Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 09:08 PM   #1  
Janette

Default Core Support Board #3

The second thread was getting a little long so I'm starting a new one. I have lost a total of 25 lbs. since August 1 (15 on CORE). I still love the program and find it so easy to follow.

I have to go. Will try to catch up tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #2  

Hey Hey Hey,

Sounds like a lot of us had weigh in tonight. I was so afraid to get on the scales. My knees were just a shakin'. And then my leader said put your arms down........I thought oh no, but she just wanted me to stand still.......get this, pizza wine on the weekend netted me a 2.4 lbs loss.' Actually i think that after I ate this on the weekend (we were away) that I came home sunday night and delved right back onto core.

i am happy i got to change my scale!!!!!!!!!1

YIPPEE...........

hope everyone else had a good weigh in! Keep it up
Old 11-11-2004, 11:07 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Congratulations, Frannie! I didn't get to change tonight I lost .4 for a total of 14.8. Next week I'll be able to change my "chick". My Leader said tonight that sometimes a change up in your food can stimulate a loss. She meant different types of Core foods but it seems like it worked for you! Congratulations also for getting back on your program. I'm sure that's really what made the difference!
Old 11-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Janette, 25 pounds in 3 months is fabulous! I hope I can lose a total of 30 by January 1st. Not impossible but it's gonna be tough with my current weekly average. I'm not giving up though because I know I'll be close. I'd be real happy to hit the 25 pound mark too!
Old 11-12-2004, 12:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Congrats, both of you!! I have lost 14 since Sept. 24th and all of it on CORE. I'm hoping for another 8-10 pound loss and then I'll stop. It has been a struggle though; and my total weight loss since my highest (Labor Day 2003) is 29 pounds. I'm happy with that since I've been very, very thin all my life and just gained this weight due to epidural steroid injections for a back problem.

Let's keep working hard and plow thru these holidays!!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:29 AM   #6  

Default Weigh In.......

Just wanted to send a quick message before getting the kids up and off to school. I was really expecting a weigth gain last night after my weekend insanity, but I actually had lost! Just barely though (.2 loss) but hey!! That's better than a gain for sure!!
Well, I better go get the kids up....I have to study for a test today so will not have much time later for posting, so thought I better do it now.

Congratulations to those who lost!! Way to go!!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:58 AM   #7  
Heather

Sounds like everyone is doing great!

I weighed in yesterday and had lost 3.2. My jaw hit the floor. I had pneumonia two weeks ago and only lost a pound that week. I have still not felt 100% though so I think my appetite is off which led to the big loss. I'll take it though.

I would ultimately like to get to 149 just to say I was in the 140's. That is only 4.6 more pounds. I think I can do it!

I started Core when it came out August 22nd and have lost 18.2 pounds on it. Love, love, love it!!!
Old 11-12-2004, 08:05 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well aren't you all just amazing! I'm happy that we are all doing so well. I don't understand why more folks aren't doing Core. I'll tell you though, my Leader is doing Core and so were the two substitute Leaders that filled in for her in the last month or so (she broke her ankle exercising!). I wonder if WW is encouraging their Leaders to do Core? Anyway, I love it because my Leader isn't afraid to talk about Core and actually incorporates it into many of her discussions. The week before last she even asked why people weren't trying Core and then asked the Core folks to try and assuage their fears. It was pretty cool. That's mostly why I stay for the meetings. That and because it helps me to hear what other people are doing. Every week I get a little pearl of something that makes it worth my 30 minutes.

I'm trying to start my new week very determined to lose big even though I'm hormone city!
Old 11-12-2004, 11:13 AM   #9  

Good morning everyone! Alright got to the weigh-in last night and hopped on the scale and it seemed like it took the "weigher" forever to say something, until she said..."you have a 1lb. loss!" Wha...? I could not believe it after last weekend. She said how close to 10lbs. loss I was and I was like, I know, just .4lbs. It will come, she said, next week, just be patient and it will come. And she also, helped settle my fear about going back into the gym, due to my fear of seeing a gain. Slowly is better than fast and gaining it back.

Y'all, I know it is so hard to lose less than a lb. and be optimistic, it makes that 1lb. loss a bit sweeter. I and everyone else should keep in mind that a loss is a loss and that's why we are on the journey we are on.

Before my meeting, I was lamenting to a friend on my rate of loss compared to the past and she, in her wisdom, said if you intend to get this weight off, slow is the way to go. I don't know about you guys, but I have never been as happy and "un-deprived" on a diet or program, as I have on CORE. And if I have to lose those pesky pounds feeling the way I do a little bit longer than anticipated, then I am fine with it!

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-12-2004, 02:20 PM   #10  

Default I lost too!

Hello everyone! I'm down another pound this week for a total weight loss of 17.4 lbs! Only .2 more until I get to my 10% goal and only 2.6 lbs. until my first 20 lbs. is gone! I was hoping I'd make it by Thanksgiving, but oh well... life happens! The best I can do is try, after all there is still 12 more eating and exercise days until then.

Actually I'm happy to lose the 1 pound after my dh took me to Black Angus steakhouse for our 19th anniversary. I managed to skip the bread, but really dived into the appetizers! Plus, he and I shared a piece of chocolate cake (served with a scoop of ice cream and some hot fudge - yikes!).

Have a great weekend!
Old 11-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Torrey, I'm happy too. This is the first plan I ever felt that I could stick to for a long period of time. I'm happy for your loss. Next week you'll get to add another guy!

Carol, congratulations on your anniversary and weight loss. I'm going out tonight for my anniversary to Morton's. 13 years for us! I'm having shrimp cocktail, a small filet mignon, and hubby and I are splitting a baked potato and broccoli. I'm caring in my own FF sour cream and margarine for my veggies. I'm praying that I'm full by dessert time so that I can resist. Morton's has a Godiva chocolate cake and a decadent upside down apple pie thingy. Dear Lord! Maybe they'll have fresh fruit? Hubby wants a drink but I'm going to pass on that. Wish me luck.
Old 11-12-2004, 10:00 PM   #12  
Janette

Congrats to everyone on the losses! I find that a "splurge" every once in a while, followed by getting right back on program usually shows a loss. It's something about throwing your body off guard, since it learns to compensate for either a reduction of calories or a routine of exercise. Also, I think we tend to not get enough fat when we try so hard to stick to program and that splurge usually compensates for that.

Keep up the good work and let's make the holiday season a successful one!

Last edited by fiftieslady; 11-12-2004 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:32 AM   #13  

Vickie, Happy Anniversary to you too! I can't believe it's been 19 years for us - it's great to be married to my soulmate and bestfriend! How did you enjoy your anniversary dinner?

Janette, I think you're right about the splurges. About 3 years ago, I was an exercise fiend (6 days a week, 1 hour) and I was doing points (winning points). I ate almost the same amount of points everday and got in a rut, eating pretty much the same things day after day. It made it easy to plan menus, but I got stuck in a plateau or started losing so slooooowly. Now I exercise 4 days a week, doing core but varying it a little on purpose to keep my body "guessing." I do lowcarb a couple of days a week, still sticking within the core food list. It's worked pretty well for me.

I am so happy with the core program! I was thinking of doing the South Beach Diet, but I'm glad I'm doing core. It's similar in a lot of ways, but I really like having the 35 WPAs to play with. On South Beach, if you have something not on program, you consider it a "cheat," but on core, you can have goodies not on program, but if you use your WPAs, you're NOT cheating! Psychologically, that is a big boost!
Old 11-13-2004, 11:51 AM   #14  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Carol! I had a wonderful meal and almost all Core. Had some mashed potatoes (made with butter AND sour cream) and shared a small apple dessert with hubby. Felt guilty the whole while even knowing that I had all 35 points to work with. But I'm over it today and back on program. As a matter of fact, I haven't eaten breakfast yet so I'm off to do that. My lunch today will be left over filet mignon sliced into a salad of mixed field greens with homemade FF thousand island dressing. Yum! Have no idea about dinner but I better start thinking about that too! Seems like it needs to be chicken.......
Old 11-13-2004, 03:21 PM   #15  

Default Congratulations to Everyone

WOW!! Everyone is doing great!!. What a fantastic week. Keep up the good work!! I am having salmon, salad and maybe a baked potatoe for supper tonight then off to the hockey game. It was a great feeling loosing this past week and keeps me motivated to keep moving!! Which by the way I have not had my walk today. Walking into Wal-mart and the grocery store does not really count. The steps count overall but I like to get in a good 45 minute walk.

Happy Anniversary to you all too!

You know how sometimes when you lose weight you feel like celebrating and the first thing that pops in my head is CHOCOLATE. Well, I felt like a celebration so I went for a manicure!! So nice to pamper myself!!! Everyone should.

I am trying to set a goal for Christmas. It is 6 weigh-ins for me. So I am going to try and lose 12 lbs. That is 2lbs a week. I have averaged 1.9 so I think that is touchable. What do you think??

See ya all in the movies,
Closed Thread