Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 06:38 PM   #181  
Closed

YOU are all just the best!!! Thank you so much for all your moral support.
TXLAWCHIC I am glad I did come back here, I almost didn't. I can't imagine how far gone I would have been had I not. Crustless Pumkin Pie, now that sounds good...is that one of Vickies?? If so and if not would you tell me where to find it...Thanks. I too thought of changing my w/i day trying to figure the angles, and that is where I messed up. It back fired, so NOW I will stay with my Saturday w/i and deal with Friday night like I always have. I rather had a off moment on Saturday. Core truly is a no brainer. If you eat Core all week, you really don't have to keep track. Guess that's why they refer to it as no-tracking option!! I still do though, habit I guess and also I like to see what I have chosen during the week. I don't count though I just write a C next to the item. Your post was very inspiring with GREAT tips on how to handle the 'situation' . Thank you for being there!! I LOVE your word..."I need to do what I need to do to make this work" AWESOME words!
MERCEE You are doing awesome WOW, be proud!! Thanks for the great words of wisdom "we don't have to drown in guilt" That is just what I have done and once I go off, I go off for the rest of the week. I NEED to stop that, and I need to stop it now!
NITA You and I need to stick by each other too. We get weak during the day, and it seems we mess up, so please hang in there with me, and I'll do the same with you.
KATHY I hope you're having a good day. I was good today, expect for the WOW chips that called my name when I got in. So as MERCEE said "don't drown in the guilt" move on and continue is what I will do.
VICKIE I hope the two of you are Ok, I didn't see a post here from you when I got in. Please let us know how you both are. Thinking of you.
Well everyone else - have a great evening and day. I know I will be back here tomorrow for my moral support.......my fix so to speak
Till then, take care and be well.......Linda
Old 12-09-2004, 06:41 PM   #182  
Closed

Katymay, Mercee...are the SF fudge pops CORE.....no, I didn't think so.....what is the points value?

MERCEE- to do the ticker you go to tickerfactory, and make up the one you want. Then you cut and paste it from the last page. Then come here to User CP (top of page) and go to edit signature...then paste it on there. Test it out first to see. It should work. Good luck...Linda
Old 12-09-2004, 08:30 PM   #183  

Height: 5'7"

Hey everybody. It was so-so for me today ... not good and not bad. Kinda ho-hum. I'm still not over this darn cold, well I guess it's all gone except for the cough and that part is about to drive me crazy!!

I'll know Monday morning if this week's inattention to the plan has affected me.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:17 AM   #184  
Closed

Hi Kathy.....I don't even HAVE a cold and my past few days had been so-so. I hope though that you are feeling better soon. The cough really is the worst, but hang in there. I too, had not good and not bad past two days but again today (again) I am focused and determined. It's not as if it's so difficult, so what my problem has been is beyond me. But I cannot afford to fool around anymore. I just actually read your stats on the bottom of your post....YOU have done fabulously....14 some odd lbs in 2 months, that is great!!
MERCEE- did the tickerfactory thing work?? I hope your day is going well.
VICKIE - please let us know how you both are?? Haven't seen a post from you. Thinking of you!!!
NITA- how it going, friend??
FRANNIE and TXLAWCHIC- how 'bout your days??
Well here it is Friday so I hope those of you who won't be back here over the weekend, have a great one, and for those who will....I will see you here.......
Have a great day out there.........Linda
Old 12-10-2004, 07:34 AM   #185  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Everyone! Thanks so much for your best wishes. I feel real warm and fuzzy that you missed me while I was gone! Hubby and I had no serious injuries. I keep telling folks that I feel like I lost a street fight! It's really hard to move around and I've been losing sleep because of headaches. Going to the Doctor today for follow up. Car is expected to be totaled and, of course, we are not prepared to have to replace it. We are retired and only have one car. So, unfortunately, I'm battling the urge to stress eat. So far I'm winning except for the pizza indulgence on Wednesday night. Well, enough of feeling sorry for myself!

I weighed in last night and stayed for my meeting as always. I'm down .8 for a total of 19.6. Not bad considering I couldn't exercise on Wednesday or Thursday. An average of 1.5 pounds a week is not bad for a 48 year old! I never did this well on Flex. Woo Hoo Core!

Nita, I too have high blood pressure. Getting off the medicine is a great incentive for losing weight. I'm also finding that exercise is helping me to lower my pressure maybe even more than the good diet. I hate to admit that since people tried for years to get me to exercise; but I think it's true! I also use little 1/2 cup tupperware cups with lids to serve/store all my desserts. It is easy and handy but it also lets me know what a serving is. If you eat more than one little cup, you have to admit you are having two servings. From one big serving bowl, you can kid yourself! I also wanted to comment on your orange story. I know you think it was a slip to eat the orange and then the treat you wanted anyway. I was thinking that it was a good thing you ate the orange first. It's possible you ate less of the treat than you would have if you hadn't had the orange in your tummy! Just a thought.

Mercee, I am SO impressed with you. 24 pounds in 11 weeks is just phenomenal! How much exercise are you doing? Would you share a typical days meal with us? It might help us to compare what we are doing with what your are doing. Weigh to go!
Old 12-10-2004, 07:54 AM   #186  
Southside White Sox Fan

Torrey, you are sounding VERY well adjusted like you've found a plan that you can live with for life. Sounds like you are in a great place to go into the weekend!

Kathy, hope you feel better soon. Hubby had a cold and cough that took him about 10-14 days to shake. He was a pretty miserable pup. It's hard to exercise or be enthusiastic when you aren't well.

Linda, you are so sweet! I can tell that you are giving this your all. I hope you're rewarded this week for all your hard efforts. The Crustless Pumpkin Pie was me....who else! Here's the recipe for you. I'd make it right away if I was you. My Niece made it on Thanksgiving. It was so great and I never felt deprived when I was eating it. I put FF Cool Whip on mine. Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum! All Core and GUILT FREE!

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

15 oz Libby Pumpkin
1 can Carnation Nonfat Evaporated milk (12 oz)
2 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3/4 cup Splenda

Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir pumpkin and sugar spice mixture into eggs. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into Pam sprayed pie pan. Bake in pre-heated 400F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325F and bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. 1 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for cinnamon, ginger and cloves but the taste will be slightly different.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:33 AM   #187  
Kathy from Vermont

That pumpkin pie is fantastic!! I have made it every week since someone mentioned the recipe and even made two to bring at Thanksgiving. I made them using the low fat graham cracker crust and counted 2 points a slice. No one even knew it was a WW recipe except me. Not only is it core but it is also good for you. I am in my 12 week and am down 22 pounds. I can honestly say that core has changed my life and I know I can continue to eat this way forever.

Kathy in VT where I wish it would snow instead of freezing rain.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:45 AM   #188  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, come to Chicago. We've had plenty of snow already! I'm glad you endorsed the crustless pumpkin pie. I get excited when I think how good a veggie is tasting in a dessert!
Old 12-10-2004, 08:57 AM   #189  

That's funny - I have that pumpkin pie recipe too, only I call it pumpkin custard. Crustless pie sounds tastier! : ) I make it and eat it for breakfast a lot.

Angela
Old 12-10-2004, 10:03 AM   #190  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny734
I just actually read your stats on the bottom of your post....YOU have done fabulously....14 some odd lbs in 2 months, that is great!!
Thanks, Linda! And would you believe it all happened in the first six weeks or so? When I first started Core, it all just melted off. I know it was something to do with the water of course, but I stuck with it closely and it worked!!

I'll share a sign I saw yesterday:

Just because something's difficult doesn't mean you shouldn't try. I means you should try HARDER!

Happy day, everybody!
Old 12-10-2004, 10:48 AM   #191  

Hello everyone! Sounds like everyone has been rejuvenated and that is fabulous!

I love the Crustless Pumpkin pie. It has become a staple in my kitchen, b/c it's so easy, inexpensive and just plain good. Breakfast, snack whatever! YOu can't go wrong w/ a glass of milk & a dollop of ff whipped topping. the only difference w/my recipe is that I substituted 4 egg whites for the whole eggs, but still so good!!!

I made an amazing Potato Leek Soup last night, will pass along the recipe later. Funny, never had it, but it is phenomenal and very filling. B/C I'm having my potato for lunch (the soup), I will not have it for dinner. I don't want to cook tonight, does anyone have any suggestions on a CORE takeout alternative or something that I don't have to prepare really? I need to clean tonight, so I want to have a quick dinner and hit it! The kitchen is a disaster, so I don't want to deal with it besides cleaning.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-10-2004, 05:20 PM   #192  
Closed

Ok then, the Crustless Pumpkin Pie is on the list of things to do!! Thanks....and Vickie somehow I knew it was you (hahaha) So if I don't sue the FF coolwhip, then it is ALL CORE and I can eat a BIG ole piece if I want to??????? I bet it's nice and filling for breakfast, and I just may try that too, bring it to work. Is COUS-COUS a red light food for anyone else and is it even a RED LIGHT food on Core????
I can actually overdose on that stuff. I found that I was coming home making it and eating it as a bowl of soup, but that isn't off program though is it, and it IS NOT an abuse food....so do you think with that we can have as much as we need. Also do any of you eat inbetween your Breakfast and Lunch and if so, what??? Don't tell me friut!! How do you all handle - 'eat till your satisfied' do you actually measure out a portion or do you put the food on your plate and go from there. Any and all sugguestions are welcome. By finding out what others do, may insure the rest of us to be successful too. So how does everyone do their CORE thing??
I will not be rewarded tomorrow, that would take a miracle and tthere won't be one, I can tell. I had an on/off week again....but I am here so that is a good thing.
I do find that if I start in the middle of a week, I am not good, but if I start on my w/i day I am good all week. So tomorrow I start my new week. I may have had three out of 7 good days this week.....not good. BUT I will not mess up this new week, and I will NOT switch to points either. I am however hoping to at least get 2 lbs off by next Saturday, that is when we leave for the weekend for KeyWest.....for some good ole R and R. A 5 hour ride from here but worth it......
I hope everyone is having or had a great OP day......I for one will be back here later and tomorrow......I will let you know my w/i tomorrow.....regardless....
but if it is UP I will not make my tickerfactory tape reflect it...that is only for weight loss :-)
You all have a great night. TXLAWCHIC- I don't know what you can 'order in' on Core but how 'bout some chicken and brocoli if you like Chinese - it's maybe 3 pts for a cup or how 'bout a sandwich from Subway....most are 6 or 7 pts...not too bad.....well what ever it is you choose ENJOY!!!!
Talk with you all later...............Linda
Old 12-10-2004, 05:27 PM   #193  
Closed

KATHY-from Vermont......Wow you are another one who is doing awesome.....bravo to you too!! Another inspiration to keep me motivated. Did you ever to Flex?? and what are your secrets....please don't tell me fruit :-)
Keep up the good work.....that's fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! Linda
Old 12-10-2004, 05:32 PM   #194  
Closed

VICKIE - guess I never thought as the Pumpkin as a veggie.....hhmm I could get my
3-5 servings of veggies in, in a day (hahaha)
So glad you and your husband are well, that is what matters.....you were missed :-)
19.6 lbs down....that is great......looking forward to that chicken changing...it should be in every number, don't ya think?? Keep up the good work too...
An average of 1.5 a week is just plain FABULOUS!!
Take it easy, be well and stay warm......Linda
Old 12-10-2004, 05:36 PM   #195  
Closed

Kathy (Bindy) I love that quote. I will remember that when I think I can't do this on any given day.....even though Core is a no brainer it takes work, so I will just remeber when on the day it seems difficult I will try harder. Thanks for sharing that.
Closed Thread