Old 04-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 170/167/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the welcome !I am working hard to lose a few (alot ) pounds before vacation in June.I have always been up and down with my weight.

Had some health issues including Thyroid issues since I was 9 or 10. At that time i went from normal kid to 200 lbs of miserable. By the time I was 12 on thyroid med and a nice 115. Got off the med was fine weight wise till 19 got married and had my first child and the struggle begain again. I can go from 195 to around 127 (The lowest i noticed)

I have 5 children, on my second marriage and also have Myastinia gravis in remmission after a thymus surgery.

Worked out with wii fit for a hour this morning. Starting the inner kleen diet tommorrow. My mom used to put me on it when I was like 10 or 11 lol.. But I always lost weight and felt better after. So she claims So thats a little about me Sending good thoughts to everyone !!
luckygemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #152  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Not much to report. Exciting day running errands. I did buy a pair of capris.

Annie, http://www.championusa.com/Champion/Default.aspx is having a bra sale. I'll by a some every few years. This is what I got last time but not everyone likes underwires, were cheaper then too! http://www.championusa.com/Champion/...on/CH6242.aspx I heard OK had tornados yesterday; I hope all is well. Usually Hubby's idea of exercise is mowing the lawn.

Lucky, I hear a lot of good things about Wii
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:24 PM   #153  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Annie- sounds like you had a nice weekend, except for the Chinese food. lol

luckygemini- Welcome, what is the inner Kleen diet? sounds interesting

Happy to say I've made it two days without junk food. Eating clean yesterday and today. Already dropped 1.7lbs. Did 63min. of exercise- riding the bike & walking. I was slacking on the amount of time I spent exercising for a few weeks cause of the crap going on in my life right now. Looks like things are going to get better now, so no more slacking. I'm going back to doing my eating & exercise the way I got good results in the past, but making sure I get enough sodium & fat in my diet, I learned that lesson. If I make it through the week without messing up, I will be eating candy on Easter! Oh, I finally got called for a job interview too, it's with a discount retailer called Ross. The appt. is for tomorrow, I'm supposed to wear relaxed business attire, I have nothing to wear. They just called me today to come in tomorrow & I have no money to buy anything. This should be interesting, but if I get the job I get discounts on clothing, shoes & housewares. That will make me happy!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Fruitlady-Good luck with the interview tomorrow! Whatever you end up wearing, hold your head high and walk in like you own the place.

PP-Thanks for the link for the bras. I'll check it out.

Sat through an hour and a half of band concert tonight on gymnasium bleachers....I'm sore. LOL! They couldn't have it in the auditorium due to preparing for another production. I like listening to the bands, but that was too long for me to sit in one place.

I'm really shooting for a 5 mile walking workout in the morning. I hope I can get up in time to do it. I'm excited about the challenge we have going. Even if I don't make my short term goal, I am sure it will get me back on track!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 04-18-2011 at 10:22 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

Ate badly again yesterday, but at least I am exercising. Must be strong today. It's hard, when I know there will be events this week where I'll want to--and will--eat off plan--so my sneaky brain says, you know you're going to blow your diet, so why try to hard to stay on it the rest of the time?

Anyway, I must run--time to go exercise.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #156  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Good day, all! Day 39 (I recounted again today) of our challenge - and by golly, the next one is going to count UP because I'm the worst at counting down. I always thought if I'm ever stopped by the cops and told to say the alphabet backwards, that won't go well, even though I don't drink! Ummm... Z ...(then whisper the whole thing to myself to get to the XYZ, yes, Y!) sheesh. Anyway I got out and walked three miles at lunch on the canal here while talking on the phone with my cousin. Then was told by hubby that I've gone over minutes for this month by $50. ACK. Used up all the rolled over minutes and apparently have an expensive walking partner across the country. Got my hair cut last night - like it - then made a spicy angel hair pasta dish - then we went for a three-mile walk on the trail behind our home ... and got rained on for the last 3/4 mile. It was chilly, too! On my 100-mile challenge, I have walked 48 miles in April, with 52 left to go. Won't get out today - bad storms - so will try to get on the treadmill tonight. Hubby is meeting me for lunch at a Cajun-style quick local joint ... unless it's storming horribly, I asked him to not drive if it's bad.

Found out that my goal of hitting the beaches in Tampa for memorial day won't be happening as the stepdaughter's school ISN'T done on Tuesday like she said... that's the first day of their exams, so no go. Now I want to just hit SOME beach that weekend hard in the middle of the country.

Annie - How was your walking workout this morning? Your pic came out GREAT! I have such a hard time finding sports bras that are comfy - have to try on a lot of them. Are you getting ANY of this rain at ALL?? I saw a headline that said "horses on fire in Texas" from all the wildfires but couldn't read the story. That would stick with me forever.

FL - GOOD LUCK on your interview today - go get 'em!!

LUCKY - good job on getting started with the activity! We've got kind of a challenge to ourselves that will get us to Memorial Day - now we've got 39 days left ... just to kick up the activity as much as we can and hopefully start a bit of summer in better shape!
Better get back to work - will check in later!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:48 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

FL - good luck on the job interview

Everyone sounds busy, read all the posts, but had no time to catch up yesterday, work is busy and I hope to catch up before I am off for a week and ahalf. My home computer is working so great right now so I may dissapear till May 2 or 3.
Had a good food day yesterday and off to a good start today, put some muffins in the oven last night then hubby and I walked out the door to play our first game of tennis. It was fun but the courts still have some snow so we just played in a school paved area! I don't care I am tired of being stuck inside it was fun. Came home and remembered the muffins in the oven :P , son was home and he accidently turned the oven off instead of the stove when he finished cooking, so at least the muffins were a little salvagable, I was sooo looking forward to a nice low fat banana muffin this morning! Aging is grand!!! NOT......
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:24 AM   #158  

FL, good luck on your interview. I love Ross! The prices are great.

Ashley, Kudos on the tennis game! Lucky you son turned off the oven, that might have been a mess!

NP, I have to sing the Sesame Street alphabet song just to get through them front to back. Backwards, HA!

Annie, Target also sells Champion bras but I haven't looked there.

I forgot to post a funny 'this is why I lift weights' story. I admit to being a little bit of a show-off when it comes to being strong, and I'm always looking for ways to tease my hubby. Today, we drove into the parking lot of Lowe's, I saw a man in his late 60's pushing a dolly of concrete bags up to his truck. I pointed him out to Hubby and said half-jokingly "should I offer to help him out?". We walked up to him and I expected Hubby to offer to help, but he said "my wife says she'd be glad to help you" The man laughed up until the time I squatted, picked up a 40lb bag of concrete and threw it into the back of the truck. Hubby said the guy looked stunned. They chatted while I threw the rest of the concrete into the back for him. He thanked us and we walked away. Hubby said the man looked like he needed help but didn't want to offer himself and embarress the man, who might turn down another man's offer of help, and he knows I'm always willing to show off..
Old 04-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hey gang. In a melancholy mood here this morning. It is the 16th anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing and it always brings me down. I always have one face in my mind when I think of that horrible day. It is of a little boy named Blake Kennedy. He was one of the little ones killed that day in the day care center. He easily could have been my son...a blond, smiling angel in his picture. Just typing this chokes me up. I just know I will never forget that day and I hope no one else does, either. We must remember that evil is all around and we must fight for what is good and right. Thanks for letting me say that.

I was able to get 4 miles of the 5 mile walk in this morning. I honestly think I need a new alarm clock. I'll try to make this as short as I can.... I have always been in the habit of hitting "snooze" a few times before rising, I've never been one to just jump out of bed. It seems like in the past that when I hit the "snooze" button on an alarm clock, it gave me 5 min. or less to doze. I bought a new alarm clock last year and it gives 10 min. per "snooze", which is way too long for me. I set my alarm for 0500 and by the time I hit "snooze" 2 or 3 times, it's 0530 before I know it. I know this sounds silly and childish (because as an adult I should be able to just adapt), but I want a clock that gives me about 5 min. per "snooze" so I can get up sooner. I know, now that I typed it out it sounds really dumb....but that's how I feel. I am going to look around.

So, since last night's supper plans were dashed on the rocks, I am making it tonight. Going to do grilled tilapia, cilantro/lime rice and baby carrots. I think I will boil the carrots, as not sure if they will work if I steam them. Anyone ever steamed baby carrots?? I know it's healthier, just not sure how long it would take.

Kitteh said, "It's hard, when I know there will be events this week where I'll want to--and will--eat off plan--so my sneaky brain says, you know you're going to blow your diet, so why try to hard to stay on it the rest of the time?"-Sistah, I am the same way lately. Normally, I am able to stick to plan and look forward to the upcoming treat. I am planning to make Easter dinner next Sunday which includes a sinful chocolate cake (with buttercream frosting....) and want to be as good as I can this week so I don't feel too badly about indulging. We'll see how it goes...good luck to you!!

NP-I found a link about the horses you mentioned....not a happy one, but it does verify what you saw.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,3107932.story

...No, we haven't had a drop of rain here. I noticed some grasses already brown like they are in August around here. I really hope we get some rain this week, there is a chance later. Also hoping that it doesn't just run off because the ground is so dry and flood.

Yep, it is hard to find a good sports bra that fits, doesn't give the "una-boob" look and doesn't cost a fortune. I looked at the links PP posted, but I have to try them on, etc. I may go look at Academy soon.

Ashley-Hope the over-done banana muffins tasted good and your efforts weren't completely for naught. Good job getting out to play even if all the snow isn't gone yet.

PP-This is you.......glad to hear you squatted first. Awesome!!

FL-Let us know how the interview goes.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 04-19-2011 at 11:58 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #160  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Thanks all- for all the good luck for the interview.
If i get hired I'll get 20% discount anytime & 40% discount three times a year. I'll end up spending my paycheck there! Not Good!

The interview went ok, manager said they have to run a backround check then they will call me. I'm not worried, I'm not a criminal. I forgot to ask how long that takes, I don't know when to expect the call. I wore a nice sweater, black dress jeans & black shoes w/ a small heal. I wore what I had, glad I didn't over dress cause it didn't seem like that kind of store.

I was nervous about the interview & ate 7 Hershey kisses before I left, also ate a huge breakfast, including dinner I'll be over my calorie limit by 400! I was full, but couldn't stop eating cause somehow it calmed my nerves. Other than the kisses, all the food was clean & healthy at least. Rode the bike after breakfast for 20min, didn't want to walk cause it's pouring and cold again. Just having my lean protein for dinner and that's it for me! Oh, lost 2oz, i expected it to be more, so that was a downer this morning.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM   #161  

I did 45min weights. I skipped about 5 min; the deadlifts {never a favorite} and some of the abs. I used the 8's and 13's,

We got an email that we can go pick up the stove tonight! My parents are coming to help so I guess we are having a stove-coming party!

FL, I'm sure you looked great, and the interview went well.

Annie, the DJ's were talking about the OKC bombing today. Hubby's Bday is 9/11, so its always hard to celebrate. My snooze is closer to 7min.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:11 PM   #162  
ugggg.....

Hi All...busy posters again..I need to step it up...in a blue mood as the 1st anniversary of my Mom's death is coming up...going to start a boot camp lite on Monday...hope I dont embarass myself...getting fitted for running shoes on Thursday...my sneakers are in sad shape..
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #163  

Today is one of my early mornings for Bible study; I'm not really a morning person, but come May I'll get a break until August. Hubby has to get up a 5:30 for work but he's the one who doesn't want to go to bed until 11:30, and then wants to sleep late all weekend. I only have a few early mornings a week but try to get up at least by 8:30 the rest of the week to develop a schedule.

I got my new stove last night about 8pm. I have to 'conditon" the oven for an hour at 400* today before I can use it, the instructions warn of an 'odor'. Great. But I'm looking forward to getting to use it.

Jules, sorry for the loss of your Mom.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:02 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

NP- love your weights story!

Jules - sorry to hear about your mom, you must miss her. Hope your boot camp and shoe fitting goes well.

Annie - the bombing was such a tragedy, we don't forget days like that.

FL - glad your interview went well!

Had a good day foodwise yesterday it is nice to be able to eat healthier low fat versions of Chicken alfredo and still have it count in one's calories. . have to stop the stupid prozac I am having a terrible reaction to it. My face and eyes and lips are swoellen and itchy and burning ... yuck, and taking doulble doses of allergy meds to help with this, and I am nervious and jittery and feel very sick to my stomach. I will just have to pray more instead!
last day of work till the 3rd yay......
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #165  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

OK, everyone, Day 38 of our challenge!! Memorial Day weekend is coming up quickly, it seems (at least to my white, dimply, big thighs) ... Got in another three miles on the trail right before the storms moved in last night, and were serenaded by the tornado sirens on the way home - which raises my stress levels like crazy. Have done 51 miles/49 to go in my April Challenge to myself. Won't make it to 100 miles but I'll see what I can do and try to top that next month... I guess.

Ashley - how exciting to be heading out!!! Are you all set to do some shopping on your trip, too? Do you have Kohls there? If not, that's a good spot for clothes as well as JCPenneys that i know you were looking forward to. Just don't buy anything full price at Kohls.

PP - great news on the oven - is it a cold day there so you can actually enjoy the heat from it while it's on today? Hope it doesn't stink you out of there.

FL - good news on the interview! Keep us posted. We've got our fingers crossed for you!

Annie - I have an L L Bean or Land's End alarm clock that wakes me up with light flashing but then it goes to an EH EH EH sound if I don't wake up - but I always do ... but the snooze on that one is like 5 minutes. I really like it as it's old fashioned looking clock face, not digital. Well, now I can't find it on their sites... shoot. You could choose any colors that were like from the 50s I have a very light pastel yellow and love it! But good luck in your search - love the light waking me up, though. ... and on a side note, we're getting FLOODED now. Not my house, but they've got the sand bags available, etc. Our home should be fine even with more rain, but streets are getting hammered.

Jules - hang in there - this WILL be a tough time for you. Do you have things you do that make you feel closer to her/her memory? My mom's a BIG tea drinker, so when I pour a cup of tea in a pretty tea cup and relax and enjoy it, I always think of her.

Kitteh - hang in there! Sounds like you're running on all cylinders now. Keep up the exercise for stress relief
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote