Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #76  

Thanks everyone!! I'm just thrilled my body seems to be dropping weight again!!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #77  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on getting to move on, Yelie! I'm sure some of us can join you there soon!

amhoffy, I hope you can flush the sodium from your system and get yourself a step closer to those goal pants!

sotypical, mmmm! Those mini meatloaves and falafels sound good! I never used to cook before I lived here, but now I'm finding I really enjoy it and food seems to taste better when I know I made it by hand.

stargzr, I hope you survived your busy day at work. It's good to hear that you're feeling back on track now. And I'm definitely with you on being excited to get out of these 150s!

fashin, I'm sure you'll get your whoosh after TOM! Stay OP and you should be fine!

sugar, that's weird about your Wii Fit scale. Is it possible that you didn't have it on an even surface, or that it is running low on batteries?

I am loving my new workout stuff! I can really feel how the rowing thing is working my abs, and the ankle weights are great to have to wear all day at work. The only problem is that even with my yoga mat, lowering my back down and rolling it back up is really killing my tail bone. It feels bruised. I never seemed to notice that pain before, I guess because I used to have a thick layer of fat back there for padding! I guess my skin will get tougher as I keep going.

It was a nice NSV today when two of my coworkers commented on how good I looked.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #78  
LAWL ups and downs

S/C/G: 166/151.4/135

Height: 5'6"

Kirjava- yay for workout gear! Do the ankle weights bug you during the day?

I just weighed in, and I stayed at 151.4. Sooo I can't complain because at least I maintained through the little Korean food fiasco. It was my 8 week appointment so they measured me too, and I've lost 5.75 inches this month from my bust, waist, hips, and thighs. Total I've lost 12 inches since the beginning of February. That's encouraging at least.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:03 AM   #79  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

ugh. What do you guys think of flats (shoes?) They have never been my style, but I can see the appeal. I spent two hours and finally went with these ones (half the price @ winners) - but anyway. It really bugs me that I can see my soes with the socks and pants. I assume I get used to it? I am so used to wearing runners - but these seem easier to walk in then heals - though not super comfy.

I guess they are the style... but does seeing socks bug anyone else?

Last edited by sotypical; 04-15-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #80  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Am – I really like your idea of sticking your WI on your dash, kind of a constant reminder. I hope you’re not getting sick… The food sounds good, but I know how you feel. Yay on the WI with no gains! WOW, that’s a lot of inches lost! WTG!

Yelie – CONGRATS!!! Hope we’ll see you soon!

Kirjava – Sorry to hear about your rear, haha. Maybe toss a small pillow under there for next time? Congrats on the nsv, it’s always nice to hear that someone else has noticed your efforts!

Sotypical – I’m not a fan of the flats… any flats in general. I see the appeal, but to me they feel like less than slippers that I would wear around the house so I’ve deemed them not for me.

This morning the scale clocked me in at 155. I’m really excited this time to see that number and I’m not going up ever again! I got through yesterday alright, complete with venting to a couple of co-workers. We have a new process at work and it’s driving all of us insane! Oh well, we’ll get through soon enough, right?
Old 04-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #81  

Amhoffy - that's amazing! I started my weight loss journey in mid-February too, but I doubt I've lost anywhere near 12 inches!! Way to go!!

Sotypical - I love flats. Not as much as I love heels, but they're perfect for work. Look for ballet flats - I have a few that are super comfy. That said, if it were up to me, flip flops would be work attire too :-p

Stargzr - Yay! Congratulations!! Doesn't it feel great?? I'm so thrilled to be halfway done with the 150s!

As for me, I'm dreading Monday. I go in at 6am, so they're providing breakfast (cookies, danishes, pastries, and doughnuts + juice and milk) - a low carb NIGHTMARE. LOL. They're also providing lunch, and I can only guess that it will be pizza. God help me! LOL

Tomorrow we get lunch as well, but I got to order what I wanted, so I'm prepared. I know it'll come with breadsticks and desserts, but I'll avoid those. I ordered a chef's salad with bleu cheese dressing. I'm actually looking forward to it!
Old 04-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #82  

End of day five... I ate well all day, and finished it out with a giant bowl of ice cream.

I couldn't handle the carb cravings anymore. Hopefully I'll get back on track tomorrow. If not, it's back to calorie counting, where if my cravings are THAT bad, I can manage them.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #83  
Starting Fresh

I feel so blah today, like I don't even want to try. Just frustrated I guess and I know the next few days are going to be horrible so I am stuck in this "why bother" feeling. Still in the 150's but barley and the scale isn't moving down, but that is my own fault.

On to some cheerful news! Those flats I bought on Wednesday are not very comfortable - they are cute though. Anyway, yesterday I went to this expensive ladies clothing store and got another pair of flats that were normally $120 for $24 and a cute sweater/wrap/blanket for $36 reg $180! Was so excited. I don't normally never go over there because it's too expensive/old lady for me. Oh, I got a super cute necklace too. Funny how shopping make you feel better - sad because it is an addiction I guess. Sorry, a lot going on right now with my family and addictions. Hope everyone is having a good Friday. I hope I can get out of this blah funk.

Edit: Totally forgot the best part... the sweater was a SMALL! So yea, it's a big sweater - but still cool!

Last edited by sotypical; 04-16-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:32 PM   #84  

Congrats sotypical!!

I'm happy to report that despite the carbs yesterday, no weight gain today I will be trying to cut carbs on a regular basis now, but I will not follow a strict low carb diet. If I do, I'll at least allow fruits and such. The cravings were just too bad, and I don't want to risk binges and blood sugar surges, even for easy pounds off.

I may even eat no carbs a few days, then add carbs back a few days :-p Maybe then I can lose a few pounds at a time whenever I cut them out! Haha

But still hanging in there at 155, which is great! I had a good salad for lunch today at work, and I'll be making a roast tonight with some veggies (sauteed spinach and roasted broccoli, probably). I also had a small chocolate chip cookie, and I don't regret it I will if I gain tomorrow, LOL, but right now, I don't!
Old 04-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #85  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

That's a great idea, Nicole. After my first attempt at low-carb gave me an awesome loss the first week and then really bad losses the next few, I think that, like you, I'll do the low-carb thing every four weeks or so to give myself that nice drop, but there's no way I can stick with it full time. It's great that even with your ice cream and cookie, you're holding at the same weight!

sotypical, shopping is definitely satisfying! Does the new pair of flats you bought feel more comfortable than the last one? I think I'm the opposite of you: I can't feel comfortable in heels, even small ones. You got some great bargains at that store!

stargzr, I didn't think of trying a pillow. I gave myself a day off on the rower thing and instead used my ankle weights to do a bunch of leg exercises during a movie, and by now my tail bone doesn't hurt anymore. Even yesterday when I did a lot of rowing stuff, I didn't feel a bruise. Maybe I'm getting tougher!

amhoffy, I was worried the ankle weights would bug me, but after they're on for a couple minutes, I pretty much forget they're there, unless I'm climbing stairs. It's not that they're not still effective, it's just that they're very comfortable and even though my legs have to work harder to move, it becomes less noticeably different after a little while.

I got some excellent news yesterday! I've been worried for a while that I would have no teaching job for next year because the woman I'm replacing this year is returning to the school. My principal has been calling around to other communities for me, and he found me a position in another Inuit village! I'll be teaching Grade 5/6, and I'm thrilled! The community and the school are about half the size of where I am now, hence the need for split grades. I'll be one of only two primary English teachers (the other teaches 3/4, because K-2 is in Inuktitut).

All I need is a good weigh-in tomorrow to make my week complete! Good luck to everyone else!

Edit: I got my good weigh-in! 4.2lb loss, to put me at 156! Only 11 pounds left until I reach my goal! I hope I can manage that by the end of the school year.

Last edited by Kirjava; 04-17-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #86  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

sotypical - A small sweater?! Awesome! I love shopping now too, it just reaffirms to me a few reasons why I'm losing weight. I just know you can stick with it and move the scale - You go girl!

nicole - It sounds like you've got a great plan going for yourself. Great job!

kirjava - haha, I sure hope you're getting stronger and your tailbone doesn't give any more pain. Congrats on the great job news and that awesome weigh-in! woot!

Sorry I went MIA yesterday... hubby and I called in to work and took off to Six Flags for the day. It was so much fun! We got there right when it opened and were able to walk-on to most rides. There were only two that we had to wait in a line for. It was great! We also managed to avoid eating there by taking snacks in our pockets! lol I made a deal with myself that I would run up each set of stairs and that was fun. Then I ran up this massive hill to Superman backwards. People were looking at me funny, but man my rear was burning and so was the top of my thighs. lol After Six Flags, we went shopping at the mall down the street from Six Flags and I found this FABULOUS store! It's called Romy and their clothes were all so cute and prices so reasonable, I wanted like everything! I ended up getting three tops. Anyhow, the scale rewarded me for my efforts by showing 153 today. (showed 154 yesterday). I'm really excited about this whooshing that's going on! I'm working super hard!! I hope you're all having a great weekend!

Last edited by stargzr; 04-17-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Yellie! I hope to join you soon!

Wow amhoffy, 12 inches lost is amazing and congrats on staying at 151 you're doing great!

sotypical, I love flats and those ones you bought are really cute! I'm more of a flats person although I'm kind of excited to start wearing heels and dressing up when I start my new job Monday. And I know how you feel about the blahs I have been feeling that way myself for the last couple days and I'm trying to get over it but it's hard especially with the weekend. We just gotta keep at it we can do this!

stargzr, congrats on 155! And I hope your work situation works itself out soon I'm sure it will!
EDIT: we cross-posted! Your day at six flags and the mall yesterday sounds so fun I love six flags! And congrats on seeing your hard work pay off you are doing so great!!

Nicole, congrats on 155 despite the carbs! I think it's a good idea to just do low carb sometimes, I might try that if I can't get past this 158!

kirjava, congrats on the job that's so exciting!! And congrats on your WI that's an amazing loss you're doing so great!

Well I start my new job on Monday so I went to Express this weekend to get some more dress pants and blouses and am excited to say that the 12's were too big and I am officially a 10! I tried on some 8's too just to see and they actually fit all the way but were pretty tight lol but it's good to know I'm almost there! Also, medium tops actually fit me now (they used to be too tight on my arms) but I still had to buy larges of the button down kind cause the mediums pulled too badly at my chest but that's ok! Lol and I'm starting a new workout routine Monday so I'm hoping that helps with my losses although I think I'm going to stay away from the scale for a few days after because I dont want the initial gain to scare me again. Hope you ladies are having a wonderful weekend so far!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-17-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:03 AM   #88  
Starting Fresh

Just and quick hello and goodbye before I head off in the morning for a few days to Montreal. Hopefully I can stay in this thread when I come back! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 182/157/130

Height: 5'5.5

Hello everyone! I'm new to this thread. I have been stuck between 156 - 159 since at least January. I am so ready to get out of those numbers. Today I was 157.8.

I am following the Weight Watchers plan and eating Clean. Eating Clean is pretty new to me. So I am still learning and adjusting, but I like it. Last week my husband and I started P90. We are doing this to prepare for P90X. 90 days should end mid July, which is right before we go to Florida for our 3rd Anniversary. I really want to stick to my diet and P90 to look great in Florida!

I'm excited to join a group of people to chat about weightloss successes and frustrations. I think everyone in my family is getting sick of it. Haha
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #90  

Jessica, welcome and good luck!! I know you'll beat the 150s soon!!

Sotypical, you'll still be in this thread - don't worry about it! Have fun!

Fashin - Congrats! New clothes are so much fun

Star - That sounds fantastic! Good job staying on plan!!

I'm back up at 158 today, but hopefully I'm just retaining water. I ate pretty well yesterday (certainly not over 1500), and walked ALL day between Mall of America and Ikea. I mean, literally - from noon to 8pm or so! Minus an hour or two of sitting to have a drink w/ friends.

My TOM is really late..I started March 12 last month, making me just about 9 days late. I'm sure it's coming soon and that's why I'm having this issue.
Closed Thread