Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #181  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

sotypical I'm from Toronto. Lululemon is huge here. I had one pair of pants from when I was bigger that fit, but at Christmas I got a gift certificate and since then it's become my addiction. I hate working out in anything else now. I've got a couple of tanks, shorts, a pair of pants, two hoodies and a jacket. My parents have bought me a few things just on a whim because I definitely get use out of it! It's my birthday next week so there'll be shopping, no doubt. I used to hate shopping. What's happened here? Lol.

fashinjunkie Thank you! I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough week...especially when it's not really your fault. Still, all you can do is your best. Keep that mentality that you're "being good" this week and even if you have a slip up or two it'll still feel like you're on track and ready for next week. It might not show up on the scale, but at least it won't completely derail your frame of mind. Good luck! Pizza is my weakness too. I usually make a healthy version to fight the cravings.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:21 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

Hi guys! I'm new as of yesterday..(yes that new). I wont lie I feel pretty awkward doing all of this, just something I'm not use to..but at the same time it all seems encouraging! I never thought I had a weight issue until I moved in with my BF and his family.

I currently weigh 158 but my goal is to get to at least 120. So far I've been walk/jogging a mile a day, 50 situps and 3 sets of 10 arm workouts. I only take 1200 calories a day, sometimes maybe a little more. My bf's mother is asian so she makes amazing and healthy dishes for me. I'm not sure if it is even enough, any opinions or advice?

I've spent the last few days reading stories and browsing these forums, and I have to say that it is very inspirational and does not make me feel...alone I guess is a good word for it.

I would love to stick around for a while!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #183  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

SO.... 150.2 this morning. That freaking 0.2. Surprisingly, I'm not too freaked out about it. I did everything I could today and I'll try again tomorrow. Now onto more important matters...

bellona, welcome! You'll be outta here in no time !

stargzr, SO glad to see you back! Missed you, girl! Hope things are getting better for you, but in the meantime, I'd say give yourself a break. Be patient with yourself. When you can deal with what you need to deal with, you'll be able to pick up where you left off. You know what struck me in your post? You said you were sad that you treated your body poorly. I don't know about you, but I would have never had that line of thinking before I started this (I would have thought "Well now I really feel like crap; where's the ice cream ?"). I realize this might be exactly zero help, but I think that is progress. You know what your body needs, you know what you need to do to be healthy and get to your goals. More importantly, you know how to do it. When you're ready, you'll get there .

fashin, glad you see you back too! Social eating can be so difficult. I don't know if this happens to you, but when people start asking questions about why I'm not eating certain things it makes it so much harder for me! That luncheon sounds frustrating too. Pizza and ice cream, really bosses? You'll get through it, though, we know you can do it girl.

Kruez, welcome! This is a wonderful, encouraging, supportive place to be! The ladies here (especially on this thread ) are so helpful and give great advice! It felt weird to me at first too, because I never talk about weight-loss with anyone in "real life" but it feels more normal now. It looks like you're off to a great start! You'll have to see how your body responds to your new diet/exercise plan and make adjustments, but I'd say you might want to up your exercise. Exercise really helps me lose and makes me feel awesome! Maybe more cardio or if you have cable there's tons of stuff on exerciseTV on demand. I think Jillian Michaels has some good stuff on there. If you do one of her workouts, you'll know you're working hard enough .
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #184  

tuende- Wow!! 150! Gratz! You're almost in your 140's :]. And I see what you mean about the workout thing. I'll see what I can do to increase what I do already. I had the feeling I wasn't doing enough! Thanks .
Old 05-20-2010, 09:29 AM   #185  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

149.3!!!! Wahoo!
*does cartwheel down the hallway*
Old 05-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #186  

Gratz!!!! Keep it up!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #187  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Fashin - I know exactly what you mean, if its not one thing its another. I feel like I just got back on track and now I have eaten out 5 times in the last week - thankfully I have made healthier choices but my sneak peak at the scale this morning said tomorrow weigh's in wont be good *sigh* - we can do this!

rockstar87 - I hear you on the shopping. I love shopping - it used to be for random stuff but now its cloths and stuff for me. haha

Kruez2 - wecome!!

tuende - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lululemon pants fit! woo! They are even a bit big in the waist, but I think a size smaller would of been too small - and they didn't have a size smaller. Now it just needs to stop pouring rain so I can wear them. Last week was so nice!

Like I said, I caved and peaked at the scale this morning. I was really hoping *sigh* but its up a pound from last Friday. I did have soup last night, so hoping it was salty soup. lol
Old 05-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #188  

sotypical - I'm pretty sure it's just the soup. Soup consist a lot of sodium so it has to be just water weight atm.

Today I woke up, still weigh 158 but it seems that I weigh the same for a few days then drop a pound. I assume it's because I'm working out along with dieting to start off instead of just dieting first then working out.

My bf's mother just asked me what do I want to eat for diet food...so of course I willingly chose chinese food. My boyfriend likes the typical cheeseburgers and stuff so obviously I can't eat what he wants lol.

Later on I plan on jogging/walking a mile on my usual route then I plan on walking around the same route again for my new cardio. So almost 3 miles. Then my 50 situps but I'm taking breaks inbetween my weight workouts so my muscles can build.

It's also a beautiful day today!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #189  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Courtnie – thanks. So glad your lulu’s fit… and are even a smidge too big! That’s great!

Zephyr – thanks. You motivated me to start my 30ds again.. I’ll try to keep up to date putting it in my signature what day/level I’m on. What day/level are you on?

Ashlee – You’re the best! You always seem to say the thing that I need to hear. How do you do that? jk I’m glad to hear your weight did well while the bf’s family was there! I’m sure you’ll be back at (and below) 157 very soon!! Good luck with Friday! I love pizza, but (fortunately) it’s not a major weakness for me. Maybe take your own salad if there won’t be one and if you eat that first, then you can have 1 slice?

Kruez – Welcome! Hope your stay in the 150s is quick! Word on the street is that 1200 cals is the smallest amount your body should take in, so I would say you’re ok… It shouldn’t hurt to raise them a bit higher if you’re feeling hungry or deprived though.

Tuende – Call me silly, but your words actually made me tear up… I know exactly what you mean, and you’re right I never would have thought like that before. I would have just thought I ate too much and needed to cut back. Big change of perspective… You’ve given me something to think about. So I was writing something about your 150.2 weigh in only to scroll down and see 149.3!!!! Holy criminy! Congrats chickie!!

Nicole - Are you still around? You're missed. =/

I drew up a ‘Plan of Attack’ yesterday in my spare seconds at work and made it all pretty with the color printer. I’m going to post it in a conspicuous place at home. My hubby is going to really work on his eating too, so that should be really helpful for me. Boo on starting my TOM late last night. So I’m kinda crampy and icky today. I’m trying to ignore the icky feeling and remember that next month on my TOM I’ll be feeling MUCH better… and lighter I might add. I just know that we all can get back on track and drop into the 140s together, let’s do this ladies!!

Last edited by stargzr; 05-20-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #190  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey ladies!

Sorry I haven't found time to post. Been home a day then went to Charleston for my daugter's appointment. Life is ALWAYS crazy for me.

Sounds like everyone was struggling a little but have gotten back on track. Very cool. Same for me been doing my shakes two days in a row and am going to add exercise in tomorrow. I have this week and the next before I go to florida for a big weekend festival. Loadsa friends and such so I know I need to make myself stay on track now for then
Welcome to all the new faces!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #191  

stargzr - That's great that your bf is eating healthy with you now too. I wish my bf would, but his doctor told him he actually needs to GAIN weight! He eats so much, and it is usually crap. I'm convincing him to at least eat healthy stuff now instead of fast food and ect. and to get him to gain his weight.

I can't help the fact that I get so jealous sometimes of what he's eating and I can't have it! It's like a big tease. But I'm keeping myself in check to only eat what my body needs to lose the weight and be healthy.

Sun - Have fun on the trip to Florida! I'm actually visiting Florida in June for a month. I wont have a beach body or anything close to it, but hey at least I'll get some sun .
Old 05-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #192  
Starting Fresh

Kruez2 - nothing says you can't have a cheese burger, you just have to make it work for you. I picked up some lean beef pattys, they are 140 calories each, weigh your cheese or use a cheese slice, get a light bun - easy. I also have some garden burgers that are rice and cheese, they are 200 calories a patty but man they are good. You just have to make it work for you. Plan your day in advance, eat a smaller lunch if you want a burger for dinner. All this burger talk, I might have to make some tonight!

Last edited by sotypical; 05-20-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #193  

sotypical - true! My bf's mom has a Culinary Degree, so she manages a lot of my food for me to lose the weight (since she's so upset about how much I weigh ). She made a pizza last night, wheat crust with organic toppings, no beef, turkey, chicken, veggies, and topped with low-fat organic cheese.

At the same time I shouldn't complain, at least she's helping . And a cheeseburger does sound good!

Last edited by Kruez2; 05-20-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:32 PM   #194  
Starting Fresh

Kruez2 - no offense, but it's none of her business how much you weight! But very nice that she cooks for you. At your weight and height, you are not far from a normal weight, about 10 pounds.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #195  

sotypical - Oh, I know. I thought and felt that for a long time. But at the same time, no point in arguing when someone is willing to help you lose that weight at all cost. May as well be healthy at the same time too .
Closed Thread