Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 12:00 AM   #16  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

Hey all! I had a good weigh in last weekend (154.8), but I had what amounts to a three day binge on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. I'm trying to recover, but I'm having a hard time with it. Luckily the guest we had is gone (major stressor), so I just have to get back on the wagon. And I have been working out everyday, though just running which is not one of my "harder" workouts.

I'm excited about the new thread and I'll be following along again now!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #17  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

paja - I know how you feel... Sunday started poor eating for me too. At least you're back at it now! Hopefully your scale will start being friendly soon!

This morning, the scale let me down to 157-158. I think if it were digital I'd be 157.something so I'll stick with that. I don't know if one more day of eating super clean will bring me back to 154.. but I can dream, can't I?
Hubby and I are going out of town this weekend and I'm seriously taking my scale with me... since I'm so close to the end, I don't want to mess up thinking my scale is at home. I hope you're all having a great morning!
Old 04-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #18  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Nicole - way to go on those bars! I probably would of eaten them all.

stargzr - hope your toe is feeling better.

fashin - you scale will be back down on Monday, I know you can do it!

Paja - I hear you on eating out of stress - good luck! you will be back on track and no time.

So I am worried. My scale isn't really going down, I was hoping to see a good loss this week to be safely in the 150's. My WI isn't until tomorrow, but I don't think I am going to drop a pound over night. This weekend we are off for a trip to the beautiful west cost, it is going to be hard to stay on track I think. Although I am feeling pretty determined to stay out of the 160's so maybe I can do it. Wine in the hot tub might be an issue.

Last night my Step Dad and I booked a last min trip to Montreal. For the 18-21. How do you eat good in Montreal when you are dealing with a HUGE amount of stress. For anyone that remember's from the 160 thread it is sort of a continuation from a few weeks ago. Hopefully I can be as good as possible. Wonder if I can stick with salad for one meal and a treat for the other. I might be able to pull that off. Like if I want burger and fries eat it for lunch and then salad at dinner... I dunno. gack.

Just stressing, thanks for letting me vent.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Nicole, great job on giving the other 4 granola bars away and staying strong until dinner I'm not sure if I could've done that you're awesome!

stargzr, thanks! And I'm sorry about your toe I really hope it starts feeling better soon! And I'm hoping for 154 for you tomorrow but whatever it says have fun with your hubby!

paja, I know how you feel as well I had a three day binge over Easter weekend (fri, sat, and sun) and it put me up almost 4 lbs! You just gotta get back on track and it will come off fast, I've been OP since Monday and about 3 lbs of it is already gone, you can do it good luck girl!

Courtnie, we cross posted! Don't worry about tomorrow's WI you can most definitely lose a lb or more overnight I have done it many times. And good luck with your trips I think your plan of one treat meal a day sounds great because if you're like me and you try to restrict too much you'll end up going crazy. Good luck girl you can do it!!

I'm back in the 158's this morning so I'm pretty happy with that, but still hoping to see 156 on Monday. Hope you ladies are having a good day so far!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-08-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #20  
Starting Fresh

Thanks Fashin, I know I can do it (hopefully) I am just stressing about getting too far back into the 160's. Was so happy to be in this thread! On a plus side... I get two long weekends in a row! This weekend and next! yay!
Old 04-08-2010, 03:54 PM   #21  

Finally something worth eating at work!! In the breakroom (in addition to pizza, which I took a slice of for dinner, lol), there is a HUGE raw veggie platter! I'm munching on broccoli, red and green peppers, celrey and carrots.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #22  

Courtnie, yay for long weekends those are the best!

Nicole, you're lucky! We never have healthy snacks (which is why I always bring my own). Good for you for opting for the veggies and taking only 1 piece of pizza- that's my downfall for sure!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-08-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #23  
Starting Fresh

Oh pizza, why did you even say the word. mmmmmmm spicy perogie pizza is my fav!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #24  

I know pizza is my absolute weakness! I can go without it forever because I won't buy it myself, but if you sit it in front of me I cannot resist... Unfortunately I have tried and failed many times.

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-08-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #25  
Starting Fresh

I honest thinkly you could eat worse foods then pizza. For example, I think you would be far worse off with a meal from McDonalds then a few slices of pizza. Yes there is a lot of calories in pizza, but it also does have some nutritional value (assuming you have more then meat and cheese on it, lol).
Old 04-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #26  

The pizza at the restaurant nearby that they always order from - called Green Mills Cafe - is INCREDIBLE, too. That's why whenever we order it, I take a single slice for dinner. If I ate it at work, I'd be tempted to eat more than one, so taking one for later really helps me with portion control.

The one I always take is grilled chicken and spinach. Mmmmm, lol

Ladies, help me! I'm having some serious chocolate cravings!!
Old 04-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #27  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

sotypical - I just *know* that you can stick with it and stay in the 150s while you're away! You can't leave us!

fashin - 158 is great!! I hope you see 156 on WI!!! How awesome would that be?! Only a few days of setback and loads of learning.

nicole - WTG with the pizza! I have learned that it's a bad thing for me, once I start I can't stop, lol. So I try to just stay away. We also never have any healthy foods brought to my work - unless *I* bring it. Oh and... stay away from the chocolate! lol You're having pizza for dinner tonight and that is soooo worth not having a piece/bite of chocolate, right?

My toe is feeling weird and I'm debating whether or not to go on my run tonight. I really, really, really want to, but I don't want to kill my toe, lol. Did I mention I really want to go on my run? lol
Old 04-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #28  

I know, my bf gets supreme pizza and I pick off the sausage (yuck!) so I don't think it's too bad at least I'm getting some veggies!

Nicole, do you have any calories left for chocolate? I find that when I'm really craving something it's best to give in and have some. BUT, I will wait a couple hours and sometimes even a couple days to make sure it's a real craving because more often than not it goes away. Good luck, whatever you decide to do you'll be fine!

stargzr, I'm sorry your toe is still bothering you. Maybe you could try to run and if it hurts too bad then just finish up walking? Either way I hope it feels better soon!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-08-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #29  
Starting Fresh

Nicole - I am like Fashin. If I am really craving something I just usually need to eat it. Otherwise I find myself eating other stuff to fill that craving - in the end eating more then I need anyway.

stargzr - sorry about your toe. Try and take it easy.

Last edited by sotypical; 04-08-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:33 PM   #30  

Fashin and Sotypical - I just ended up eating a small cadbury caramel egg. It's not really high in calories, but it was sooo delicious. Totally worth it, and I fit it into the plan (It just meant no snack while I watch tv tonight, which would have been a greek yogurt).

Star - I'm sorry you toe is feeling weird! I hope you're alright!!!

Fashin - that's a smart idea! THere was supreme pizza today, too, but I looked at the meat and thought "That's just not gonna work." I may just do that next time.
Closed Thread