Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Courtnie, have fun in Montreal and don't worry I'm sure you'll still be in the 150's when you get back- good luck!

Welcome Jessica, you've come to the right place!

Nicole, I'm sure you are retaining water what with TOM being right around the corner and all that walking yesterday. You will be back down to 155 or even lower in no time!

I'm at 157.6 this morning so I'm going to be good all day and hope that I'll see 156 in the morning. I'd be so excited because I haven't seen that number since highschool at least 5 years ago! Tonight my mom is cooking dinner and although she's been very accomodating to my lower calorie needs, she and my grandpa are dying for some homemade chicken fried steak. I'm not even going to try and guess how many calories that would be so I'm going to make myself some oven "fried" chicken for less than 200 cals and still have some mashed potatoes and green beans. I'm pretty excited! Hope you ladies are having a good weekend!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 182/157/130

Height: 5'5.5

Thank you! I had a great day, and I'm already feeling awesome this weekend. I bought a new dress for my Goddaughter's baptism next weekend. It's so cute.

My best friend just told me that she is thinking about getting married in November in Riviera Maya. It's a good thing I'm cracking down on losing weight now!

Nicole, it sounds like you had a great day yesterday. Hopefully you're just retaining water like you said. Just keep doing great and it'll come off.

Fashinjunkie09, I'm rootin' for you to see your high school weight again! Good job changing the recipes to work for your diet.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #93  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

sotypical - I’m sure you’ll still be in the 150s when you get back, have fun!

Jessica - Welcome!

Nicole - I’m sure it’ll go away! I wouldn’t worry too much.

fashin - How’d you do at dinner last night? Did you get a good WI today?

I was out of the house like all day yesterday and didn’t get a chance to stop in and say hello. I stuck at 153 yesterday as well, but went zombie-like and ate a slice of pizza last night. Sodium killed the scale this morning, lol. I’m sure it’ll be back down in a couple days. Then TOM comes later this week and I am SO not looking forward to weight stall. BUT, hopefully I can see a whoosh when it’s gone from sticking OP. Work’s irritating me so my runs for a little while should be really good! lol (running eases my stress ) Sounds like everyone had a great weekend! Hope we can all post a loss this week!! WEE!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #94  

Thanks Jessica! Congrats on the new dress and I'm sure you'll look great by the time your friend's wedding rolls around!

stargzr, congrats on 153 you'll definitely see it again soon! My WI was not what I wanted this morning and I'm thinking about changing my WI day to Sunday...

I started my new job this morning so I had to wake up at 5:30 this morning and I don't know why but every time I've ever weighed in that early it's not as great as if I had slept in.... Since I'm going to be waking up this early every day from now on, I think I'm going to make my official WI day Sunday. I can't handle seeing such a good number Sunday morning, being OP all day, and then seeing a gain the next morning on my "official" WI day. *sigh*

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-19-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #95  

fashin - Aw man, that's a bummer! If it makes you feel any better, I'm up at 5:05 every weekday. How'd your first day go at work??? I'm sure the scale will be nice to you this week. btw, new pic -Your son is super cute!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #96  
improving life!

Height: 5'7"

just made it to the 150s last week! the scale said 158.6 so I figured I should make the move over here. I got out of the 160s pretty fast, I think the 150s will be slower, which I'm fine with since i'm getting close to goal. plus that means I get to spam this thread longer
Old 04-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkalarmclock View Post
plus that means I get to spam this thread longer

Congrats on your losses so far and WELCOME to the 150s!!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #98  

Thanks stargzr, I think he's pretty cute too! And I did really good today so tomorrow's WI should be good. I think when I start waking up at 5:30 every morning my body will get used to it, I hope so anyway lol. My first day at work was pretty great but I can't wait til it's a few weeks from now and I'm done with training and in a routine ya know?

Welcome pink, glad you're here!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-19-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:09 AM   #99  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on the new job, fashin! It's too bad you have to get up so early for it. Maybe the reason 5:30 weigh-ins aren't as good for you is because you didn't get an extra couple of hours of sleep like normal to burn off last night's meals and pass water? I think a Sunday weigh-in should be great!

stargzr, it's great you have running to ease your stress. When I get stressed I tend to want to eat, which is the opposite of healthy! I hope that you can flush out that sodium from the pizza and get yourself back to where you want to be.

Welcome to the 150s, pink!

I usually don't mind my TOM too horribly, even if it does stall my weight loss. However, yesterday morning I got those so-painful-I-would-honestly-rather-die cramps, and spent an hour lying on my couch wishing for quick death. Does that ever happen to some of you? It's happened to me four or five times since I got my period at 11, so it's not frequent, but it's terrible. I have the horrible cramps, and I get very woozy and lightheaded (from experience, I know that if I don't lie down I'll pass out), I go pale and clammy, and then the clamminess turns into a full-on dripping sweat. I was fifteen minutes late for work because there was no way I could even get off my couch, let alone walk to the school. I pumped myself full of so many acetaminophen tablets I'm amazed I didn't OD. But even when the cramps were gone, all day I could only stand for maybe ten to fifteen minutes before I needed to sit down, for fear I'd pass out or collapse.

Thank goodness I'm feeling better today, and I hope none of you have to deal with that on your TOMs.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #100  

fashin - I understand what you mean, it's always nice to be able to do your own thing once you're trained.

kirjava - Sounds a little scary! I never got cramps before I started losing weight. They got worse the smaller I got and now have leveled off for the most part. I get the cramps in front and back for the first day or two - badly enough that I take a hot water bottle to work with me... Glad you're feeling better today!

Um, the leftover slice of pizza attacked me... So it'll be like tomorrow or thurs until my weight comes down again, but the good news is that I got in a short run last night. I felt much better (until the slice of pizza). I'll be running intervals tonight and I plan to go for 40mins to get rid of said pizza. Good thing it's all gone now! I'm going to Forever 21 at lunch today to pick up a couple new tank tops to run in (as soon as I can get up enough courage to run in a tank top at the gym ). Do you all get new clothes often?

Last edited by stargzr; 04-20-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #101  
Almost there

Sorry to hear that you get cramps the first two days, stargzr. A hot water bottle would have been a great thing to have. The thing is, 99% of the time I have zero cramps during my period, but when I do get cramps, they're monsters! I think part of the reason they're not frequent is because after the second time it happened, I wised up and basically started taking three acetaminophen tablets every morning I have my period, whether I feel crampy or not. This time I realized my TOM started, thought, "I'll take some pills after my shower," and by the time I was out of the shower I was in full-on cramp mode. Stupid me! But enough about my TOM...

Also sorry to hear that the pizza set you back. I hope the next few runs help you to burn it off! I don't get new clothes often because there are no clothing stores up here, and even when I go home I try to avoid buying things for fear (or hope!) that I'll shrink some more and they'll be useless. I did buy a few things when I went home for Easter, but I bought stuff that was a bit small for me. I figure it will fit me properly by the end of the school year when I go on my cruise.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #102  

kirjava - I do that too, buy things that are a bit too small...

We've gone pretty dead in here the last couple of days chickies...
I had a reg WI today I suppose. I'm hoping to see 153 before TOM arrives so I can stick at 153 until he leaves and hopefully takes another 2lbs with him (which can happen if I'm really good). I did have a great run last night at the gym! I went home feeling accomplished.

Add: So, a little sense has been made of my weigh-ins... TOM arrived just a little bit ago. I'm a little sad I didn't get a chance to drop to 153 before TOM came, but I guess a whoosh back down there won't be bad. =/

Last edited by stargzr; 04-21-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:03 AM   #103  
Almost there

It's too bad you didn't hit the 153 you wanted before TOM, stargzr. Hopefully he (I love how you call your TOM a "he"!) will take a lot away when he leaves!

Either this week is going to be excellent for me in terms of weight loss, or I'm losing inches instead, because pants I tried on just on Sunday are already fitting me better today! I'm also really starting to notice in the mirror that my stomach is getting smaller and I look more like I have curves rather than just fat.

The low-carb I'm doing now is extremely strict, and it's working wonders, but I'm ready to bring back in more carbs next week. I'm eating the same thing day in, day out right now, and I've even gotten sick of hard-boiled eggs, which is something I never thought could happen! I had to make myself some different breakfasts because the thought of eating one more egg made me feel nauseous. I should be receiving a big grocery order today, which means I'll have more low-carb options to eat until my Saturday weigh-in where I'll let myself back onto some carby things. I'm looking forward to the low-fat havarti cheese, especially!

Good luck everyone!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #104  

kirjava - Yum, havarti cheese! I'm glad the diet you're doing atm is working well for you! How exciting for your pants to fit better already!! WOOT!

Four words: Huge Binge Last Night
I'm having some problems and I don't think it has anything to do with food, but that's what I'm using to "fix" them. I'm going to choose to be MIA for a few days, until I can figure this out. I'll see y'all when I'm in a better state of mind.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #105  
Almost there

stargzr, I'm so sorry for whatever you're dealing with. I hope it can come to some kind of resolution so you can get back on track. Best wishes!

Still no grocery order today. Boo. I'll have to boil some eggs for my evening snack... gross. Unless maybe I make it more like an omelette and put in some parmesan cheese, then they might actually taste good. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do.
Closed Thread