Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

stargzr, aw thanks lol!! And you're so lucky to have the support of your hubby good luck to you both and you're absolutely right- those last 10 lbs are going to drop like flies for sure!

zephyr, I'm sorry to hear your ankle is still bothering you. Keep doing what you've been doing- even if you don't have a full pound loss a little is better than nothing. But, don't get discouraged I'm sure your WI will be great!

kirjava, I'm sorry work is so stressful right now it sounds pretty intense. I hope everything turns out well for you and the kids and you all get through this as stress-free as possible .

tuende, I know what you mean about being crazy busy! It sounds like your adjusting very well, I hope to get used to my new schedule soon. And congrats on 152 you are so close way to go!!

Well.... Finally 156 this morning! I'm very excited because it's my end of April goal, my mini goal # 4, and I haven't seen that number in more than 5 years (since highschool)! This is just the motivation I needed to stay on track! I still haven't figured out if I want to change my WI day from Monday to a weekend day (my WI's are much better when I've had the chance to sleep in but maybe my body's finally get used to waking up so early?) Any opinions? I hope you ladies had a good week, I'm so glad it's practically Friday!

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 04-29-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:10 PM   #122  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Zephyr – Sorry to hear you’re having a hard time this week. Hey, it may not be a whole pound, but ½ a pound is AWESOME!

Kirjava – I’m interested to hear how the carbs are affecting you since you’ve put them back in, keep us updated. Bummer about the testing… I always hated those!

Tuende – Awesome progress with the non-routine! Yep, all of the junk food is out of the house!

Fashin – How is your job going, btw? CONGRATS on the 156! That’s awesome that you’re at a weight you remember from high school! I’m not sure about the WI day, I never really had an “official” WI day before, I just am an everyday weigher. I do feel Sunday weigh-ins help me stay on track better for the weekend though.

I got surprised later Wed morning and was told I get to train a new person for our department. I don’t mind the training, in fact I prefer that I train than the other person in my department, so it’s all good. I’ve just been SUPER busy… hence me not coming by here yesterday. I’ve been in a sour mood lately, it’s like I’m really sad every day. I don’t like feeling this way and I’m hoping it breaks up soon. No real plans for the weekend, just a date with the gym tonight after work.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #123  

stargzr, I think I'm going to change my WI day to Sunday hopefully that will help keep me on track on the weekends. I'm sorry you've been so busy at work, I agree I also like to train the new people in my department just to make sure we're all on the same page, but it sucks when you are so busy it's just another added stress. I hope you get out of your funk soon, I hate when I get to feeling that way. Just know we're here if you need us .
Old 05-01-2010, 01:45 PM   #124  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

fashin - You're so sweet. thank you

Last night was a bad night... although I was able to keep a handle on my eating for the first time while I was feeling down. So that's a good step in the right direction. Scale has me at 153 this morning. I hope I can keep this downward trend going.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:40 PM   #125  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't know for sure if it was being back on carbs, but I'm up 0.2 pounds this week. It's a small gain, but I was still expecting a standstill or a small loss, so it was pretty disappointing. I kind of, um... went nuts today on the food, and ate a whole whack of croutons, so now I've got refined carbs back in my system. I wouldn't be surprised if I gained some more, actually.

I'm glad to hear that you're back down to 153, stargzr, I hope that you can keep heading downwards.

Congratulations on making it to 156, fashin! It's great when one weigh-in brings you to a lot of mini-goals at once!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #126  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Fashin - congrats on meeting your end of April goal. I like your idea of weighing in on Sunday's - maybe I need to do that as well. Sometimes I feel like I weigh in Friday's and go - yay no weighing in for another week. So I eat more then I normally would. Maybe I should really try Sunday's too.

Kirjava - LOL @ the croutons. Only laughing because I do the same thing sometimes, haha. Sometimes its the only thing in the house with a crunch. Although, right now there is about 6 open bags of chips! Seriously, I am not even 100% sure how that happened, well I do know, but still. Bit overboard there.

I hate to admit it, but I actually weighed more at the end of April then I did at the beginning - and I even lost a couple pounds at the beginning. Anyway, I picked myself up this morning and dusted myself off. This has to end and it will. I have an awesome day planned today. My boyfriend works late tomorrow and Wednesday - all my friends are busy this month so there will be no eating out with them. The only bad thing is, the 6 open bags of chips and a fridge full of beer... playoff hockey anyone? GO CANUCKS!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #127  

stargzr, that is definitely a step in the right direction I would say it's a huge NSV way to go! And I know you'll keep seeing 153 and lower, you're doing so great I can't wait to get where you are- closer to the 140's than the 160's!

Thanks kirjava! I'm sorry about the 0.2 . Although you had amazing WI's the last couple of weeks so you are still doing awesome!

Courtnie, I think Sundays will be more helpful for me but I cannot deny I have that mentality of "ok I've weighed in, now I get to eat!" and I'm not sure that'll go away no matter what day I WI. I think I'm getting better about it though. Good for you for picking yourself up and starting over, you can do this!!

Yesterday was my first official Sunday WI, and ironically I weighed less this morning even at 5:30 am... Go figure. But I'm going to stick with my new day and I also started working out again this morning! My first time ever at 5:30 am and it wasn't so bad. I'm going to keep weighing myself daily, but I refuse to let the scale scare me away from exercise again! Lol I hope you ladies are having a good Monday so far!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:30 PM   #128  
Starting Fresh

Fashin - I think you right about thinking that way no matter what. But if I weighed in Sunday or even Monday morning - there wouldn't be all the damage I don't think since the weekends are really bad for me.

So I was just sitting here thinking and looking at recipes and it totally hit me. My boyfriend now works nights on Tuesday and Wednesday and my friends are gone/working late this month too. So that means - I can try all the recipes my boyfriend won't eat! I am so excited now. I found a nice crab cake recipe for tomorrow - and considering a white wine clam linguine for Wednesday! This should hopefully keep me motivated. But really my problems are just the weekends anyway, but I am so excited to be able to cook seafood! (boyfriend HATES it)
Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #129  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Hey girls, hope everyone had a good Monday !

stargzr, congrats on the 153 and (more importantly?) on keeping your eating under control when you're feeling down. I wish I could get there, but it's so damn difficult! Also, I was thinking of you when I was running this weekend. There's this big hill at the end of my run and I usually talk myself out of it and walk up the first part. But I was telling myself I had to run the whole way this time and I was thinking to myself "just pretend you love running like stargzr loves it..." I don't know what it was, but short story long- I made it up the hill.
fashin, I think it's awesome that you are so committed to working out that you are willing to do it at 5:30 am. I love to work out in the morning, it makes me feel great the whole day. Plus, I don't want to over-eat and know that I suffered for nothing !
sotypical, I'm so glad to hear that you're moving forward despite some setbacks. I really have to work on being patient with myself. I get so frustrated with myself for small slip-ups. The reality is that all of us have come so far. I have to remind myself this, even if I am still a work in progress. Have fun cooking, you'll have to let us know how those recipes turn out .

With that being said, I didn't have a great weekend. I was sort of bummed out and calorie-wise, I went a little overboard. I didn't eat anything bad per se... just too much. I don't think I gained, but I certainly didn't lose. As I was saying before, I get frustrated with myself really easily and it's so hard for me to get past it. Working on that and moving forward. Had a good day today though- my students always cheer my up!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #130  
Starting Fresh

Hump day! How is everyone's week going?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 AM   #131  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey girls! I am back! I couldn't log on while in India so its been over a month. Too much to catch up on so I will just jump back in,
I KNOW I have gained some while I was there. it was impossible to watch what I ate because it was all soooo good and I hadn't had in in years. I am not upset so its all good I am going to give myself a week to readjust and then weigh in again.

Hope you all have been doing great! muah~!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #132  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

So quiet! Where is everyone ?!

Sun, what were you doing in India? That sounds like quite an adventure!

It is a gorgeous weekend here which always makes me so much more optimistic about things. AND, I can exercise outside which I love. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
Old 05-09-2010, 06:46 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5"5

It felt really good this morning when I stepped on the scale and it read 149.6. I haven't weighed less than 150 in years.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

foodfight: nice job! You're on your way to the 130's now!
tuende: I'm in the Seattle area too and am enjoying the wonderful weather as well!

Good luck to everyone who's trying to beat the 150's.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 155/ticker/125

Height: 5"5

xooma: Haha, thanks! It feels good.

And funnily enough, I also live in Seattle. I'm sitting on my couch right now just basking in the sun from the window. Best sunday!
Closed Thread