Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #211  
Up.Forward.Higher.Always.

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130's

Height: 5' 5"

Banish fat boost metabolism... I knew I was missing a few words . Holy plyo is right, although I've done that sucker a few too many times... it's pretty bad when you what she's going to say before she says it. rockstar what's the summer job? I like being a teacher so that I get to bum around every summer! Although, I will admit, we probably would all go insane without that break! Also, when is your birthday? I think it's good of you to enjoy your accomplishments and not worry too much about it. The 140's won't be too far off for you!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #212  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Oh man, I know. I did it a few times last summer but I always opted for Trouble Zones over it. It's just so freaaaaking hard and I usually run for my cardio. I was just so bored with Trouble Zones yesterday I took a chance. My sister told me I was nuts, haha. I should probably do yoga today but I'm not in the mood. I'm not much of a yogi. Haha.

My summer job is a bank teller. I've done it for the last 4 summers and I was actually hoping to get a job doing something else but that didn't work out. I'm kinda bored with the work to be honest (I get bored really easily, haha) and I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to put up with customers again. Alas, most jobs involve customer service. I just hate when you get someone in a crappy mood or that takes stuff out on you when you have no control over it...and then your day gets ruined because of it. It's a great job pay wise and it's better than a lot of other jobs I could have, but after four summers I was kinda ready for a change.

I think I would be okay bumming around if I didn't feel like my mother was constantly wondering if I was ever going to do anything. I could honestly spend my entire summer doing workout related things and sitting on the computer. The thing this time is that I'm not going back to school in September. I'm taking a year off and looking at some different programs including med school and dietetics. So now I have this mentality where I'll never get to bum around like this again and am trying to draw it out as much as possible. And I feel like I need to make some money instead of living off my parents at the age of 23.

And my birthday is the 27th.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

rockstar87 - It's great that you have a job for the summer though. I would go look but I quit my job in October (worked in the mall, Pretty Woman) for college in the spring. Now that I've started my life in college, I don't feel like working either lol, instead I'll pack on courses to my sced. I took 6 classes my spring semester, managed to make a 3.9 GPA. I signed up for 6 classes for fall and a lab, so we will see how that goes.

I think my mind works in one direction lol. When I REALLY want to focus on something, I just want to do that. Like with school, I refused to do anything but school. Now I'm dedicated to this weight loss, so this whole summer is towards my weight loss and of course vacation to Florida and somewhere else.

Well this morning I woke up, had me an apple (I LOVE yellow apples) and for lunch 10 chicken nuggets, well 9 because my bf took one. I've been really tired since the school semester ended and IDK why. In the daytime I feel so drowsy, but the evening after I run I feel so renewed..maybe it's the fast food I endowed before I decided to diet a week ago?

Still 157, but that's still 3 pounds lost in one week.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #214  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Kruez2 Yeah you should really pay attention and learn some nice healthy dishes but really enjoy not having to cook. Its something you ahve to do for the rest of your life. whenever I go home my mom cooks for me the whole month and I freakin love it!

rockstar87 ohh sounds like you are enjoying your running..I might start that soon.

zephyrYou little exercise fiend! am so jealous I am so proud of you! remember when you were in the 180s?

tuende Can't wait to join you in the 140s! Where do you live> I live in SC on the border of georgia near savannah and its hot here already!

stargzr Wow you have to tell us how everyone reacts to the new you! So exciting. I have the same problem with eating portions. I need to get back on track. I was so good before I went on vacation.

Alright ladies I finally exercised today and it felt great! I am still a bit drowsy with all this heat but I am hoping this is the beginning of it. So my sister and I have been very busy in fact we are on our way out so this is a really short post. hope you all are having great days!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #215  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

sun~ I was just reminicing(sp?) today about where I use to be and love how far I've come! Lately when I walk I can help but to look down at my legs and am just amazed at how small they seem to be getting. Still a long way to go but I've already come sooo far!! Great job on getting the exercise in btw!! What are you doing now?

kruez~before you know it you'll have all kind of energy you've never had before!

rockstar~ bank teller isn't so bad...just happens to be what I do. Happy early birthday by the way!

I had a pretty good day. I worked this morning and then did some cleaning out of my basement. Boy was that work!!! I ended up getting like 4 boxes and 2 bags of garbage taken out and found a few bags for a yardsale. I feel so accomplished!! I'm enjoying my weekend without exercise. It feels like to work hard during the week and then getting to rest on the weekend.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #216  

Tuende - Congrats on the 140s!!!

Rockstar - A bank teller isn't such a bad job! I lived w/ my parents while I worked on my MBA, and so I moved in w/ them at 22 and left at 24. I don't think I was too old to do it It was nice to save on rent while I wasn't working.

Kruez2 - Congrats on 3 pounds in one week!! Way to go!

As for me...151, ladies!! I'm SO excited at this week's weigh-in. Maybe I'll hit the 140s before my Chicago trip Thursday!!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 170/168/120

Height: 5'5

sun - I think the heat is getting to me too lol. I LOVE spring/summer but oh my gosh so tired!

zephyr524 - That's great! I wish I could actually get up and go through my clothes lol, but my body is so sore from working out this week since it's my first week. Maybe I'll get to it eventually!

ValentineNicole - Gratz!!! I'm sure you'll get to those 140's soon enough .

Woke up this morning, still 157..that's better than going up! So I'm now keeping track of my weight loss on a whiteboard that I have. I'm doing it by weeks, so week 1 - -3pounds 157. Had my apple for breakfast because I'm not really a breakfast person and come to find out were having muscles for dinner..not sure how I feel about that.

Also have to plan out my trip to Florida and to my friend on LI for their July 4th party. So much to do @.@.

<3 you guys!
Old 05-23-2010, 05:41 PM   #218  

rockstar, that's funny because I'd do Banish Fat Boost Metabolism over Trouble Zones any day! I think it's because I hate, hate HATE lunges and she makes you do them so much in that one! That summer job sounds...uh... well at least you're making money! Haha, jk. I worked retail one summer and it was not fun. People seem to have some weird ideas about how you can treat people who have customer service type jobs. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pick up something part time so that I can afford my own place, and that is exactly the part of the job that I'm least looking forward to. At least you'll have your mother off your back- mine gets to be the same way. I live at home (again) and yes, it's obnoxious but not having a lease is nice when you want to say, oh I don't know, pick up and go to Kenya or China for a few months . Those programs you are looking into sound interesting- I think it's great you're taking your time to explore your options!

Sun, I live in Seattle. I absolutely love it here, but sometimes the constant grey, drizzly, 55 degree days get a little old in MAY. Seriously. But when it starts getting nice it is gorgeous here. I guess I'll have to be a little more patient this year.

zephyr, I'm probably in the minority here but I just love to clean! Doesn't a clean basement feel so good?!

Nicole! Glad to see you back! You're so dang close! Get it, girl!

kruez, 3 lbs in a week is awesome! What a successful first week you've had !

Well, I'm still on plan today, but had a little mini melt-down because I had to bake a cake. It's for my dad's birthday and I really didn't want to, but I made it anyway because he likes it. I walk that fine line between knowing what's good for you and what's complete crap and imposing my new eating habits onto other people. I swore I wouldn't eat any and the logical, rational part of my brain knows that nothing in that cake is going to help me get any closer to my goals. However, that irrational, middle brain where your impulses and emotions get all wrapped up in nonsense was just driving me crazy! I seriously hated that cake, almost started crying struggling not to eat any just while I was baking it. I haven't even gotten to the point where I have to have people offer me some and have to watch them eat it. Whew. Now I have to go frost the damn thing... wish me luck.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #219  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Rockstar - what lulu pants did you order???

Kruez2 - 3 pounds in one week is awesome!

tuende - I live in BC so I feel your pain on the rain. But at the same time, there is something so cozy about a rainy day. Especially when you can just snuggle up on the couch and relax. Good luck with the cake, I am not strong, I would cave and had a small slice.

Nicole - so close, keep going! Good to see you here again.

So camping was so, so. Didn't eat that great. But I saw that coming. Today hasn't been too bad, now that I home, but I have the worst craving for homemade cookies.

My mom had some of that activa yogurt at the campground so I tried it. DAMN that is good. Much more calories then the stuff I normally eat - but so creamy and delicious. I think I might have to grab some.

I am just trying to waste some time and let my freshly painted nails dry. I probably should be doing something productive today though, rather then just sitting around. Long weekend here though, kinda nice to just relax especially after my busy week.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:49 PM   #220  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies!! I hope you all had a good weekend!

Sotypical~glad you enjoyed your weekend camping. I haven't camped in nearly 8 years and I miss it! My husband and I say every summer that we are goign to go camping and then it just doesn't happen.

tuende~ did you have some of that cake you had to bake? There is nothing wrong with having a small piece of cake though.

Nicole~ Wow, your so close to being in the 140's! Hopefully we are all not far behind you!

Well, I had a pretty good day. I got my workout done first thing this morning and haven't eating horribly bad today. It's been a so-so kind of few days. Those kind of days are nice every now and then. At least I'm still chugging along though!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #221  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Kruez - What your uncle said makes sense. I know how it goes to put off cleaning, lol. Did you ever get it done?

Courtnie - Awesome score on the new cookbook! (I also agree that you always belonged in here ) If you like creamier yogurt, you should really try out greek yogurt! I really enjoy the vanilla/honey flavor! It’s like a dessert for me.

Tuende - I totally wouldn’t have blamed you if you had jumped up and down in excitement! I know when I finally see 145... Better watch out, lol. “fear leaving the body” ahh, I love that line. Oh and your rockin’ days are really helping me to find the umph to make my days rockin’. How’d the cake frosting go?

Rockstar - I hope they don’t overload you on your bday.. Oh and bloating goes away… actual weight doesn’t, so be glad you’re bloated. Also, don’t be ashamed to be taking advantage of being able to laze around! Take advantage while you can! Before you have to work the rest of your life, haha.

Sun - I will definitely get back to you… I was thinking of walking up to the booth without my husband and see if they recognize me right off, lol - since I’ve been told I look so different now. Yay for exercising!!

Zephyr - Wow, you cleaned out a lot!! WTG!

As for me... it was a looooong weekend that was SOOO unproductive - unless you count eating off plan. Boo! Anyhow, I think it may have been just lethargic enough to kick me in the rear. I've been thinking, while I've been at it for so long, what's a month dedicated to eating MUCH better?! So started today and will go for a 30 day thing. I've heard "they" say it takes 30 days to change a habit (is that right?) so I can commit 30 days out of my super long life, right? Right. I'm pretty excited to be getting to goal and I really hope I will drop right down.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #222  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

ValentineNicole hope you make it!

Kruez2 I totally keep track of my weight on a word document. Its nice to see the over all picture month to month. Plus I have a photo slide as well. Every five lbs or so

tuende
good luck with your cake. I know its sooo hard, I made tapioca pudding with bananas and had some. I have to not deprive myself completely or I will binge.

sotypical hmm I am going to go do my nails too

zephyr524 So so days are so much better then bad days chugging is what gets you to skinnyville

stargzr I totally love that you are just psyching yourself up for one month. I try a week to week thing or I am overhelmed.

So I have been eating decent not down the 500 calories a day I want to be but atleast down. I am happily working out everyday again FINALLY! loving my treadmill right now. Looking forward to spending time at my girlfriends this weekend
Old 05-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #223  

Oh the cake... I am happy to report that I did not ingest one gram of that damn thing. I seriously hated it though. Bonus fun, I had to bake it, then watch people eat it, then go to a restaurant where my extended family was eating Italian food and yes, another cake. Let's just say it was a frustrating day. The good news is that my dad is an amazing cook and he made really delicious healthy food that I ate normal amounts of. I actually think I was under my calories because I was so freaked out and hypervigilant the whole day. Now today... I went a little nuts. I was debating the whole day whether or not to have a higher calorie day today. The scale hasn't budged since last week, and sometimes I feel like my body needs some extra calories once and a while. This afternoon, I just went for it and like usual, I didn't eat anything bad, just too much. I know I overdid it, but I figure I'll just workout, eat normally and not weigh myself for a few days. We'll see where I'm at at the end of the week.

sotypical, I know exactly what you mean about the rain. Throw in some Roseanne reruns and a cup of coffee you've got yourself an afternoon! This is also exactly why I need the sun .

stargzr, I like your 30 day idea. I have heard that same thing about habits taking about this long to form. I think you probably already have the habits, but maybe they just need a little reinforcing. Getting so close to goal, if you really hit it, you should be there soon enough! Gah, that must feel nice to be getting so close to your maintenance range. I've never been thin before, so I have no idea what my final goal even is. I guess I'll figure it out when I get there... story of my life
Old 05-25-2010, 01:06 AM   #224  

S/C/G: 180/179/120

Height: 4'11"

Hi ladies! I am new here and looking to leave 154 behind!! How is everyone?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #225  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Kruez2 I know, I know, it's great I'll have a job. I have to call the manager tomorrow. I don't work when I'm in school either. If I had to, I would've, but my parents were really great and helped me out a ton so I could focus on my schoolwork. I just don't want to get overloaded. I kinda want to enjoy my summer a bit. I was working and studying for my MCAT the last two summers. Worked full time and volunteered the summer before that. I feel like starting now it never ends and I just want a break. Haha. And that's awesome on your loss!

sun I do! It's my favorite. I'm in the middle of training right now and the weather's hooooot. I'm gonna have to revamp my schedule a bit to accommodate that. Haha. You should get into it! It's so addicting by the end of the first month.

zephyr I know, i know. I shouldn't complain. It is a great job, I've just down it for 4 summers already. I shouldn't complain though.

tuende Seeeeee. I uuuuused to hate lunges, until I realized it was some of the easiest stuff she makes you do. Now I like the lunges just fine. The plank circuit? Kill me. Haha. My mom's not that bad, she just doesn't want me sitting in my room (or the family room) watching tv and glued to my computer unless I'm working out. I mean I can sorta understand it, I just hope they don't make me come in until next week. Oneeeee more week off would be great. So I can prepare.

sotypical Flashback pants! I already have a pair and I loooove them. I was debating between them and the crops but opted for the pants because they're more all season... and I'm in Toronto so that helps. Some people don't think they're flattering or something but everyone I know thinks they're cute! Maybe they work on me because I don't carry weight in my legs, haha. What ones did you get?

ValentineNicole Yeah, I hear ya. I think I just miss the freedom of being alone when I want to be. It'll be different when my brother and sister go back to school. I'll have a little more run of the house and it'll only be for a year and a bit. And you're soooo close to the 140s. That's awesome! And I'm jealous of you going to Chicago. That's on my list of places to visit. Haha.

stargzr Very true. I can like...seeee the bloat in my tummy when I look in the mirror. It's this little pooch of water riiiiiiiiight there. But TOM is ooooover and my weight's settling.

Weighed in at 159.2 today. We're pretty happy about that! I also ran 5k. I was supposed to do 10 but was dying from the heat. We'll have to plan better next time. I just woke up late. Haha. Also, tonight was the 24 series finale so I had some chocolate to go with that. I'm still kinda reeling. I don't know what I'll do with my Monday nights now.

How are you guys? How were your weekends?
Closed Thread