Old 02-24-2015, 10:01 AM   #241  
Mela A

S/C/G: 270/260.5/135

Height: 5'2"

One more month. One more month and the ice and snow may begin to disappear and the sidewalks may finally reappear and I might get brave enough to put my runners on and start going for river-side walks. This winter is taking it all out of me. I've been sick at least once every month since before Christmas and I'm so tired of it. However, having no appetite this weekend certainly helped me maintain my 10 pound loss though.

Anyway, today again I weighed in at 259.9. Historically I haven't been able to keep my weight in the 250's for more than one day so I'm going to work really hard today in hopes of changing that tomorrow. I'd like to make 260 the weight I don't go over again, you know? I'd also LOVE to say I lost more than 10 pounds in the shortest month of the year. Here's to the rest of the last week of February! Have a great Tuesday everyone!
MelaAnaetoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:39 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 291/249/180

Height: 5'5"

Happy Tuesday! I'm SOOOOOO looking forward to spring. Bring on the nicer weather, please!!! I am pretty sure this weekend's biggest loser 6 mile walk to the next town over will be postponed due to ugly weather. I'm so disappointed. Today I'm still holding steady on my weight. Same as yesterday's. Better than a gain.
JsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #243  
Mela A

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMommy View Post
Happy Tuesday! I'm SOOOOOO looking forward to spring. Bring on the nicer weather, please!!! I am pretty sure this weekend's biggest loser 6 mile walk to the next town over will be postponed due to ugly weather. I'm so disappointed. Today I'm still holding steady on my weight. Same as yesterday's. Better than a gain.

Ah you're killing me with these 6 mile walks! I'm like so proud of you! I need to get my buns moving one way or another because you're just killing it out there and inspiring me!
Old 02-24-2015, 01:49 PM   #244  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelaAnaetoh View Post
Ah you're killing me with these 6 mile walks! I'm like so proud of you! I need to get my buns moving one way or another because you're just killing it out there and inspiring me!
That made me tear up. I cannot believe that anyone would ever say that I'm inspiring them. Wow. Thank you.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 294.4/204.4/170

JsMommy! Wow, 6 miles. I'm done at 2 miles right now..you inspire a lot of us! Hope the weather gets better...I see that your in OK...I'm in TX and I'm ready for spring too. We had our first round of "wintery weather" this week and it really messes up my routine!

MelaAnaetoh...congrats on a new decade. Keep it up!!! So proud of your persistence. I don't know where Saskatoon is but it sounds cold. We've been stuck inside since Monday (a whole 2 days) and I could have cried if the weather didn't give us a break today.

I've gotten down to 257, but TOM is here and brought me up to 258.2 today. I'm sure being stuck inside and snacking didn't help either. Hope you both are having a great week!
lookin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #246  
Mela A

Hey lookin2lose! I mean if on your TOM you're still not dipping into the 260's then you're doing great. I can't wait until I stop seeing that pesky 6 on my scale every second day!

To put it in perspective, I live about 1600 miles straight North of El Paso...and it is darn cold. Tonight the temperature is supposed to reach -40C which is actually about the same in Farenheit so if you can imagine that, it's COLD! It's not the kind of weather I go out walking in, though it may surprise you that there are some hardcore fitness buffs who bundle up and get out there anyway. We've just been buried under feet and feet of snow since November and hopefully that will start disappearing in a few weeks because I'm FED UP. I live right along the river and I just can't wait to get out on the river trails!
Old 02-26-2015, 11:29 AM   #247  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

Spring would be lovely... We got 5 inches of snow yesterday and we NEVER get snow. I need to threaten my husband if he doesn't get my treadmill back in this house.

Last edited by Nagazim; 02-26-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #248  

256.8...thank goodness that was only a one day blip on the scale. I made a veggie stew that is out of this world good and I think that has helped curb my appetite and cravings.

Mela, I can't imagine 0 degrees...so nope -40 is way out of the question! I really don't even think I can fathom a negative in front of any number. I think the coldest I've ever felt was maybe -5 degrees Fahrenheit when I was skiing in northern New Mexico. I've only done that once. I'm just not a extreme cold weather person! I bet the summer there is nice though, and spring is right around the corner so get your walking shoes ready!
Old 02-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #249  
Mela A

I don't know what it is, but I just have very little motivation this week...and very little appetite. The only thing I've actually craved in the last two weeks is a shamrock shake...really. Other than that I've been eating a lot of bell peppers and cheese. It's just totally unbalanced but I just have no desire for almost anything...and now that I have a shamrock shake on my desk it's not as great as I thought it'd be.

So I'm not eating enough and I think that's really slowed my metabolism down because I'm not losing weight it seems. Anyway, I think I've got to make a pot of vegetable soup or something healthy and try to eat more. I think it's just been this head cold that's done it to me. Hopefully I snap out of it soon. Anyway I'm happy with losing 10 pounds in February. I hope I can do it again in March!
Old 02-26-2015, 02:00 PM   #250  

Having colds and not eating can really put a damper on your efforts, mentally and physically. Just stick to a plan, stay accountable for everything you consume. Once you start feeling better, the weight will catch up to the calorie deficit that you've created even while being sick. You're body is just hanging on to everything right now. Hang in there. 10 lbs in February is something to be VERY proud of. You never know, there's 2 more days that might be a surprise! =)
Old 02-26-2015, 04:24 PM   #251  

UGH. I hate this cold weather. So far no snow and ice, but still with the wind it's too bitter to go out for long. I want my walks back!! I do the walk away the pounds dvds, and I love them. But they just arent the same. I like mixing up the actual walks with them
Old 02-27-2015, 10:10 AM   #252  
Mela A

I had an awesome yoga class last night. I think that's my favourite type of exercise ever. Even though I'm sore today it's the best kind of sore. I feel stronger.

My goal this weekend is to really get back to planning out full days of meals and preparing for it. Since I don't have any real cravings, I'm hoping to take advantage and get eating some really, really good food and hopefully the scale will start actually doing something meaningful instead of this bobbing.

I hope you ladies all have a fantastic weekend!
Old 02-27-2015, 12:05 PM   #253  
Momof4

S/C/G: 317/*ticker*/198

Height: 5'6"

lookin2lose - I went skiing one time... and got sunburned Glad your weight went back down

Mela- Some times if I haven't eaten enough, I'll eat a spoonful of nut butter. So long as there isn't a lot of sugar, it'll give you a good dose of healthy fat/calories and also fill you up. I love meal planning. The initial effort is so worth not having to worry about what's up for the day. Good luck with your planning!

JsMommy - I like the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs too! Though they do get old after a while. I just purchased a Jillian Michael's Yoga DVD that I'm hoping I like.

266.8 lbs for me today.
My son's bday is tomorrow. My goal is no cake. I don't actually need that cake to make his birthday special. I could avoid it all together, right? Right?! Yes I can. I've decided to give my kids a better me for their birthdays this year. I want to be healthy for me mostly, but for them as well. They need a Mommy a lot more than I need a doughnut.

Last edited by Nagazim; 02-27-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Nagazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #254  

My friend invited me to a dance class last night. My no rythym having self had a ton of fun, and worked up quite a sweat. And...amazingly enough, I followed along fairly well. I think I'm gonna add it to my exercise rotation. And who knows...if I go back often enough, maybe I will stop being such a wallflower when I go out with friends.

Oh, and the 6 mile walk is officially postponed. We got quite a bit of snow today. Yuck.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:47 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 278/269/165

Height: 5'9"

Default First time ever

I have never done any type of forum or blogging and I know what less than half of all these acronyms mean, but I decided I needed help. The only thing I seem to be able to do with my weight since giving birth to me last child is watch it go up. I'm done with that. No more feeling weak and helpless in this situation. It is time to rediscover that I am powerful.
I am powerful is offline   Reply With Quote