Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 06:44 AM   #211  

Hello!

Linda- I'm so glad you're back. I can understand what a difficult time this is for you. You do seem like a changed person already, things like that affect us deeply. Big hug from me, you can get back to WW when you feel like it again.

Mel- Good job on the wedding! How did the WI go?

LizK- You should listen to what Dawny and Mae said, really wise words. No need to get disheartened about a number.

Mae and Dawny hope you're doing great.

I'm not doing so well, TOM is here and I've been eating more. I'm afraid I'll have a gain on Monday, but with uni starting and other stuff on my mind I can't be that bothered with gaining, I know I'll try harder next week. I'm also joining a pool, hopefully it will speed up the weight loss.

Sending thin vibes to all of you!!
Old 10-07-2005, 07:20 AM   #212  

I see a few new names here, glad that there are newcomers and I hope to get to know you all well.
Nat, sounds like you are going great, and by the loos of your numbers, even if you have a slight gain this week, due to TOM, you will be ok.
As for me, I had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, not exactly the best choice to start off my day, is it? I'm still having my issues for sure, but at least I am more aware and trying to be more aware.
It's cloudy, humid and icky here in NH this morning, we are supposed to have a nasty weather period from tonight into tomorrow, remnants of "Tammy" about the millionth hurrican/tropical storm this year. Hard to be motivated to exercise when the weather is this muggy, but maybe I'll try a little bit.
Linda
Old 10-07-2005, 09:40 AM   #213  

LINDA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LINDA'S BACK!!!!!!!!!

So glad to see your post!

Unfortunately, that's all I have time for. Work is killer this week. I've worked over 2 days so far, and next week will bring more of the same. Our bankruptcy laws are changing soon, which has created a made rush and we are short-staffed! But, I will survive. And, I'm trying to eat well, but taking is getting challenging!

Later!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #214  

HI,
I can't stop tonight either I'm afraid, but wanted to say to my friend Linda, so pleased to see you back! I've missed you so much! Accepting now that you have your life to get back into is tough, and it can only take time. It will undoubtably take a while to get back into the WW routine of things, but you have made the choice to make a start, that will at least, maybe, give you something else to focus your mind on.
I won't harp on about Dad, you've already been (and still going through) every emotion going, but I'm absolutely positive that if you haven't already felt him around you, you will very soon, and that will be a comfort to you.
Thats all I'm going to say today, so I'm going, things to do, people to see and all that...

Back soon!
Old 10-08-2005, 11:17 AM   #215  

I just have to say that I love looking at your tickers and signatures, ladies! It is especially inspirational to see those of you who have lost 30+ pounds! It shows peserverence! Perhaps I can learn something from you!
Old 10-10-2005, 08:02 AM   #216  

Hi friends.

Looks like we've had a quiet weekend on here?

Anyway, maybe I can ramble a bit, give you something to think about? (Or at least I could help you sleep with my waffle if that helps?!)

I have, quite simply, eaten like a little piglet this weekend. Ok, so its my wedding anniversary today, 13 years and counting, and, as we can't go out tonight, we decided to have some good food at the weekend. DH cooked. He never cooks, so I have to take whatever comes. But, it was good. He did pork, with apples etc, made some potato wedges and some nice sauce to go on top. Then we got a WW dessert, like a cheesecake, with choc chips in and choc sauce on top. Quite nice, but a bit on the small side. Just as well, considering the quantity of expensive red wine we consumed! But it was good, relaxing and very tasty! Far too many points to count!

We made up for it a bit yesterday. AJ and I went for a 3 mile walk to our local canal, saw some baby swans (who are now as big as the parents) and AJ was shattered when we returned. Then in the evening, we all went to a local town where they have lots of 'lights', what they call the 'illuminations'. They light up the town and along the river, then, lots of little rowing boats sail down the river, with fancy lights on them, like a fairground ride, an aeroplane or a pirate ship. It was lovely. Not exactly lit up like Vegas, but nice to see all the same.

Anyway, hopefully now you all feel very relaxed and sleepy after reading about my weekend, I hope you are all ok, back later.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #217  
Beauty School Dropout

Oh wow, it's been awhile. I've been at my parents place this past week, which hasn't exactly been the greatest for points couting. (as in, I haven't really been doing it) We ate out alot whihc made it hard to count, plus it was thanksgiving weekend which means lots and lots of food. My mom was great and let me plan the whole meal, using a few WW recipes and low fat ingrediants so I felt better about eating a big plate of food.

I had my official weigh in on friday and I gained .5lbs. I'm not so concerned about my fluctuation anymore and just want to focus on curbing my junk cravings and getting my weekly exercise. I have a feeling im going to start plateauing right away, so I need all the will power I have!

Thanks for the great comments ladies. Nathalie, I recently joined a gym and have been doing aquasize and stuff and it really helps, I have way more energy than I used to!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:40 AM   #218  

Well girls, I bit the bullet today and joined the pool!! Damn, that was hard! I was really self-conscious at first, swimsuit and all, but noone ever notices you in these places so I was alright. I stayed for 1 hour and I swam 10 lengths in an Olympic-sized pool. Do you think it's a good workout or should I have done more? It was really hard, my heart was beating crazy and I was out of breath but I really pushed myself to do 10 lengths and not give up. So that's a NSV for me! I just really hope the exercise helps with WW, I need a boost.

LizK- Good job on the weeken, as you had some control over cooking it can't be that bad. 1/2 lb is nothing, it's hardly a gain, after a pee you'll be fine!

Dawny- Congrats for your anniversary, lovely food you had there!

Mel and Linda hope you're doing well.

I'm off, sending to all of you!!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:50 AM   #219  

HI all!!

I am new to this web posting thing. But I had to participate. You all are the most inspiring group. I am back to WW after about 9 month. Luckily, I came back weighing less that when I stopped but I have gotten the excercise rountine down. That's the only reason. I have lost 30 lbs. I have about 64 to go. I am doing the points system. Good luck to all!
Old 10-11-2005, 09:24 AM   #220  

Hello all. Just a quick report before I get to work! It has been a busy, busy time the past few weeks. They decided to lay off one of my co-workers, so I'm helping pick up some of the slack. And, last week and this week one of the other co-workers was on vacation. And, I did a skit at church on Sunday (which was a smash hit!). So, not rest for me!

Unfortunately, the change of weather and changes at work have knocked me out of going to the gym for about 2 weeks. Good Lord willin', I will be there this afternoon.

Welcome Dega - Glad you found our site! Hope you keep coming back.

Dawny - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I keep wondering how many years I will let DH live. Maybe we can make it to 15 one day.

Nat - Great job on joining the pool! And, yes, 10 sounds good to me. Just listen to your body. If it was a challenge, then I say it's good.

Liz - wish I had some control over the holiday foods. But, with my family, NEVER gonna happen! Great job to survive with only a .5 gain. Bravo!

Well, gotta run. Duty calls. Later!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:00 PM   #221  

Good evening ladies. I've been swamped. It's kind of amazing to thinks that when a person dies it generates tons of work for the family - but it does.
I've not been doing well with any weight loss efforts, but at least I did check in here tonight. That is a step in the right direction.
I've been off line for a few days while having my living room painted, had to dismantle the entire place! But, a fresh outlook is what I need.
Linda
Old 10-13-2005, 09:02 PM   #222  

Hi Emerald. I am so happy to be here! I am looking forward to getting to know you all and supporting you as well as getting some for myself. I haven't weighed in this week. I have been out of town with work for the last couple of days. But I am not giving in I am on this for the long haul.

Hi Derrydaughter. I am sorry for your loss. That can be a very trying time. But just the fact that you are focused enough to check in here amist all that you have going on says a lot about your commitment level. I applaud you!!
Old 10-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #223  

Good evening ladies (gentlemen to if there is any ). My name is Tracy. I just started back on WW flex plan today! I have been recently diagnosed with prediabetes. So I have to tackle that problem before it attacks me.

Anyway, I little about myself.... I am a 32 year old stay at home mom of 3, and happily married. If you go into my site (link below) you can see pics of my family. I am 194.8 but I want to get down to 125 in time. Meetings are to far away for me so I am a WW online member.

Anyway, I just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I am going to try and read some of the many posts on this board now lol. It is great to see so many people with the same goals and plans. It helps a lot that way. Glad I found this board.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:30 PM   #224  
Beauty School Dropout

I broke through my plateau!! 3lb loss this week! eheheheeh. I'm soo happy!

Welcome to the board tracy, our weight goals are very similar and I'm also an online member. I hope you find this board as fun and encouraging as I have. Good luck on your first week!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #225  

LizK.......... Congrats on your loss and thanks for the warm welcome! I do like it here! I enjoy and get more from 3FC then I did on the WW boards. These are much easier to do too!
Closed Thread