Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 11:18 AM   #76  

Welcome back Nat, sounds like you had a great time, where did you go?
Hopefully by the time you WI monday, you will have corrected a little of the damage, although I'm sure it isn't too bad anyway. Good to see you back.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:10 PM   #77  

Hey guys,

Been swamped with work lately, and haven't been posting. Then when I go to look, the boards were down for maintenance. Go figure! Welcome to the new (and not so new but returning) people out there!

Melanie, you have the right mind set - with all of that exercise, a small gain like that is nothing. My WI is tomorrow, so hopefully I'll see a loss. Off to go do my pilates - haven't been so good at following it, with all the hours I've been doing at work. So hopefully all of the running around I've been doing there will count in my favor.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #78  

First off, hello to everyone! Nat - glad you had a good trip. No matter what the scale says tomorrow, we're here for ya!

Elaine - Hope you enjoyed the Pilates class. I have been the past 3 Saturdays and I really enjoy it. And the yoga class I'm taking. I hope I have a good mindset this week also. I just stepped on the scale and it stayed the same. Official WI is Wednesday though, and it's been a CRAZY weekend!

Let me tell you what I've been up to! DH and I were talking about taking a trip soon. We looked at a place called Charit Creek Lodge in a National Forest about 2 hours away. When we saw the cost and that it was quite rustic, we decided to drive down yesterday and take a look-see. So, the plan was to leave here about 1 yesterday; drive 2 hours; hike 2 miles to the lodge (only way to get there); then drive home. Well, we got back about 4p today! The directions seemed simple. 2 miles N of Jamestown, turn onto... Well, we learned that there is a Jamestown, Kentucky and a Jamestown, Tennessee - both on the same highway, an hour apart!! Of course, we went to the wrong one! Laughing when we were corrected by a kind citizen, we drove the extra mile to the Park. Once in the park, you have to drive about a half hour to get anywhere, the visitor's center was closed, and it looked like rain. After having driven over 4 hours, we were not going home without getting to that lodge! So, we decided to call and cancel our Sunday morning events then find a cheapo hotel to stay in. We happened to stop at one of the main lodges to pick up a map and some local info. After striking up a conversation with the owner, he cut us a great deal on the rate just to help us out and fill a room. Yippee! He even fixed us breakfast this morning, though the restaurant was closed and fixed me an egg white omelet. yum. Then, we finally did our 4 mile hike. The place is beautiful. Well worth the effort. It's a bit expensive ($60 per person per night) for possible shared bunkhouse and 2 meals, but I really want to stay there. We can do plenty of hiking, reading and just get away to ourselves. Well, the navagationally challenged people managed to make it safely home... until... DH hit a bump around the corner and his muffler (yes, the entire thing) fell off in our driveway! After driving EVERYWHERE in 2 states for 2 days, we drop the muffler in our drive! We have just enjoyed a great laugh.

So, my little excursion cost me about 12 FPs, but I should have worked them off laughing and hiking.

My NSV... (BTW- great report Dawny), I survived an up-hill 2 mile hike! DH (Mr. Hiking) was doubled over at one point, turned to me and said "Hey, this is supposed to be you, not me." I've been working out. The last time we took a day pack hike, I was 200# and thought I was going to die. This time, I was winded, but blowing out rainbows. It really was a wonderful day.

So, I hope you enjoyed my little story. I'm exhausted and plan to wash the nature out of my hair and go to bed!

Last edited by Emerald; 08-14-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:13 AM   #79  

Melanie, you just crack me up!!!

I really shouldn't laugh, because we are no better with our directions - although we are worse when walking, rather than just in the car. The last really bad 'loss' was a couple of years ago, we went to a place called Cheddar gorge (where cheddar cheese comes from - if you get that!) the walk looked a nice stroll through beautiful countryside, well signposted too. Should have been about an hour, took 5! Ended up stranded in a field with a bull. Not nice. Somehow, eventually, we just ended up back on the right path. Don't know how we missed it really, but thats us - blinded by the beauty of our surroundings! Or maybe we just walk with our eyes shut - thats more like it!

Anyway, can't stop for now, thanks for the giggle, back later! (got to look on ebay for a new vacuum cleaner - my dyson just blew up!)
Old 08-16-2005, 11:29 PM   #80  

I'm famous for my "let me go around the block" which ends up being a 10 mile detour somehow... (if you've ever driven in Boston, you'd know why.)

However, I'm also the one who got lost on the road from Tipperary to Wickford once, so I can't say its an uncommon occurrance with me.

Weigh in was Sunday and a .2 gain - I seem to be playing with the same bit back and forth - but as this is a PMS week, I'm thankful that's all it is!
Old 08-17-2005, 07:44 AM   #81  

HI guys! Surpirse, I'm on line for a short while as my husband's laptop is here and he is not currently using it this moment, went out to make a fax and left it on for me! Cool, I'm on line while on vaction. I hate typing on laptops, as the keyboard is different so forgive any spelling issues.
Well, I've not been an angel so far on this vacation, but I've not been as bad as I could have been at least. I have walked every day except one, so far, and hope to do something like that today as well.
DH has been tremendously busy with work, this is truly a working vaction for him as the new company opens on Sept. 18th and this time period is way too close to the opening for him not to be working. Today, in fact, I think he'll be taking a train to NYC for a meeting and I will have to "entertain" the kids. Try "entertaining" a 17 and a 15 year old who miss their friends and consider everything I suggest "boring". Hmmm.... we'll figure out something I guess!
The weather has been hot and so far pretty nice, thank goodness. Today is supposed to be hot so maybe we'll hit the beach?
I've not been perfect with eating, but have met my own challenge every day except that one (was sick to my stomach) by walking or swimming every day. If I am lucky, perhaps I'll at least maintain my weight by the time I get back?
I miss you guys!
Linda in Rhode Island instead of NH!!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 07:59 AM   #82  

Just popped in quick, and Linda, what a surprise, sounds like you are enjoying yourself, even if DH is buried in paperwork alot of the time. Just keep walking when you can, and when you return, we'll work on the rest! Enjoy the rest of the vacation, miss you too!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:15 PM   #83  

Hey Linda,

Hope you survive the trip.... the walking is good and it will keep you from the entertainment demands! What other motivation do you need? Though at their ages, they can pretty much entertain themselves, really!
Old 08-17-2005, 10:28 PM   #84  

Just a quick drop in for me. There's a storm a' brewin'. WI was tonight. The group scale was broken! Everyone gained and althugh my scale at home said loss of 1#, the one at group was up almost 2#. We're replacing it this week. So, unofficially, I have lost 1#.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:16 AM   #85  

Hello everyone!
First to Emerald, thank you for you words of encouragement. I was feeling quite bummed but I have recovered.
There is nothing like shopping for new clothes!! I have shopped for 3 days in a row and I have yet to find anything that I think would work for this interview. I swear everything that I saw in the stores was either too young looking ( way too much skin showing!!!) or too old looking (great big giant flower prints!!). I plan on going out to search again today.
Peach
Old 08-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #86  

Peach - I know the feeling. I found one favorite store that actually sold non-frumpy plus sized clothing. Keep trying. You’ll find just the right outfit. Maybe shop on-line? But that is a bit risky for fit.

Well, it’s finally Friday! And I have been busy so far this morning. But, I’m also daydreaming about the weekend. I'm planning lasagna and salad for dinner. Yum. Can't hardly wait. But, with lean meat and FF cottage cheese. Not too bad. I think tomorrow I will see if DH wants to go shopping for our camping gear we will need whenever we take our vacation to whereever. We have a lot of stuff, but need a new backpack or two, new hiking shoes for me, canteens, and some cooking items. Hope we can still keep it as an inexpensive outing! But, all this stuff will be investment items, since we really enjoy hiking and camping.

Well, back to work. Just wanted to drop by.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #87  

Hey guys!

Well, I'm a little frustrated at myself. I gained 3 lbs while on vacation, so much for controlling myself. I did have a lot of cocktails, so I should only blame myself... Now, here I am, still 2 lbs away from my pre-vacation weight, and it doesn't seem to shift. I'm trying to be extra-good, but the weight is more stubborn than me I guess! I had TOM though, so that may explain it. Anyway, I just needed a bit of a rant.

Hopefully you're all doing better than me. Good job Mel on the loss! Linda, hope you have a great time away. GaPeach, I wish you're feeling much better by now.

Talk later!
Old 08-21-2005, 12:26 AM   #88  

Sorry you're struggling right now, Natalie. Just stick with it and you will take off those pounds.

Well, I'm struggling tonight. I found out that my boss was diagnosed with a subdural hemotoma. He was taken to the hospital a couple of hours away and will probably have surgery tonight. I'm anxiously awaiting news. He's more than just a boss. I've worked with him for over 8 years and I love the guy. He's one of my dearest friends and almost a second dad to me. Our humors mesh and it's a joy working for him. I hate sitting here not knowing what's going on. I hope to find something out in the morning. Until then, I'm really fighting the urge to hit the ice cream carton. Dh went for a walk with me. I know that eating won't help anything. I should go to bed, but I just don't want to. Everyone please pray from him, and that I won't give into the food urge.

Well, I'm going to tinker on here a bit longer and go read a book until I doze off.

Hopefully, I will have something good to report tomorrow.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:54 AM   #89  

Well, just finished catching up on your lives for a few minutes before making my post. Sorry about your boss, Melanie, hope all goes well. Life is really fragile, this I have learned with my dad's situation.
Peach, I hate shopping for clothes as well, there seems to be no happy medium for "real" people out there, either Junior clothing that appeals to teens (which my daughter loves but has a hard time fitting into) or frumpy old lady clothing that just looks like you don't care what you look like, and also that awful "look" with polyester, big flowers and what I generally refer to as "tacky". When I was young (combines my sewing and art interests) I really wanted to be a fashion designer, maybe in my next life? But, I would really like to make clothing for women who are real people who want to look decent, not spend a fortune and perhaps emphasize the positive and deemphasize the negatives?
Now, for the BIG news....I'm officially back from vacation and it's time to get really serious about dropping weight. Wanna join me?
I was totally off over vacation and fearfully got on the scale this morning before my shower.... the news was bad.
But, today is a new day and the new beginning.... vacations are OVER, school starts next week for the kids and time for me to get my widening A____ in gear!
So, for today, here is the plan:

1. Ate a smart choice breakfast of a WW bagel (2 points) and had FF cream cheese on top. Also ate one apple. That breakfast total is 3 points. I get 22 points a day with WW and if I exercise (40 minutes), I get two more points.
2. Then, I did my body sculpting work out tape and then 25 minutes on the treadmill. I feel good, but when I looked in the mirror, I thought I looked awful. Oh well.
3. Lunch will be a good choice, not sure what yet, but it will be intelligent.
4. Snacks for the afternoon will be popcorn (94% FF) as well as maybe some fruit?
5. Will be going shopping after lunch and figure out something good, filling and healthy for dinner.
6. Dessert will be a WW dessert.
I shall do this, one day at a time!
Linda
Old 08-22-2005, 07:46 AM   #90  

Where is everyone? Not much action here at all. Hope all is well... perhaps you guys have been so busy working out and doing all the good stuff that you haven't had tiem to post? Surely, you haven't all been off EATING???
I had a good day yesterday, really stayed on track for a change. I swear I imagined that my scale was way up, couldn't possibly have lost 7 pounds since yesterday, could I have? I weighed myself yesterday morning and was in a state of shock that the scale was up to 164, a new high for me. This morning it was at 157, something I am not proud of but can work with at least. Where did 7 pounds go in one day? I know I was a good girl yesterday, but that is impossible, isn't it? Was it all fluid or something? I don't recall eating anything super high in sodium either over the last few days. So, any ideas? Maybe the humidity made the scale "stick" or something? Maybe I wasn't really up that high after all?
Wish weight would really come off that quickly!
Today, I plan on being a very good girl and sticking right to my WW program. I need to get this weight off and be looking good for New York City in September! I want my husband to be proud to introduce me to his new business associates and contacts. I don't want to be the one they look at and say "What does he see in that heiffer?".
So, it's fast track here for me and I plan on being an absolute angel right now. I can do this.
Linda
Closed Thread