Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:17 PM   #166  

joined ww about 5 years ago when I gained 40lbs after quitting smoking... I lost 30 lbs on WW....weighed in monthly for 2 yrs after that...stopped weighing in because I felt dumb doing it and because i was less than goal for a long time.I'm now up 10 lbs from my lowest WW weight and want to get on track again.I quit smoking using an online support site...that worked so i thought i would try this.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:54 PM   #167  

Welcome, Corsica. Hope this site helps! I know it has helped me!

Marcie - Stick with it. I'm sure you will start seeing results.

Dawny - That treat sounds yummy. I agree it is a NSV to only eat half. I am a strong believer in treats! It's moderation we have to keep a fierce eye on.

My SIL came over for dinner last night. She manages the scales at WI. Tonight she asked fiercely how I could possibly be losing weight! Last night I served hamburgers (lean), fries (oven baked), and we had ice cream cake for DH's b-day! Well, I told her that it's not always like that and I sweat at the gym!

WI report = .8 down! My mind translates that as a pound. I'm happy with that!
Old 09-15-2005, 02:57 AM   #168  

Hey ladies!

Marcie- Great loss!! If you stick with it, you'll see results, that's for sure. We always seem amazed at this when it happens, but WW does work!

Mel- Hope your finger is better, and yes, oven mitts sound like a great idea for you! Also, well done on the loss, you're unstoppable!

Dawny- Good job on being at goal, don't forget how far you've come! A little slip now and then won't hurt you, you've accomplished so much! Hope you're doing well.

Linda- Thinking about you. Lots of hugs.

Well, as for me, I think I'm doing ok. Had a major binge on Tuesday, but it's all behind me. The scales look good and I'll be good today.I walked for 45 minutes yesterday, I don't feel like exercising today though. Anyway, we shall see.

Hopefully I can have a proper real loss on Monday, it's been so long!

Take care everyone!
Old 09-17-2005, 12:12 PM   #169  

Just a very quick post... dad passed away on Thursday night. I'll be back here chatting and working along with you all, but now is not the time for that.... give me a few days.
He is at peace, finally, with no more cancer and no more pain.
Linda
Old 09-17-2005, 09:39 PM   #170  

Linda - So sorry about your loss. Take care of yourself and the family. I'll look forward to hearing from you in a few days.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:40 AM   #171  

Linda, so sorry about Dad, I know that words can't always help a great deal at these times, but remember that we are all here for you when you are ready. You and your family are in our prayers, look after yourself and we'll talk soon.
xxx
Old 09-19-2005, 05:03 AM   #172  

Linda, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully he's in a better place now. Take care of yourself, and we're looking forward to hearing from you again.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:28 AM   #173  

It's a bit sad on here right now, but I'm sure Linda would want us to carry on with WW business and support. You are constantly in our thoughts and we are sending you our love, but not our doughnuts.

I had a pretty good weekend. Not toooo many treats and lots of exercise. DH went walking with me last night, but got huffy when I walked too fast for him. But, now I hurt a lot in a lot of places. I'm pushing myself just a bit more with each workout but trying not to overdo. I think I will start a new class tonight. Bosu Power Pump. I really am not sure what it is, except it involves weights and a bosu ball. But, uh, I don't know what that is either. Hmmm... Maybe I should investigate before I walk in that class!

I took a different Yoga class this week because I couldn't make my usual class. I didn't enjoy the new instructor's style as much, but gosh did she work my legs and hips! I'm still feeling it!

Hope you gals had a great weekend away from the sweets!
Old 09-19-2005, 09:39 AM   #174  

Me again. I found out what I'm getting myself into. A Bosu (for those who don't know) is like a Pilates ball cut in half and placed on a platform. You stand on it while lifting weights or doing a tone of other exercises. Trying to keep your balance gives you a more total-body workout. I've seen these at the Y, but didn't know what you called it. Of course, I should have figured there was something other than, "that half-ball thingie."

I'll let you know what I think of it, if I live to tell!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:14 PM   #175  

Hey girls!

Mel- great job on the exercise! And good luck with your new class!

Well, WI today, 1.3 lbs down, a nice change I must say! I was extra-good this week and I exercised so I expected a good loss. I'm pleased. Weight loss has really slowed down for me recently, so my next goal is 10 lbs by Christmas. It's not a lot, but I'll be happy if I can do it cos it's more difficult now.

Hope you're all doing well, take care!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #176  

Excellent WI, Natalie! You can definately hit that goal!
Old 09-19-2005, 09:02 PM   #177  

Hey gang,

Life must be getting easier - I'm not exhausted and it's a week night. Will wonders never cease?

Linda, when you do come back, check your in box. Left a little note for you there.

Dawny, you were right - good weigh in, though back to where I was 2 weeks ago. I seem to go up and down for a while before stablizing at a weight, then up and down until I drop a little more, etc. As long as it goes down, it's a good thing, but it seems to be this rollercoaster while it's going on. I'll take the down and see if I can get more active now that things are getting into a regular schedule.

Marcie, keep on moving, that will show you results you're looking for. Just takes time and preseverence, but you'll get there in the end.

Natalie - Great weigh in! Keep that up and you'll get to your mini goal before long! You deserve a high five, so here you go!

Welcome, Corsica!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #178  

I WANT A HOT TUB!! Oh, My, Gosh! Bosu was a good workout! Today, I have a slight ache over most of my body. Not pain, just dull ache. I think I will use the pool as a part of tonight's workout. Maybe it will soothe some muscles. Last night's class was a combo of a lot of different props: weight sticks, hand weights, mats, steps, ball, and of course, Bosu. I believe I am properly tuckered out. Though, if I keep up this pace of working out, I will soon either be dead or healthy. Hoping for the latter.

Hmmm... I'm really liking the pool idea. I'm gonna look forward to that all day!

Otherwise, things are good. Busy as usual, but good. Hope things are well with everyone else today!
Old 09-20-2005, 12:00 PM   #179  

Hey ladies...sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days...I weighed in on Sat.and what do ya know...-4.8 lbs. YEA!! I was so excited!! I almost cried. Now gotta keep it up!

Linda-You are in my thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to seeing you back.
Natalie- WHOO HOO! Great weigh in! Doing great!
Mel-Sounds like an awesome workout...we work on that thing at the gym...but my trainer has me do some ab routine on it. Know what you mean about a hot tub!
Elaine-Glad you aren't exhausted...would you like to borrow my 2 year old for a week b/c I AM EXHAUSTED!!! She is flat wearing me out

Hope you all are having a great week...Happy Tuesday!!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 01:08 PM   #180  

Hi girls, sorry I've been missing for a few days, AJ had this tummy bug thing, (again) and I've been so tired, just catching up on missed sleep. Why is it that kiddies are always ill in the night, yet full of beans and fit as a fiddle during the day? I'll never know.

However, it seems there is some good weightloss going on here...Marcie, fab loss, you see, it always comes to those who wait!
Nat, you too, have waited ages for any significant loss, and there you are, better late than never! Exercising is obviously doing it for you, so keep up the good work!

Melanie, I don't know how you are fitting in all these classes etc at the moment, around work and all the other commitments that I know you have, but it must be making you into one lean, fit machine! If we ever get the chance to meet up, then for goodness sakes, don't stand next to me, you will make me look so floppy! I guess I really should be making more of an exercise effort again. Someone challenge me something for Christmas! No gyms,please, no time, (or cash) but walking maybe or stuff in the morning on the living room floor maybe? I need toning up for a stunning Christmas party outfit that I'm determined to have!
OH, and I've never even seen a 'bosu' ball, let alone heard of one, maybe they haven't caught on here yet?

Ok time to fly again, no peace for the wicked, I have dinner to prepare, a lean turkey thingy, with some stir fried vegetables and some brown rice. Yum. See ya tomorrow!
Closed Thread