Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 08:26 AM   #226  

Hi girls!

Can't stop I'm afraid, off to MIL for the afternoon - what a fun day that shall be! (sorry, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Can't help it today, pre-menstrual. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Just wanted to say welcome to Tracy. Stick with us, we can be a mad bunch sometimes, but we'll help you along your way. Anything you want to ask we'll try to answer. See ya later!

Ok, gotta fly, back later.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:32 AM   #227  

Dawny, thanks for the welcome! I felt the energy in your post haha. You must have been walking in place while typing that up lol. (Not being rude lol, just making a giggle lol) I hope you had a good day with MIL. I know something those days can be hard lol. Also... congrats on your weight loss!!! Your stats are awesome!
Old 10-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #228  

Hey girls!

Welcome Dega and Tracy, good luck with your goals, stick with us, it's a really supportive and sweet thread.

LizK- Wow, amazing loss!! Well done, you're doing great!

Dawny- Hope you survived the afternoon with MIL

Mel and Linda, hope you're doing well.

I'm doing ok, I've been to the pool twice this week, I'll go three times at least next week. Food is ok, could have been better though. I'm a bit stressed at the moment, lots of uni work and Spanish classes are still on the air, but I'm in control.

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend! TTFN!
Old 10-15-2005, 08:12 PM   #229  

Hi all!

This week has really been a struggle. I didn't get to go to my meeting. I had to go out of town with work for a "staff advance." That was a challenge in itself. I actully work at a place that exists on fitness and healthy habits but doesn't necessarily implement that on a daily basis. In other words the food at the advance NOT the greatest choices. Donuts in the office. Bagels(the big ones with all different kinds of cream cheese spreads)! Need I go on! I guess because of missing my meeting I have been struggling this week. I am only in my third week. I am hoping this is gonna get easier with time. I am scared because I have lost 50lbs on WW before. But I was so strick on myself that it came off quickly, which means when I slipped alittle it felt like I had completely failed. Then I fell off the wagon and I am starting over worse that I was before! You know the routine. Not to mention I moved to a different state and All my support is 10 hours away!

Sorry ladies I will try not to whine so much. It has just been a really hard week!!
Old 10-16-2005, 08:14 AM   #230  

Degachick, I feel your pain. Just don't let one mistake (missing the meeting) throw you off and derail your progress. You are in a better position now than other people that are just starting out because you have already done it before. You know it can be done, while some people have doubts about whether or not they can lose weight. As far as the 10 hours away thing goes, you have support two seconds away - here . Also, your meeting is full of support. I know you can do this (we all can). Good luck and let me know how your next meeting goes.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:57 PM   #231  

Default can I join you guys?

Hi all,would ya mind if I joined you guys? I'm doing WW on my own,I have all the stuff I need(slider-thingy,book w/point values) but really want the support to get me thru the tough times. I promise I'll do the same for you!
I'm 51 yrs old and need to drop 65lbs.Wow, I just realized that's the weight of my dog!! Anyway,I started back on WW last Wednesday and so far,I'm doing good,the jeans are looser all ready!!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #232  

sweet2th,

Good morning and welcome! Don't look at the total weight you have to lose!!! That might make your journey seem harder and longer. WW says to make 10% goals. Each time you hit a 10% goal then you make another one then. Just do your current weight minus 10%.... then subtract that number from your current weight. There is your goal. It will help. I try not to think about the full goal. It is seeming to help.

Anyway, welcome again and good luck to you!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:24 AM   #233  

Hello everyone on this busy little board! Sorry I've been absent for a bit. Just piled up at work and home right now. Granting little time for the gym, I'm afraid and my lack of progress is resulted. No gain, but no loss. I did get to the gym yesterday though, so that's good news.

So, I've got two big challenges coming up. (1) DH and I are going to quit smoking soon, probably Thursday. That date, because DH will be going back to work and it will be easier for him than if he is sitting in the house all day. And, I have more sense than to try to stop with a smoker still in the house. No loss of love for other smokers, it's strictly a financial decision. I cannot justify spending that kind of money on a bad habit anymore. It's particularly the right time because we have to purchase new insurance and (2) I'm starting to fold on the baby issue! DH and I have been talking more about it. Over the weekend I decided we would start "trying" in the spring. Last night, I was questioning whether to refill my birth control. I really want to lose another 10-15#, but also ask, what's the point if I'm just going to get pregnant!

So, I see an ex-smoker on here and I know there's plenty of moms. Got any advice? Should I wait and drop the extra pounds first? I expect it would make for a healthier pregnancy and wonder if it would be easier to drop the weight if I started at less. I losing any particularly harder after pregnancy?

Well, I would love to talk about someone else besides me, but gotta get to work. C-ya later!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:42 AM   #234  

Melanie,

First.... congratulations on making the decision to quit! The hard part is sticking to it! It does not matter when you quit smoking... whether your skinny or over weight... your going to gain weight reguardless. Better to quit smoking right off the bat though! Why worry about getting healthy by losing weight if your only going to kill yourself by smoking?

I am not trying to be rude to any smokers out there! I was a smoker for about 20 years! I tried to quit many times!! But once my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer that was it! Then a month later Peter Jennings got lung cancer!! Then not long after that he died!!

It is not easy to quit smoking!! But it IS so worth it! I have been a non-smoker now for 5 months!!!! I feel better and I for sure smell better!!

I did it with welbutrin (from the doc) and the patch. However, I could not afford it!! I only had the patch for 1 week... and that is only because it was what was left from my mom. I didn't buy them. As for the pills... I only used them for about a week as well. They are still sitting here!!! Why try and kill one habit just to pick up another? Cold turkey... much better.

Throw all cigerettes, ashtrays, lighters and everything away! Scrub your house and cars!!! Burn some candles..... spray some fragances.... whatever! Get the smell out of the area! STAY AWAY FROM OTHER SMOKERS!! Do NOT go out to eat in public!!! I just recently went out in public to eat. It is fine now... but at first it was hard! I cannot be near a smoker smoking now! It makes me sick! After someone gets done smoking... I can smell them a mile away! It is nasty!!! Makes me gag.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!! The first couple of weeks are the worst! I did it when I could sleep a little more then normal. That did help a little. Good luck to you.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #235  

Thanks for the pep talk. I know it will be difficult. Especially, since I don’t really want to. I’m just bored with it and want my money back! But, I have faith in a higher being and I know that scripture tells me that I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me. But, I know that DH has been a real butthead in the past when he’s tried to quit. The hardest part, I think, is knowing you “can’t” have one. It becomes an obsessive thought. I just have to wrap my mind around the fact that it is like chocolate cake. I “can” but I “won’t”.

Hope your mom’s doing well with treatment.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #236  

AMEN!!! That is an excellent way to think of it! Don't let your husbands struggles stop you from success! If you follow thru, eventually he will too. We learned by Christ's example (so to speak) and maybe your hubby needs you to be his strong example! Plus, it would really suck (for lack of better words) if he had to smoke outside instead of in the house and car!!!

You can do it! Just keep up your faith. If I can you can to.

My mom's treatments are almost done. Hopefully she won't have to do them again. They (chemo and radiation) has made her really, really sick! She has one more treatment... I beleive near the end of this month... and then we will see if it is gone. We are hoping and praying.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:40 PM   #237  
Beauty School Dropout

UGGG! I overate so much today.*cries* i felt gross and bloated but I coudlnt stop. It was like my WW consience shut off as i stuffed my face with over 10 points worth of food in like 1/2 hour. They weren't terribly bad for you, but it was still wayyy to much.

This is the part of me I knew wasn't completely gone but hoped wouldn't surface and hasn't until now.

I feel asolutely horrid.

*edit*
I just got back from the gym. I got myself out of the food induce fatigue and did 40 mins of good cardio. I feel alot better now!

Melanie - I quit smoking a year ago and It took me 3 years of quitting on and off before it actually stuck. My lungs are still really damaged because of smoking for 10 years and hving asthma, but everyday I dont have a smoke I know i'm closer to being healthy. I found that in order to really do it, I had to want to quit with every fibre of my being. I wanted those toxins out of my body perminantly and i made myself quit cold turkey. I was chewing gum and yelling alot for the first 2 weeks but it got better with time. hehe good luck

Last edited by LizK; 10-18-2005 at 11:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:40 PM   #238  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Melanie,
As for the smoking.....I too am a "reformed smoker" ok, it has been three years for me so I guess....I really mean NON smoker. Coming from someone who ENJOYS smoking....but hates the smell and price I feel your pain too. It does get easier. You wont be thinking about them day after day either...I go weeks and only think about it once in a great blue moon (usually when things are VERY very stressful) however, I tell my self all the time how nasty it is and how good I smell. (sorry to all you smokers out there but I do alot of *****in about it too....nothing like having to walk through a wall of smoke to get into the mall and such - and my kids...well they had ear infections constantly that quit when I quit...ok I am rambling) You can do it and will succeed. As for the baby issue....I say continue doing what you are doing........and not think about it........after you find out you are pregnant....just eat your good and healthy choices (although you wont want to LOL my staple was mini powdered donuts with my first) and maybe up your points by 10 points (like nursing mothers are to do while on WW while exclusively nursing) but dont be so hard on yourself if you gain a little more than you wanted. Continue your exercising the whole time (although you will be tired too when you do become pregnant BUT it helps with delivery too). I think it is just like everything else.......of course ideally you would want to lose that 10-15 lbs before getting pregnant.....BUT I say just continue what you are doing. If you are planning on nursing...you may also be one of those women who just MELT the fat off.
Good luck and keep up the good work. You inspire me!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:48 AM   #239  

Kellyjo.....

I second all that you said about smoking! It really upsets me to walk thru that smoke to get into stores and stuff! And it seems to happen every dang time! I often think about complaining about it because I looked to see where the smoke is coming from and it is most always from an employee out on a smoke break! I think it is rude!

I smoked instead of ate! I loved it! But I don't want to be around it anymore!!! With everything it does to you (not even thinking of what it does to the bank accounts) it is not worth it.

And yes.... you have got to WANT to quit seriously for it to actually happen! That is the key to quitting successfully!
Old 10-19-2005, 09:52 AM   #240  

Hey, gals! Thanks for the positive words. We made our final decision last night. I will not be reordering my pill. We’re not going to be hanging upside down or taking temperatures, just let nature take its course and see what happens.

For now, I’m just going to continue the route I’m on and try to drop that extra 10-15 before it’s time to gain again. And, I plan to count points during the pregnancy too. Of course, it could be months or years before I have any reason to redecorate the spare room anyway!

Tsk, tsk. Let’s not hate on the smokers too much. I know it’s bothersome, especially since you’ve quit. But, remember you were where they are not so long ago. It’s quite annoying for them to not be allowed to smoke in the mall, restaurant, or any other public place. Let them have their 3 feet of sidewalk in freezing or blazing temperature. You can even smile and gloat as you walk in. But, there are some posters on here who still smoke, so let’s be kind. That being said, I plan to ask DH tonight to confirm if we are quitting tomorrow, Friday, or Monday. It’s my idea. I’ll let him set the perimeters.

Liz – Congrats on quitting and on picking yourself back up after yesterday’s slip up. Sounds like you are doing great!

Geez. I know I act as though I’m not in any hurry here, but I’m dying to go buy a crib, blankets, cute clothing, bouncy thing, etc. Maybe I just want to shop…
Closed Thread