Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:50 AM   #61  
huntersmommy

S/C/G: 230/230/not sure yet

Height: 5 3/4

I walked my 2 miles this morning i did greaet eating yesterday until last night i have major pms and I want to eat everything dh brought me cookies arrrgggghhhh.. mad at myself so here I am today starting another day so got my walk in and had my cereal and banana this morning. what is your favorite breakfast food? do any of you have a recipe for the weight watchers choclate fudge i used to have one and it was 2 pts a piece adn i tell you it was wonderful very satisfying and I could stop after one piece cause it seemed really rich. anyone have a favorite weight watcher crock pot recipe? do any of you buy the weight watcher frozen meals to help with your eating lifestyle change ?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:01 AM   #62  

I am also returning after a few years. Ihave been offline and haven't had much support at home. You know the old I like you as you are bit. The thing is I don't like how I look or feel and want to do something about it. I am so glad I found you guys again. I feel this is where God sent me and so I hope to be around for a while.
HAPPY LOSING ALL
Aunt Doirty
Old 08-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #63  

I'm in the midst of a large document and had to take a brain break! Hi everyone!

Well, since I didn't run home and post my WI, you could probably gather that it wasn't much to mention. It was up .4, which I expected considering the extra exercise and TOM. I expect, however, to see it go down next week! Considerably!

I was thinking the same thing as Linda about that jump start. I know of some other programs that have kickoff weeks like that, but never heard of it with WW. They very much stress not eating below your calorie level. That's enough of a challenge, anyway!

Linda - Glad you're enjoying your new hairdo! And WONDERFUL news that Jamie went with you to WW! It should be an encouragement to you that you have a partner in the house. I know you seem to struggle with pressure from the family to eat certain places or have certain foods in the house. And, you can help each other on vacation! Will your Rhode Island place have a DVD or VCR that you could use for an exercise video? Maybe I watch too much tv, but starting your day with a mother/daughter yoga video or something seems like fun.

DH wants us to go away somewhere for a few days in a month or two. I need to start planning that. Gotta find some place CHEAP, but interesting. Maybe just a roadtrip and stop when we wanna. Map some interesting sites. Pick up axe-wielding hitchhikers for excitment. We'll figure out something.

Well, I start Phase II of my 12 week program at the YMCA tonight (I have done 4 weeks in less than three. Super me!) Part 2 starts using the weight machines. This is something I really need. I've asked DH if he wants to join me so he can check out the weight machines, but I have to wait until this evening for his answer - after he gets some time to rest. Unfortunately, I had to schedule my meeting with the fitness instructer during my Yoga time, but I plan to pick back up next week and I will be taking the Pilates on Saturday. I like adding flex training to my routine.

Well, I think I will slip to the soda machine for a dt. soda. I have craved one for 2 days, but didn't want the sodium, so I resisted. Then, back to work.

Later!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #64  

Angie - I was posting just as you did! Yes, got tons of recipes. I will look for the fudge. Check the recipes under the WW General section here. There are lots, and lots of good recipes and lots of crockpot recipes. I always keep a couple of frozen dinners on hand for emergencies, but usually I try to cook enough dinner that I have a healthy, fresh leftover lunch. I don't rely on the frozen dinners, but have one or two a week, maybe. I also recommend Reduced Fat Chips Ahoy. If you can eat just one or two and stop, it's a great snack. They are 1 pt each. And, I LOVE Sugar Free French Vanilla International Coffee. This is permanently in my cabinet. It's 0 pts for one serving and MMmmmm... BTW, tell DH some good alternatives. If he still brings in bad options, I suggest you stuff them in his ear!

Welcome, Aunt Doirty! Hope we can help. I know the ladies here have been a great support to me the past year! It's great to be liked just the way you are, but you have to agree with the crowds. If not, there's work to be done!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #65  

Hello Ya'll,
have been away a few days due to a rabbit show and my father-in-law's surgery. Everything turn out great with father's surgery . I stuck to my diet for the first 3 days that I was out of town but the last 2 days I fell off the wagon BIG time. I brought home 4 extra pounds. Those same 4lbs I had just dropped from the last diet slip up!! I am so mad at myself.
I had set a mini goal that I will not be able to reach now. I had hoped to weight 170lbs by August 22, but I won't be seeing that mini goal any time soon becuase of my piggish eating.
I guess I have never really shared why I want to get rid of this fat body that I live in. I wanted to get thinner for myself but also because I will be doing on a camera interview with PBS in the next month. Well the interview date has just been moved up to August 25 . I guess I will just have to deal with the fact that my fat *** will be on camera for all the world to see. I feel like just drowning my sorrows in food, but I know that is not the thing to do.
I am off to go rake the yard.
I really feel like I have failed at everything that I have touched here lately.
Peach
Old 08-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #66  

Peach: Stop that attitude right now. You have not failed at everything. You had the good sense to get back on this board and talk about what's going on. That shows you still want to improve. So what about tv?!? I have to look at my big ol' 230 # self in every wedding photo around my house! Blech. You will do the interview in the new outfit you are going to buy yourself, with the new hairdo you are going to love, your manicured nails, and just look ravishing! Oh! And make sure you report to us when it will be aired! ((Gosh, I'm bossy today!)) Please, don't look at a bump in the road as failure. Just reason to get mad at doughnuts and recommit. You've done great with 25+# gone. Remember what you've accomplished, not what you haven't.

I'm here for scoldings any time.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:25 AM   #67  

Huntersmommy, (from here on known as HM so I don't have to type that much!) thanks for your vote of support. Yesterday was day 3 of being totally back on program, journal, water, food, exercise, doing it all. It felt good. I resisted temptation and was really focused. I have not used any flexpoints, either, in all this time - unheard of for me! I even measured my portions! We leave on vacation tomorrow (sure wish I could take YOU ALL with me for support, we'd have fun!) and I am determined not to totally blow it. I will be good today and have saved up all my flex points knowing that especially when we eat at my in-laws house tomorrow night there will be blueberry pie and who knows what for food. I'll be watching my portions and trying to behave and I will either swim or walk each day, I promised myself!
My mother in law has an indoor pool (a lap pool built into the foundation of their house) and I will have no excuses, rain or shine!
So, how are the rest of you doing? Not many posts, hope that means you are too busy exercising and not eating!
Linda
Old 08-12-2005, 01:05 PM   #68  

Hi girls. Welcome to Aunt Doirty, stick around with us for a while, you will soon be feeling alot better about yourself, and even on days when you don't feel so good, Melanie will usually have a good joke to cheer you up!

Linda, hi, You are going to have such a great vacation, don't OD on blueberry pie though, (I never have tried that, not a traditional pie here, but sounds real good!)
Get in plenty of swimming, walking and not so much eating, we will have you back down your weight tracker in no time!

Melanie, you are doing so well with your exercise programme. Be careful with the weights, you have to be extra careful not to do yourself an injury. Glad you aren't over concerned with your little gain. TOM is naughty to us all, and we can blame him!!!

I didn't go to this weeks meeting...again. Just can't seem to get there at the moment, I want to go every week, but no one to watch AJ, and its just a complete nightmare trying to take him with me. He always seems to get an extra burst of energy and talkativeness just when the meeting is about to start, but still, I feel in control again at the moment, although we do have the weekend to cope with now. Hopefully I won't overindulge on yummies, as DH is working all weekend, so no-one to keep me in line. I'll cope. I'm journalling again, and will do it!

Got to go for now, take care, have a great weekend all.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #69  

Default Sparklerose

Finally, get to be online abit. Still trying to find my way around. I feel silly, but I forget which threads I have posted on.

Peach - I am glad your father-in-laws surgery went well.

Melanie - Do you like Yoga? I tried it a couple of times. I feel like you have to be a pretzel to do some of the exercises Having a rough time with it.
Keep up the good work with your exercise.

Went to Curves this morning and doing some laundry and vacuumed. Boring, I know.

Had some chinese food yesterday and I am holding water today. I didn't overeat a whole lot, but it was enough to make me hold water. Makes you feel yucky.

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:52 PM   #70  
Delicate Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntersmommy
socalMinew

what kind of things are you eating for your 20 pts a day how did you hear about the 20 point jump start?

The 20 point jump start came with the Fast Track kit from Weight Watchers. It has a higher carb plan and a higher protein plan so that you can use the one that's best for you, and includes a DVD with a sample of the 3 workouts in it. They gave us these in the meeting after New Years last year and I just love the workouts. You get to eat very healthy foods with fruit, veggies proteins and grains. I have lots of energy when I eat this way. Also, it's easy to add 2 or more points to the plan when you go back to regular Flex Points.

Minew
Old 08-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #71  
Delicate Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntersmommy
do any of you buy the weight watcher frozen meals to help with your eating lifestyle change ?

I love the WW frozen meals but my leader told me to be careful because they have to use a lot of salt in the processing of them. They are a life saver though when my husband wants something for dinner that would cost me more points than I want to use.

Minew
Old 08-12-2005, 04:42 PM   #72  

Hey Peach we all have those days.. where you are the worst person on earth, but you know what you got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again. Hey if laverne and Shirley can do it so can we. After all look who then had to answer to LENNY and Squiggy. LOL Besides 4 pounds is bnothing in this heat and humidity. It is probably caused by water buildup from the humidity. Don't ever give up look at all thise marks you have for the weight you lost so far. YOU GO GIRL. I am Proud of you.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:54 AM   #73  

Morning everyone! Well, it's off on vacation this morning and I'll be back in a week. I am hoping to be a huge success and try very hard during the week! Vacations have a way of making me overeat, so if I come back even the same, I guess I should be happy with that.
Sorry you've not been able to get to your meetings Dawny. Hope you find someone to watch AJ! When my kids were young, I started a babysitting co-op among other moms for things like appointments with doctors, dentists, meetings, haircuts, grocery shopping. It was great, no money changed hands and we all helped each other. Maybe you can put a notice up someplace or in a local paper? AJ would make friends as well!
Linda
Old 08-13-2005, 08:09 AM   #74  

HI, little NSV this morning, (non-scale victory for the uninitiated!) I was going to have french bread for lunch, and at 4 points per piece not a particularly wise choice. I did still have the bread, but I very nearly had two pieces instead and stopped myself at the very last second. That would have been a disaster. So, although not a low point lunch, at least it wasn't a very high point lunch, and I'm still on target for sticking to my 18 points for today. So far so good. Lets see if I can keep it up!

Well, the rain is really coming down today, not the best or warmest summer's day I've ever seen! I'm hoping to get out on a little walk later, I can't really drag AJ out in this wet stuff though, so pray for the sunshine for me please!

Sparklerose, hi, I just lurrrrve chinese food too. But it does have this little water retention problem. Even a little bit seems to pile on the water pounds. Hopefully if you keep drinking plenty then it will be gone in no time.

Huntersmommy, I also enjoy the WW frozen meals from time to time. When I first started doing WW I would have them fairly regularly, my cooking is really not the best, but as time went on, as I learnt what I could eat that was even better, and sometimes quicker than the 'meals', I 'weaned' myself off of them. I will usually keep one in the freezer for an emergency, but otherwise, I rarely have them now. I agree with Socalminew, the salt content is just too high, more of the water problem unfortunately!

Socalminew, hi, We don't have the 20 point start over here, although I do remember my leader once telling me that we could do something similar. Didn't sound as structured as yours, but to go to 18 - 20 points when you first start out, or for a week after Christmas or a vacation to get you off to a good start. I suppose in the short term it can't hurt too much, but careful not to stay on it longer than a week or two, as your body will give up losing and want to hold on to every pound it can - not exactly the desired result!

Peach, please don't beat yourself up about these extra pounds. Its just one of those things. Sometimes we gain weight. At least you know why. Just put it down to experience and learn from it. Look at how good you have done so far and move forward. It will be gone in no time. Start journalling again straight away and get back on track... you will be fine!

Linda, have a great time!

Righty-o, got to go, back later!
Old 08-13-2005, 10:32 AM   #75  

Hey girls!

Well, I'm back from my holiday, had a great time. I found a pool in a hotel nearby, so me and my sister went there for swimming and sunbathing. I'm all bronzed now. Food was not that great, and I've had a few cocktails as well, but I hope the damage isn't big. I'll weigh myself on Monday, keep your fingers crossed for me!!

I've just finished reading all the new posts, many new faces, welcome to everyone!! Linda, hope you have a great time in Rhode Island and that you manage to stay on track!

Dawny, good job on the NSV!!

Hope you're all doing well, I'll post later, as I'm a bit dizzy and tired from the trip. Take care everyone!!
Closed Thread