Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:14 AM   #181  

Dawny - I don't think I would shame you very much. I still have a ways to go before I am truly lean and toned! But, I plan to keep working at it. Hope AJ is feeling better.

Well, I think our new "official" scale is bad. My weight was the same at home as it was last week, same with another lady. But, the "official" scale said I was up 1.4! Not so! I have FPs left and worked out like crazy. So, I have decided that my home scale will now be my official scale.

NSV! I took my rings to be sized last weekend. They kept trying to escape my hand! And, I have lost 2 ring sizes! My shoe size has went form 9 wide to 8 1/2 regular. So, I guess I have skinny fingers and feet!

Well, gotta get ready for work. The boss is still out recovering. One co-worker has been laid off, but that actually made the workplace more pleasant. But, it's stressful. I have to learn her job now and I keep finding horrible grammar and proffessional errors that make me want to scream. Oh, well.

Later!
Old 09-24-2005, 11:20 AM   #182  

Marcie, I'll pass on the offer of a toddler - kids are a four letter word to me. I think I have an allergy to them or something.

Melanie - Foc on that NSV and the heck with what the scale says! It's how you're feeling and how your clothes and jewelry fit that shows you the progress. And I'm with you on the poor grammar - I usually end up fighting myself to correct my boss' spelling mistakes -- and that's just in his email!
Old 09-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #183  

Hey girls!!

Marcie- FAB loss, well done girl!!

Mel- Great NSV, I wish my feet could shrink a little!! Don't worry about the scales, and keep up the workouts!

Dawny- Hope AJ is feeling better now. About exercise, how about buying an exercise dvd? There are a few cheap ones, especially in places like amazon.

Elaine- I know what you mean about weight going up and down. I've been losing and gaining the same 3 lbs for a few months, it's really frustrating. However, the weight seems to be shifting again now, so I say the key to success is preserverance and exercise!

Linda- Hope you're doing well. Thinking about you.

Well, as for me, WI is tomorrow, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I was very good this week, the schedule was hectic and I didn't have a lot of time to eat, plus I did some walking so I'm hopeful. My birthday is tomorrow as well! So, I'll be celebrating on Wednesday or Thursday with my friends, food won't be that bad but alcohol will be, but hey, I'm allowed! I also have a christening to go on Saturday which will be followed by lunch, but I'm sure I'll be alright.

On non-weight issues, I successfully passed 2 uni courses!! I'm happyyyyy!!

Well, that's all from me, I'll post tomorrow with my results. Take care everyone!!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:49 PM   #184  

Have a virtual birthday cake, Natalie - the best kind, because there are no points! And congrats to you on your uni classes.

I figured to keep things moving here, I'd post my exhaustive exercise trip from yesterday....

There's a little back story to this one. Basically, my niece begs me on a regular basis to take her to see shows when they come to Boston. This one, I wanted to go to, though - the new tour of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Starring the little brother of David and Shaun Cassidy, Patrick. Having been a fan of Shaun's from when I was younger than my niece is now, it's a nostalgia thing.

Then I found out that Ticketmaster now has a <cough> "convenience fee" of $10 per ticket. So, after choking on the price of tickets on line, I was determined to save money by going to the box office. Thus, the exercise.

I parked at work and we walked from MIT across the river and down to the theatre. Save over $30 by doing that. Proud of myself, I suggested we go to the Boston Garden to get the hockey tickets that a friend wanted (to take her kids to a real hockey game, which they've never been to.) So we walked from the Colonial Theatre across town to the Boston Garden. By that time, my feet were giving out on me. But I realized that I was closer to Cambridge and where my car was parked, so it was easier to just keep on walking.

So back across the river we walked and cut across campus to where the car was parked in the garage. I just mapped it out on Google maps what we did, and found out it was over 5 miles that we walked yesterday afternoon.

Man, I'm exhausted! But I saved $30!
Old 09-26-2005, 12:34 AM   #185  
Beauty School Dropout

Hi everyone. My name is Liz, I'm relatively new to the site. I started WW on my own about 3 weeks ago, but officially joined online on friday. I find the points tracker way easier than writing everything down. My weight loss goal is to be 125-130 lbs by May. Which I calculated is about 2lbs a week from when I started.

I'm currently In hair school and i'm finished in February. I really enjoy it but in the beuaty industry theres alot of expectations about how someone is supposed to look. I don't want to call it shallow, but the atmosphere tends to be more superficial than normal. Being overweight makes it tough, but I've learned not to let it bother me. When i was younger I always thought if I lost weight I could get a boyfriend, more friends, respect etc. I have a partner now who loves me for who I am, no matter what I weigh and instead of losing weight for other people, I'm losing weight for myself. I want to be healthy and happy so I can live my life longer and to the fullest. This whole thing is so exciting. Sometimes I find that WW and weight loss is all I talk about.

The thing I'm having the most trouble with is getting my veggie servings and drinking my water. Mostly because I'm absent minded and will go through and entire day and realise after that I've only drank one cup of water. Oh well, I know it will get easier. My grocery bill have gone up significantly ever since I started eatign healthy too. Has anyone else noticed this? Being a student it's hard to spend 6 dollars and a small thing of low fat cheese, but I'm making a point to spend less in other areas and budget accordingly.

Ok enough rambling, I hope everyones doing well this week
Old 09-26-2005, 06:33 AM   #186  

Drumroll please!!!!........................................ .................................................. .........

I lost 2.6 lbs this week!! It is unbelievable, I haven't had such a good loss since last spring, I'm soooooooo thrilled!! It's the best birthday present! Yay!!

Elaine, thanks for the cake, I ate it all! And wow, you did some serious walking, it really is good for you plus you saved all that money, so it's extra-fab!

Welcome LizK, hope you find the board helpful. Good job on starting WW, we all love it here! Looking forward to reading your posts.

Well, I guess that's all from me. Oh, forgot to add, I'm also very thrilled for my dear sis: She's lost 11.2 lbs so far, isn't it great?
Ah, I'm so happy right now!

Last edited by sugar_cane; 09-26-2005 at 06:36 AM.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:07 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 173.8/149/125

Default New to this thread

Hi All!

I was just reading through the thread, and thought it'd be great to join you in your support of each other!! I just started WW and tomorrow (Tuesday) is my 2nd weigh-in. I lost 2.6 lbs last week.. Can't wait to see what I lose this week. I'm taking it slow, though, recognizing that I'm not going to lose 56 lbs in a month!!

Elaine- I went to college in Boston and I started gaining once I moved away and bought a car!! I didn't realize just how much I took advantage of walks! I used to walk EVERYWHERE!!

Now I'm in grad school and I'm soo sedentary. I work during the day (8 hours) and then I go to school 3 days of the week (for another 4 hours), so I usually only get to the gym on the weekend and maybe a Tuesday or Friday night, if I'm not too tired!

I went to the mall this weekend and bought shoes, as usual (In the past, I didn't want to upset myself by trying on clothes). But THIS time, I felt better about clothes- I'm not quite ready to try any on, since this is only my 2nd week on WW, but I'm positive that I'll be able to buy jeans again!! I haven't worn jeans in over 3 years!!

Old 09-26-2005, 09:38 AM   #188  

Yippee for our student, Natalie!! Great work! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a gift to yourself!! Most Excellent WI!! Have fun with your celebrations, but don’t return your present!

Great exercise story, Elaine! I bet you had fun with it too. Five miles is quite a trek!

Liz – Welcome, and I understand about the grocery bill! It really is a matter of balance for me. I try to use recipes that will let me splurge a bit on one, but the other will be simple and cheap. Keeps things interesting. My mother is a hairdresser and I’ve been to the conventions, so I know what you mean there too. But, my take is that most these ladies just THINK they look good. Personally, I want to rip out a few weaves and scrape off a layer of makeup for most of them. Less is more people! My only requirement is that I don’t want someone doing my hair if theirs hasn’t even been fixed yet! I hate that. Oh, and another thing I wanted to comment on. I have come to realize that getting married allowed me to finally conquer this thing. When you are searching, it seems that there is just sooo much more stress put on the looks thing. After I was married and I knew he wasn’t going anywhere, it made it much easier for me to stick with the plan. For me. Have fun with it!

Welcome, Froggie! Bet you’ll be in jeans in no time! Hang in there with us!

Well, I’ve been a bad girl this weekend. I haven’t been to the gym since Thursday! I’ve been tracking my points though. I’ll hit the Y tonight. Honest. Guess I just needed a short break to avoid burn-out. I think I’m going to take tomorrow off work so that I can have a day with DH. He’s been working weekends, so I’m almost starting to miss him.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #189  

Hi girls, sorry I've been absent, so much going on at the mo, but back at last! Can't stop now long either, bathtime for AJ awaits.

Welcome to Liz and Froggie, I think you have both made a great start by joining WW, keep it up, we're here if you need us, or if you just need to get rid of any other 'baggage' off your chest - we all get bad days and if you get them out of your system, sometimes, just sometimes, it stops you hitting the refrigerator!

Nat, well done girl, thats a great loss for you, hopefully now you have well and truly beaten that little plateau, and will go on to much greater losses. Fab news on the courses too, although it goes without saying that we knew you could do it anyway!
'happy birthday to you' too, I sing with wonderful soprano tones....I have just returned from yet another birthday party, so I'm in fine voice! (yeah, really,ha!)

Melanie, hi, get down that gym now! Only joking, sometimes we just don't get chance, or really feel like it, but you know it makes sense, you have done so well with the exercise thing up to now that you must not let it slip! Lecture over. You've done great!

Anyway, got to go, its a nursery day tomorrow, so early bed and bath for one little boy I know. Back soon,
Old 09-26-2005, 08:09 PM   #190  

Hey Melanie, I'm with you with some of these people who overdo it so much with the makeup - I had a woman visit once who had a whole separate suitcase, just for her hair and make up. Being one to hardly wear the stuff, I was in shock at seeing how much she lugged around with her, just to be "beautiful." Ugh! Just can't be bothered, myself.

Welcome Liz and lpngfrg - you'll have to give us a name to call you by! You'll find a fun group here, as you can tell from the messages.

Natalie! WTG, girl! Congrats! Keep that momentum up - you're an inspiration!

Just worked a 13 hour day and am looking at another 5:30am bus ride tomorrow, so the only exercise I got was walking to/from the bus today. I am so not a morning person. Blech!

Have a good day tomorrow!
Old 09-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #191  

Well, the word for the day was Sloth. I had the day off. I made it to the Y (thanks for the pep talk Dawny) but other than that, we had a great lazy day inside. Played 2 board games and snuggled in the bed for hours. Ahhh... Great reminder why we don't have kids yet! I'm enjoying it while I can.

So, not much new to report. Made a GREAT shrimp creole recipe I got off Food Network. Raves from DH and friend that came over. Now I'm ready for a sip of coffee and more slothing.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:42 AM   #192  
Beauty School Dropout

Thanks for all the kind words ladies. Today was pretty good. Went to a movie and ate a bag of baked lays which isnt that bad but after we went to a pub and everyone was eating wings which i LOVE but I ordered a plate of veggies and hummus instead. I was really proud of myself, except I ate 3 wings from my boyfriends plate. It wouldnt have been that bad if it wasnt so late at night. I need to stop eating after dinner but sometimes I find it so hard to eat all my points before then. Oh well.

I cheated and weighed myself yesterday and I'm at about 195.5 which is almost a 3lb loss so far. Maybe by friday (my official WI) I'll have shead the last .5 and I can make it an even 10lbs since I started. *crosses fingers*
Old 09-28-2005, 10:25 AM   #193  

Hello everyone! I joined WW Monday evening and thought I could use some online support also between meetings.

My name is Donna and I live in Texas with my husband and two of my three children. I'm not working at this time but very busy with my DD who will graduate this next May. I want to be able to lose weight and feel good by next summer.

There is a lot going on this week and my dedication will be tested to the limits because of it. I passed the first two tests yesterday. Went with mom to her ladies club meeting at an Italian restaurant and only had salad and tea. Last night went to see Journey (concert) with DH and out to eat. I told him it had to be at Applebees and I had the steak/shrimp kabobs and choc. cake desert (ttl. of 11 pts.) with diet Pepsi. Of course he sat across from me and had a combo platter with all kinds of food on it and a couple of beers. I did great at the concert and only had a bottled water. I had a great positive conversation with myself on the way home from everything. This coming weekend will be the next test and I may have to use my 35 extra points but I really didn't want to my first week. At least I know it is okay if I have to.

I'm glad to be able to have you all to check in with; I believe it will really help me.

Donna

CW: 238.8
GW: 135
Old 09-28-2005, 11:14 AM   #194  

HI girls, can't stop long, just popped in to see whats happening.

Welcome Donna! Sounds like you had a fab weekend, don't worry if you have to use your FP's, in fact, you will probably lose more if you do! I know it always seems a strange thing to say, but the closer you eat to your allowed points total, the better you will usually lose weight. Call in to see us anytime, we'll try to help.

Liz, hi, I haven't a clue what 'baked lays' are, but they sound good and not too unhealthy, so good on you for having them (if they are something discusting, you can keep them though, LOL ) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too for your mini goal, little targets are nice to hit, and give you something within your grasp to aim for. Good luck!

Melanie, Well, it sounds to me like you had a pretty good day yesterday! Make the most of it while you can! I know DH isn't home at the same time as you all that often, so enjoy him while you get the chance! (At least you didn't indulge in a bed picnic, which is fatal, Unless you get to burn off the calories later! )

Well, some news over here today, the government have announced that from next september all schools will not be allowed to serve garbage for lunches any more, in an attempt to get kids to eat healthier and cut obesity levels. No more cheap burgers etc, and no more vending machines selling crisps, high sugar drinks and chocolate. I think its a great move, and the timing will be great, as just in time for when AJ starts full time school. It isn't very often that I offer praise for the people in charge of our country, but this is one time I will - well done! (and about time too!)

Well, time to go again, just don't seem to get the time to do much at the moment, oh, and I will probably have to have a few days off line soon as I'm changing to broadband(at long last) and the connection wires could take me ages! So, whenever it is in the next couple of weeks, don't wonder where I am, I'll be back before you know it. See ya later!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:35 PM   #195  
Beauty School Dropout

Well, I weighed myself today and im at 194! I couldnt beleive it! I feel so good today even though I spent 11 hours at school I still got to go shopping at the Bay with 150 dollars in gift certificates. I got a really soft sweater (XL not 1X or 2X!) a pair of shoes, 2 pairs of tights, 2 bras and some undies.

yay! what a fabulous day.

P.S
Dawny, baked lays are Lays brand potato chips that are baked instead of fried. They are 5 points for a smallish bag, aprox 60g. They arn't great for you but the plains ones are soo good with salsa.

Last edited by LizK; 09-29-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Closed Thread