Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 05:30 PM   #121  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Talking Morning all!

Good Morning! Like Meg I am here with my coffee sipping away! My boss arrived back a day early from a trade show so I may not gets loads of time to write today. Last night I filled out my journal with bootcamp aims so at least I have it documented now.

Meg: we don’t have 24 hr gyms over here either. Actually I do now though because I am using my home gym again to try and save some money. So it’s open 24hrs! By the way 48 isn’t old at all. Thanks for the explanation for the monkey suit – I am totally ignorant when it comes to that topic and I appreciate being enlightened. Have fun in Ohio…

Mindi: Maybe we are all getting in sync with each other – I think that I am due this weekend as well. Luckily I don’t get too many aches, just tired and a bit of tummy pain.

Ilene: I am going to try that shake it sounds delicious. Maybe you should add it to the recipes thread?

Jamie: Well done on a successful day…. We are heading the other way – it’s Autumn here and winter is approaching. It just means I want to look sexy in all those warm tight fitting winter clothes! Luckily I don’t have snow to contend with though.

DiamondDeb: Yep I meant low-carbing. Thanks – I just stumbled across a low carb board yesterday and saw your name so I though that I would ask! I love your idea for a class. Why don’t you call it a mind, body, spirit class?

Adriana: 10 days late? Wow are you ok? Are you normally regular?

Jonda: Of Course you can join bootcamp – anyone can! I wish my hubby would stop me from cheating once and while…. Unfortunately he has a blessed metabolism and can eat anything and stay fit and lean. It’s criminal I swear…. I wish I could throw donuts at him but I am afraid that he would just open his big mouth and swallow them…. Karen and I both said that we still feel like the fat girl…. It’s a hard thing to shake….. I made myself look in the mirror yesterday and acknowledge to myself where I have improved. It sure did help my self esteem and I wasn’t so critical for once. I feel better for it.

Mel: Every time I go to the blood bank they love me – same reason – white woman with clear blue veins. My vascularity has really picked up over the last 6 months. Sometimes I sit here at stare at the bank of my hands and clench my fists to make them stand out more – I am like an amazed little child sometimes. I just got my copy of trainers edge software fro Karen so I am going to play with it this weekend. Any tips on what to watch out for when setting it up? What did the allergist say??

Tidey: Wow – I went and had a look at your photos are you are doing really well! (and I am not blowing wind up you’re butt either!) Keep going they way you are going girl cos it’s working……Man I swear that you and I have the same shape legs! (and chest by the look of it as well!) I am so EXCITED for you!!!! Yippeeee……….

Well I have a busy day ahead of me so I had better get moving!

JC

PS By the way – Hi Jayne – you lurker!
Old 03-13-2003, 06:19 PM   #122  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default AACK you guys have been busy!!!

Hey, one thing before I go on - someone posted at General Diet Plans asking about Leanness Lifestyle - could someone else a bit more knowledgable than I explain the program to her? Thanks

Tidey - you are doing awesome! Keep up the great work!

Sounds like everyone's doing great! Today I've been walking around like Yosemite Sam - the effects of my first big LBWO since my surgery of course It was funny - when I went riding this past Saturday the instructor was VERY worried about me getting hurt. I told her we'd just do the lesson and if anything bothered me, I'd let her know. The only bad effects were my ankles from sitting two-point (i.e. your butt slightly out of the saddle and balanced forward - also known as the "forward seat" - kind of like being in a squat position only you have to still signal the horse with your calves!) while walking and trotting.

Wow, no 24 hour gyms?!? Actually when I first joined (been a member there for almost 10 years) even though the name said "24 Hours" it was only open 24 hours during the week, then on Friday the gym would close at 10:00 pm, reopen on Saturday at 7:00, close at 9:00 pm, then open on Sunday from 8:00 - 6:00. After they moved from the crummy building into a nice new facility a few years back, they went to 24/7 except on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's.

Jonda - welcome! Quoting Wayne's World: And may I say, your husband's a total babe!

JC - MY boss is also gone for the day across the street at one of those thrilling meetings where they pack 45 upper management people into a conference room meant to hold 25-30 people for 3 days of brainstorming but of course I have to hold down the fort - wish I could take the day off! I did get a chance to go to Safeway (a block away) and buy some cat food and more CLUMPING LITTER.

Another thrilling day for moi! Gotta run...
Old 03-13-2003, 06:21 PM   #123  
JEC
Aussie and proud

What the **** is Clumping litter?

JC
Old 03-13-2003, 06:26 PM   #124  
Uber-Moderator!!

You don't have clumping kitty litter in Australia?!?

http://www.freshstep.com/fss.html

It's lovely stuff - makes it easier to clean the box. Plus Sparky loves to just get in there and dig around - it's the consistency of fine beach sand! It's funny - we have a covered litter box - when Sparky uses it he pokes his head out, but Megan goes in headfirst and sticks her little tail out the door!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:02 PM   #125  
Central Coast Chick

Talking

Hi JC I am de-lurking for the morning.

Karen, we probably do have it here but JC wouldn't have a clue because she doesn't even look at cats.

None of my local gyms open before 6am, bit of a problem when you have to have breakfast at 6.15 to make it to work on time. .

Everyone sounds like they are doing really well! I just want to say that I did HIIT last night, I managed to do all 8 sprints again and I think I did it a little better than on Monday. My abs aren't hurting as much this morning, just in time for me to get them with pilates this afternoon.

Tidey - I got agree with JC, you're doing great chickie! Keep up the great work.

Pretty much JC has said everything that I want to (except I don't have the spuky husband at home) so I might just leave it at that.

Have a great day/night!

Jayne
Old 03-13-2003, 08:26 PM   #126  
JEC
Aussie and proud

oh Jayne.... if I don't speak to you again see you on Sunday! But not too early because I want to sleep in!

JC
Old 03-13-2003, 08:50 PM   #127  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Jamie: I just had a look at your photos - you are tinny girl! Do you have trouble gaining muscle at all?

JC
Old 03-13-2003, 09:14 PM   #128  
Peace with body and soul

Hey Jonda, what Mrs. J said! By the way, aren't you and Rich Iowawegians?? Nice to have some homeys around!

Have a good sleep everyone, rebuild!
Old 03-13-2003, 09:16 PM   #129  

Hi Everyone,

Great day hereb - food 100% and lifting intense.

Mel, hope you are feeling better and the allergist gets to the bottom of your problem.

Jonda, hi. I agree, your husband is a babe, like totally for sure.

Tidey, wonderful progress.

Hope everyone else is doing well and/or feeling better.

Sel.

Last edited by Trinidad; 03-13-2003 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:54 PM   #130  

tidey!
great progress, girl- keep up the good work!
i especially like the back pictures- patent improvement.
is it just me or has your posture improved as well?

jec:
i'm at uni new south wales and studying too much history *lol*
pardon the ignorant foreigner, but eastwood is near ryde, is that right? know quite a few people living there and in carlingford too.
oh this is probably taboo, but if my memory serves me correctly, there's supposed to be a high concentration of koreans in eastwood. does this mean that you get good korean food there? trying to find a nice korean place that doesn't charge tetsuya prices or anything like that...
Old 03-13-2003, 11:20 PM   #131  
MrsSandysHouse.com

S/C/G: 212.5/212.5/130ish

Height: 5'7

Angry Posting Pictures

Hey Gals,

I was hoping that you guys would post some of your pics at the new pic site so that I could "meet" you

All I have are "before" pics of me since I haven't gone any further than that

I promise to post a picture soon.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:33 PM   #132  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Yep eastwood is near ryde. I am not sure if their is Korean food around since I am not a fan but their sure are plenty of Asians around albeit I thought that most of them were Chinese. There are tons of restuarants around there though so it's worth checking out. They all look reasonably priced as well.

Sandy: I think that in time more people will put their pictures up.

JC
Old 03-14-2003, 05:09 AM   #133  

TIDEY !!

you are amazing !!! way to go!!! i can't even begin to put into words how happy i am for you and proud of you too !!

keep up the great work Tidey

all the best,

adriana
Old 03-14-2003, 05:15 AM   #134  

MEL !!

glad to hear that you're on track for finding out what the problem is. i've been thinking about you quite a lot and wondering how you are.

you sound drunk, huh? well..... it's probably better to only "sound" than to "be"

hope they find out real soon what the problem is.

take care,

adriana
Old 03-14-2003, 07:32 AM   #135  
Peace with body and soul

Good morning everyone. A WONDERFUL day here in the midwest! It's going to be around 60 degrees today in beautiful, downtown Iowa! How will I keep myself in that windowless office today!?

At the risk of being totally cliched..TGIF! LOL

Anyone besides me going to try to snewk out of work early today??? I'm looking foward to this weekend, spending it w/my bf, my darling puppy, Jack and myself. Going to cook, veg, read, and make use of BF's Bowflex which is always a humbling experience for moi. And watch some FoodTv too! LOVE the Barefoot Contessa! LOL

Guys I hope you call can keep me in line regarding eating and working out, for I want to finally set a date for BF and I to get hitched. I've been putting it off because I want to wear a nice dress and look GOOD in that dress. Yes at my advanced age, I'm going to get married for the first time...I realize its shallow of me to worry about what I look like in a dress, but danged if I want a photo hanging about of me as a fat bride!

I'm not talking about a gown w/a huge train and that stuff, just a nice, simple exquisite dress. So maybe y'all can help me stay motivated enough to get IN that dress....by maybe December? We have all summer to shape me up and get 50lbs of fat off me!

Thanks for letting join up w/you, you all are great, inspiring, kind, smart and very helpful.

Ok enough of my whining! Hope your Friday is brilliant and full of sun!
Closed Thread