Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 10:15 AM   #16  

Default HELLO CAMPERS!!!!!

Day ONE! And when I woke up this morning at 5 to go to the gym for my pre-planned workout, I realized I had a dr appt at 9 for blood work - and I have to fast for it. YIKES! A hard WO, then NOT eating for 4 hours. Not gonna work. Would do more damage than good. So, I will go to docs, then home to eat, then off to the gym!

I took pics last night. Bottoms of suit a little baggy (yeah!). We shall see if there is any change from Nov. Should be a little, but I'm thinking not too much. But wait till Easter! Whoopeeeee. I am so excited about this Boot Camp.

Karen is there a place we can post pics in this forum?

I like the forum name change. We could do something fun... Lovely Lifters, Sisters in Steel, Eat Right/Lift Hard I dunno.......

Welcome all Newbies

Last edited by Niffer; 03-10-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:15 AM   #17  

Morning all!

Colleen--woo! Good for you! And sorry about your meal.

Did my upper body today and am eating cottege cheese and oatmeal as I type. I'm good at Multi-tasking!

This is the start of week three for me. I took some measurements and providing that I measured in the same spot, the inches are reducing!
Old 03-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #18  

Good Morning all. I hurt my back last Tuesday and have been in bed for a week. I hurt it while dusting of all things. It is still a bit stiff and sore, but I am going to try and 'gently' do some upper body work today-I'll probably have to lower some of my weights. Eating 6 times a day just didn't happen, and since my husband was doing the cooking it was more like a free week.

I'm not quite clear on the changes here-what exactly is a boot camp for here about? It seems sitting at the computer hurts my back more than anything so I can't really sit and read for a long period of time.

Wishing everyone a good week.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:49 AM   #19  

whoa! posting like there's no tomorrow!

I guess you can count me in on Bootcamp, but Im not changing any of my routine or food lol. Im already into week 8 of BFL and am doing things by the book.

I KNOW Im doing good but i am getting frustrated with my fat rolls lol *GO AWAY* etc. Time to take new photos!

I did well on my free day! No binge eating! Lots of fruit, a bit of french bread, and mostly clean foods. Im pretty happy Big improvement from the last 7, and I didnt feel gross last night OR this morning! My biggest "cheat" was some french bread (baugette) with some chantarelle mushroom cream cheese. Not as good as I remember it tho :/

Im getting REALLY sensitive to sugar, even the "healthy" cookies seem too sweet.... Anyone have any recipies for "free day" foods that are not overly sweet or fatty?

I had a great 20MAS today (well, 19MAS, I got a massive side stitck and had to walk it off for 4 mintues before I could breath normally!) and really worked hard. I did 2 cycles on Ab boot camp (augh!) and took time to streatch and relax after. I feel great!

Thanks for being here! Its great to have a group of ppl who are acutally SUCCEEDING as a support group. The ones Ive joined in the past have been less than inspiring, but you guys RULE!

Karen, I love horses too and even the love of my life would not be able to keep me away from a horse! I plan on taking some trail rides when Im home this summer Never had one of my own tho, and lessons were confined to summer camp (1 week a year).

Tidey
Old 03-10-2003, 12:29 PM   #20  

Default Whoa, busy thread!

Got back from the gym and fed myself quick!

This slow lifting is kicking my butt! I am amazed at how much I've had to drop my weights in order to do 20 second reps.

Still learning to *love* the burn and push through it.

Meg- I have 2 gyms close to me (each about 5 minutes or less) but I really love my gym and find it to be inspiring (or maybe I just joined when *I* was really ready to commit). I did get a nice break today; an older man I often see in the weight room told me there was a new underground "off peak" membership now; I asked at the desk and am now paying $21.50 less a month than previously; so what if I can't go 4-8 p.m., I never did!

Lana- I also love that book!

Congrats on the tank top Colleen and nice to see you here again.

WTG Mr. Jim!

Hope everyone has a great day

Laura

Last edited by semmens; 03-10-2003 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2003, 12:38 PM   #21  
Uber-Moderator!!

You know, I'm gettin' too old to keep you with you gals!

As Meg said...we be the LADIES WHAT LIFT!! Okay that should be the ladies WHO lift but what the heck.

So ANYway today I did a bit of cardio - 20 minutes moderate - then chest and tris. Felt SO GOOD to lift heavy again - although I lost strength during my 'hiatus'. I felt like I could do hard cardio, but I'm waitin' till Wednesday when I (hopefully!) get the official okay from Dr. C. to carry on with normal life

OH and I was at Draeger's this weekend, they have a sushi bar...and they've introduced BROWN RICE SUSHI. Of course it costs extra. but I could get veggie brown rice sushi and that would be a veggie and a carb (carrots, cukes and seaweed are all veggies as far as BFL is concerned). All I need is a protein and I'll be set. So happy!!!

Now PHOTOS - Suzanne unfortunately doesn't have the bandwidth or whatever you would call it for photos. What I would suggest is that we set up a free photo page on MSN or Yahoo or whatever for our group, where we could post photos to.

Kinda like this one: http://groups.msn.com/BAENAddicts/shoebox.msnw

Just using it as an example. There's also a message board feature but 3FC is fine for me - we can just use the MSN site for photos. Let me know what y'all think!

Hey - what about renaming this forum "Ladies (and Gents) Who Lift"? show of hands???

Gotta run - lotsa stuff to do today but more later! We are ON FIIIIRRREEE!!!

Oh and Niff and everyone else, thanks so much for the congrats to Jim - I let him know. He is a happy camper! And hopefully I'll be able to go on the cruise too!
Old 03-10-2003, 01:25 PM   #22  
Mel

Default Monday

And a wordy bunch we are!

Got up early (for me) and did 30 minute of cardio- not super intense, I'd say 8's by the BFL standard. Then did bi's and tri's at home because I was waiting for a fedex pkg. that required a signature. Not the best workout, I really prefer the gym, but I got all the necessary parts done with the right weight.

I ordered the Get Lean kit over the weekend. I really want to see what the differences are with CPB, which is how I'm still eating. It's not that I necessarily like lowfat or being hungry, I just don't have as many calories to play with as some of you. I had my BMR test 2 ways and it turned out to be around 1350 calories. Adding daily activity and exercise gets me a maintenance level of between 1750-1850. So to actually lose fat, I need to stay below an average of 1400. And even that is REALLY slow! Doing BFL eating is just way to much food, tho at least I wasn't hungry.

Ugh- gotta go back to work. Bye!
mel
Old 03-10-2003, 04:34 PM   #23  
JEC
Aussie and proud

OH WOW !!! Hi Jayne!

Sidenote for everyone : please welcome Jayne (jaylizbet) to the forum she is my best friend! We worked on a set of menus for the next few weeks on the weekend together so we are all set!

I did back and bis last night but couldn't run because it was raingin very heavily.

Mel: let me know if you get the kit - I knew that they were on back order and am curious to see if they are flowing ok now. I can't believe that your BMR is that low? Mine is about 1800 calories I think from memory.

Anyway I gotto go and work!

JC
Old 03-10-2003, 05:28 PM   #24  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Karen: I tried on the new t-shirt last night and it fits but is a bit tight around the biceps ( ) It also accentuates my breasts a fair bit so I won't be wearing it to work in a hurry!!

I haven't had a chance to play with the software yet but am looking forward to it!

JC
Old 03-10-2003, 07:02 PM   #25  

Day 1 started off wonderfully, worked out and had my first meal. Then received an expected call from one of the firms that I work with to come in for a quick conference. Well, two missed meals later I arrived back home in time for meal#4. My fault for not bringing prepared food with me. Don’t want to obsess about it, so onward and upward.

Jayne - Welcome. I am a newbie here myself.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 03-10-2003 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:42 PM   #26  
Peace with body and soul

Hello Jane!

Just got done w/Day 1. I wrote in my journal even! Hope I can be accountable this way.

Bad to start on a day when every freakin' piece of chocolate on the planet is SCREAMING my name!!!!

Get plenty of sleep everyone, happy dreams!
Old 03-10-2003, 08:43 PM   #27  
JEC
Aussie and proud

ahhh I nearly got lost trying to find this place!

I can see the change has been made Karen

JC
Old 03-10-2003, 09:11 PM   #28  
Central Coast Chick

Hiya JC, Sel and Mindi. Thanks for the welcome

Hey Mindi, just imagine all that chocolate taped to your thighs. That always puts me off the worst of my choccie cravings. (taped to my thighs that is, not yours. )

Three meals down, three (yummy) ones to go!

Have a good one!

Jayne
Old 03-10-2003, 09:15 PM   #29  
Mel

Default Found You!

I got lost to and sent a panicked email to Karen. Thought maybe I'd been banned here too for some reason

Day 1 done- except I haven't taken measurements or photos. I think I won't and will just go by my jeans which are TIGHT now and were loose until mid- December. January and half of February were not good nutritionally, and I had just had about 2 1/2 great weeks before the %^& hit the fan at L&S and I blew it for a few days.

Anyway, 100% clean today, did my workout, drank my water.

mamawren- sorry to hear about your back. It is infuriating to hurt yourself doing something simple.

mel
Old 03-10-2003, 09:19 PM   #30  
Uber-Moderator!!

Well I knew Suzanne was fast but I didn't think she would be THAT fast! How do y'all like the new name? (didn't want Rich to feel left out!).

BTW Rich...are you the Rich of Mom's Chicken Breasts fame? I posted that recipe on the Recipe thread here awhile back. Jim loves when I prepare that - because when I make chicken on the George Foreman and put it in his lunch the next day, it has the consistency of a doggy chew toy. Sometimes he just sits on the floor next to his workstation and gnaws on my overcooked masterpiece like my Mom's old Shih Tsu

Hey! If you tape the chocolate to your THIGHS, you can't lick it off, unless you're REALLY good at Yoga. (can't you tell I'm in a jocular mood today?)

Speaking of meals - time for #5 right now! See ya!
Closed Thread