3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   February 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/316802-february-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

jendiet 02-07-2019 01:30 PM

Hey syk girl! Glad you are still moving forward.

so I went to the Dr. For my breast lump, she thinks it is just fibrocystic but had me schedule a mammogram to be sure...so it's next Tuesday 12th.

I wasnt done with personals when my phone cut off at Dr. So if I missed anyone else, sorry, I'll catch you later.

so far have had coffee aND the collagen powder shake withchia.

yesterday was terrible. I got depresses and stressed and I food comforted...I know the sheer volume of almost 3,000 calories caused the huge jump today. I did stay mostly busy so think maybe only 1/2 lb of the +3 this morning is ACTUAL gain...the rest, water and bulk...yesterday 180.2 today 183.2.. dr. Office scale was 187 with clothes and shoes and sweater...so know my scale is right.

JulesMarion 02-07-2019 02:02 PM

Emily I am so sorry about your finger and the depression. Sending virtual hugs, I’m glad you share here!
Granny popcorn is one of my pitfalls too. Greek yogurt as well - I swore it off this week to see if it would help me get out of a bad mental place with food. Funny how a food item being in my day can send me off so badly. Without yogurt I can do well during the day. Perhaps it reminds me too much of ice cream... (my real weakness)
Jen keep with it! I’m glad you share here. We all have those days/weeks/months that the day is just blah. You are not defined by what you eat. You’ll get there!
Diana I’m sorry your scale broke, what kind are you getting to replace it?
Weekend yikes! A bat?? I don’t think I’d have slept that night!
Nancylmrn I hope you’re coping well with the cold. I don’t like it, but the end is nearing. For us in the north, March is when things really start to get encouraging. I’m lucky my birthday is at the end of February - it helps me make it through.

Sorry to those I forgot, I’m at the eye doctor getting my peepers checked. Well see if anything has changed. Right now the dilation of my eyes is starting to kick in!

I haven’t weighed in since the doc (which was 180 [yikes] but that was past breakfast, bloated after Thai food, and migraine/sinus infection, so I will believe that most of that ~10 lb gain is from clothing and sickness bloat. I will not let it screw up my progress!

Boy I have to say after not working out due to illness, getting back at it has been hard. Just a few days and I feel like I lost a lot of muscle.

Diana3271 02-07-2019 02:56 PM

JulesMarion I am replacing the existing scale with the exact same model. My current scale is 10+ years old, probably closer to 20 years. I bought it originally because I weighed 400 pounds and was trying to lose weight. There were no other digital scales at that time, that were reasonable, that would go that high. It has been very consistent, too. It remembers the previous weight and there is options for 5 different people. I like the idea of the bells and whistles like what everyone else has, but all of that would make me crazier than I already am. :lol:

https://www.thecompetitiveedge.com/s...184550174.html

https://www.amazon.com/Tanita-HD351-...l+Weight+Scale

EmilyLarnder 02-07-2019 03:07 PM

Thanks everyone.

jendiet - I will say a prayer but I am sure it is only fibrotic tissue :) Good luck

All my scrubs are tight or do not fit. Need to keep fighting. :(

B-Rx bar, coffee
L - Broccoli slaw, sushi
D- chicken salad
Snacks: none yet.

no workout for today.. may do abs tonight.

Diana3271 02-07-2019 03:31 PM

Emily Everything should fit better in a week or two. Hang in there.

Jen I pray everything is normal with your mammo.

Larry H 02-07-2019 05:00 PM

Great News!! DW's biopsy came back it's benign not cancer.

Diana3271 02-07-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry H (Post 5381549)
Great News!! DW's biopsy came back it's benign not cancer.

Great news, indeed!

nancylmrn 02-07-2019 05:51 PM

Good afternoon to all
Well I did not get a 'formal' workout done today but I have met my step goal. I do feel very lucky that I am able to step away from the computer for my 8-10min worth of laps through the day, 4 laps = 1,000 steps more or less depending on where the service trucks are parked and like the last few days where the ice is.

Larry that is really good news about your DW! :hug:
Emily, your scrubs will be comfy again soon, I am thinking of you
Jen I pray all is normal with your mamogram...which reminds me I am due for one too (breast cancer runs in my family)
Jules I can't even imagine the cold there, but you are better prepared as far as road clearing in general than here. Our challenge is the black ice vs hills
Syckgirlsfv going to Vegas again ??? :D please adopt me so I can go
momwannabe I don't know how you handle the heat, I lived in the southern part of the US for 16 years and that was one of my hardest adjustments when the summers came around and the heat and humidity at 100%...I don't want to go back to those extremes

So tonight it will be beef and brocolli for dinner. I ordered some silicone egg cups for my instant pot that were expected to be delivered this past Monday then it was pushed out to Wednesday and hopefully they show up today! I was so looking forward to copycat Starbuck bites....I know the snow put things behind just a tad but this is nuts.....oh sheesh just got a text from DH who said the Amazon Prime truck finally delivered my goodies....can't wait to get home

I will update you on the copycat recipe later

ciecie 02-07-2019 09:21 PM

good evening! did 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. I power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. had a busy day at work. :D

Diana3271 02-07-2019 10:18 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Not the best choices for dinner. DH wanted to go to a new BBQ buffet. I thought they would at least have a salad section and some fresh veggies. There was nothing healthy at this place.

Total Approx 1815 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 400 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (1000 Calories)
BBQ buffet 1000 calories (estimate)

Exercise:
I had a busy day. I worked on my month end stuff. I was not able to get a workout in. I didn't get all my steps, either. I will try to do some marching before bed to get some extra in. Some days are just like that.

Have a Blessed evening!

grannynancy 02-08-2019 05:58 AM

Good Morning 133.6 back on track. I *did* eat some popcorn yesterday :(. But today is planned again and is 1337 calories - exercise - and 12,000 steps. The steps seem to hold the magic for me. When I walk that much it is easier to maintain.

Work will still be crazy today but I don't think quite as bad. But it depends on interruptions. It is getting to where I need to get some of my work done on the weekends or evenings

Larry - so glad to hear it was benign!
Jendiet - I pray your mammogram goes smoothly and they find it is just a fibrocystic lump
Diana - Lot of good barbecue in the low country. That has GOT to be a hard place to live with the food choices down there.
Nancy - Impressed by the steps given the conditions there! I hope things worked out with the IP. Hubby is looking at it those accessories and Costco has an air fryer on sale. Making an IP soup tonight (Carrot and Ginger.
Emily - will continue to pray for you. You have this!
Jules - Continue to get better! Muscle will come back. It is funny how different foods can absolutely trigger us.
Syckgirl - crossing fingers for you!
Momwannabe - Congrats on that first kilo. The heat sounds horrific. I have heard drought is another problem in South Africa.

UPDATE 10am- 5455 steps down-exercise and stretches done getting ready to do more quad stretches while legs are warm from the walk then make breakfast. Today is also stairs day.

UPDATE 6pm - 12,000 steps attained. Will do stairs (10 flights as fast as I can) while the IP is running with supper - then shower after supper and do final stretches. Have avoided popcorn today. Did add a banana to my lunch.

Rachel1234 02-08-2019 06:12 AM

Good morning

Larry, thrilling on the benign results for your DW!!! Praise God!

Met yesterday's goals.

Today: :broc::woops::wl:, sit-ups & stretching; 2 liters water, fiber, 1200 calories.

You all keep me accountable; so helpful to me!!

Diana3271 02-08-2019 06:20 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif Happy Weekend!

Last night: Full Body Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

I didn't do my exercises and stretches from the Dr. and I feel stiff this morning. Today is my early day and I feel really tired.

Calories for yesterday: 1815 + :coffee:
N*W*I scale broke

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 8

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

The earliest days of a diet are the hardest. There are times when it just seems impossible to resist the wonderful treats that appear everywhere. But resist we must. The reward comes to us when we realize that with each victory over an individual temptation, it be-comes all the easier to resist in the future. The largest part of the battle is to realize that we really can do it. The Scriptures promise us that when we resist temptation (the devil), it will flee from us, and it will trouble us no more. God never makes a promise that He won't keep. The battle's been won.

Today's thought: There is no temptation I cannot resist!

nancylmrn 02-08-2019 10:26 AM

Good morning to all
WI down that pesky pound again but I am truly in a stuck rut. I got a text last night from my employer saying we are only going to work until noon because of the 'impending' storm......well we will see. If it does not start to rage until evening I will work a full day......She is salary and does not bother her to only work 5-7 hours per day, me on the other hand~~~am hourly and don't want to burn vacation time to make up hours.

I am going to have to walk a lot of laps this am in order to get my steps in and all meals are planned today. Oh I made some starbucks sous vide copycat egg bites last night and found them a little bland so I am going to tweek the recipe. (I got two egg bite molds) in the other mold I tried making a hashbrown type bite it was average but I think I want to try a different approach for that one. Cooking is like a chemistry class LOL

Anyway I will be back with personals later since it looks like I will have some time on my hands today :eek:

jendiet 02-08-2019 11:07 AM

HI all,

Diana, I bet that bbq was tasty!!! I know you will keep on despite no scale.

Nancy, I pray you get steps and storm is not as bad as forecasted.

Larry, praise God, dw biopsy is good!!! I know you are relieved. I do intermittent fasting, if I do NOT follow through with CAD then IF keeps me from gaining.

Rachel, awesome on keeping goals. Having to report my mishaps, keeps me accountable and the understanding and kindness keeps me trying harder.

ciecie, hope you have a good day at work and awesome on always finding time to workout.

Emily, I agree just keep holding on fighting those calorie blues and your scrubs will get loose again. I speak life into that finger every nerve and tissue be restored. I do believe it's just a cyst, I go for the mammogram on Tues 12. Never had one. I heard it's cold and they mash your boobs from a comedienne.

Jules, hope your eyes are great. I always feel like mush after taking a hiatus....

weekend, that's funny about a bat because I went to walk the dog at night and something either a bat or a confused black bird landed smack dab in front of the dog, who was just a's shocked as I was...

ok, I'm tired today, but I did stay at 1500 yesterday and I hope I don't binge trying to get energy. I am a terrible binger. I do it emotionally and I do it when I'm in pain, I also do it when I'm tired....so no wonder I can't get with the program I'm on my period, getting up early, was having a lot of pain and I'm stressed about the mammogram thing, but GOD will help me get a grip...gluttony IS A SIN. It is against my body too. I should read some verses or pray IN ALL if these situations. Taking a nap also helps.

I tried to go to bed a little earlier last night, but ds3 woke up just a's I was with a tummy ache and vomited all over my bed after a cuddle session...so there went that

plan is to try to stay under 1600. Be aware of binge triggers. Move it.move it. (Tracker died when I was really going) and make 10,000 steps!