3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   February 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/316802-february-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

JulesMarion 02-05-2019 12:22 AM

Hi all, this weekend has been nuts. I have been in bed half the weekend. Antibiotics are helping but the headache remains- though now it’s just behind my eyes, and my genius hubby figured it’s probably because it’s been 2.5 years since I’ve had my eyes checked. I take the kids to the dentist and eye doctor and all that but somehow I forget that it’s also important that I do? Haha. So I will get that taken care of soon. Eating has been ... I won’t go into it, but not bingeing is a good thing. Just haven’t been making the best choices.

DD is great, she’s racing around the house like a little wild woman.

momwannabe 02-05-2019 03:06 AM

Happy day to everyone! I will write some messages tonight. Teeny loss this morning after day 1. About 0.5 to 0.8 pounds (we do kilograms). My scale is also dodgy - seems to be a theme among us! But mine isn't old at all. It just changes the reading if you move it three inches left or right! Frustrating! It seemed pretty consistent on the downwards movement though, which is good!

ciecie 02-05-2019 05:13 AM

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :D

Rachel1234 02-05-2019 06:18 AM

Good morning

Grannynancy, Welcome back! You were missed!

WeekendBoater, thank you for words of encouragement!

When I was on the treadmill yesterday, I got an ambulance call (I'm a volunteer EMT). So did not get the rest of the workout in later in the day. Also didn't do very well with fiber or veggies. Will try again today.

Today: treadmill, sit-ups and stretching, fiber (I'm out of salad), 2 liters of water and 1200 calories.

Feeling kind of out of kilter today: the ambulance call was the husband of a dear friend. He didn't make it. He was terminal. When I got home yesterday, I dipped into the bridge mix, which I keep on hand for Scrabble games. Numbing my emotions......

God bless you all & hug your loved ones.

ciecie 02-05-2019 06:50 AM

welcome back grannynancy! just had breakfast. will work out in a few minutes. :D

grannynancy 02-05-2019 06:51 AM

Good Morning 136.6 - bounce up - I think eating like I was working outside and not getting in the exercise caught up with me.

Today is planned and back on track at 1167 calories. This *is* doable. I figure that my action range should be 132-136 or 134 +/1 2lbs for now. So today is planned and my target is 134 until I am back in line for a while then I can relax it some. So I guess............it seems average burn around 1700 calories a day and I need to target my eating around that with the right blend of things. Going back to foundations and quantities from Bright Line Eating and not so much the calorie counting where I drifted. One thing to cut is the coffee. I have been drinking way too much and exercise has dropped since I got back Saturday night. As I am typing I a wanting food but I don't need to be eating until my planned breakfast.

Observation is my ratios of carbs, fats, protein have been pretty steady over time with a recent slight uptick in carbs but I need to kill the snacking and power through the hunger which is not hunger and up water consumption. Stress building from many things I need to do. I need to divert that energy. Struggling with focus.

Worried about DD2. She had been complaining with ocular migraines for some time and she has had some vision loss and now needs glasses. A new doctor said she thinks it is increased CSF fluid pressure associated with the PCOS. The MRI has been done and it is safe for a spinal tap for checking pressures. That is being scheduled ASAP - finally -

Rachel - I know that has to be very emotional and it is hard not to munch during a time like that and it is very surreal and throws you off for several day. Prayers to you and the family of your friend. Walking. walking seems to help me clear my head.

Momwannabe - Hi! Kilos is so much more logical. LOL at least you are not doing "stones" Looking forward to getting to know you.

Jules - glad DD is doing so well. It is so hard, as a parent, to remember to take care of yourself. Hope you get to feeling better.

Flower - I pray your trip goes well. Could all the recent issues be stress associated with upcoming visit? Perhaps trying hand at breathing and meditation would help. The reflux is no fun. Small meals. Lots of water. not laying down for 3 hours after any meal. Sleeping on left side with head up on wedge pillow (or tilted bed). Sigh. You probably know all that. Have not dealt with IBS. It is amazing how many emotions get tied up into our mothers.

Jendiet - I wound up buying these collage pills at Costco. Much easier for me. I can tell a huge difference in my finger nails so I am assuming it is making a difference. I pray for focus and clear progress after TOM is completed.

Larry - wow the numbers look great! Hope DW skin cancer if she has it is very early.

Nancy, Diana, Ciece, Weekend -

Well got to get in those exercises that I really don't want to do that I need to do before work. Blech. Meeting with personal trainer tonight and really in a funk.

ciecie 02-05-2019 07:42 AM

grannynancy, will be praying for your daughter. just did 2 miles leslie Sansone. :D

grannynancy 02-05-2019 07:59 AM

Ciece - thank you. Morning exercise routine completed - grumble grumble getting ready to let the dogs out and start workday

Diana3271 02-05-2019 08:36 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Scale didn't work this morning, even with a good shake. :lol:

Grannynancy Welcome back. I just prayed for your DD.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
No Weigh In, scale broke. New scale should be here Monday.

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 5

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

A man I knew loved fried food: meats, vegetables, fish-anything and everything fried. He promised his wife that he wouldn't eat any more fried food, but every time he went into a restaurant, the old smells came to him and made both his mouth and eyes water. Time after time, he gave in and indulged in fried delights. Guiltily, he would admit his transgression to his wife, who would scold him, forgive him, and force him to promise not to fall to the temptation again. Forgiveness is important for us to feel when we fall, but we shouldn't take advantage of it. We must always try our best to keep our promises and not ask forgiveness lightly.

Today's thought: We need fear no condemnation from God when we fall!

Beachboddreamer 02-05-2019 08:38 AM

Good morning, it's been a little while because I got my butt kicked with a virus going around. I haven't been following the diet since I needed the fruit juices and crackers. Once I'm over this thing I will start again...only my house hold knows...no pizza or cake or they are going to have 1 very cranky mom/wife to deal with, lol

EmilyLarnder 02-05-2019 11:59 AM

Hey all. I'm back. My hand is still healing.I severed the nerve and had surgery. A lot of my finger is still numb. I've been through quite a bit of depression the past two weeks but I'm trying. I am trying to decide what sort of exercise I want to attempt today (still not allowed to use my left hand).
I hope everyone is well.

Today's positive thoughts:
Breathe, Let Go,
"So stop and take a look at your own needs. Go mindless. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure."

nancylmrn 02-05-2019 03:49 PM

Good afternoon to all
WI back into the 160's with 169.4, and did not do my workout this am. I did go into work but the roads getting out of my neighborhood were dicey. All ice and I am afraid we don't get salt trucks in our little neighborhoods, only the major roads. Temps hovering around 20 degrees. Once I was on the main roads my commute was good...A drive that takes me 30 minutes took a bit longer but I was safe. I can't even do my laps today since the yard is one solid piece of ice and I am not going to risk falling.

Diana I had to laugh at your woes of a scale....still making me smile
Jen I hate it when the cravings hit! I don't get them often but boy when I do I am almost like a steam roller to get what I want. Thankfully they recede almost as fast as they come on
flower I too suffer bouts of IBS but it seems to be under control right now. I have to watch any and all dairy and it is just plan no fun. I can glad you can recognize the nutritional needs of your body
Jules....go get your eyes looked at girl! and so sorry about your crazy weekend but sheesh your DD has recovered quick just like little ones do!
momwanna---oh my! my scale will do the same thing if I don't place it in the same place I get some wild readings I thought it was just me
granny, I have your DD on my mind and hope the test will reveal the problem. You have done so well staying focused on your eating what is triggering?
Beach LOL you made me laugh about the cranky mom/wife ...I don't have that kind of will power I would eat it then sulk but not be cranky
Emily so glad you are back and your hand is healing. It is going to take some time for the nerve to regenerate
weekend I just keep thinking how I would love to be on a beach with the 'warm' sun not the 'cold' one LOL
Rachael I am sorry about the EMT call, my sister and her husband were volunteer firefighters for years and my sister also taught EMT classes so I have heard the stories, She said the worst calls were the suisides

larry, ciecie and to all I have missed hugs

EmilyLarnder 02-05-2019 04:56 PM

Did about 20 minutes of spinning. Trying to work my way back up.
I'm having a really hard time shaking this depression.

Rachel1234 02-05-2019 05:45 PM

Thank you

Grannynancy & nancylmrn, thank you your empathy:hug:

Emily, my heart goes out to you as you are struggling with some depression. You are in my prayers.

Diana3271 02-05-2019 09:57 PM

EmilyLarnder Welcome back! :hug: