3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   February 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/316802-february-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

flower123 02-03-2019 12:12 PM

Good morning.
Gain 1 pound
wishing all a good Sunday <3

momwannabe 02-03-2019 12:29 PM

Thanks, Nancy and Ciecie. It's evening here, so time to get on with some exercise before dinner. Hope everyone has a good day.

ciecie 02-03-2019 03:16 PM

had a great day here. won't be watching the superbowl. not a fan. :D

Diana3271 02-03-2019 03:37 PM

momwannabe Welcome back! :welcome2:

ciecie 02-03-2019 03:42 PM

will be going for a brief power walk and run an errand in a few minutes. :D

jendiet 02-03-2019 08:31 PM

Jules, so glad to hear DD is not only done with surgery but we'll enough to play

Jojo and namesJames, momwannabe welcome step stools are serious workouts!, great support system here

ciecie, yay for packages and I'm not much of a sports fan either....I watch if it's on and it's a fellowship thing, if not, I do not care.

Larry, great on the report, boo on the plateau, but your body is just in an adjustment phase with all the loss.

flower, plateaus suck. I pray it breaks and I agree stick with it...I pray your digestive ssystem mellows out, have you tried papaya enzymes?

Nancy, boo on that, but workouts always give temporary gains, I also took a nap yesterday instead of hashing out my step goals...I didn't actually even look at the total...hopefully when I sync my watch after its charged, it will tell me. I realized Samsung Health was somehow interfering in my sync to Google fit??? I needed a nap so bad but then I didn't fall asleep until 400 am...

Diana, so glad all results are good news.

Granny, how are you???

weekend, feeling better thank you for asking, what LS workout helped with knee. It's so awesome DH does that with you. Wasn't it granny and DH that did some renovating together?

Rachel, awesome on weight lifting goals!!!

ok, yesterday was 2100 calories, I turned down food twice after we went out to eat @ golden corral this afternoon. I only racked up 1800 thank God. 180.2 yesterday, 180.4 today ..if I hadn't taken that nap, today would have sucked...yes my calories are high, but it could be A LOT WORSE and I'm working on reeling it in...

so far I'm holding my ground this close to TOM ...not gaining...so figure maintenance is 1700 without extra exercise...

I think I am 3 days until TOM, but I woke up with a migraine so could be sooner..
which ds3 prayed away again...he actually tapped my forehead with his finger several times this time...I take pain killer but it doesn't always work and when it does, the pain rebounds, but not with my little guys prayer of Faith. Thank you Jesus.

nancylmrn 02-03-2019 09:09 PM

Well I did not come close to getting my steps in today. Cold cold and spitting snow, expect a few inches tonight. My boss called me this afternoon and told me we will be starting late tomorrow because of the weather and if my neighborhood is too dicey just stay home. I live in what we often joke when we call it the 'bottom of the cereal bowl" We can not get to the main highway without having to go up not just a hill but A HILL in any direction. One year I got to nearly the top and poof car could not make it and I slid backwards and had no control to the bottom. So me being me, I managed to turn around and get a running start again and made it over the top....of course there were more hills but none that steep.

So tonight I made a roast in my IP with potato's, carrots and onions. I stuck to just a few oz of meat and a few bites of veggies. but the real downfall has been the few glasses of wine I am enjoying watching the Superbowl Good thing the game is nearly over. I will be back in the am, night gals

Diana3271 02-03-2019 09:55 PM

Hi Everyone! :wave:

I had a bit of a stressful day. I just really need to go with the flow. I had Children's Sunday School and Church today. I don't have children, I'm an only child and have never been around children. So I am always left feeling a bit frazzled but I am happy to help out. On top of that one of our members has mental health issues. Another member is struggling with the loss of her husband. These two live next door to each other. The one who lost her husband hasn't been to church in a year. She has become very withdrawn. So the lady with the mental health issues called me and asked for a ride to church tonight. I went to pick her up and was waiting on her while she was eating dinner. I decided to take a risk and call the other lady and see if she would go to church with us. I left a message on her voice mail. The next thing the lady who lost her husband came walking into the house with me and the other lady. She had her pajamas on. We were all sitting at the table talking and enjoying each other's company. It was 20 minutes before church. I told them both. It's time to go to church. Let's go. The one in the pajamas said "I've got my pajamas on" I said "you've got clothes on, let's go". I got both of them loaded up in the car and we went to church. Our church family has really missed these two and I was glad that I was able to get them to church. But I was left really feeling frazzled today. I pray the lady in pajamas will see how much she is loved and missed and she will continue to come back.

My breakfast and lunch were my normal lower calorie foods. But when I got home I had teriyaki wings with DH. He made a variety of wings for the Super Bowl. I didn't eat anything else, but I am sodium sensitive so that won't be good.

Have a blessed evening!

ciecie 02-04-2019 12:05 AM

good morning! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. didn't watch the super bowl. watched repeats of America's got talent-the champions instead. :D

momwannabe 02-04-2019 03:15 AM

Sounds like everyone's caught up in the Superbowl. I only know that through American
movies! But it sounds like a big deal. Hope you all enjoyed it.
Such a small success, but last night I did 15 minutes of cardio versus the 12 I've managed up to now! Is it pathetic to call 3 minutes a success?? I was sopping wet at the end of it!
Today is my first day of better eating, so I'm hanging in there!

flower123 02-04-2019 03:26 AM

Hi all
The stomach acid thing is really exhausting and draining. I took Zantac today but it seems worse. Nothing I am doing seems to help. I took a double dose of probiotics tonight. Will take more before bed. Didnt even feel like eating a lot tonight.
For those who pray, I would be grateful if you would pray for me. I need to get this under control so I can go to Boston. And I do want to go. I would be so sad to miss out on it. But I know I need to feel better in order to go. The good news is I asked the nurse practitioner to test for everything under the sun that could be causing this and the slow weight loss. She came up with nothing after checking systems etc. including thyroid. So that's great!! Just need prayer. Hopefully the added doses of probiotics will help quickly. Thus the prayer request. thank you. :)

Diana I LOVED your story about rouonding up the two women and getting them to church. One, in her pjs. How awesome of you to tell her to go without changing clothes. Really wise. And loving as well. I hope she was able to take in the love that she got from people, including you. You did GREAT :) BTW, sorry for that gain. It will come off. But I know it feels not so good to get bad news from one's scale. They can betray us :(

Jen thanks for suggesting papaya enzyme. I think I did try it over the years for stomach acid. Honestly I have wasted hundreds of dollars on enzymes, Colodial Clay, DGL, L Glutamine, PPIs All sorts of antacids.... the list goes on. And now Zantac which did not help at all. I am thinking serious probiotic therapy is the way to go. But that's a real investment. I hear ya when you say your caloric intake could be a lot worse. I think you are doing great mitigating the damage. Controlling the calories wherever possible. It shows you still are in charge. That's really good. Wow re DS3 Awesome that he is gifted. Sounds like he has a really beautiful heart. Hope TOM is kind to you this month.

Weekend boater thanks. yes I have been listening to NECN weather. I am taking the greyhound bus to Boston on Wednesday. Going back on Saturday. I just hope the pats parade will not be on Saturday. I have to leave from So. Station which is right downtown. I hope the haddock was delicious. I used to eat Cod every day.

Momawannabe Great that you are back at 3fc. 3 extra minutes is a big success as far as I am concerned. Congrats on starting again. You are off to a great start.

Nancylmrn great story about you getting up the hill. You are a much more courageous driver than I. I stand in honor of your driving prowess. It snows most days during the winter (fall and spring) where I live. So driving on snowy roads is pretty routine around here. But I am a coward around hills.

Ciecie glad you got some down time tonight to just watch TV.

Hi to everyone I did not mention :wave:

I am trying to get ready to go to see family. the only pants I have that fit are jeans. The rest are too small. I may have to go to the thrift store to see if there is a pair of decent pants. I am just concerned about making it there with my gut the way it is. It honestly does not seem like a good idea. But my family gets together only once a year. I SO want to go. and I would lose the money I spent for the round trip bus ticket.
calories today: total 880 Would have been more but I didnt feel like eating much.
I hope everyone has a great Monday. <3

Rachel1234 02-04-2019 06:40 AM

Good morning

Diana, I love it that the lady went to church in her PJ's! God bless her!

Yesterday's goals were met, except for the fiber. I actually got weights lifted, too, so that's done for a few days. I lift twice a week. The weekly caloric intake average was 1212. Very happy with that.

Today: :broc::woops: sit-ups, fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

I've really been enjoying as a snack 1/2 cup of low fat ice cream(70 calories) mixed with chia seeds(60 calories). Filling and satisfying.

Thank you all for being here. So helpful to me to be accountable to you all.

Diana3271 02-04-2019 08:27 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

momwannabe Hi and welcome to the check-in: :welcome2:

Flower I just prayed for you. :hug:

Last night: Nothing
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: Unknown (chicken wings :p )
Weigh In: 187.8
Back at it today. Also, my scale has been acting up. Last week I got error messages. I thought it was the batteries. I replaced them. This morning it was acting up again. So, it's time to replace it. It's 10+ years old. It might even be closer to 20.

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

Today's devotion really spoke to me.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 4

Psalm 65:3
Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

I remember trying to fly a kite at the beach once. I would run as hard as I could in the sand, and it felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I couldn't run fast enough to keep the kite aloft. Often dieting feels the same way. The harder we try, the farther we seem from our goal. It really doesn't seem worth all the effort it takes. However, we need to hold on. When I tried to fly my kite, a sudden gust of wind came and took it high into the sky. The Holy Spirit of God comes to us just like a gust of wind, helping us reach our goals and making the result well worth the effort.

Today's thought: Jesus will give us the extra lift we need to lose weight!

ciecie 02-04-2019 08:48 AM

good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :D

ciecie 02-04-2019 08:53 AM

good morning! will have breakfast in a few minutes. :D