3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   February 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/316802-february-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

Diana3271 01-31-2019 10:18 PM

February 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!

flower123 01-31-2019 10:36 PM

Diana so glad to read the good news re the ultrasound. Altgough I am not surprised. What a relief for you that must be. I have to take supplements for my gallbladder. Thank you for starting the new month. I hope it's a good one for all.

hopefully I will do personals later. Stomach acid wreaking havoc with the hiatal hernia tonight. I hope my digestive system chills out before I go to Boston.

jendiet 01-31-2019 10:53 PM

Posted tonight in our January thread. Good night lovely people

Ghost123 01-31-2019 11:05 PM

Hello all,

I’m new to this board and I really don’t know what to say. So here goes. I’m a 49 yo female and when I started losing weight I was 225. I was depressed and unhappy with how badly I had let myself go. In just two years I had gained almost 40 pounds! I couldn’t believe it! That was the heaviest I’d ever been in my life. I finally decided to do something about it. I started walking and got a bit more active. Slowly, I started loosing weight but it would just come right back so I decided to go see a doctor. My doctor is great! He helped me get my weight loss on track and he prescribed phentermine. I had to go see him once a month for a weigh in and measurements. I lost a total of 25 pounds in a year, taking phentermine for 6 months of that year. Just last week he put me on Saxenda. Has anyone else ever been on this?

frustrated101 02-01-2019 02:54 AM

It's primarily used as a diabetic medication to lower blood sugar but they realize a side effect was weight loss because it can reduce appetite

Diana3271 02-01-2019 08:43 AM

Frustrated101 & Ghost123 Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Diana3271 02-01-2019 08:46 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif Happy Weekend!

JulesMarion Praying for your DD and her surgery.

Welcome back to all the regulars and new posters!

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 185.4
Down: .6

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 1

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

'I can't win,' the woman lamented. 'I give in and eat something, and then I feel guilty. When I feel guilty, I eat. The more I eat, the guiltier I feel, and the guiltier I feel, the more I eat!' Sometimes we feel like failures when we break our diets. We can be swept up in a sense of guilt that makes it nearly impossible for us to stick to our diet. The solution to guilt is forgiveness, and forgiveness comes to us through our advocate, Jesus Christ the righteous. Jesus knows that we sometimes give in, and He loves us just the same. Accept His love, accept His forgiveness, and let go of any guilt you may feel.

Today's thought: I am not condemned just because I sometimes slip!

Rachel1234 02-01-2019 10:07 AM

oops

I posted today's on January's thread. Diana, Jendiet, WeekendBoater,JulesMarion, & Maxiyat might want to check back there for personals.

ciecie 02-01-2019 11:10 AM

good morning! went for a brief power walk and run an errand this morning. will be taking the bus to a nearby community to shop and run errands there. :D

Rachel1234 02-01-2019 11:19 AM

weighed in today

frustrated101 & Ghost123 :welcome:

I just weighed in. I am encouraged! Down 1.5 pounds and am, at last, back in the 150's. Still seems like a long ways to go, but I need to focus on one day at a time. I seek the Lord's strength.

nancylmrn 02-01-2019 12:16 PM

Thank you Diana for starting the thread this month!
Welcome frustrated101 and Ghost123 looking forward to getting to know you
Weekend whats up in your world? LOL I feel like sometimes we have so much going on and so little time to sort through things
Rachel great job on the loss whoop whoop
Diana I noticed you had a drop too.....things are looking up for February for sure
Jules any updates on your DD?
oh flower I hope and pray you tummy acid calms down, nothing is worse that that burning up in the esphogus, I have woke in the middle of the night with it. I have had to stop drinking coffee and only now allow myself a cup once in awhile.
Jen are you still s sore today as yesterday? You sound like a one woman handygal...I have no idea even how to use power tools
granny how was the trip?? Detail please LOL
:hug: to all I missed

WI down .6 168.4 this morning and that was with my thin crust veggie pizza last night so surprise! And I made it to the gym again this morning walked through their doors at 5:35am (it is a 15 min drive from my house) Now granted I look like a crazy person that time of the morning. No make up hair barely brushed, a big gym bag and blood shot eyes but I did it. :rofl: I can't say I am coordinated but I put forth about 75% effort, that is the best I can do that time of the morning. Tonight DH will be home late so I am kinda on my own for dinner so I am planning on just some fresh shrimp cooked in garlic butter then dip in my own coctail sauce.. Lunch is salad with some chicken and maybe some cheese. I also have some egg salad I can eat. Breakfast was my homemade yogurt made with fairlife 2% milk I like it because it has more protein and less sugar than other milk that I can get in my area

flower123 02-01-2019 01:54 PM

Hi all
welcome to the new folks. Will do personal messages later
yesterday's calories around 1,000. Low carbs (around 40)
weight today: maintained same gain as previous day.
finding that hope for weight loss is rightly no longer present. However
I must continue to diet. I can only imagine what I woukd gain if I ate normally

i finally found the reason for this anomaly. It's nothing awry metabolically. And is happening
with some other folks in a specific community I am part of. People are even reporting not having
an appetite anymore and still gaining.

I asked the nurse practitioner to muscle test (kinesiology)
if this is the reason. Finally, I got my answer. Everything else had been ruled out.
Still depressing and feels defeating. But I know there is nothing I can do about it other than to just make
peace with the process. And continue with this diet so I will not gain more.

Personals later. Lots of errands today

Weekend Boater 02-01-2019 02:36 PM

Nancy, your something else! lol Just because of you I am going on that WII right now! haha...

I been sitting all too long doing calls, emails etc. and so will catch up with personals later. So happy to be here and with our new month.

Okay, goinggggg to do it! lol

JulesMarion 02-01-2019 03:40 PM

Little one did great in surgery! Her hernia is fixed. It was quick, and she had some difficulty upon waking - she was very upset and disoriented and it took a long time to calm her down. She’s now happily playing Mario with her brother, and is doing well.

ciecie 02-01-2019 04:05 PM

good afternoon! just got back from power walking and running errands in a nearby community. just shortly before I left to go shopping, I got a pleasant surprise! half of the order I placed on sears.com arrived! will power walk and run errands on my way to supper tonight. :D

Diana3271 02-01-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesMarion (Post 5380980)
Little one did great in surgery! Her hernia is fixed. It was quick, and she had some difficulty upon waking - she was very upset and disoriented and it took a long time to calm her down. She’s now happily playing Mario with her brother, and is doing well.

Praise the Lord!

ciecie 02-01-2019 04:18 PM

julesmarion, so glad the surgery went well! hope she heels soon! :D

nancylmrn 02-01-2019 06:52 PM

Jules I am so glad everything went well and DD is not on her way to a complete recovery

So it has been raining here today but I still got out and walked 'my laps' after going the gym this morning...I am up to about 14,000 steps for me which is really good LOL And since DH is working late I think I will treat myself to a walk around Costco fun huh? :cb:

ciecie 02-01-2019 09:56 PM

good evening! went through the box that I thought half of my sears.com came in. it turns out my entire order was in there! :D

Diana3271 02-01-2019 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciecie (Post 5380999)
good evening! went through the box that I thought half of my sears.com came in. it turns out my entire order was in there! :D

Yay! You don't have to wait for another package!

Diana3271 02-01-2019 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancylmrn (Post 5380992)

So it has been raining here today but I still got out and walked 'my laps' after going the gym this morning...I am up to about 14,000 steps for me which is really good LOL And since DH is working late I think I will treat myself to a walk around Costco fun huh? :cb:

Congrats on getting your steps in. Isn't it funny about our entertainment as adults. :lol:

Diana3271 02-01-2019 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flower123 (Post 5380903)
Stomach acid wreaking havoc with the hiatal hernia tonight. I hope my digestive system chills out before I go to Boston.

I pray the stomach acid calms down. Did you get the Zantac? Have you tried marshmallow root or slippery elm?

Diana3271 02-01-2019 10:33 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

It's funny, I went back to look at my steps. I was disheartened because I missed my target of 10,000 steps a day, X amount of times this month. But I looked at a feature on my tracker that told me that my daily average is 9822. That's not far off from my target, so that's actually really good. Why do we focus on the negative of I didn't meet the goal every day. :dunno:

Total Approx 1515 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 400 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner ( Calories)
salad w/grilled tuna and BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS Belly Fat Blast Interval Walk
I have over 11,000 steps today

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 02-01-2019 10:41 PM

nancylmrn, congrats on getting your steps in despite the weather. we are having a break in the bitter cold. tomorrow will be a busy day here. :D

Larry H 02-01-2019 11:57 PM

Hi, everyone, sorry I have been MIA for a while. I am still following my diet but I have been on a plateau. I may need to cut calories some more. Currently I am eating 1600 calories a day.

I had my annual visit to my VA primary care doctor on Wednesday. My blood work looks good. I still have a nagging mild anemia and a low platelet count. My cholesterol however is great despite getting 75% of my daily calories from fat. My total cholesterol is 145, my triglycerides are 99, my HDL is 50, my LDL is 75. Wow!! it does not get much better than that.

At the peak of the recent Polar Vortex here in Florida I found light frost on my truck windshield first thing in the morning. Nothing like my son and other relatives experienced back in my old home state New York.

DW had a biopsy taken by our dermatologist on a mole he suspects may be cancerous. We are nervously waiting the pathology report. He said it would take about two weeks.

3fcer002 02-02-2019 01:24 AM

Hi. I'm new here and the system wouldn't let me post yesterday so I'm putting this one out there as a test.

3fcer002 02-02-2019 01:27 AM

Well, it seems to have worked today! :smug:

I'm experimenting with a high energy diet including lots of omega 3, together with a basic weight training program.

Today I had sardines on wholegrain toast and I did my warm-up exercises, basically stretching. :carrot:

I've been doing this every day since 14 January and seems to take ages to notice any visible results.

Does anyone know of a way to accelerate the process? :?:

Rachel1234 02-02-2019 04:12 AM

Good morning

JulesMarion, so grateful and relieved that your daughter's surgery went well. Thank the Lord :hug:

Ciecie, isn't it the most delightful thing to get packages in the mail? I am eagerly awaiting a package from Current :D

Larry, you were missed! Wow, your cholesterol is inspiring!

NamesJames :welcome:

Yesterday's goals were met except for getting the weights lifted. I had decided to stay home for the day. Will try to do that today, if my back will allow it. I woke up with a sore back. Hopefully, I can get it stretched out. I think the back thing might have something to do with a bad mattress. :?: I frequently wake up that way.

Plan for the day: :broc::lifter::tread:: stretching,1200 calories, 2 liters water, & fiber.

Thinking of you all today:)

ciecie 02-02-2019 07:13 AM

welcome namesjames! larryh, congrats on the great report from the doctor! we're slowly warming up here in wny! 50's by Wednesday! :D

JojoBreeze 02-02-2019 08:06 AM

I'm brand new and in for the long haul!

Good morning!
I hope everyone is well. Not sure where to start, I am poking about on your site!! I love 3FC! I have been reading your articles FOREVER it seems! Lol
I don't have a diet plan yet, but I think I've found a at home exercise plan. I just turned 60 (ug, not liking seeing that number!) trying to be positive and "reinvent" me! Looking for a plan, buddy, a monthly challenge, maybe? I will help you if you can exchange the favor! I can't do this alone!

ciecie 02-02-2019 09:00 AM

welcome jojo breeze! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. :D

Diana3271 02-02-2019 09:35 AM

NamesJames and JojoBreeze Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Larry Congrats on your labs. I prayed for your DW.

Diana3271 02-02-2019 09:38 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif Happy Weekend!

Flower From yesterday, that's the reason I have continued to fight here. I have gained, but I think I would have gained so much more if I hadn't continued with accountability here.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 185.2
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 2

Acts 13:39
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

I knew a man who tried a new diet about every two months or so. He would buy the newest diet book and throw himself into the program wholeheartedly. For a week or so, he would remain faithful, then, when results didn't occur fast enough to suit him, he'd fall away. He would curse the diet plans, saying they were no good, completely ignoring his own responsibility to stick to the plan. A book, a law, or a set of rules won't have any effectiveness unless we remain faithful to it. The desire to succeed won't come from a book; it needs to come from a deeper source. For us, that source is Jesus Christ.

Today's thought: Christ is better than any diet book!

nancylmrn 02-02-2019 10:54 AM

Welcome NameJames and Jojobreeze

GRRR
Last night I had a very light dinner I just was not that hungry and my trip to costco yielded me some fresh wild caught scallops so dinner was 4 scallops and 5 shrimp...so I get on the scale this am expecting a drop since I had over 15,000 step, worked out and light dinner and POOF a 1.2 lb gain. I so love these roller coaster rides.
Today will be errand since DH will not be home most of the day, so I get to go play and do things he hates LOL so going to aim to get all my steps in the real way.....Retail therapy. I don't have todays meals planned yet but I have some pork lion in the frig I need to cook so that will be lunch. Breakfast is a no brainer, some yogurt and a few eggs. Dinner tonight I have to give some thought

Diana congrats on the loss nice job as usual
Larry good to see you back and great cholesterol
flower how are you doing today with acid control?

back later for more personals

JulesMarion 02-02-2019 07:35 PM

The past week I’ve had a horrible headache - I figured it was stress with little one having surgery. Finally went to doc and apparently the cold I have had (mild) turned into a migraine and then left me with a sinus infection. I got some antibiotics and hopefully will feel better soon. I have felt terrible this week and just miss feeling good! I pretty much slept 3 days of the week!

Weekend Boater 02-02-2019 08:20 PM

Hi everyone :wave: I am sorry for posting late, I was sticking badly this morning and couldn't get a post out but did read them all. Happy weekend to you all!

Jules, I am so glad that things went well with you DD surgery, what a relief it must be for you. I am sorry to hear of your headaches though and hope you feel better. I hope that you get a chance to rest a bit and catch up with your rest, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Larry, good to see you and great on your tests being good!

Rachel, I did see your post and wanted to say thanks! : ) I am sorry to hear about your back being sore and oh yes a bad mattress can do that! They can be expensive I know but the torment they can put us through when old or just not right , etc. is not worth it. You do so great with your workouts and all that you do, don't let that bad matress get you! feel better and keep us posted please.

Nancy, 15,000 steps! wtg! congrats on your steps..you have been doing great with your activity and workout and as I said yesterday, you inspired me to go on the WII! Hang in there, could just be sodium. Retail therapy sounds good, wish you were closer so I could go with you! lol Enjoy it and have a great weekend : )

Flower, I hope that your tummy feels better. I checked the weather here and we will be out of that deep freeze when you visit....no more single digits! How long are you staying?

Diana, that is awesome about your steps!!

Welcome to all those just joined in and looking forward to getting to know you all.

ceicei, we are warming up here too, thank goodness! lol

As for me, things are going well. I had baked haddock tonight..something I had missed as I eat a lot of chicken. I do need to focus on drinking my water more at night though as I slacked off again. I hope that you all have a great night and may we awaken to a good new day tomorrow!

Jen, how are you feeling? I so hope you feel better.

Catch you all soon, happy weekend! : )

Diana3271 02-02-2019 10:07 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Jules Marion I hope you feel better soon.

Weekend Boater I eat a lot of chicken, too. Sometimes I think I am going to sprout feathers. LOL

nancylmrn What did you shop for today?

Total 1705 Approx calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 260 https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
2 siggi's vanilla yogurt 220 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (470 calories)
chick-fil-a market salad w/bhf's ranch 420 calories
iced coffee from home 50 calories

Dinner (975 calories)
beef roast 400 calories
carrots/potatoes 200 calories
yellow squash/zucchini 75 calories
shared cake slice w/DH 300 calories

Exercise
45 minute outdoor walk & 10,000 steps

Have a Blessed evening!

Weekend Boater 02-02-2019 10:29 PM

LOL Diana :) :turkey: < that's me sprouting feathers, a crazy one at that! lol good one!

Nancy, you asked me the other day what is up in my world! I chuckled when I saw that! I thought omg she is going to regret asking me that and end up with a book! lol

I will try to keep it brief for now but when I left here we had that move as you guys may recall. It was a big move! My realtor and I exchanged 1,000 emails! When we got here, there was a n ice one or two month period where we just enjoyed being back in our hometown and then bam! THe builing and construction started and all the remodeling and plans. I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, I know there was a lot to be thankful for but building and doing al lthat can also be very stressful! The conractors were straight out, our yard was a minefield , and there were people here every day. I honestly don't know how DH did it all! I did escape and go walking on the shore a lot, well until July when the greenheads came! lol We are moving forward and the project is moving forward but as some of you may know these things can take more money and time then planned, as well as aggravations! We promised to take this summer off! Just small stuff! We still have a lot to do but heck, we really could use a break and plan to take it easy this summer.

With all that being said, I am really glad to be back and so thankful you guys are still here! I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend! Tomorrow is a new day for all of us, let's keep it going!

flower123 02-03-2019 12:52 AM

Hi everyone
I took Thursday and friday off. Just was feeling dejected with the lack of loss. Finally the scale did drop .4. Have remained strict with food. Low calories and carbs. But not so low as to cause weakness for me, which it does when I go extremely low.

Already on page three and its only Feb 2nd. Lots of good activity here.

JulesMarion I am so glad to read that your little one did well with the surgery, after the upset and disorientated feelings subsided. Whew, what a relief I am sure. Really sorry to read about the migraine and sinus infection. I hope you are feeling much better today :hug: I hope your daughter is doing well recovering from the surgery

Ghost hi and welcome. I have not heard about Saxenda. But glad that you have had great success with phentermine. Congratulations on the loss you have had in a year. WTG !!!

Frustrated hi and welcome.

Diana congrats on the .6 loss !! And congrats on the average of 9;822 steps per day for the month. That is absolutely amazing. Great work!! Re Zantac, maybe thats one I did not try. I know PPI's do not work well for me. Seems years ago I tried Zantac. I chug Slippery Elm Root every day. An herbalist friend who had the local herb shop told me that SE does not work as well if heated. It should be put in a jar with room temp water added. And then shaken. It will expand. I usually get the powder from an herbalist. But this time I got it from the bulk section of the local coop. Distributed by Frontier.

Rachel congrats on the 1.5 loss and being back in the 150s.

Nancylmrn so sorry about that gain. Sometimes these fluctuations make no sense at all:( Showing a loss seems to be a theme here at the beginning of February. I stand in deep admiration of your determination to hit the gym so early in the morning. re coffee and acid, there is a place in MI that sells very low acid coffee. And it tastes great. It does not harm my stomach as regular coffee does. I get it through mail order. Mainly decaf. which is 5.8 pH. I love the company. You amaze me with walking laps as you do, even in the rain.

Ciecie great that your order from Sears arrived early.

Larry, Thats a long wait for path report for your DW. Sorry its taking so long. Glad your bloodwork looked so good. Cholesterol and all. amazing how that works even though you are on a high fat diet. You surely did find the right diet for you.

NancyJames welcome. Great to meet you. The only way to know to truly accelerate the weight loss process, is low carb and low calories. Some people do the Zero carb diet which works well for them. Others swear by the intermittent fasting diet. The only thing I do is low carbs and low calories. I know you will find which way works best for you.

jojo welcome. Finding a buddy sounds great. And hopefully this thread community will help until then, or in addition. BTW, I am 7 years older than you. So I hope that makes you feel a bit younger :)

Weekend Boater Ouch re all the renovations.That can be very difficult to live with, day in and out for months on end. Are you actully living there while renovations are going on? I honestly cannot imagine going through major renovations for extended period of time. I didnt know you are living on the north shore. My mom grew up there. Her sister lived there all her life. As did her mom. I have a cousin who still lives there. Great place to live. BTW, I too have a lot of resistance to drinking water. I do better with lemon water with org. stevia added. But honestly I barely drink that. Maybe all who are interested could do a water challenge.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Al caught up. So, I did finally see a .4 drop. Tonight I wondered if the person who tested me did so for Thyroid. I tried to call her. But she had company. No time to go to MD for bloodwork before I go to Boston. But I have an apt with my MD toward the end of the month. She books three months in advance. Popular doctor. And she cut back her hours. Naturopath is away. So I am saying a prayer that the other woman can test me tomorrow.

Friday and Saturday's calories were about the same. Today i added in a small salad. And made the second salad smaller than normal. eg 3/4 oz low fat feta per salad. Instead of 1.5 oz in one salad.
Saturday
Coffee 200
Baked cheese bites 340 / 1 carb
Salad 120
Salad 150
chicken with cabbage and cucumber 200
1010 calories for day

I hope everyone has an awesome Sunday!

Rachel1234 02-03-2019 06:01 AM

Good morning

Well, it's Sunday, and I really like Sundays. Church, then family time, usually playing scrabble:D

Did well on my yesterday's goals, except for getting weights lifted!! I have to go into town to do this & simply chose to stay at home yesterday! I need a little kick in the rear end to get me going:kickbutt: Will put weightlifting :lifter: on my Monday plan.

Today's plan: 1500 calories, 2 liters water, fiber.

Thank you to WeekendBoater and flower123, for your encouraging words:hug: