3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   February 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/316802-february-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

momwannabe 02-08-2019 11:53 AM

Hi everyone. No loss for me this morning. I know every day can't be a loss day, but... Come on! I kept below my calories and did some cardio. Anyway. Tonight is date night, so have kept some calories for a glass or two of wine. Hope everyone has a good evening!

EmilyLarnder 02-08-2019 03:22 PM

Thanks all. I am done feeling blue. Last night, I made a decision. No more junk. I am quitting cold turkey - and only have something unhealthy for occasions and 1 unhealthy meal (cheat meal) a week. IT STOPS TODAY!!! :D
Help keep me accountable! I have asked Ryan to keep me accountable as well!
It's a good day so far. I cleaned some of the house last night (cleaning reduces stress for me), Ryan and I played a video game together (bonding, LOL).

Today has been good so far too.
I'm reminding myself to trust the process again, that nothing happens overnight, and to not let myself get discouraged.. AND to not let myself say "Screw it" and mess it up.

Breakfast: morning coffee, with 2% milk
Lunch: Egg salad sandwich on whole grain Rye, side of broccoli slaw
Dinner: tbd
Snacks: tbd

30 minute TurboJam workout - Diane i bet you remember TurboJam! What a blast from the past that was today!

I will return later to update.

momwannabe- Don't be weighing yourself every day - weigh yourself once a week! Our weight fluctuates greatly (1-5 lbs) depending on the types of food we eat, sodium intake, etc. Trust the process. Be patient. :) Sometimes the body is resistant to change! Mine is.

jendiet - thanks so much again for your kind words!

Diana3271 02-08-2019 04:06 PM

EmilyLarnder I love Turbo Jam!

EmilyLarnder 02-08-2019 04:22 PM

Diane - me too. I moved up to TurboFire and other Beachbody workouts, but since my level of fitness had decreased, I figured TurboJam would be a great way to get back into it. I did the 30 minute Fat Blaster. I forgot how fun it was. The music is so groovy!!

Larry H 02-08-2019 04:32 PM

DW's mammogram was also negative but her bone density test shows moderate osteoporosis. We are waiting to see how or if the doctor wants to treat this.

Finished my first round of Keto intermittent fasting. I am doing OMEOD (one meal every other day) I ate lunch this past Wednesday and fasted (no food no snacks and no drinks with calories) until today, Friday lunch. My next food should be this coming Sunday lunch. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not get hungry. We will see if this shakes up that plateau that I have been on.

The last time that I ate this way was in 1962 while I was at the U.S. Navy Boot Camp. I was trying to lose weight for my wedding which was planned for right after boot camp graduation. It worked, I was skinny as a bean stalk at my wedding.

grannynancy 02-08-2019 04:43 PM

Larry, when I was diagnosed with mild osteopenia (the precursor to osteoporosis) they tried to get me to take supplemental calcium up to 1200 mg a day. I did some research on it after suffering the adverse effects of indigestion and major constipation no matter what form of calcium I ingested.

Do some research before you go back to the doctor on that one.

WHO recommends far far less than 1200 mg a day of calcium recommended by doctors and the RDA for senior women, and the concerns are that these huge doses wind up on your artery walls not in your bones-there is certainly controversy swirling around on this one. I am personally taking vitamin K2 (just a few studies on that one so not mainstream) and 500-700mg of calcium a day and doing weight bearing as much as possible. K2 allegedly keeps it moving into the bones and not the arteries and is present naturally in a lot of fermented foods.

Of course, all this is MY research for my own body and you may come to a different conclusion. Scary stuff since she moves about with a scooter and can't get the weight bearing she needs.

EmilyLarnder 02-08-2019 04:54 PM

Larry - prayers for your wife that it doesn't get worse! Also, fasting is a really eye-opening experience; it goes to show us how much we eat on a normal basis is far too much. Are you doing this long-term? I've read that a severely decreased calorie intake can decrease your basal metabolic rate (slow your metabolism), ending in weight gain when you return to normal eating. Good luck!!

Update: I am at work so I got dinner from the hospital cafeteria (not as bad as it sounds).

Dinner will be: 2 pangasius fillets (needed more protein), broccoli cheddar soup, side salad
Snack for later (if I get hungry) will be a protein bar.

Today will end me at 1,150 calories, approximately 200 from exercise, with a net calorie intake of 950.

Diana3271 02-08-2019 10:25 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

I'm tired tonight! My friend from church, her daughter has come back home from Taiwan for a wedding Her and her DH are working as teachers in Taiwan. Anyways, my friend is wanting me to meet her DD and she is all excited about it. We are suppose to go to lunch tomorrow and go to the outlet shopping. It should be a fun day.

Total Approx 1515 calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 400 calories & https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
JS 1 Mile Upper Body Circuit w/5's, JS 1 Mile Lower Body Circuit w/5's 10,900 steps for the day.
These are short workouts, but I felt accomplished that I did something. I have been feeling overwhelmed with everything all week.

Have a Blessed evening!

ciecie 02-08-2019 11:19 PM

good night all! power walked and ran errands on my way to supper tonight. power walked home after supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained. :D

Weekend Boater 02-08-2019 11:43 PM

Just popping in to say hi :wave: Happy Friday! I hope that you all have a great weekend. WE still have a whole 3 weeks left but one day at a time and with that being said, I wish all a great one tomorrow! Sleep well.

ciecie 02-09-2019 01:14 AM

good morning! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. :D

Rachel1234 02-09-2019 06:15 AM

Good morning

I did not get weights lifted yesterday, which was my goal. Hopefully I'll get them in today or tomorrow. Met the rest of my goals yesterday.

Today's goals: treadmill, sit-ups & stretching, fiber, veggies, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.

Hope all goes well with the rest of you!

grannynancy 02-09-2019 06:17 AM

Good Morning 134.4 bounce up but its all good. Yesterday was 1469 in and 1715 out. . Today is planned and winds up at 1403 calories. Paying attention to shifting to more fat fewer carbs due to persistent dry skin. Got in all exercise and stretching. Eating on run this am. Trying out adding chia seeds to my oatmeal. That may be interesting. Today is some dog training then working on my office. Also. Walking.

Diana3271 02-09-2019 07:09 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gifHappy Weekend!

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
N*W*I scale broke

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 9

Hebrews 2:18
For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

When we get particularly low during our dieting times, we feel so alone and alienated. People pat us on the back and tell us they know how we feel, but we know they really don't. There are times we feel certain that no one knows how we feel. Rest assured, though, that Jesus knows how hard it is, and He wants to comfort us, especially when the going gets the toughest. If we turn to Him He will give us comfort and strength in the darkest times. He's been there before us, and He is willing to walk our path with us. When we welcome Him in, He will grant us comfort.

Today's thought: No matter how lonely I might feel, Jesus is right beside me!

grannynancy 02-09-2019 07:46 AM

Guess what. Chia seeds (1 TBSP) worked out great in instant oatmeal! just threw in about 4oz extra with the oats, added extra water, cooked 1.5 minutes in microave instead of one! I was worried about slime factor but it seemed to add a little crunch but not too much. Hoping this will help keep me full as I will have a late lunch.