3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   February 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/316802-february-2019-daily-accountability-lifestyle-change-everyone-welcome.html)

ciecie 02-02-2019 09:00 AM

welcome jojo breeze! just had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. :D

Diana3271 02-02-2019 09:35 AM

NamesJames and JojoBreeze Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Larry Congrats on your labs. I prayed for your DW.

Diana3271 02-02-2019 09:38 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif Happy Weekend!

Flower From yesterday, that's the reason I have continued to fight here. I have gained, but I think I would have gained so much more if I hadn't continued with accountability here.

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 185.2
Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 2

Acts 13:39
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

I knew a man who tried a new diet about every two months or so. He would buy the newest diet book and throw himself into the program wholeheartedly. For a week or so, he would remain faithful, then, when results didn't occur fast enough to suit him, he'd fall away. He would curse the diet plans, saying they were no good, completely ignoring his own responsibility to stick to the plan. A book, a law, or a set of rules won't have any effectiveness unless we remain faithful to it. The desire to succeed won't come from a book; it needs to come from a deeper source. For us, that source is Jesus Christ.

Today's thought: Christ is better than any diet book!

nancylmrn 02-02-2019 10:54 AM

Welcome NameJames and Jojobreeze

GRRR
Last night I had a very light dinner I just was not that hungry and my trip to costco yielded me some fresh wild caught scallops so dinner was 4 scallops and 5 shrimp...so I get on the scale this am expecting a drop since I had over 15,000 step, worked out and light dinner and POOF a 1.2 lb gain. I so love these roller coaster rides.
Today will be errand since DH will not be home most of the day, so I get to go play and do things he hates LOL so going to aim to get all my steps in the real way.....Retail therapy. I don't have todays meals planned yet but I have some pork lion in the frig I need to cook so that will be lunch. Breakfast is a no brainer, some yogurt and a few eggs. Dinner tonight I have to give some thought

Diana congrats on the loss nice job as usual
Larry good to see you back and great cholesterol
flower how are you doing today with acid control?

back later for more personals

JulesMarion 02-02-2019 07:35 PM

The past week I’ve had a horrible headache - I figured it was stress with little one having surgery. Finally went to doc and apparently the cold I have had (mild) turned into a migraine and then left me with a sinus infection. I got some antibiotics and hopefully will feel better soon. I have felt terrible this week and just miss feeling good! I pretty much slept 3 days of the week!

Weekend Boater 02-02-2019 08:20 PM

Hi everyone :wave: I am sorry for posting late, I was sticking badly this morning and couldn't get a post out but did read them all. Happy weekend to you all!

Jules, I am so glad that things went well with you DD surgery, what a relief it must be for you. I am sorry to hear of your headaches though and hope you feel better. I hope that you get a chance to rest a bit and catch up with your rest, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Larry, good to see you and great on your tests being good!

Rachel, I did see your post and wanted to say thanks! : ) I am sorry to hear about your back being sore and oh yes a bad mattress can do that! They can be expensive I know but the torment they can put us through when old or just not right , etc. is not worth it. You do so great with your workouts and all that you do, don't let that bad matress get you! feel better and keep us posted please.

Nancy, 15,000 steps! wtg! congrats on your steps..you have been doing great with your activity and workout and as I said yesterday, you inspired me to go on the WII! Hang in there, could just be sodium. Retail therapy sounds good, wish you were closer so I could go with you! lol Enjoy it and have a great weekend : )

Flower, I hope that your tummy feels better. I checked the weather here and we will be out of that deep freeze when you visit....no more single digits! How long are you staying?

Diana, that is awesome about your steps!!

Welcome to all those just joined in and looking forward to getting to know you all.

ceicei, we are warming up here too, thank goodness! lol

As for me, things are going well. I had baked haddock tonight..something I had missed as I eat a lot of chicken. I do need to focus on drinking my water more at night though as I slacked off again. I hope that you all have a great night and may we awaken to a good new day tomorrow!

Jen, how are you feeling? I so hope you feel better.

Catch you all soon, happy weekend! : )

Diana3271 02-02-2019 10:07 PM

Hi Everyone! https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Jules Marion I hope you feel better soon.

Weekend Boater I eat a lot of chicken, too. Sometimes I think I am going to sprout feathers. LOL

nancylmrn What did you shop for today?

Total 1705 Approx calories + https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif

Breakfast ( 260 https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...ges/coffee.gif)
2 siggi's vanilla yogurt 220 calories
chia seeds 60 calories
coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (470 calories)
chick-fil-a market salad w/bhf's ranch 420 calories
iced coffee from home 50 calories

Dinner (975 calories)
beef roast 400 calories
carrots/potatoes 200 calories
yellow squash/zucchini 75 calories
shared cake slice w/DH 300 calories

Exercise
45 minute outdoor walk & 10,000 steps

Have a Blessed evening!

Weekend Boater 02-02-2019 10:29 PM

LOL Diana :) :turkey: < that's me sprouting feathers, a crazy one at that! lol good one!

Nancy, you asked me the other day what is up in my world! I chuckled when I saw that! I thought omg she is going to regret asking me that and end up with a book! lol

I will try to keep it brief for now but when I left here we had that move as you guys may recall. It was a big move! My realtor and I exchanged 1,000 emails! When we got here, there was a n ice one or two month period where we just enjoyed being back in our hometown and then bam! THe builing and construction started and all the remodeling and plans. I don't want to sound like a spoiled brat, I know there was a lot to be thankful for but building and doing al lthat can also be very stressful! The conractors were straight out, our yard was a minefield , and there were people here every day. I honestly don't know how DH did it all! I did escape and go walking on the shore a lot, well until July when the greenheads came! lol We are moving forward and the project is moving forward but as some of you may know these things can take more money and time then planned, as well as aggravations! We promised to take this summer off! Just small stuff! We still have a lot to do but heck, we really could use a break and plan to take it easy this summer.

With all that being said, I am really glad to be back and so thankful you guys are still here! I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend! Tomorrow is a new day for all of us, let's keep it going!

flower123 02-03-2019 12:52 AM

Hi everyone
I took Thursday and friday off. Just was feeling dejected with the lack of loss. Finally the scale did drop .4. Have remained strict with food. Low calories and carbs. But not so low as to cause weakness for me, which it does when I go extremely low.

Already on page three and its only Feb 2nd. Lots of good activity here.

JulesMarion I am so glad to read that your little one did well with the surgery, after the upset and disorientated feelings subsided. Whew, what a relief I am sure. Really sorry to read about the migraine and sinus infection. I hope you are feeling much better today :hug: I hope your daughter is doing well recovering from the surgery

Ghost hi and welcome. I have not heard about Saxenda. But glad that you have had great success with phentermine. Congratulations on the loss you have had in a year. WTG !!!

Frustrated hi and welcome.

Diana congrats on the .6 loss !! And congrats on the average of 9;822 steps per day for the month. That is absolutely amazing. Great work!! Re Zantac, maybe thats one I did not try. I know PPI's do not work well for me. Seems years ago I tried Zantac. I chug Slippery Elm Root every day. An herbalist friend who had the local herb shop told me that SE does not work as well if heated. It should be put in a jar with room temp water added. And then shaken. It will expand. I usually get the powder from an herbalist. But this time I got it from the bulk section of the local coop. Distributed by Frontier.

Rachel congrats on the 1.5 loss and being back in the 150s.

Nancylmrn so sorry about that gain. Sometimes these fluctuations make no sense at all:( Showing a loss seems to be a theme here at the beginning of February. I stand in deep admiration of your determination to hit the gym so early in the morning. re coffee and acid, there is a place in MI that sells very low acid coffee. And it tastes great. It does not harm my stomach as regular coffee does. I get it through mail order. Mainly decaf. which is 5.8 pH. I love the company. You amaze me with walking laps as you do, even in the rain.

Ciecie great that your order from Sears arrived early.

Larry, Thats a long wait for path report for your DW. Sorry its taking so long. Glad your bloodwork looked so good. Cholesterol and all. amazing how that works even though you are on a high fat diet. You surely did find the right diet for you.

NancyJames welcome. Great to meet you. The only way to know to truly accelerate the weight loss process, is low carb and low calories. Some people do the Zero carb diet which works well for them. Others swear by the intermittent fasting diet. The only thing I do is low carbs and low calories. I know you will find which way works best for you.

jojo welcome. Finding a buddy sounds great. And hopefully this thread community will help until then, or in addition. BTW, I am 7 years older than you. So I hope that makes you feel a bit younger :)

Weekend Boater Ouch re all the renovations.That can be very difficult to live with, day in and out for months on end. Are you actully living there while renovations are going on? I honestly cannot imagine going through major renovations for extended period of time. I didnt know you are living on the north shore. My mom grew up there. Her sister lived there all her life. As did her mom. I have a cousin who still lives there. Great place to live. BTW, I too have a lot of resistance to drinking water. I do better with lemon water with org. stevia added. But honestly I barely drink that. Maybe all who are interested could do a water challenge.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Al caught up. So, I did finally see a .4 drop. Tonight I wondered if the person who tested me did so for Thyroid. I tried to call her. But she had company. No time to go to MD for bloodwork before I go to Boston. But I have an apt with my MD toward the end of the month. She books three months in advance. Popular doctor. And she cut back her hours. Naturopath is away. So I am saying a prayer that the other woman can test me tomorrow.

Friday and Saturday's calories were about the same. Today i added in a small salad. And made the second salad smaller than normal. eg 3/4 oz low fat feta per salad. Instead of 1.5 oz in one salad.
Saturday
Coffee 200
Baked cheese bites 340 / 1 carb
Salad 120
Salad 150
chicken with cabbage and cucumber 200
1010 calories for day

I hope everyone has an awesome Sunday!

Rachel1234 02-03-2019 06:01 AM

Good morning

Well, it's Sunday, and I really like Sundays. Church, then family time, usually playing scrabble:D

Did well on my yesterday's goals, except for getting weights lifted!! I have to go into town to do this & simply chose to stay at home yesterday! I need a little kick in the rear end to get me going:kickbutt: Will put weightlifting :lifter: on my Monday plan.

Today's plan: 1500 calories, 2 liters water, fiber.

Thank you to WeekendBoater and flower123, for your encouraging words:hug:

Diana3271 02-03-2019 07:26 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ima...iles/wavey.gif

Last night: Full Body Stretch
This Morning: Oxycise

The scale is not my friend this morning. :lol: I think I had a gain last Saturday, too. I would have to go back to look but I don't have time. Anyways, I think I don't get enough water on the weekends and I cook us a hearty dinner. I probably need to try upping the water on Saturday and see if that combats the sodium. I cook how DH wants his food prepared and he eats more salt than I do. It tastes good to me but it's just too much and I'm too sensitive.

Calories for yesterday: 1705 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 186.2
Up: 1 pound

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

February 3

Jude 24
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.

There was a girl by the name of Jennifer who was always getting herself into trouble because she couldn't say no. She had absolutely no resistance to any temptation. Then she met Beth. Beth was able to be a voice of reason and common sense for Jennifer. Jennifer knew that if she was tempted, Beth would get her through. Jesus Christ can be to us what Beth was to Jennifer; He can be our voice of reason. Whenever we feel ourselves being tempted, we need to turn toward Him. He is able to keep us from falling. When we find ourselves too weak to handle a situation, we can rest assured that Jesus is indeed strong enough.

Today's thought: Jesus can keep me on the right track!

momwannabe 02-03-2019 09:42 AM

Needing accountability

Hi everyone. What do they say in the movies? I'm baaa-ack. :) So I'm at the point where I know I need to do something about my weight, I really want to do something about my weight, I'm going to do something about my weight... Right after that bag of chips. I know, I'm just a little bit pathetic! But you all sound marvellous and I'm hoping the accountability helps me to ignore the very loud call of the bag of chips. I'm a single mom of a four year old, so getting out of the house to exercise isn't possible (except the walks I take with munchkin which aren't really exercise in much other than patience), but (and here's where I feel I may salvage some pride) I have started doing a bit of cardio most evenings in my living room using a small stool /step. Yes, yes, it's only about 12 mins a night, but the sweat /heavy breathing combo makes me think it must be doing something! So now just to get the sugar intake down. I hope letting you all know how it's going will help! Oh, I weigh about 81kgs at this stage. Shocker!!! Right, onwards and upwards.

ciecie 02-03-2019 09:56 AM

good morning! i'll have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. :D

nancylmrn 02-03-2019 11:12 AM

Good morning to all
WI still up no change 169.6, I did not get my steps in yesterday and choose to take a 1.5 nap instead LOL calories though were under 1500 and today's meals are planned but not logged yet.
Oh hey Larry I ordered two silicone molds for my IP to make sous vide bites. I have made them with my sous vide wand before but it really is a lot of trouble to put the egg mixture into jars then in the water bath. I love to prep/make breakfast ahead of time that way I can crab-n-go. They say you can freeze them but I am thinking that the texture would be off when you re-heat them....Has anyone else tried to freeze them???????

Welcome back momwannabe!!
Oh my stars Weekend :hug: :D I am so glad that is sounds like life has settled down some for you but geez I am so glad you have stayed (I hope) sane :rofl: You need a vacation....come out west and visit. What are greenheads?

Ok back later I hear some eggs cooking and I can't let DH continue to in the kitchen that just spells ---smoke alarm---

ciecie 02-03-2019 11:37 AM

welcome back momwannabe! :D