Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-22-2016, 06:11 AM   #316  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

Looks like winter is here, bummer, oh well, only 120 some days until spring
178.8 this more, kind of holding here, maybe can push a little harder after thanksgiving.

Hope everyone has a great holiday, if you celebrate.

Diana hope you had a nice anniversary! Are you doing your regular Thanksgiving. My parents are supposed to come up, but the weather might cancel that. I'll see them the weekend of the 10th, so not so bad, just a shame, last week would have been great for traveling.

Hope everyone has a great day sorry for slacking off on posting
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:43 AM   #317  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Teri000 - I can totally understand how you feel. I was very close to skipping my workout yesterday. I've felt very unmotivated; perhaps it's the weather, or perhaps I need to do something (i don't know what) to make myself feel fresh and new. As for in-house workouts, look into some of the Beachbody programs. Good luck.

Today we have a huge Blood Bank midterm and the class is getting pizza.. I'm having Shakeo for breakfast, some pizza for lunch, and hopefully a large green salad for dinner.
I also plan to get my workout in: Focus T25 Dynamic Core.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 11-22-2016 at 06:46 AM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:47 AM   #318  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1355 +
Weigh In: 174
Down: .8

FYML Great job on the steps!

Lisaloveshearts I hope the dental issue gets resolved quickly. Feel better soon.

CoolMom Good job posting. It's so easy to get frustrated and not come back after one little thing. Today is a new day to keep trying.

Teri There are so many workout options for indoor exercising. I am a cold natured person. Sometimes, in my office, I will even get up from my desk and start moving around, jumping, etc to bring up my temperature. The movement get me warmer than even putting on a jacket.

Kelijpa How far does your parents live from you? I thought the family was pretty close to you. Are you doing Thanksgiving? We made reservations. Yes, that's our regular Thanksgiving. It's just the two of us. This is where we will be eating. We are not staying here, we are coming back home and will just drive there for the day: http://www.marinainnatgrandedunes.com/ This is their Thanksgiving menu: http://www.marinainnatgrandedunes.co...elebration.pdf

EmilyLarnder Good luck with the pizza lunch.

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-22-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:49 AM   #319  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies

Scotsgal - WOW, I'm glad you managed to escape the yellow jacket and it does sound like you got a workout just dodging it. Glad you were able to avoid being stung!

lisaloveshearts - I hope you get relief from your tooth today. That's not a fun situation.

FYML - Glad you had a successful day yesterday.

Thanks everyone for the congrats on the dress. It is always so exciting when you fit clothes that were too small.

The scale finally dropped down to 207.8 today. Hopefully, it will go down a bit more before I leave on Saturday.

Today's Log

B: 80 cal pack of Arla Dofino Havarti cheese, blackberries, grapes, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Lean Cuisine spaghetti & meat sauce, 2 Dove Dark Choc
S: banana,
D: TBD
Exercise Walked 50 mins

Last edited by GettinFit; 11-22-2016 at 01:59 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 09:14 AM   #320  

Diana That looks so nice & peaceful! OOOh the a menu! Lots of choices Is it a long drive?

Teri Sending you You're fighting the good fight! Is there anyway to have a winter garden, or indoor garden? (This is from someone who doesn't live in a cold winter climate )

lisaloveshearts Hope by the time you read this, your tooth situation is resolved. Good that it happened now instead of Thursday!

Gettinfit Congrats on the drop!

Good luck with that pizza EmilyLarnder! This mantra I learned from JennyCraig, back when they offered classes, has worked well for me, in a class pizza party situation. I sat with my salad and said to myself 'if it's to be it's up to me'. (Back up plan was to drink a ton of water). I still struggle with social eating. I'm following Diana's example to bring my own food, if there is nothing healthy on the menu.

Zoniegirl I've been reading about that same subject, where our thoughts create our reality. Pretty powerful stuff!

kelijpa, MonteCristo, WeekendBoater and Everyone Else I missed!

I gotta get going to hit the grocery store right when it opens...I have an easy assignment to bring Brussel's sprouts (I'll braise them and add something crunchy on top. The only suspense is will they be sold out. Back later!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:01 AM   #321  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!
Personal hello's later today for catch up

This morning woke up and back seems to be a bit better and took a non addictive sleep aid last night which did seem to help some.
Did not get my workout in this am...of all things I messed up our wireless on the TV and can't use it....and my computer screen on my pc is too small, and I am sure I have 15 more excuses but I will not bore you with them.

Felt pretty bloaty this morning and the scale showed it. I examined my meals yesterday and not sure what caused it. Dinner was snow crab legs I had to get out of the shell myself.

so up .8 this am

more later you gals amaze me everyday
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #322  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Personals
Sundove: Good luck at the grocery store!
GettinFit: Awesome job getting the scale to drop!
Diana: WTG being down today.
Emily: Sounds like you got your meal plans down for the day.
kelijpa: Winter is here for us too! Lows have been in the 20s and highs in the 50s. The holidays are here too which means food food and more food. I am being extremely strict until Thursday and then I will restart Friday.
Teri: I’m sure you’ll pick up right where you left off with the exercising. And as for the cold..I don’t know where you live but I think the cold is here to stay for us.
Coolmom: Hope you enjoyed yourself on the beach!
Lisa: Good luck at the dentist hope you get feeling better!

WI: 146.8 (down 1.8 lbs)
GW: 125.0
Calories: 1200
Exercise: Stationary 30 minutes; Walking 10 minutes

Day 2 of checking in. Was down 1.8 lbs..I did very well staying on track yesterday. Been trying to stay busy at work and with my school to stay out of the kitchen …all I keep thinking about is how hungry I am though. Even though I know it’s boredom hunger. I will just keep looking at old pictures of me and hope that is enough motivation to keep me away from food. I hope everyone is doing great and has a great Tuesday!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 11:46 AM   #323  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Completed both leg day and my thanksgiving day lasagnas last night. Didn't finish until around 11pm, but then my feet and legs hurt to much to go to bed. Ended up laying down on the couch with my feet up over the back for an hour or so, then taking a nice hot bath. Feet still hurt...I never remember to wear shoes when I'm doing a major cooking project.

Stayed basically in calories for yesterday, though there were various tastes while cooking that weren't accounted for. But hopefully all the standing around helped...I was at 13K steps for the day.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #324  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

nancylmrn - Sorry about your slight gain. When I eat crab legs I tend to go up a little too. I usually add Old Bay seasoning to them so I thought that might be the culprit. I'm sure you will drop that .8 soon.

MonteCristo - I hope your legs are feeling better.

Nicholsfamily1987 - Congrats on your loss. I hope you can fight off the hunger thoughts. Stay strong.

Today is an unusually slow day at work so I just went up on the track and did a 50 min walk. The weather is a little cool today so it was a great day for a walk.

I hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #325  

Hi everyone, waving to all

I finally get to sit and read and post, an enjoyable part of my day! So far so good here! Week 2, day 2. I marked my calendar with a neon colored star again this morning for yesterday, new week...new color! That fun sort of little reinforce isn't just for children lol

I was very busy and active all day without a problem and boy does it ever feel uplifting to get around and just be active again. I did my tape yesterday but not today (groceries came first) and now resting my legs a bit before preparing tonight's dinner a bit later. Goal is to do the tape a minimum of 4x this week and being active in general.

Diana Ty! : ) I looked up and watched the Jessica Smith tape you had mentioned to me and it looks wonderful!! thanks

Are some of you doing the exercises on the p.c? I prefer the T.V (large screen) as someone else said) I could learn to transfer it, get the D.V.D or hmmm maybe put a larger pc screen on my Christmas wish list!

FYML 16,000 steps! that sounds incredible to me, if it's ok may I ask how you get in all those steps? I am so curious.

You have all inspired me a great deal with the steps and all, DH is transferring his account to me (he doesn't use it right now and he is so active). I am happy and grateful for even taking pain free steps now and I think it will be interesting to see where I am at now (just recently started getting around more) and watch the progress!

lisa I hope you feel better, no need to apologize for not being in the best of moods. We all have our days and moments, life can throw curve balls sometimes and when something is physically ailing us (in and of itself) and or on top of other things it's natural to not be in the "best of moods". Again, I hope you feel better and have an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

Coolmom The beach sure sounds like fun! Hope your having a good new day today.

Teri Those social events can be so trying! Lord only knows how many times I have been derailed by them. I do powerboating on the sea (we used to canoe too on the river but have not in a long time). Being on the sea is my favorite thing in the world (in it and near it too), as soon as we start on the river and then out of the mouth to the sea something happens....the euphoria sets in from the intense beauty and calming effects of the ocean and everything (any worry, heaviness) is just lifted! God I miss it, don't get me going! lol You will all end up with a book here!
I didn't get to go at all last summer as I was laid up and on crutches (housebound pretty much but that is behind me now). I so hear you on the swimming and feeling "refreshed" after! I feel like a million bucks after I swim, dreaming of it and getting ready for it this summer! : ) FLowers are like cats, etc. niceeeee! They each have their own uniqueness, beauty, tastes.......and you can't get enough of them! : )

kelijpa LOL at counting days until spring, I can totally relate! Happy Thanksgiving too! : )

Emily ty, hope you have a great day too.

GettinFit yay on that scale going back down. Saturday is coming right up, you must be so excited. Did you start packing yet? smile

SunDove Thank you so much for sharing that mantra with us! How true is that! As far as bringing your own food, when need be I would love to follow suit too!!! I am at the point right now where I don't give a darn when the looks come, the questioning, snickers even, the "oh but you can have a little" or "it's ok once in a while (down the road yes but not for me yet), the feeling of awkwardness, of afraid of being impolite or offensive! At what cost? so I can derail again, spiral down, be laid up again...NO TY! lol oh my goodness! What a rant! LOL feel free to remind of this when the time comes! lol

nancy Hi nancy, glad your back is better. I feel your back hurting in and of itself is a valid reason. Don't be too hard on yourself, just focus on getting better. It's just so not worth it to get re injured and then longer setbacks. Hope your day is going well.

nichols congrats on the 1.8 lb. loss!

MonteChristo I was barefoot all the time! Now I wear my sneaks (brooks, I am an overpronater) and they really have helped. Took me a solid month to get used to them and just as of this past week or so I wear them all day comfortably. Great on the steps! Yum on that lasagna, I am sure you will have some very happy campers! : )

The time flies! Better get my hiney into the kitchen and start dinner prep. I will come in tonight to post my menu, it's either going to be eggplant lasagna or mini meatloafs. Have a wonderful day everyone and thanks for sharing
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:32 PM   #326  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

hi everyone!!!!!

sorry I've been MIA again! Can't get **** done at work and the audit still hasn't happened...we have temps to help but it's crazy. Everything's in a shambles! LOL I wanted to say hi, though...my weight it holding around 159 for now. I've begun having shakes for breakfast and lunch by a company called 310 and I love them. I also have lemonade that is an appetite suppressant and also slimming detox tea. I really haven't been doing a ton of exercise because I'm just, well I am just TIRED! We walk 3 1/2 miles about 3 times a week at least, so that helps. Too cold and dark for the bikes now. BTW cold for me is 67!

so my menu is very simple during the day!
b - just tea this morning - wasn't hungry for shake
l - 310 shake (made with almond milk and LivFit powder), I also put in half a gingerbread cookie - won't do that again cause it was too thick LOL
snacks - 8 milk duds (I know, right?)

dinner will be filet mignon and brown rice

I'll be back soon!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 11-22-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:34 PM   #327  

Smile November 2016 goals

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd report again today...cause I'm in a better place. Swam 70 laps and food okay today. No major blips. Could eat more variety of veggies...Gosh, I'm tired. Could really use a "pep" pill to perk me up.

Thanks for all the "pixie dust" sent my way. Where there's a will, there's a way to lose weight. Gosh, I'm being quirky. Watched "Say Yes to the Dress" yesterday, and someone had a medieval wedding with the guys dressed as knights, etc. and the bride and bridesmaid all had fairy wings! I think they had a lot of fun...and some older woman dressed up like "Cinderella" in a dress that cost over $20,000 for another wedding. Wow! Her little daughter was mesmerized!

Sundove, I start seedlings indoors, maybe in January on a windowsill, in the basement...if I get it together...Friends of mine grow alpine plants in troughs. I think they leave them outside under an eave or behind a tree next to the house. I have a plant terrarium inside, but I don't do anything with it.

Emily, what is a BloodBank midterm?

Diana, Thanks for your exercise tips. I've got a stability ball and a yoga mat...If I just get out of the chair while I watch tv...I can get something done. I also sometimes exercise while I do other stuff...like waiting for the microwave or brushing my teeth, etc.

I am swamped by Black Friday emails, etc. I wish that the companies that I patronize would permit 1X/wk emails. I am sick of this daily stuff. I am trying not to be vulgar. I wish that the political stuff would come out only once a week. I wish that it was not replayed over and over ad nauseum on tv.

Think that after the New Year, maybe I will exit some "subscriptions" I get, and deliberately watch less tv.

Am almost done reading a book about identity theft.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 06:25 PM   #328  

Hi ladies,

I will try to post again tomorrow with normal weight loss stuff. Tonight though, I just wanted to let you know, I am now -2 teeth. I was in agony this morning when I woke up but I had set my mind to going. The tooth that was causing all my problems was no good and had caused an infection in my gum. It had a crown on it but the tooth underneath was no good so they pulled it. The second tooth was broken but not bothering me but i had them pull it anyway.

Now I just need to heal and gargle with salt water.

Have a great Tuesday night.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:04 PM   #329  

Hi again everyone, quickie post as I am very tired now and want to lay down. I made a big pan of eggplant lasagna, we really enjoyed that and having it tomorrow too!

Menu for the day:
breakfast, missed it
lunch-grilled chicken breast, cucumber
snack-h.b egg
Dinner-eggplant lasagna
snack-? full now, I had more than a serving for dinner

sych girl, nice to meet you.
Terri- glad your in a better place
lisa- wishing you a speedy recovery

Night ladies smile, sleep well. Catch you tomorrow
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:43 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 11/22/16

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well today!

Thank you to everyone who commented on my seminar. It was great and I hope to put some of the principles to work immediately!

I've read all of the wonderful posts and am caught up, but I have no time for personals tonight as I'm on my way out to two meetings. I really enjoy reading all of the details of everyone plans, progress, slips, journeys, etc. I missed posting yesterday so I'll just do a re-cap.

Yesterday - Way over calorie goal, logged everything in MFP. Walked 3.5 miles, burned 350 calories. Steps, 13,644. Water - 80 oz.

Today - calories 1,559; carb 104; fat 74; protein 124; sodium 3,345; sugar 33. Exercise - walked 3.5 miles, burned 350 calories. Steps, 12,093 so far and I'm not done yet! Water - 100 oz.

Hope you all have a great day and thanks for your support!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote