Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2016, 06:15 PM   #421  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone. About to exercise.

So I've been watching everything I eat as well as exercising 6 days a week (except a cheat day maybe once a week where I don't even go too far overboard), and I've lost nothing. nada. zip.
It's been 6 weeks since I Started my exercise program / eating plan.
I am the exact same size.
Plus I feel exhausted allll the time.

This Friday I may get some bloodwork done to check my thyroid hormones, I think I may have a tad of a goiter on the right lobe of my thyroid. If my levels are normal, I am going to get off of my birth control pill. As much as I love choosing when to have my periods and as much as I enjoy a lighter period (mine were always very very heavy and crampy), I might have to temporarily quit my prescription and see how it affects my weight loss journey.

I was on BCP when I was younger as well; I remember it caused me to gain 12 lbs even with going to the gym 2 hours a day, 4 days a week. Once I quit, I lost 6 lbs off the bat. Perhaps due to my genetic predisposition for holding the weight on, maybe I shouldn't be taking birth control.

We will see if I can get an appointment for Friday.
Frustrated and feeling defeated.... Gonna go sweat it out.
---PS, anyone have any experience with Birth Control hormones and weight gain?

Last edited by EmilyLarnder; 11-29-2016 at 06:17 PM.
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #422  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

Syckgirlsfv Good job on your day.

CoolMom Grab a hold of the wagon strap and pull yourself back on. You can do it.

Hannecat Were you able to get your workout in?

EmilyLarnder I'm glad I'm not the only one who counts the days down for the weekend.

WeekendBoater Roasted chicken sounds delish! Leslie had an American Heart Assoc. 3 Mile walk on Comcast at one time. I liked it so much that I bought the DVD.

MonteCristo I hope you feel better. Great job pushing through with your workout.

Lisaloveshearts I'm glad you are feeling better.

EmilyLarnder First off I will say that I am hypothyroid and was diagnosed when I was 25. So I have had it for a long time. I was on BCP's for 20 years. I do feel that it caused me to gain some weight. I can't say how much due to the thyroid issues. My TTOM was so bad that the Dr. prescribed the BCP so that I wouldn't have a break/or TTOM.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:54 PM   #423  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1495 Calories +

Breakfast (400 Calories + coffee)

spritz olive oil in pan
XL egg 80 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
14 g. Organic Valley feta cheese 30 calories
1 T. tomato paste 10 calories
1/2 Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 45 calories
1 T. pumpkin butter 25 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/sugar/stevia blend and cream

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch

Exercise:
KCM's Body Design - Cardio Bootcamp
KCM's Meltdown - Tabata Boxing w/weighted gloves
Old 11-29-2016, 10:29 PM   #424  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Well my calendar buddie's daughter was sick today so I guess we start the days with stars tomorrow!

I have stayed op again so far....in fact if I go back the 7.5 weeks only 2 days have I strayed and that was with alcohol and worth every ounce I may or may not have gained as a result

This morning I was down a 'tad' but sheesh after the 1.4 lb gain for the week anything going south on the scale I will take.

Diana-- can you tell me what oxycise is. I would like to learn more
syckgirlsfy--great news on your scale
coolmom---what can I say?
hannecat--don't stress over your workout
emilylarnder--sorry it is so frustrating right now, I can totally understand
weekendboater--yeah LS walking is fun and easy to follow
margot -- we all have our wine and chocolate days
montecristo---ty ty ty for the link I will order some and try it out. do you know if it comes in smaller sizes?
lisaloveshearts--so glad you are feeling better

I will check in later chicks
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #425  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Calories today: 1954
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:40 PM   #426  

S/C/G: 96/ticker/65

Height: 160cm

Good afternoon, all! I hope you are having a nice day!

It is HOT here, which is uncomfortable but at least it is excellent washing weather; laundry will be dry in no time thanks to the sun

I am reluctant to start a workout now but I will just get the fan going and try to get through the hardest bit; the beginning Muscles feeling achy so I might only do a half hour easy marching workout...maybe more depending on how I feel afterwards.

EmilyLarnder - Wish you all the best with the bloodwork and medication decisions; hopefully your doctor will give you some good advice

Weekend Boater - Congrats on a good day! Now I really feel like some zucchini; I haven't had that one in awhile. Next time I'm at the shops will pick some up I hope that the weather picks up for you; I wish I could send you some of this sun; little too hot here for my liking Have a great day!

Margot - I am sorry to hear things have been difficult for you; I hope that things are better for you now

Diana3271 - Oh yes, I was able to get my workout in, thank you for asking I hope you have a wonderful day!

MonteCristo - I am glad to hear you are feeling much better Congrats on being back at pre-Thanksgiving weight, and maybe a little less. Your movie night plan sounds like a good one! Hehe, never thought of crocheting as adding to activity; happy crocheting! Wish you a great day

Syckgirlsfv - I hope that you have a great day and work goes well

lisaloveshearts - It is good to hear that you are starting to feel better; wish you a nice day
HanneCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:13 AM   #427  

Default November 2016 goals

HELLO, HELLO,

Was bounced out last night...

Hope you all are doing better than me. I will not weigh in for a few days until I get some better control. I am eating too much junk food: sweets and tostadas.

I had a second Thanksgiving. I did not do as well this time. I went back for seconds. I asked for a half a piece of pie, but was given a whole piece...and did not fight it. I don't like when I don't stand up for myself. I give up too easily.

I did have only one frappe this week. Must eat sweets the way I am doing frappes.

Exercise is okay: none Sunday, 60 laps Monday, and 35 Tuesday at the pool.

Summary this month: wt loss--no success, diet--able to limit frappes, need to eat more veggies, exercise--good as usual...could use more diversity. Other: did a lot of gardening, need to do more work on my messes in the house, have lots of goals written out. Overall--I am happy that I found this group.

SyckGirl: Is your favorite show a vampire or zombie show? Some zombie movies were filmed nearby where I live. Once in a while there's a zombie party to honor the filming of these movies. Don't know if they broke a Guniness record.

ScotsGal...I learned about this cool museum in Scotland (on line) that focuses on optical illusions. It looked like it was a lot of fun. I asked a relative about it who visited Europe and they said there's this 3D illusion of people walking in Edinburgh. It sounds neat. When I was young the planetarium had a 3 D pic of a planet. You would try to pick it up...but your fingers went through it.

Have been watching the fires in the Smokies. Very sad. It is a beautiful place to visit.

I too like HBO shows like Westworld. I find the violence disturbing, but they sure know how to put out movies that get you glued to the tv.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:00 AM   #428  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,
Happy end of the month. Dinners at the hunting cabin did me in for end of the month weight loss. I wouldn't trade the memories for a couple pounds. It happens...181.3, on the positive side I had 16 days in the 170s over 14 in the 180s and 0 in the 190s so progress!

Diana

Hope everyone is doing well and has a great day
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:37 AM   #429  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Today's workout: T25 Total Body Circuit (Did this at 5:30 AM )

Breakfast: Choc/Pb/banana Shakeo

Choc Shakeo
3/4 Banana
2 Tbsp PBfit
handful Spinach
water
ice

Lunch: Taco Salad

Turkey taco meat
Green Leaf Lettuce
Spinach
1 Roma tomato
Cucumber
1 Tbsp Salsa
13 Rice Veggie chips

Snack: YummyYogurt
Vanilla triple zero Greek yogurt
--PBfit mixed in, as well as Cinnamon
Blackberries

Dinner: TBD
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:50 AM   #430  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

nancylmrn This is the Oxycise website. I don't necessarily recommend it. I haven't noticed any weight loss from it. I do think it is helpful with lung capacity, although I have been slacking and probably need to go through the instructional again. I do feel that the extra oxygen helps me to wake in the morning. (I don't function well when I first wake ) It might help with stress relief, too. http://www.oxycise.com/

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (sitting)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office 2

Calories for yesterday: 1495 +
Weigh In: 174.6
No Change

Have a wonderful day!
Old 11-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #431  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I was so good last night....I ate my fajita without a tortilla as I planned (chicken and peppers), and then only ate one servings of chips (7). Plus I drank two big bottles of water. I'm super proud of myself! 1417 calories for the day.

Syckgirlsfv - Yay for scale dropping!

WeekendBoater - Egg muffins sound delicious, I should make me some. I've been super lazy with breakfast lately....I either skip it or grab something on the go, neither of which is really the best choice. I hear lots of good things about the Leslie Sansone walking videos, glad it is working out for you.

Lisaloveshearts - Glad you are feeling a bit better today.

Emily - Sorry, no experience with BCP here...but I know they can really effect people differently. But thyroids can definitely effect weight loss too. You've probably already mentioned it, but what exactly is your eating plan? Maybe it isn't right for you, everyone is different, different plans work better for different people.

Diana - That oxycise website looks interesting. I could do with some extra lung capacity...Thanks!

Nancy - I think you can get 1lb protein pouches (the big one is 3lb), but I don't know if it is available for all flavors. Only two little slips in 7.5 weeks is really good, keep up the great work!

CoolMom - Keep on counting, you are getting there!

HanneCat - Yeah, I didn't think it would count either...I've noticed that it counts when folding laundry, but that involves a lot more movement, so I was ok with it adding on. But crochet doesn't use much more energy than playing games on a phone. I haven't really noticed it adding up with piano or guitar either...maybe I need to tell the company so they can work on updating it to be more accurate...for all those crazy crocheters out there.

Teri - Yeah, violence is a bit much, the last two episodes I had to watch through my fingers because of all the knife work. But I really curious to see how the story plays out. We were joking last night about what the calls for extras must sound like....

Kelijpa - That's a great way to look at progress. Next month will be even better.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 11-30-2016 at 08:46 AM.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:46 AM   #432  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Sundove We seem to be in similar situations. My low was too low, too. People are always congratulating me for keeping the weight off. It all feels like such a lie and that I am living a lie. People make it sound so easy and nonchalant, when every day is some sort of battle. I also feel that I can teeter toward binging. I don't think I had that issue before or it wasn't as much of a problem. I just overate back then. I have heard a lot of people say that the dieting makes you more prone to binging. I don't like the word binging but, it is what it is, and that is my tendency with off plan days. My goal is to get that under control.
Thank-you Diana! This comment has kept me in a good state of mind the past week, not as much drama as previous holidays. As many many others have posted, you demonstrate day by day that maintenance is possible while living a real life, with all of the things that come up to beckon back to old habits.

Everyone! Look forward to catching up.

MonteCristo WTG!

kelijpa Your holiday sounds wonderful. Congrats on your accomplishments for November!

Hannecat

Looking forward to the challenge of sticking to my no-sugar, no refined carbs goal through December. Bring it on!!!

Last edited by Sundove; 11-30-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:40 AM   #433  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Dang!! I blinked again, so many nice people on here and I can't keep up.

Thank you everyone for such kind comments, the scale just keeps shifting just now so I must be doing something correct. I am 281.6 which means I am 40.4 lbs off I am also just 1.6 lbs away from smashing that first big goal of mine.

Im just popping my head in because my niece is back in hospital

Must go.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:03 AM   #434  

Scotsgal Congratulations! Sending healing thoughts for your niece.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #435  
Trying to live below 200

Getting us started for the new month! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ml#post5288454