Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-12-2016, 07:16 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 252/223/165

Height: 5.9 / 175cm

Hi Everyone, thank you for the welcomes.

Diana Congrats on getting through the dinner. Social events are always tricky.

GettinFit Your event sound fun!

Zoniegirl You are right! Mini plans are the way. My first goal is 10kg, I might cut that in half. Also, I agree that compliments are fantastic. They always make my day.

MonteCristo Accountants FTW

About today:

I weighed myself this morning and loss 1.1kg. Yay.

Breakfast
Two eggs, 10 grams of spinach and 2 cherry tomatos.

Lunch
One small steak (143 grams weighed raw), 40 grams of broccoli, 30 grams of bell peppers, and 5 grams of sour cream.

Dinner
I will have some tilapia.

Today was a hard day. I started great, 30 minutes in the elliptical plus lower body training. After I came home I was so restless. I am daydreaming about cookies, brownies, and ice cream. I texted my nutritionist and she told me to stay strong and told me that if things get bad, I should prepare a avocado cocoa mousse (yuk).

DH bought movie tickets for 9:30 pm, this will be a test: movies without popcorn and M&Ms.. wish me luck
Margot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #182  

Margot Welcome to the checkin! Sending you I hope it's a really good movie that makes you forget about those temptations!

Diana I loved your description of this whole thing about managing occasions & social eating. It fits me too. Congratualtions for sticking what you know works. I really don't think most people care about what others are doing. They're too busy trying to make sure they themselves fit in. Or they wish they were taking better care of their health too.

Having said that, I had a bad day of eating. It was nothing more than lack of preparation. I had a bird hike in the am, and something in the pm. I had a protein shake & skipped breakfast. There was no place to buy food, and I ended up with a huge headache and getting really grouchy. And a sinus cold didn't help. So it was a Mexican takeout, not fast food but agonizingly slow, made to order. I had chicken tacos and ate only the meat. A small serving of guacamole, hold the chips. But they didn't hold the chips. The day went downhill from there. My inner junkie will use any excuse to go off the wagon....today it was the election, my sinus cold, my too-long-between-meals-the chips-made-me-do-it. Oh and did I mention it got dark an hour early

Last edited by Sundove; 11-12-2016 at 10:14 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:30 PM   #183  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Was a good day for the most part, my sciatica started to act up while I was driving, pain down my right leg into my calf. I had to pull over and have DH drive. This is a reoccurring problem since a trip last month when I spent too much time in a car without stopping to walk. So this evening some essential oil to my back then rest.

breakfast, 3eggs, bacon, flaxseed meal
lunch, roast beef, cheese pepper and onion ( a philly sandwich without the bread)
dinner, huge salad at pizza place--no pizza or bread sticks for me
snack, celery stick with cream cheese, mud slide

1199 cal, 12.7 carb 89 fat, 70 protein
6666 steps
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #184  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Picking up from this morning:

Sundove Gosh, I have had those days. One little thing sets off an avalanche, and then it really goes down hill. For me those times are really mental. You can start off in a good place and thinking you got the whole thing under control. Your calories probably weren't that bad but it left you feeling not so good about the whole day. Tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity to work on it again.

Margot
Enjoy the movie. I know it's not the same, but I have bought a bag of plain popcorn at the store and took it in the movie with me. (or you can air pop it) Take it in in a large bag/purse. If they ask, tell them you have a food allergy.

Zoniegirl Sounds like a fun night.

Nancylmrn Great job breaking into the 170's!

Flower Enjoy the dinner. You are right, DH has never had issues with my weight. We have looked back at pictures and he never realized I was that big.

Gettinfit Enjoy your evening! Sounds fun! Do you dress the part?

Waving HI all around!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 10:46 PM   #185  
Trying to live below 200

Total Approx 1470 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (400 calories)
Omelette made with:
2 large eggs 140 calories
chicken sausage 110 calories
300g. Mediterranean Blend Veggies 90 calories
cheese 60 calories

At service and when I got home 150 calories
2 iced coffees my usual way 100 calories
carrots 50 calories

Dinner (660 calories)
Amy's organic mushroom risotto 240 calories
asparagus 50 calories
boiled shrimp 200 calories
Vanilla Greek yogurt blueberry parfait 170 calories

Exercise
50 minute outdoor walk
Old 11-13-2016, 01:06 AM   #186  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Calories today: 1078
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:46 AM   #187  

Unhappy November goals 2016

Ugh! I am still going in the wrong direction...

Went to two food tastings yesterday. I selected the smallest amounts of food from the tastings. And ate a tostada at Taco Bell, and a caramel frappe...Two so far this week. And bought some sour dough bread...And I ate some ramen noodles with curry sauce.

Good news is that I washed the car yesterday and I swam 60 laps.

And tonight I just ate an orange and am feeling very thirty, I mean THIRSTY, so I will drink some water...Gee, I have forgotten what it feels like to be thirty...

I've been back editing some goals that I had typed in memos on my computer. I have ALOT I would like to accomplish, if I can garner the energy.

Oh, I used the food mover two days ago...was away most of yesterday...and forgot to take it along.

218/214/211.1/215.4/209
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:35 AM   #188  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: 10 Minute Stretch from Jessica Smith's 10 Minute mix

Calories for yesterday: 1470 +
Weigh In: 172
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Old 11-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #189  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good Sunday morning everyone.

Diana glad your event was a success.

Terri great job on balancing out your eating for the day.

I hope everyone else is having a great day

My 20s event was a lot of fun. Dressing up was fun and I ate very good. I had 1/2 piece white fish, broccoli, tiny bit of mashed potatoes, roll, 1 mini spring roll, 1 glass merlot. I avoided the dessert table and I did lots of dancing.

Today's weight was 208.8

B: 2 slices cinnamon bread with 1 tbsp peanut butter.
L: Rotisserie chicken, broccoli w/1 so melted Velveta cheese, 2 Dove Dark Chocolate
D: Salad w/chicken breast, Light dressing 100 Cal Great Value Ice cream cup
S: 1 serv cashews, grapes, Menos
Exercise: Rest day

Last edited by GettinFit; 11-14-2016 at 06:21 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:47 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 246/see ticker/160 or less

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default 11/13/16

Hi everyone, hope you are having a good weekend!

Nancy - Congrats on your loss and your exercise for the week! Great job on your choices while eating out. Hope your sciatica feels better soon.

Flower - I hope your dinner party went well.

GettinFit - It sounds like your 20s party was a lot of fun and a great success! Great job with your moderation.

Diana - Sounds like you did wonderfully at the service/dinner. WTG and congrats on your loss!

Margot - Congrats on your loss and exercise! I have the same issue with the movies as popcorn WITH movie theatre butter was an ingrained habit for me. I've broken the habit by sneaking in my own on plan food. That seems to do the trick. Good luck and hope you enjoy the movie!

Sundove - I'm sorry you had a bad day. But, I'm glad your hip is feeling strong enough for a hike. That's great news! Sending you will power dust!

CoolMom - Great job on your calories.

Teri - I'm glad you are checking in. Good job exercising, too! Sending you will power dust!

Greetings and support to everyone I missed!

Plan for today - 1,196; carb 84; fat 46; protein 117; sodium 2,716; sugar 43.

Exercise - none, recovery day.

Doing well now. Have been back on plan since Friday. Scale is cooperating. Am getting ready to go to church and then to one of my meet ups today. Then, maybe watching my Netflix and relaxing.

Water - 100 oz.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Zoniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Pretty good weekend so far. Stayed on plan with calories, got a lot of movement in while working. Down to 214.6!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 12:24 PM   #192  

Thanks Zoniegirl! Thanks for pointing that out about my hip! The massage therapy is expensive and i keep thinking I'll stop, but I realize I am getting good results. Today is another hike, on slippery wet intertidal. Yesterday was all flat ground and good trails.
WTG getting back on plan. I think that's the key, just keep getting back on plan so that slips do not become long detours. You day sounds nice & relaxing.

flower123

Enjoy the weekend all!
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 07:13 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 252/223/165

Height: 5.9 / 175cm

Hi Sundove, thank you for the welcome. I can relate to what you went through.
nancylmrn that sounds painful. Have you heard of arnica oil? My Chiropractor recommender and I love it! Good job with your diet!!
CoolMom75 your calorie intake is an inspiration.
Teri000 Great job with your swimming.
GettinFit I wish I could behave like you on social gatherings.
Zoniegirl Thanks for the tip, I'll take some snacks next time. What do you like to watch on Netlflix? I'm currently addicted to The Crown and looking forward to Gilmore Girls.
MonteCristo Congrats on the loss!
Diana3271Do you like the DVD? I need to stretch more.

My Sunday:

Today wasn't a good day. I woke up and the scale read 242. One pound less than yesterday and belo the 110kg mark. During a very low cal, low carb breakfast, DH started complaining that he was hungry, that we deserved a 'free' meal, he went on and on on how we are french, and how eating croissants are part of are national identity ( I laughed at this). I don't know if it was his rant, or if it was me, but I began freaking out about food. We have to unrestricted (I hate the term cheat) meals coming up, on his Birthday and December 25th. and he said that we should have one today... I said ok, thinking of the chocolate I would eat, and while he was at the shower my willpower kicked in (yay) and I began preparing a zucchini pasta with chicken and mushrooms. I added more cheese that our daily allowance (bad) but I think it was a necessary evil. We ate and watched some tv. I noticed that one of my earrings were missing and couldn't find them anywhere. I still need to clean up the Roomba, hopefully it will be inside. This food drama + earring just ruined my day, I felt very tired and didn't exercise at all.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Margot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:42 PM   #194  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Margot Sorry about your day. I hope you can find the earring. I liked the stretch section. I haven't done the whole DVD so I can't comment about the rest of it. My favorite stretch DVD is Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners: https://www.amazon.com/Total-Stretch...webb%27s+total (BTW: I do this one just about every day but I call it a different name ) It has three ten minute stretches and one 30 minute stretch. The 10 minute routines are standing, sitting, and floor.

Total Approx 1310 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (600 calories)

Salad w/roasted chicken & BHF's ranch 470 calories
iced coffee 50 calories
small apple 80 calories

Dinner (450 calories) the omelette was absolutely delish!
omelette made with 2 eggs, shrimp, onions, peppers, bacon for seasoning, cheese 450 calories

Exercise:
Jari Love Get Ripped 1000 w/5's, 10's & 15's

Last edited by Diana3271; 11-13-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:58 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 275/246/175

Height: 5'3 .5"

Smile A newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie trying to learn my way around the site. I love what I'm seeing. Lots of support it seems.
275/246/175
alviescleo is offline   Reply With Quote