Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-21-2016, 10:45 AM   #301  

Good morning everyone

Hope we all get the first day to our new week off to a good start. Diana, I totally screwed up her name, sorry! It is Kendra Kemerly under fitness categories and then the walking tab. Glad you got your stuff done and can have some free time next weekend.

Zonie, thanks for sharing with us about the seminar, I was curious how that went. It sounds like it was really good, wtg on all you said!

Monte Cristo, honestly..if I stopped after one of those cheeseballs I would consider myself a dynamo! lol : ) Sorry the bread did not come out as you had planned, the doggie must be happy though! lol

A big hello to CoolMom, Sundove, FYML (super steps! good luck with your weigh in on Sat), nancy (good luck with your goal at WI as well), Snapple, and to everyone else out there! Wishing you all a successful and good day.

As for me, yesterday I was OP with the plan, snacks ended up consisting of cauliflower, h.b egg, s.f cherry jello, and 5 cashews! Yes, I dipped into the can lol but was proud of myself for halting at the 5.

Onto a new day! I have to run and make a few calls, etc...I will check back in later on with menu etc. Have a great day
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #302  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Monday morning weigh in same as I have been for 2 days so steady as she goes(?) well nothing actually went but then again nothing to add on.

When talking to my sister on Saturday (retail therapy day) I told her about my eating and doing the low carb (Atkins) she was proud of me and now is adjusting her Thanksgiving menu to include ceasar salad and broccoli for me! So I can bypass the potatoes and gravy, rolls etc. Desert I will bring one of my 'mudslides' to eat while others are eating pie. (I actually am not a pie fan) My downfall comes from pre meal snacking. Veggie tray to the rescue! I think I will get by
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:35 AM   #303  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone

I hope your Monday is going well.

Zoniegirl - Your seminar sounds interesting. I wish you much success on applying the info to you.

Scotsgal - I hope you are able to stick to your plan today. Stay strong

Weekend boater - Thanks for rooting for me

Diana - I hope you recovered from being awaken yesterday morning. I hate when that happens.

All is going good with me. Today is pretty quite for me at work as most of my team are out of the office this week and I love it. I'll be leaving early so that I can go get in a nice long walk before dark. My weight seems to be stuck at 208 but I know that it will eventually go down if I keep doing what I'm doing. I was hoping to be at 205 before I leave for vacation but if I don't make it I'm okay with that. I do have a NSV - I have a really cute red dress that I wanted to wear for one of the formal nights and at the first of Oct it didn't fit. I tried it on over the weekend and it fits perfectly so I'll get to wear it. I'm a happy camper now even if the scale is stuck.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful OP Monday!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #304  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Forgot to post my log for today:

B: - Greek yogurt, large cappuccino, grapes, blackberries,
L: - Salad w/feta, 1 pkt Ken's Fat Free Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing, 2 oz shrimp, 2 pcs Dove Dark Chocolate
S: - Serving of mixed nuts & dried fruit, tea
D: - 2/3 C Pasta, marinara, spinach, 1 tbsp ricotta cheese, 1 WW Brownie
Exercise: Walk
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #305  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Today has been good, I got up at 9:30 after getting to bed at about 1am after visiting some friends and their new baby. I had:
Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, one sandwich thin, 6g of ketchup and a cup of tea
Lunch: Chunky Chicken Soup, One sandwich thin, 100g or cold cuts.
Dinner: (will be) Prawns, lemon rice, Sweet and Sour SAuce, veggies
Snacks: Hotchocolate

It will be high carbs today, but the house hasn't quite got its heat back after leaving it for a week to get all frosty i needed the soup.

cal: 1159 + possibly another cup of tea.

Monte Well done on the loss!!!

Diana I make lists all the time, but I never stick to them I only stick to the lists according to the housework and weightloss tracking. I need to start trying more.

Zonie That is really interesting, when my friends and family ask me what I am looking for in a guy I say I don't really know, just someone who is nice and funny and is ambitious and adventurous, but then I am soooo picky with the guys who meet these traits. I think I am punching too high above my weight

Sundove Stay Strong!!!!

Weekend Thank you I try and catch my gains asap so I can start to work on fixing them straight away. Your snacks sound awesome! Cherry Jelo...... I don't think cherry is a popular flavour over here, Ill be on the hunt though, that sounds great!

Nancy That's great that she will adjust it to suit you, not all people would be as accommodating. I am not a pie fan either, well I like the Pie part, but I am not a fan of cooked fruit I always end up with the vanilla ice cream while everyone diggs into desert.

Gettinfit Today I have stayed on plan except for my 15 minute walk, I got distracted by being chased around my house by a yellow jacket. They have been living in my neighbours sandstone wall all summer and they always end up in my front porch between two doors. Its 28of and these buggers are still alive!!! Also to note I am highly allergic to the stings so I'd like to think I worked out a little while trying to vacuum the bugger that got into my house and chased me around. Rest of plans have been on point.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 12:33 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Personals -
Gettinfit: Awesome job with your dress fitting!
Nancy: Better steady than going up. I’m sure you’ll drop in no time.
Weekend Boater: Your snacks sound super healthy.. I need to get on that track. When I think of snack I think of chocolate and cookies!
Sundove: Sounds like you have a good plan for Thanksgiving! Hope you still indulge a little 
Monte: You sound like me. At this point I have screwed up so much and I plan on being EXTREMELY strict Monday – Wednesday. I have been doing great with my workouts but if I can maintain until after Thanksgiving I will call it success.
Snapple: Enjoy your soup!
Nancy: a loss is still a loss and in my opinion a slow loss is better than a fast loss at times.
FYML: I’m sure you’ll make your goal! WTG continuing to lose weight!

Thank you all for all the wonderful comments!
WI: 148.6
GW: 125
Calories: 810 (This includes breakfast lunch and dinner I have 310 calories left to meet my 1200)
Exercise: 35 minutes stationary; 20 minutes walk

Yay for it being a 3 day work week. Does anyone else have their Christmas stuff up or is it just me? Everyone has been making fun of me because I’ve had it up for a week and a half now. TOM truly got me down this month. It has been a crazy month and with the eating holidays coming up such as Thanksgiving and Christmas it could possibly get crazier. (Only if I let it) But for now I have to remember the whole reason I wanted to lose weight to begin with and not let all this weight plus more creep back up on me which it tends to do fast. But being on here makes me accountable. It doesn’t help that right now is our downtown and we don’t have a lot going on so where are at home a lot more. I hope everyone is doing well! I will be back tomorrow to check in!
Nicholsfamily1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:44 PM   #307  

Hi again It's so nice to come in and read everyone's news.

Checking in with my menu now that I did my exercise!

*Breakfast-small piece of jones f.f ham ( I give the kitty some as a positive reinforcement after she lets me rub her medication on her inner ear, she loves it! : ).
*lunch-grilled chicken breast (squirt of lemon, pepper), and mashed cauliflower. ( I was satiated after the chicken and had to push myself a bit to have the cauliflower- I didn't like the aftertaste of that).
*snack-w.w mozzarella string cheese
*Dinner-3 egg omelette (pam spray, slice of w.w cheese in center, sprinkle of f.f cheddar in egg mix and on top of omelette)
-2 slices center cut bacon
*snack-s.f cherry jello

I talked to DH earlier and he lost 6lbs! He told me that the pre made snacks is what is really helping him, he eats his egg etc. and grabs the zip lock baggie snacks for work and get this! He had the same dinner with me for 3 of the nights (roast chicken, and chicken kabob 2 nights) the other 4 nights consisted of grilled swordfish 2 nights, and filet mignon 2 night- I don't like either).

As for my weight, I am feeling and seeing a difference although as stated earlier staying off the scale (I tend to sometimes get obsessive over it, the numbers, fluctuations, etc) Down the road I plan to do WI 1x week.

nancy steady always meant a good thing for me, frustrating if it went for days but then I would be surprised by a nice sudden drop when I just stuck with it! The scale eventually give out. That is so nice that your sis is making those adjustments and being supportive like that, a nice sis

GettingFit A little red dress eh? woot! haha that is awesome! smiling. Whenever the scale got stuck on me the only time it would not go back down is when I got so frustrated I would go off or sidetrack, such a tempermental beast it can be at times! lol Great menu! cappuccino! Yum!

Scotsgal and Nichols family thanks, they have and are helping tremendously! Keeping them in stock in little baggies in fridge has been a savoir! I took them out of the carton and not sure of the brand but when I go to the grocery store to get more tomorrow I will let you know what they are. They come in a little individual 6 packs (refrigerated) and my fave is the layered chocolate and vanilla one! It is delicious and nips a chocolate craving in the bud, took a cue from DH and started topping mine with a squirt of whipped light cream! DH had a hard time believing they were the s.f ones (will give you more nutrient info on them tomorrow).

Scotsgal I had never gotten stung in my life until this past summer by one of those yellowjackets , I have observed that they are more aggressive in end of summer..perhaps to having less of a food source. I woke up in them middle of the night with very sharp burning pain going all the way up my calve for 2-3 hours non stop! I found a sting ont he bottom of my foot and a yellow jacket on my bathroom floor then next morning! I can't imagine having an allergic reaction to them, I hate end of summer when they chase me! All summer I can be out and they don't bother me (and we have a lot of them) but end of summer forget it! Well, it gave you exercise running from it lol

Wishing you all
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:28 PM   #308  
Faith. Family. Fitness.

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone!

Over the weekend, I did T25 Dynamic Core as well as T25 Speed 2.0. I skipped one workout because I was in Pittsburgh all day, helping my friend look for a wedding gown, and I found a very cute bridesmaid dress When I got home I was exhausted from city driving and running around all day.

Today's workout that I will do later: PiYo Sculpt

Breakfast: Shakeo w/ banana and PB
Snack1: Kashi granola bar
Lunch: Veggies & ranch, yogurt w/ blackberries
Snack2: 2 (large) multigrain crackers, baybel cheese and mustard
Dinner: Grilled Chicken Taco Salad!
EmilyLarnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:29 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Weekendboater - I only made one ball, and I ate the whole thing, so I don't think it was much of a victory. If I had made more.... Ah well, it happens. I logged it all, so there is that. I'm trying to get away from having "unlogged" days except for very special occasions. Sydney is enjoying the bread, plus I forgot to buy dog biscuits, lol.

Nicholsfamily - I don't have my christmas stuff up. Usually shoot for the day after thanksgiving. I'm ready to start now, but I'm too busy with food prep and keeping up with my exercise. We should all share pictures at some point.

Scotsgal - Sometimes you just need those carbs. I found I just couldn't lift without them. And soup is so good when you are cold (not that I'd ever pass up on soup!)

GettinFit - Congrats on the NSV! New wardrobe!

Nancy - So glad your sister is being supportive of your diet. That makes things SO much easier.

Sundove - My family would revolt if I brought mashed cauli instead of potatoes. My dad even tries to forbid it in the house, though I just ignore him, lol. I'll be lucky if I even get some vegetables into them.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:55 PM   #310  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

HI Everyone!

Sundove Good job tracking.

FYML Good job sticking with your plan while having so much going on.

Nancylmrn Yay for your sister accommodating your way of eating.

Snapple Have you tried the leg makeup when you have to dress for a special occasion? I have heard of people doing well with it.

MonteCristo Sorry about bread not turning out. I wouldn't even attempt it, so good on you for that. I'm thinking about focusing on cardio until next week, too.

Weekend Boater Good job for yesterday.

Gettinfit Congrats on the dress!

Scotsgal Good job on your day!

Nicholsfamily
Enjoy the Christmas decorations. I only put up a tiny tree. I have a Fall wreath on the door. I am thinking about putting some of the silk poinsettia flowers in there, so I don't have to buy a new Christmas wreath. I also have some Fall mums that are all green since they have already flowered. I was thinking about putting some of the poinsettia flowers in there. That's about it for us. I will probably do it this weekend.

Weekend Boater Congrats to your DH and you!

Emilylarnder Great job on your day and workout.

Waving HI all around! Enjoy your evening!
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #311  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Approx 1355 Calories +

Breakfast (260 calories + )
Organic Valley vanilla Fuel shake 260 calories
coffee w/cream sugar/stevia blend

Lunch (395 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 90 calories
2 slices Applegate Farms Black Forest Ham & lettuce 50 Calories
Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
Greek Yogurt 120 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Salad w/grilled salmon & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
KCM's Cardio Pump combined workouts w/15's
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:35 PM   #312  
FY,ML

S/C/G: 245/179/145

Height: 172cm

Default November 21st

Today was on point. Ate clean and healthy for a total of 933 cals. I did 30 mins of cardio on the treadmill today as it was my active recovery day. I got in 16,000 plus steps. Hopefully I stay 100% on point for the rest of the month! I hate not making a goal!
FYML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:41 PM   #313  

Hi ladies,

I feel awful today. One of my bottom teeth is killing me. I am getting up early in the morning and heading to a dental clinic at Ohio State. It almost feels like one of my teeth might be infected. I have been gargling with salt water all day and it does seem to help the pain. I'll be leaving here at 5:30 am to head to Columbus. I hope I can sleep tonight.

I am sorry I'm not in the best of moods. Please forgive.

I'll post again soon.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:49 AM   #314  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Lisaloveshearts, I'm so sorry about the tooth pain. I hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Calories today, 2520. My family went to the beach and I did great for breakfast and lunch, and then lost control by dinner.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:59 AM   #315  

Red face November 2016 goals

Hello, Hello...Friends, Americans, Dieters (and anybody I missed)...

Lend me your ears, I mean WILL POWER.

I attended 3 foody events, and blew it at a church buffet I had not planned to attend. I did okay at the others. Then a relative offered me cookies a couple of times. The last time, I did okay.

And I missed 4 days of exercise...two were excusable, the other two were not. I think I did not go because it was cold. I think I need to start an in house workout in case I can't get out.

Yesterday, I had an okay food day...today, I NEED to go swim and I will feel "cleansed" and ready to start anew.

What can I say...summertime and the holidays between Thanksgiving and the New Year are the most difficult time for me to eat healthy.

Weekend boater...what kind of boating do you do? I used to go out boating with a canoeing club when I was young. It was a lot of fun and a bit adventuresome.

I got quite a bit of gardening done. I had to quit because it started to rain and now it is very cold. If we get a lull in the cold weather, I'll go out and do some more, but otherwise I had plenty to do in the house...and there is so much to be done around the holiday. I used to garden for my mom. I kept looking for fancier flowers for her, and then I met people with really amazing gardens and I was smitten... Flowers are kind of like cats, and chocolate, and ice cream...etc. to me.
Teri000 is offline   Reply With Quote