Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 10:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I read it Larry but the only thing I refuse to change is using artificial sugar in my decaf coffee. I have a hang-up about that stuff so I use real sugar but in moderation. Everything else is totally doable...pretty much how I eat anyway, just have to take away bread and pasta/rice. I don't drink soda.

This won't be too hard. Good thing I'm already on Lipitor.
Just count the carbs in the sugar to make sure you are not too high. Everyone does this a little different and as long as the differences are not too great it seems to still work. I use Stevia. It supposed to be as natural as sugar but who knows?
Old 01-01-2016, 10:05 PM   #32  

A Zero Carb Day today.

I enjoyed a good first motorcycle ride of the year today. With friends who belong to The Honda Gold Wing Riders.
We went to Welaka, FL for lunch at Shrimp R Us where I ate two grilled chicken thighs with no seasoning.
It was a 302 mile ride for me. It started at 6:30 this morning in moderate fog which eventually burned off.
We ran into a very brief rain shower near the restaurant. Not enough to get me wet but it was enough to dirty up my bike.
Temp was 84 degrees today

No rain at all coming home. It was interesting watching two Gold Wings tip over in the deep sand of the parking lot while being ridden.
One of the bikes dumped was my friends. I helped him pick it up and found those motorcycles are really HEAVY.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:55 PM   #33  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

This is my first look at the new thread and it's already up to three pages! I can tell I am going to fall behind quickly.

Calories are still on holiday mode. I tried but fall off at night. 1790 today, 3000(!!!) yesterday with dinner out and drinks, and 1700 the day before that.

W 162
B egg on toast, coffee with milk
L navy bean soup
D low carb cream of chicken soup. Two bowls!
Old 01-02-2016, 12:14 AM   #34  

hi all
Happy new year. I know this will be a year of getting ever closer to our goal!

Trying to figure out how I am going to go to Boston in 7 days. My neck and shoulders are still a mess. Last time this happened it took more than a month to resolve. And dealing with the heavy luggage made things much worse. So I am not going to type much over the next week. Just to see if I can get some significant improvement in the next week.

I feel a bit guilty just giving info about moi. So please forgive me. Friday's weight was 1.6 less than Thursday. But still .8 more than Wednesday before I had the jar of pb2 and 2 apples and...
I have 2.2 lbs to lose in a week.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday !

Edited in: Okay, turns out I decided to write personals.

Noshoes
Welcome. Great to meet you

Novangel I am hoping that you will see faster weight loss with the low carb diet. I know you worked so hard before to lose those lbs. Yes, Martinis ARE a food group. Have you ever tried Kal powdered stevia instead of sugar? It took my tastebuds a while you adjust to it. But I am totally okay with it now. Responding to your most recent post, I think its normal to have withdrawal when on the atkins diet. I also think that the cravings for carbs stops after a while. Especially if you are getting enough fats.

Nicholsfamily I am sorry the pizza didnt taste good. But happy for you that it was not a problem due to bad taste

Larry If I had a friend like you irl, I would do the atkins diet with him for sure. I hope your friends do well on Atkins. Your bike trip sounds great. Glad you had a good time. BTW the high here on monday is expected to be 11 degrees. So it was nice reading temps were in the 80s in FLA

Diana, great way to look at your weight. Its a win. You are still down slightly over what you were last year. I do not think all those 12 lbs are true gain. I bet some of it will come off quickly as soon as you get back on your normal eating routine. btw, glad apples saved the day !!! Hope unpacking and cleaning up is not too much of a pain in the butt

Kelijpa Sounds like you are intent upon starting off the new year right. I know you can continue with it. !!!

Treasa huge congratulations on being more than 30 lbs lighter than you were last year. That's great. aka you rock !!!

Watercolor

Sundove

Goodyfay
Oh noooo re: your tablet. I am sorry it got broken. I hope you can get it fixed very soon. I am so glad you got to enjoy so many good things new years eve. And I hope the cake you eat will be delicious. You can make mine carrot cake

pnkrckpixikat good to meet you. I do the low cal low carb too. Would you mind if I just called you pnkrck? or maybe pixikat? Those will be easy to remember

Midnight I am sorry DH was not feeling well. I hope he is better very soon. Did Chinese day include food? I was raised on Chinese food. Mother did not like to cook. Seriously. I remember the wife of the owner of the chinese resturaunt having a talk with me when I gained too much weight. I think she felt like me mother

Fatlady great that you were able to notice that you didnt like what you were eating. I am afraid i would just have noticed sugar and been quite happy regardless of other factors

Penny its great that you were able to control those cravings. WTG!!

RetroRabbit your menu sounds delicious. Especially eggplant and bread. and hummus.

CoolMom I know that when you are ready you will get right back on that diet wagon. Its all timing.

Last edited by flower123; 01-02-2016 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:45 AM   #35  

food on friday
B: 4 oz chicken breast with cucumber and celery 135
L: Chicken sausage with cucumber and celery 175
D 5oz chicken breast with cucumber and celery 160
Coffee 100
lemon protein frozen stuff 100
Total for day: 670 carbs around 13 g
I have a lot of inflammation. So I am thinking I am holding on to a couple of lbs that are fluid. Am drinking a lot of water for the inflammation. Diana, do you have any suggestions?

Last edited by flower123; 01-02-2016 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:07 AM   #36  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Sending out some for everyone. Hopefully a bit will fall on me, too. I probably need all the help I can get.

This morning: Oxycise in the Office

Weigh In: 169.8

Flower I really don't know of anything that will help with the inflammation, except to get rid of the cause. I think the shakes I drink cause a bit of problem for me, too. When at home, I use turmeric daily. It's suppose to help. If you get a chance look into chamomile tea and thyroid (nothing to do with inflammation). I was reading up on this before I left. I know we all have different sources where we search for info, so I would like to see your thoughts.

CoolMom Hang in there and good luck working your way back to lower calorie mode. Today is day one for me. When will you find out about your bike trip? I may have missed the update.

Larry Great job! The ride sounds fun.

Retrorabbit Good job getting your exercise in.

Penny Good job with the calories!

Have a great day!
Old 01-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

Personals—
Flower: When you say you have inflammation is it in a certain spot? Or just all over? I hope it gets better for you!

Coolmom: Hopefully you can get it back down here soon! Especially since the last big holiday is over with! I promised myself I wouldn’t screw up for New Years because. I mean it’s just New Years.. I went to a party and lo and behold guess who messed up? ME! Dang Brownies!

Larry: 84 degrees?!! Oh WOW. I’m jealous! It is a whopping 32 degrees right now…I miss the warm temps! Sounds like a good motorcycle ride!

Retrorabbit: It’s crazy how fast time flies! I find that since I’ve had kids I blink and the year is gone. Sounds like a good workout you had!

Penny: I am going to try and back off from sugars because I think it’s causing me to crave junk food more! I can eat a little bitty (snack size) candy bar and end up craving cake and cookies and ice cream by the end of the night.

Diana: I’m sure a lot of it is water weight! And I’m sure once you’re back on track it will go away quickly! It’s so crazy how fast we can put back on weight and how hard it is to lose it!

Kelijpa:Glad you day was good!

ladyfat: Sometimes you got to give into your cravings

Midnight: Hope your DH gets feeling better!

Pnkrckpixikat: Welcome back! And yes life happens!

Treasa: I’m sure them 3 lbs will come off quick once you get back on track!

Weigh in today: 139.6 (However, I weighed in 3 hours later than my usual time)
Exercise: 0 as of right now but hoping to get a walk in and a video
Calories: 360 (as of right now) I ate a big breakfast…Egg Sandwich and Turkey Sausage! And it was delicious!

I think New Year’s eve wrecked more havoc on my diet than Christmas and thanksgiving put together! Ohh these holidays are going to be the death of me! Anyways enough crying. Yesterday was a lot better! And I have a feeling today will be a lot better! But yesterday after I ate a bunch of junk food New Year ’s Eve my stomach hurt and I felt nauseated all day! So I won’t be doing that again for awhile. I felt miserable!

I’m super happy its 2016 though! Why? Because that means that ball season is real close! It’s my favorite sport! My daughter moves up from t-ball to softball and my son has his 2nd year in t-ball! I could not be anymore excited! This year also brings birthday parties..my sister is going to have her first boy in march…basketball and football season for the kiddos and my youngest starts up preschool in March! So we have so much going on and I am looking forward to it. I’m also excited to meet my goal weight this year and be able to maintain it!

Luckily..no more crazy holidays coming up in which we celebrate with food and I can get this show on the road! Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Old 01-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #38  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all!

Diana I just got the kitchen cleaned up from DH's soup making adventure that after trip laundry is a drag, I managed to do some in the hotel the night DH wasn't feeling up to par, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Apple juice works pretty well for me as the apples did for you, I'm sure the whole apple is way better for you!

Flower you can do the 2+ pound loss in a week, sorry about the neck and back pain, for sure the inflammation is aggravating that. DH is pretty convinced gluten was causing him inflammation, he felt relief right away when we went on the juice fast, so he is convinced something he was eating or a combination of them caused it. Can you think of any things that you've been eating that are similar to the last time you had the neck and back pain? Best of luck

CoolMom this thread is moving fast, for sure

Larry that's great you can go on a motorcycle ride this time of year, you get some exercise cleaning the bike now

Nichols Hi, I see we posted at the same time, didn't get a chance to read yours yet.

CoolMom you'll get there, you had a lot going on before the holidays and deserve some relaxation.

Ok, my weigh in 179.7, I knew I'd be up coming off the fast, so am happy it was only 2 and not 180, I know I may see it again this week, but that should be it!

B- egg scramble, eggs from our chickens, onion, garlic, mushroom, tomato, a spoon of salsa and one oz. of cheddar
L- planning pizza
D- salad
E- plan yoga and something else, maybe the exercise bike, it's pretty cold out

Hope everyone has a great day

Hi to everyone I missed in the personals

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-02-2016 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #39  

Hi all
Read Everyone's words. But want to save stress on the neck. So I I'll be brief

Weigh in this morning was back down to where it was on Wednesday before the splurge. 1.4 lbs to lose before Saturday. I think I can do it. Depends on what this body does. I am almost positive I Can stay on plan. So just have to see what the body is willing to do. I wish I could do the trampoline. But the chiropractor advised against it until the neck is better. Too cold to walk outside. Not looking forward to Monday. Predicted high for the day: 11. Wish that was Celsius

Hope everyone has a great Saturday

Last edited by flower123; 01-02-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #40  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

mornin'

W 161
B egg and stuff on toast, coffee with milk
L navy bean soup
D low carb cream of chicken soup

That should end up at 1300 cals. The cravings are strong! I at 9 and I'm already thinking about food at 11.

Diana, good luck getting back into your routine! The bike thing will be open for registration in February, if it's not sold out to club members. I won't be too disappointed.

Flower, sorry the neck and back is still bothering you. You are doing well keeping the weight in check, despite it.

Kelijpa, good job starting the c25k again with dh. It definitely makes it easier to have him on board.

Nichol, we got this! Sorry the new years eating was crazy, but I understand. I was almost bingey.

Goodyfay, I am in the Portland area. Laughing at your 12 billion calorie comment. I felt like I ate a ton too. The alcolhol will be especially missed but it's time to get back on track. I am starting to see a noticeable difference in the mirror. wah!

Larry, the trip sounds nice. Today I will have 83g carbs and my app no longer shows the fiber. hmmm.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 01-02-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:22 PM   #41  

Got a great deal on a NEW type of meat. I can't seem to find a good recipe for it though. See Picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10426656_10153296595582217_3355784174045954872_n.jpg (43.7 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-02-2016, 04:15 PM   #42  
Slow and sure chick

LOL Them's good eating.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #43  
4th times the charm!

S/C/G: 215/175/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all!
Wt 175.2

LARRY- You are cracking me up! That's a meaty chunk! I'm sure there are some old recipes somewhere!!! Haha hilarious!

FLOWER- sending healing thoughts your way! Yikes- keep warm and take it easy! You can do this! You know what needs to be done and you've done it before!

COOLMOM- Love Portland! We went there for our honeymoon! Hoping to go down there soon for a ladies trip with a friend of mine. I have to admit that food is one of our main missions with a a trip to Verdun chocolates. You'll shake the holiday weight! Alcohol is always such a quick on/quick off kinda weight!

NICHOL- You have so much fun stuff coming up! It must be so adorable to watch your little ones play. You sound like you do a lot of fun stuff with your kiddos! I hear you about new years being the undoing. Oh my goodness....

DIANA AND KELIJPA- welcome back from your amazing sounding vacations! May your holiday pounds fall away quickly...sounds like you're both doing what it takes to get back on track!

SUNDOVE- HAHA! Well I'm glad a suggestion came thru ultimately!

MIDNIGHT- Id love to see your recipe!

Hi everyone else!!!!

So I fully binged yesterday. Like "old days, haven't binged like this in a WHILE" binging. The kind where I continue at night until DH is seriously shaking his head at me ( he understands splurge days and he's really supportive so when he's shaking his head...its time to stop). But then I wait til he falls asleep...fighting sleep myself....to creep downstairs and eat a can of chef boyardee ravioli and toast with laughing cow. This is after a quart container of snack mix my boss made, macaroni and cheese, going out to eat at a Thai restaurant - pineapple fried rice, barbeque chicken, larb, and hot and sour soup (because I was trying to be healthy). Oh that's right...copious amounts of different chocolate bars, at least 3 truffles, half a loaf of banana bread. I'm sure there was more....
Oops.

Last edited by GoodyFay; 01-02-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #44  
Warrior Princess

Larry: I'm doing my best but frankly I feel like I'm beginning to starve to death. I feel like I need to eat every few hours whereas before I could go hours on end without eating. I'm sure I need to just get used to this, and in time I will feel better? Low carb is doable but no way can I do zero. You're an Atkins Champion.

Flower: Glad to hear Martini's are a food group, I will be having one later when we go out. Hope you feel better. Advil and heating pads are my savior...Doesn't your luggage have wheels?

I have a roast in the crock pot (no potatoes or carrots :/) so that's my dinner with string beans on the side. Should be good.

Have a great night, everyone.

Last edited by novangel; 01-02-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:04 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 215/173.2/125

Height: 5'2

I wanted to share this before and during picture...(no after picture because i'm not done yet) I look at the before picture and I'm like how did I let myself get like that..but then I stop and think ... I really do love my sweets and carbs.... now I can't sit here and tell anyone that I have developed this LOVE for working out and that it is my passion now..because in reality I hate it..I hate Jillian Michaels when she tries to push me..the tredmill is annoying and extremely slower sometimes than others (and no it's not my pace) but I can say that I have a developed a love for being healthier...and being able to run without dying and I try to look at this picture to remind myself especially on the days that I want to eat everything in the house (sometimes it's helps sometimes it don't) but I would not have been able to get this far without 3fatchicks support and all of yall and I have to get on here and say thanks and show the newbies how far they can come if they stick to it. OAN: I really hope I develop that love for working out because I walked a mile about an hour ago...and I'm really having a hard time pushing myself to get out of this chair and do anymore! lol
Closed Thread