January 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! - Page 6 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 01:21 AM   #76  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

S/C/G: +24/+12.6/0

Larry, I cannot even begin to imagine how many trips to the bathroom 7 pounds of water weight amounts to. I'm glad it turned around for you.

Diana, my day was about the same with the major head games. I made the kids their planned hamburgers and nearly talked myself into eating one. I somehow pulled through it.

Welcome, LDF! good luck with your goal.

Flower, I need to know more about the Chef boyardee. Every night? Budget friendly or...? You do make it sound delicious! yes, we have snow right now. I love it because it's unusual for us.

I finished the day at 923 cals. it's been tough.

Last edited by CoolMom75; 01-04-2016 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:57 AM   #77  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

You know, I don't drink a lot, so sometimes I think my tolerance is better than it is. I can eat a full meal and if I have a drink afterward, I get full on tipsy from just one. I wonder if that'll just get worse as I shrink... Oh well, I'm a cheap drinker that way.

Whew! I think my cravings are dying down. It's been the better part of a week. It's nice to be able to walk by food again without the urge to eat it all.

B- grapefruit
L- fried tofu, stirfried veggies, white rice, soy sauce
D- a beer, a chocolate chip cookie, and a Godiva truffle (creme brulee flavor!)

Diana: Have a good first day back to work!
I feel like I'll think my normal food is bland too after I'm out of holiday leftovers...

Nichols: I've never actually watched The Biggest Loser. Is it good? It looks like it's just clips of people working out for the most part. Is it?

DayDreamer: Hello! For outside exercise (like when I walk a dog), I layer up. That way I can strip down or bundle up depending on wind and things.

CoolMom: Great work getting back on plan! Shoot for day two! You can do it!

Midnight: That sounds like such a fun walk!

LDF1970: Welcome! :Wave: I think your goal is absolutely achievable. If you look in the archives and the goal posts, you can see there are many members who have had start weights around (or higher than) yours and lost a ton of weight. Diana3271 here is one of them!

Larry: I love Swai! It's one of my favorites because it's not gross after being frozen.

Flower: I'm sorry things are complicated with your trip and your neck/shoulders. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that things work out!

Last edited by Penny105; 01-04-2016 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:41 AM   #78  
Andando...

CoolMom, hahaha sorry for scaring you. It all started with... oh, he needs to pee every 2h and supervision I prob should skip the gym... And oh, I have no time to cook... let's just do something quick. It was my fault. =/ Our pup is almost 11 months now. And I want to start running with him (he is a Husky... LOTS of energy). So, he might just help this time around.

pnkrckpixikat, I hope so. It's all exciting and scary at the same time! Tattoo removal sounds painful Hope you made it alright. =/

Novangel, it's funny how you don't notice ... and then one day you look yourself at the mirror, or put o a pair of pants and it just hits you! Then you weigh yourself.. and oh my! Hahaha I usually don't notice any difference when I am losing weight, but now that I put it all back ... I DO notice... I see pics of valentines last year or St Patrick's day and I look SOOOO much better!!

Diana, I hate when that happens!!! I eat ALL day long... Not because I am hungry, just because. I usually resort to small frequent meals because of that. So glad you stayed strong though!! If anything, warm drinks usually take hunger away for me.

Midnight, I have been doing some reading about it... I don't really have any proper attires and those seem to be pretty pricey. Might just buy some thermal undergarment or something hehehe. And I also remembered I had bought an exercise DVD... so we will see.

Sundove, slip ups happen. Stay strong and keep pushing forward!

Penny, we have A LOT of candy we bought after halloween (plus all the unhealthy food we bought before me starting) sitting on my pantry... just there waiting to be eaten! Hahaha chocolates, cookies, candy. Even my favorite chocolates. BIG temptation. I had 1 brownie bite today No regrets!

Last edited by DayDreamer26; 01-04-2016 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:26 AM   #79  

hi all. Part 2 of personals. Starting with page 5 now

DayDreamer26 good to meet you. How frustrating and upsetting it is to regain all that has been lost. I have done that many times. Its so common. I admire you for doing it again. I know its hard. But here you are. And that's admirable. Re: exercise, I got a small jogging trampoline I can use inside. I would prefer a treadmill but I cannot afford one. And I would have no place to put it.

Coolmom congratulations on making it through another day of eating on plan. Sending those :willpowerdust: to you to make it through yet another day of on plan eating. You will get back in the groove. I know it. Congrats on resisting the hamburger monster. I am hungry right now. Would love one of those nice things. the chef Boyardee parm was not due to fiscal budget situation. Although that would have been a great excuse. It was just due to odd cravings. The whole meal was 600 calories. I thought that was a good thing.

Kalijpa, I do not know what a rail trail is. But it sounds good. If I had to guess I would say its a trail with a rail. The chickpea and spinach soup sounds SO good. Actually, almost anything edible would taste good to me right about now. But your soup does sound very good. I might make some.
for my vegan friend when she comes to dinner. I want a falafel. Now.

Pixikat ( no, no one here has that name. So I will call you that) sorry you have to go through the tattoo removal. ouch. Great that you were able to get back on plan on Sunday.

Novangel glad the 2 Guinness stout was good

Diana My breakfast yesterday tasted rather bland. That's because I was used to eating all of the holiday food. Today was fine with the seasoning. But when I finished eating breakfast, I still had that empty feeling. I didn't even feel like I had eaten a thing. I got through it all but it was tough. Today would have been so easy to fall off track.
I so understand what you are saying. Eating and then feeling like you had not eaten a thing. Been there done that so many times. Great that you were able to stay in charge. So difficult. But you did it. You kept your calories very low.

Midnight your dance exercise sounds great

LDF1970 Welcome. Glad to meet you. Believe me, your weight is not as high as the starting point of some people here. Everyone who starts the weight loss journey is awesome, as far as I am concerned.

sundove I am sorry you had that encounter with the sees Calif Brittle. I would google to see what it is. But I do not want to start craving it. okay I just googled it in images. Looks good. Tomorrow hopefully the co-worker will not lure you on to the path of chocolate destruction.

Larry so glad to read that you lost 7 of the 9 lbs. Great news

Penny SO glad to hear that your cravings are calming down. When I have cravings sometimes it can be exhausting to grapple with them.

I am hungry now. I want food. But it is almost time for bed. So I will settle for something to drink. Low cal in nature. This impending trip to Boston is not easy for me. So I may have a bit of navigating to do during the time leading up to it. I am not a good traveller when I am alone. BUT I hope to have reached goal by the time I leave on Friday or saturday if in fact I do go. if I dont go, I will have a food fest here
Old 01-04-2016, 07:21 AM   #80  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/145.3/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Good morning all,

W181.4, pfft, the joys of weighing everyday
B- green smoothie, baby spinach, cashew milk, banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter
L- salad, romaine, sprouts, olives, mushrooms, Greek yogurt, salsa, guacamole, balsamic
D-plan fish, mashed cauliflower
E- plan, walk at work, weights
S- Apple

14 degrees, so not in a hurry to get out there, wasn't thrilled about going in anyway

Best to all

Sorry I didn't get to personals, I hope to later.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #81  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Up and at 'em this morning, I obviously did not win the lottery.

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office

Calories for yesterday: 1070 +
Weigh In: 168
Down: 1.4 pounds (10.6 pounds to go. )

Have a great day and start to your week!
Old 01-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone! It's Day One of me being back on the wagon. Not going to weigh myself this week as I want to make sure all the Christmas/New Year's bloat is gone before I figure out how much damage I've done. Starting the couch to 5k.

Flower
- how's your neck?

DayDreamer26 Hi! So sorry about the weight re-gain. The upside is that you KNOW you can lose the weight. I don't like going outside when it's cold either. I have an elliptical now, but before that I used to do those Leslie Sansone walking videos. You don't need a ton of room and they get the blood pumping. There are some on youtube or if you've got cable, your provider probably has a walking exercise video On Demand.

Coolmom Great job! Today is my first day back (and it's a tough one) and you're an inspiration!

Kelijpa, You're doing awesome! You'll be under 180 for good in no time.

Pixikat - Sounds like you've got a good plan for the tattoo removal. Hopefully, by tying it in to your cheat day, you can even look forward to your next appointment! Maybe?

Novangel Glad you enjoyed your Guinness. I've never developed a taste for it, which is a good thing. My daughter is a champion Irish Dancer so it's ALWAYS around at her practices, competitions, and performances.

Diana We didn't win the lottery either. But on the upside, you are just jumping right back in without skipping a beat. I know it takes extra will power (because I'm using mine right now) and you are rocking it!

Midnight My kids play the Just Dance video games. I'm terrible at them, but those Sweating to the Oldies (which I haven't done since I was skinny) were always super fun for me. I'm all about getting my 10k steps on my fitbit each day.

LDF1970 Welcome. Don't be intimidated. Everybody here understands what you're going through.

sundove Sorry about the sabotage! I need to get back into the weight loss mindset. I sabotaged myself by making brownies for dessert last night. I knew I was going hard core today and thought it would be a nice last treat. But the kids didn't eat as much of them as they normally do. Right now, there are some leftover brownies on my kitchen counter that are calling my name. If I can get through these next 3 days, I'll know I'll be able to just say no in the future.

Larry So glad to hear you've lost most of that water. Scary stuff.

Penny Glad your cravings are calming down. That's what I'm going through now. Hoping it's only going to be 3 days or so.

Last edited by Treasa; 01-04-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:35 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'6"

I finally worked out how to log in on my phone but it makes it really hard to keep track of everyone else's posts. Will be back on the computer tomorrow so can catch up properly then.
Despite all the food and alcohol I didn't go crazy over the holidays so haven't really gained too much. Did plenty of dog walking and pilates twice which helped. Back to the gym tomorrow.
Want to keep adding healthier choices into our diets to compliment my time at the gym. Aim to loose 7lbs this month.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:39 AM   #84  

GoodyFay How are you doing?

Daydreamer, Thank-you for the kind words, which were truly .
helpful I hope you are having some fun exploring your new neighborhood. Once you figure out the weather clothing, it will be a fun adventure. When I was in the desert last summer, I went into an outdoor clothing store and they helped orient me to the basics. There are good sales now. I like REI sales.

Treasa My unsolicited 2 cents is to toss the brownies in the trash (and pour some dish soap on 'em). Sounds like your kid won't notice?
I live solo so can't imagine having to tolerate those foods that call my name. I have literally gotten up in the middle of the night to finish off a sweet treat that was meant to last.
You nailed it! sabotage I tried to do a root cause analysis lol but was in a sugar haze. Thank-you!!!

Flower Y'know it's that sweet, salt,crunch thing with the brittle. Add in some boredom & impulsiveness and BAM! I hope googling it didn't stir up cravings--what beasts they are ! My resolve this time of year is anemic and I need to plan for that. I am sorry you are dealing with the neck issue still. As much as I love reading every word of your posts, maybe you could just pop in & tell us how you're doing, save the long posts for when you are healed? Just a thought... Hoping you keep getting better. WTG with your menu!

Re my slip up, the saboteur is trying to lose weight too. I asked her if she was providing these treats as a form of vicarious indulgence. An interesting discussion ensued about all of the food sabotage in our workplace. I need to steel myself and make a plan for how to handle these things---maybe even rehearse since i seem to have forgotten how to say no to sweets.

Thanks for listening, back later. Hope everyone has a smooth transition back to routine. in another couple of days it will feel okay!

Last edited by Sundove; 01-04-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:41 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Diana the time when taste buds are reorienting to flavors can be the WORST, but keep it up and it'll be done soon

LDF The good thing about this site (well, one of many!!) is you can connect with so many people all at different points of their journey and that everyone gets the same respect and care no matter what.

sundove awww I am not sure what the calif brittle is but See's ANYTHING is delish! ... I gave in and googled it too, yup, that stuff is amazing, I don't blame you for giving in! just get back to it and it wont hurt you too bad at all.... AHHHH sabotage! that is always an interesting topic!

Larry zero carb is an impressive feat! I never managed it when on LC, I like heavy cream in my coffee and cheese on my food way too much so I always had some carbs that snuck in, I think 10 was my lowest days. I'm curious to see a sample days menu if you would be willing to share?

Treasa I'm not sure I will ever look FORWARD to them, but anything is possible I guess. Welcome back to the wagon! I am the opposite of you it seems, I weigh right away. I like seeing the whoosh, I know it is only water but seeing it seems to help me keep my motivation longer lol

Thanks to all who asked about the tattoo removal, yeah, it is super painful during, but it only takes a few minutes. For those that don't know, they use a laser to target the ink in the skin, it super heats the ink which causes it to basically explode into small enough pieces that the body recognizes it as waste and removes it. It is NOT fun. The lesson being 1. always make 1000% sure you really want any tattoo before you get it, and 2. get it in places that you can hide by clothing easily enough. The two I am removing are on my inner wrists and were placed too high to be covered by watches/bracelets. I do not want to wear long sleeves my entire career.

It isn't too bad after that first day, the area is swollen and feels kinda like a sun burn unless it blisters. I think the blistering is the worst part. It rarely does on its own but if I exercise it raises my heart rate and body temp and then blisters It is hard to get on and stay on an exercise schedule when I have to go off of it for a couple of weeks at a time. This time I am going to try some light walking and maybe weight training starting maybe Wednesday. I am thinking if I wear my hr monitor and stay under 135 or 140 it might be ok... I welcome any thoughts on this plan, especially if anyone is familiar with the medical side of blisters, I am just operating off what has occurred after past session.

GTG moving up front at work more later
Old 01-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #86  
Andando...

Morning

Treasa, I don't think I had ever stayed on a healthy path for as long as I did that time. So, yes you are right! Now I know I can do it! And to be truthful... I wasn't miserable, starving or craving everything. It wasn't as bad as we think it'll be sometimes. So, now I know!

Flower, it's not that hard to want to do it again when you dislike what you see every time you look at yourself in the mirror. But thanks anyway! I do think we are all to be admired!

Sundove, I am VERY shy and socially awkward... so I haven't done much exploring. I do think there is a Bike trail near by (saw it on google maps lol). So that might be a nice path to walk, until I can afford a bike!

01/03/2016: 224.1
Breakfast:
- 1 cup of coffee + 1 toast w/ 1/2 Tbsp low fat cream cheese and 1/2 Tbsp peach spread.

Lunch:
- 1 Tortilla + 49gr Cheese + 48gr Tomatoes + 9gr Basil Leaves + 2 tsp Olive Oil

Dinner:
- 1 Chicken Breast (183gr) + 76gr Yellow Baby Potatoes + Seasoning

Snacks:
- 1 Banana + 1 Brownie Bite + 1 Granola Bar + 1 Sugar Free Jello + 15 Almonds + 3 Hershey Kisses! :P

Total Calories:
Old 01-04-2016, 01:47 PM   #87  

mornin'

W 158.6 (down 1.4 after 923 cals yesterday.)
B egg and stuff on toast, coffee with milk

I need to cook up some chicken sausage and Brussels sprouts that have been waiting patiently in the fridge. Hopefully it all adds up within my calorie range.

Two days down, forever to go!
Old 01-04-2016, 01:55 PM   #88  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMom75 View Post

Two days down, forever to go!
Gosh, ain't that the truth! Fighting makes everything harder. You would think we would eventually give in to make it more tolerable and not so diffucult.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Gosh, ain't that the truth! Fighting makes everything harder. You would think we would eventually give in to make it more tolerable and not so diffucult.
Exactly. I have to laugh at how ridiculous I make it for myself sometimes.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #90  
Andando...

BUT forever will come anyway... so might as well make something out of it! A forever later I rather be happy and healthy than well... my current self.
Time will go by anyway :P
Closed Thread