January 2016 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome! - Page 11 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 01:13 AM   #151  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

So, you all probably know by now that I am a big leftovers person. One of the people I know NEVER has leftovers. Ever. The whole family throws out any food not eaten at the time, and if they're hungry later they go to a restaurant/fast food. Then whatever they don't eat of that, they toss. It's a lot of wasted food!

I was in mental and physical pain watching them throw out all the food that's perfectly fine and could feed them all for a week. Wasting is not something I like or do lightly.

B- Greek yogurt
L- Italian chopped salad and a piece of string cheese
D- Bean chili with peanut butter, bratwurst
D- a peanut butter ball cookie, and half a frosted sugar cookie

Sundove: Haha! Thanks! I love all the leftovers, but it does feel really rich after a while. I know, poor me, right?

Volatis: I don't know if it would help, but maybe try separating out what you want to eat on your plate and then putting the rest away after you eat your portion?

Flower: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Daydreamer: It's kind of nice not to have to cook everyday, isn't it? Leftovers can be great and easy!

RetroRabit: I think I read somewhere that sometimes the body just halts at a weight for a while (I think they said it often happened with 5% or 10% of body weight lost) even if your eating/exercise is on point. I'm pretty sure that happens to me. Frustrating, though.

Larry: Good luck tomorrow! It's good that you're getting sedated - I hear that's the less unpleasant way to do it.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:21 AM   #152  

hi
I am going to make this woefully short. Not a whole lot of energy to do personals but will write a few. First, Thank you all for the well wishes. I SO appreciate them

Ciecie Welcome back. Beautiful dog.

LELI you do have such good food on your daily menu

Nichols I can understand the worry about one's child who is going to have a procedure. Being a mom does have lots of worry.

Kelijpa dinner sounds delicious. Veggies are kinda okay to overeat unless they have a rich or high caloric sauce. (No wonder I am not rich. Its high in calories) Re: your later post, I am sorry the lbs are not coming off right now. Sometimes it takes a bit of time, I guess. Just hang in there. You will begin to lose. But I know its discouraging.

Retrorabbit your lunch sounds like it was delicious

Larry your menu sounds SO delicious. When is the procedure being done? Funny what you thought about the vet. I hope they give you some good mule kicking pain medication after you wake up.

Daydreamer Yes I have heard of popchips. Have had a bag or two in my life. Okay, tbh, I was woefully addicted to them. On twitter some people call them crack. So you might want to beware Your lunch sounded SO delicious !!!!

Sundove
Lite fare at the olive garden sounds very delicious. Great job on the cardio and weights. WTG on those 2 days of on plan eating.

Coolmom WTG re the 5 days on plan. And happy mothering day. I hope you are able to enjoy your breakfast. I think it sounds really good. And reasonable considering the good food they likely have. I would be horrible dieting in portland with all the amazing food they have.

Diana,
I totally understand your husbands name for the stomach bug. Immodium AD and I are in a very close relationship atm

Penny I am loving your leftover menu. How delicious ! And yes, it is a very busy month for the thread. I seem to remember this happened last January as well. I too would be upset if I knew someone who threw out all their leftovers. It does not make sense to me. But I figure they have a reason that makes sense to them. Do you know what their reasoning is?

Volatis I could not have said no too lamb either. So I do understand. Great job going to the gym.

Novangel, I am sorry the Atkins diet did not work for you. I can understand that though. I think for some, its amazing. For others, not so much. Different people have different bodys. Some people can do great as a vegitarian or vegan. Others feel very weak. Just depends on their body. Sorry this was not the answer

Treasa
great job starting the couch to 5K program. That's awesome. Re: losing when you went on your international trip, thats really good. All that walking. I will be walking very little. I am going to be with my mother who is quite elderly. The only exercise I will have is if she has company I will clean her kitchen when the people leave. and I will serve them. AND my brother asked me if I would help clean up after his party. They dont want to hire someone. I would not consider not cleaning anyway. Its part of who I am.

GoodyFay

Everyone
I am sure that trying to make personals short is a joke for me. I do not think I am capable of it. Maybe its chromosomal. idk.

TIM alert: okay I can feel that Thursday's weight will be at least 2 lbs higher. Thank you Imodium AD The intestinal thing persists. But the immodium seems to be working. So I am no longer dehydrated. and, well, ..... lets leave it there.

Still do not know if I will have to cancel. I have to make that judgement call by Thursday at 5:30. I went to the naturopath who muscle tested and found what i should be taking. I got a few things. A homeopathic, a Chinese herb formula and a western thing that sounds excellent. So i am hoping that this thing is eradicated, zapped, wiped out by mid day tomorrow.

I did not eat until after I came home late. There was a logical reason for that. So calories were low. But I was not hungry.
2 eggs 160
6 oz cod fish 170
acid free decaf coffee 100
lemon stuff 60
total calories for the day 490 but scale seems significiantly up from this AM
yes, i weigh twice a day when I am dieting. When I am off plan, different story

I hope everyone has a good Thursday

Last edited by flower123; 01-07-2016 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:02 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'6"

1/4 lb down this morning, not a lot but I will hang on to every fraction!
Went to the gym last night and then met OH to go to the supermarket. He was quite supportive about only putting healthy things in the basket, bar some extra mature cheddar cheese, but I know I wont eat that too often so its OK.
Gym again this morning - having signed up to the 1000 mile challenge I am really motivated to push a bit harder.

flower123 - glad you are starting to feel a bit better, fingers crossed you can still go away
penny105 - thank you for the tip. I might try that if he serves up too much next time. Like you I hate waste so last night I made a very healthy chicken, quinoa, bulgar wheat, peppers, tomato, spinach and spice meal. The only thing I bought in was the chicken
Coolmom - congratulations on 5 days on plan!!
Larry H - I have had a few general anesthetics in my time and they make me exhausted for a few days, so take it easy!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-07-2016, 07:10 AM   #154  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/145.3/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Nichols hope all goes well at the dentist today.

Larry re: getting put to sleep, hope all goes well and they can get to work on treating your anemia.

Retrorabbit I feel you re: scale frustration, it's only part of the equation, you're doing great.

Sundove love that running club motto!

CoolMom that sounds like fun, hope it comes out as something you like

Daydreamer I've heard the pop chips are good, kind of afraid to try them!

Diana grilled steak sounds good. Yum

So, no whoosh yet, scale is mocking me w-180.2 this morning, no complaints, down is good

B- DH made fresh, orange/grapefruit juice w/acv
L- salad
D-?
S-Apple, egg
E- walk, yoga

Hope everyone has a great day : sunny::
Old 01-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #155  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Kelijpa Confession: I love seeing your posts in the AM before me. I know you are still working it and this is motivating for me, too.

Flower I'm glad you are feeling better. The other TMI name we have for DH gets is "projectile poops". That's just way too much of a visual for me.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (seated)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 165.6
Down: .4

Have a great day!

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-07-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:13 AM   #156  

will have 1 c. of cereal, banana, 1 c. skim milk and 4 oz. grape juice for breakfast and will also work out to leslie sansone this morning.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 214/160/140

Height: 5'4

Crazy busy today, but I just wanted to check in. I'll be back tomorrow with personals. So my first two days of couch to 5k (c25k) has gone fine. This week I'm supposed to do a series of jogging for a minute and then walking for 90 seconds. I did that fine on Monday. It was maybe a little too easy so yesterday I jogged a little faster, maybe even ran during my intervals. Today, I am SORE. I did have 13k steps on the day yesterday so that was good.

Most of my day today is being spent driving or chaperoning kids where there'll be no food unless I bring it which I don't plan to do. I want to try to get some steps in this am so I can still get in my 10k steps which I'm trying to do on my c25k off days.

My carb cravings are officially over. I didn't eat the cupcakes from my daughter's birthday. And I did get that familiar headache while making them.

We went to Benihana for my daughter's birthday dinner and since I don't really like Benihana it was easy for me to stay on plan. I ate less calories than I would've at home. Only thing is I did have two glasses of wine.

Still up 3 pounds from Christmas/New Years. Seem to be in a holding pattern. Waiting for a big whoosh.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:52 AM   #158  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Larry Sending prayers and good thoughts your way today.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:37 AM   #159  

Hi all
Weight was up one pound this morning. That's fine. I still am .6 below goal for going to Boaton. Today is the day I have to decide to cancel, or not, the hotel reservation. Otherwise will have to pay even if I am not able to go.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-07-2016, 11:42 AM   #160  
FatChickToHealthyChick

S/C/G: 221/See Ticker/150

Penny – OMG! That would drive me nuts too. I always pack up leftovers. Throwing perfectly good food away is so wasteful.

Sundove – Stromboli is like rolled up dough filled with cheese and other things. I had a vegetarian one. Not necessarily the best choice but I ate it with salad so it was a little treat but not soooo bad.

DayDreamer – Pop Chips are definitely a good alternative too regular potato chips – in moderation of course

Flower – Glad to hear things are… moving

Volatis & Kelijpa – A drop is a drop no matter the size. Celebrate

HELLO to everyone else. Let’s have another great day!
Old 01-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #161  
FatChickToHealthyChick

S/C/G: 221/See Ticker/150

Here is my check-in for the day

Breakfast - 2 small slices hemp & quinoa bread, one with earth balance natural peanut butter and the other with light cheddar, tomatoes and earth balance butter + 1 banana

Snack - 0% Fat Greek yoghurt tub - Apple pie flavoured (soooo good!)

Lunch - Homemade spicy chickpea soup (it is low-sodium broth based) and a whole wheat thin bun

Snack - 5 dried apricot pieces and about 1 tbsp dry roasted unsalted almonds

Dinner - Not quite sure yet. Maybe some baked tofu sweet potatoes and green beans

Exercise - 2 miles on the treadmill with 5lb hand weights

Last edited by LELi; 01-07-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2016, 01:24 PM   #162  
Andando...

01/06/2016: 221.3
Breakfast:
- 1 cup of coffee + 1 toast + 1/2 tbsp cream cheese + 1/2 tbsp peach spread
Lunch:
- Chicken Noodle Soup!
Dinner:
- 2 turkey hot dogs (no buns) + 1 tbsp ketchup + 1 tbsp mustard + 1 bag pop chips
Snacks:
- 1 Greek Yogurt + 2tbsp Granola + 1 madeleine + 27 pretzel sticks + 3 crackers + 9 kisses

Total Calories: 1332

Penny105, Sigh don't tell me about it... I stay with my husband's sister's family for 2 months (it was **** they treated us like crap). Anyway, they NEVER cooked, in 2 months I saw them eat homemade maybe 3-4 times. They have a 13, 5 and 4 yos. They live on pizza, fastfood and snacks (chips, chocolate and uncrustables). Their microwave had been broken for 6 years, so they would trash EVEYRTHING because they had no way to reheat it. If they went to a restaurant or something they would bring left overs home and then trash them!!! The most weird thing I had ever seen. I LOVE left overs. I always try to make 4 servings instead of 2 when I cook something (specially things we love) so we can have some for lunch!

flower123's, hahaha they are GOOD! I am glad I decided to try them, I was getting a lunchbox for my husband from Amazon and needed $35 worth to be delivered the same day. They only had the sour cream and cheddar ones for same day delivery, but I will definitely try the others! You liked the tomato, avocado and egg thing? It's called a Triple hahaha (in Peru at least). It's supposed to be a 3 layer sandwich so like bread, tomato, bread, avocado, bread egg and mayo as a spread. I usually just put everything on the same layer though hahaha saves calories and carbs! Even my husband LOVES it and as you can tell is NOT a diet thing (unless you remove all the bread). I REALLY hope you get to go, you deserve it!! GET BETTER NOW!!! -Sending good vibes-

Volatis, that's awesome! It's great to be supported specially with the person you share your pantry/fridge!!

LELi, only plan to have them as a "side" to hotdogs or so... or when I am CRAVING chips. I am just glad there is a substitute!
Old 01-07-2016, 02:01 PM   #163  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/145.3/145

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Good Morning, Everyone!

Kelijpa Confession: I love seeing your posts in the AM before me. I know you are still working it and this is motivating for me, too.

Flower I'm glad you are feeling better. The other TMI name we have for DH gets is "projectile poops". That's just way too much of a visual for me.

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (seated)
This Morning: Oxycise in the Office

Calories for yesterday: 1410 +
Weigh In: 165.6
Down: .4

Have a great day!
Thank you Diana, I hope you know you are an inspiration to me as well. Part of my current plan is using all the tools I have gathered over umpteen years of weight loss, like posting, tracking my food, exercise, etc. so, NSV today, wearing my size 10 jeans since the 12s are in the laundry and they are not cutting off the circulation to my feet like last time I wore them

Best to all
Old 01-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi I'm new here. I started on Sunday Jan 3, eating protein and veggies at every meal and cutting down on fruit, grains and added sugars. I exercised for 10 minutes yesterday and could not do much more! I'll have to work on that. I'm trying to think of more healthy snacks. I got very hungry in between lunch and supper.

I started at 224. Today I'm 219.6. In the teens!
Old 01-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #165  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

S/C/G: +24/+12.6/0

Welcome, Upandaway!

W 156.6 (back up the .8 I lost yesterday after 939 calories yesterday)
B two eggs, two bacon, toast and coffee with cream at the diner.
D lentil soup, Brussels sprouts

Operation plan ahead for son's birthday breakfast out was a success. I think I'm over the initial cravings, or it could be just a good time in the hormone cycle. Nothing lasts. lol
Closed Thread