Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #391  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

GOOOOOOOOOOAL for Pinkhippie!

At any rate, for me I finally saw 167 on the scale today. 167.2 to be exact. I am pleased to finally feel "solidly" into the 160s. I am a mere 3.2lbs away from my first short term goal. This also means I am just slightly less than 20lbs from my long term goal.

I need some opinions here. I am a slow weight loser. Assuming I stick with my diet and don't do anything stupid, and assuming I can squeak at least a pound off a week-ish how long to lose the 19 some odd pounds left? Am I REALLY facing not hitting goal until mid November? THAT thought isn't so palatable.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #392  

Thanks Mauikai!

It is kind of crazy to be here. Congrats on the 167! That is a good feeling. I found the closer I got to my goal the slower the weight loss went. But, that is really what I needed for it to be a lifelong sustainable I don't even think about how to maintain this weight kind of a change.

I am 162 today after bouncing around into 163 and 164 over the weekend. We ate a lot of restaurant food.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:29 PM   #393  
Le Petit Papillon

S/C/G: 169/165/139

Height: 5'5"

I'm 166 and hoping to be out of the 160's soon. Ive been in the 160's for 3 years.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #394  

LePetitPapillon: Welcome. I love Papillons, they are so cute!

I have been weighing in at 160 for the past couple of days and maintaining it with no trouble (knock on wood) so Im hoping maybe I actually will see the 150's... maybe. We will see.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 07-18-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #395  
Le Petit Papillon

Hehe I love them too!

Thanks for the welcome!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 168/168/148

SW and CW 168 here! GW 148, so leaving 160s will be sooooo good! Look forward to the 150s! Starting my program this week. New member here.
Look forward to wearing clothes that fit me snugly again without the rolls! No more XL and L sizes eventually: M size is my goal!
Old 07-19-2014, 03:40 PM   #397  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

WW, I'd love to be a medium, too. Sometimes I'm in a medium but it really depends. Most of the time it's a "unisex" M I guess.

It took me so long to get out of the 160s but I persevered and did it. I had ... and still struggle with ... the knowledge that I can control what I do to my body but I can't control how or when my body responds. That's so hard when you're expecting a certain result in a certain time from a specific activity. It's probably the third most important lesson ... at least that I can think of right now .... I need to learn.

No. 1 is that hunger is NOT an emergency.
No. 2 is that I was overeating without realizing it (5 slices of pizza should not be considered a proper one-sitting portion. One slice is fine balanced with, say, a salad and other things)

There's some others, I'm sure, that I needed early on but these 2 are pretty basic and resonated the most with me as I was getting started.

No. 3, along with maintaining your WOE, have patience that if you're doing the right things, your body will follow along at its own pace. We all want instant gratification, but that's ultimately not what we need. We need to find our other smaller victories along the way to keep our morale up.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #398  
Le Petit Papillon

Woohoo! Down 4.7 pounds from last Sunday! If I keep this up, I should be very close to 160 at the end of this week
Old 07-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #399  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePetitPapillon View Post
Woohoo! Down 4.7 pounds from last Sunday! If I keep this up, I should be very close to 160 at the end of this week
Well, that's amazeballs. Wish I had just one more of those Super Wooshes in me.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #400  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

catching up from the 14th ...

Pinkhippie I don't like our neighborhood either. I either go to the gym, my daughters or to Duke Univ to walk their wall. on making goal. I am so very happy for you 150's here you come

MauiKai, on being in the 160's I wish I could help you with the answer to your question. I can't seem to keep my head in the game no matter what I do. I do think that if you stick to plan you can lose at a steady pace. How long has it taken you to lose what you've loss? They say in the beginning it's faster, so it may be just a little slower for the second half. Just a thought. But at least you know you can do it, because you have

LaPetitePapillion and to the thread Three years so you are good at maintaining. Is 169 your highest weight? Hope you move through here quickly Nice whoosh! I use to have those 3lb-4lb losses, but not any more. Keep up the great work

WhiteWonder and to the thread What program are you starting? Is 168 your highest weight? Hoping you move through here quickly also

Mad Donnelly, good job on staying in the 150's, way to go And I like all of what you said. I so wish I could just follow suit (most of the time).

Where's hhm and thirti4thity? Have you moved to new decades?

This is the first time I have gotten to check in this week. Looks like Sunday will be my day to catch up. Weighing in today at 165. So not where I want to be. Started working again on Monday so I need to get a routine worked out soon before I end up back in the 170's.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #401  
Le Petit Papillon

169.9 was my highest weight, but I was on an "unofficial" diet for three years straight by trying to portion control whenever I ate. I didn't count calories, but I tried to avoid "obvious" high calorie foods. I was probably close to about 400-500 calories per meal with snacks in between. I probably exercised once every 2 weeks (which was a walk, since running bothers my legs -- I used to be a cross country runner in high school, but it was a lot of impact on my tendons.)

One thing I think was happening was that I was gaining fat and losing muscle over that span, because I was clearly going up in pant sizes (the highest a size 16). So portion control as a lifestyle was unsustainable for me.

I finally decided to re-think my approach to losing weight (calories-in-calories-out/portion control) and did something that works better for my body (since I'm not nearly as active, I really do not need very much carbs or sugar. I'm in the process of changing my body's process of burning carbs and sugar to expend energy and instead forcing it to burn fat to expend energy by not providing any bread based carbs and limited sugar. I limit my carbs by eating vegetable carbs only.

It's just what works for me, because I'm unhappy when I'm hungry, I love meat, I need to eat more veggies, and I need to lose weight. I think everyone has their own way that works for them, but it might take years finding that way.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #402  

Thanks love2b! It was funny as soon as I declared goal at a higher weight than I initially wanted, the scale just started dropping. I think it took off some pressure on me or something. I don't know. Still holding steady at a low 160 which is quite amazing considering its Sunday, the day after the weekend which is usually my highest weight of the week due to the richer fare of the weekend.

Working again can totally throw off your routine! Im sure once you figure out a routine you will start to move down again.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 07-20-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #403  

S/C/G: 179/161/149

Height: 5"8

Hello all,
Have been lurking for a while, and thought I would say hello. Originally was lurking on the Getting out of the 170's, but in the last few days have been lurking here - weighed in at 168 for the first time in YEARS yesterday! Hoping to get to 165 by July 31 and 160 by August 14.
Somehow, it does seem to be slowly coming off, and I am feeling smaller but it is taking forever for even the tiniest change to that bloated-looking belly region! Patience, patience, I suppose!
Anyhow, thanks for sharing your stories, your struggles, your successes. Nice to hear about others in the same boat.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:56 PM   #404  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

50's thread is TOO QUIET!

I hit 155.2 this morning!!!
Old 07-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #405  

S/C/G: 179/161/149

Height: 5"8

Congrats on the 155, Syckgirlsfv!
Hoping to get there soon, but things are moving in the right direction.
May I ask: at 155, what size clothing are you fitting? I am 5'10 at 167 and currently a 10, but it is becoming a rather loose 10. I would love to be a size 8 - it has been a VERY long time!
Closed Thread