Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #346  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Paulitens I sure am trying , I believe it's hormones but I too take a lot of what is said to me to heart. At this time in your life that's not a good thing (of course you know that) you'll shake it off.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #347  

love2b: How cool that your 16 year old son can cook! That will help him later in life, Im sure. Yep, my final goal weight is 155! I am excited but also really impatient the closer I get which I know is the wrong way to be. That can really backfire and I know it takes longer the closer you get. Im trying to be patient.

Pauli, Im sorry you are feeling bad. It probably IS related to hormones. Not that that helps you feel better or anything. I hope that you feel better tomorrow!

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 06-30-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #348  
~Rennie

Pinkhippie, my husband can't cook thanks to his Mom, four sisters and the rest of the women in his family. I refuse to have boys that grow into men not knowing how to cook. Our 15 year old cooks also (16 in Dec), the youngest boy (13) doesn't care to learn but he will. Our 9 year old daughter wants to get in the kitchen alone so bad. I allow her to assist . Our oldest (21) spoiled thank goodness her husband cooks, she's learning to do more I'm happy for you. I think you'll get there sooner than you think. Wow I can't even imagine . I just realized after posting on another thread that as of today I only have 28.6lbs to lose. When looking at the ticker it seems so far but the number when I look at it seems so small. BIG SIGH

Last edited by love2b150; 06-30-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #349  
~Rennie

My son and I have decided to do a 15lb challenge till Sept 1st. He told me he reached a new low today of 242.6 so he is coming down nicely with football. His goal is 227 and mine is 144. Our first weigh in is Monday. I need to lose 1.5lbs a week to make goal I dropped back to 159.4 down 1.2 ... let's hope I can keep this going.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

I feel at 158 (NEW NUMBER TODAY! YAY ME!) I am firmly in the other thread. However, for some reason, I think it's important to straddle the line for a bit in encouragement to others .. and perhaps because MENTALLY I'm not in the 150s yet. But since it'll prolly be 2 months till I'm in the 140s, I'll feel IN the 150s soon enough.

So that means 13 pounds till "goal". I won't be "done" ... but then again, half the battle was realizing you're never "done". It's a constant to be cognizant of your WOE and your movement or else you're back in the same boat.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #351  
~Rennie

Mad Donnelly, on the new number This is my third meeting with the 150's so I feel you. I want to mentally get my head in there so I can stay there and move on. You are so right in saying this --> It's a constant to be cognizant of your WOE and your movement or else you're back in the same boat.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:59 PM   #352  

love2b: That is great that you teach your kids to cook. My mom hated to cook so she never taught me. I self taught myself at age 33 or so and discovered I really enjoyed it. Before that I could barely make a box of mac n cheese. Good luck with your 15 lb challenge! And congrats on the 150's!

Mad donnelly, yep I would say you are in the 150's for sure.

I weighed 163 again this morning so I guess I will believe it. We took the kids to the zoo today which is 2 hours away so it was road trip, lots of walking and nothing but restaurant food. I will be interested to see what the scale says tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #353  
~Rennie

Thanks Pinkhippie , the walking may combat the food especially if it was hot. Fingers crossed for a nice weigh in for you I watched my Great Grandmother cook, that's how I learned. My parents split when I was 11 my Mother couldn't cook a thing, my Dad did all of the cooking. I showed her what my Grandmother purchased and how she prepared it and voila my Mom was a cook
Old 07-02-2014, 01:54 PM   #354  

Thanks love2b: The scale showed a tiny bump up into 164 today. It was really hot and I think I got dehydrated but I drank a ton of water when we got home last night.

That is cool you learned to cook by watching your great grandmother, I bet you learned some cool stuff.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #355  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

I've been sitting here staring at this page for what seems like hours, it's hard to put my feelings into words for all to see. I tend to lurk quite a bit, and give advice and encouragement when it's needed. However, now, out of nowhere, I find myself in a dark place. I got on the scales this morning, and thought my weight had stayed the same, only a few minutes later did it dawn on me that I was a lb. down from last week. I feel as if posting in this thread is the most appropriate. Mainly because I don't want to burden anyone who doesn't have a clue what I'm going through, and I don't want to scare off anybody who has a lot more weight to lose (ie What's she boohooing about I'd love to be that size IYKWIM).
Anyway, for some reason the joy has gone from my achievement, only a few days ago I felt quite happy and a little bit proud dare I say, but just a few days ago anger crept in through the back door, and now I just feel exceptionally down (perimenopause?). I'm almost 50 lbs. down, I should be elated, but I just plain FEEL FAT. My husband's been great (he loves me regardless of size). I can shop and buy clothes in cute boutiques, and have even bought a few pieces of pret a porter for my birthday (very happy days indeed).
Now though, I'm absolutely filled with self loathing for being so fat. No affirmations seem to help, and I just want to punch my loving husband in the face. I know I'm being terribly inarticulate, and more than a little bit whingy. I just want to know if anyone else has been through this, it's really lonely, and I know only women who've lost a similar amount and/or are at a similar weight could relate.
Again, so sorry for rambling, this is just such a confusing time for me.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #356  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I was 169.6 this morning, again. It seems to be my lowest for the time being.

I took my oldest to the dentist this morning and I wasn't allowed to sit there while she was administered laughing gas because I'm pregnant. I had no idea. You learn something new every day, huh?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #357  

DLS1. I have felt like you before definitely. I don't feel like that right now but that is because I have been doing LOTS of work on self acceptance and emotional eating and all that stuff. One thing I read once is that you can't feel fat. Fat is not a feeling. You can feel bad,angry, sad, overwhelmed, stressed out, etc, but not really fat. I find that to be a helpful thing to remember for myself. When I "feel fat" I remember what I read and I look deeper to see what is really going on. There is always something else going on underneath the "fat feelings." I notice you mentioned anger creeping through the back door? Maybe something is going on there.

Im sorry you are feeling so bad. I hope you are able to work through those feelings and come out on the side of joy and achievement.

Pauli: Interesting about the laughing gas. Yay for 169!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #358  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

DLS1, I can relate. It's hard to know what to say. No one can talk you into being elated and happy. If only, huh? I need to relearn that over and over. I am, at this moment, feeling pretty good. But it's been a slow, gradual ascent from where I was last weekend ... which was pretty much exactly where you're coming from right now. Find someone who gives good hugs and get one. Helped me. Or hug yourself. Not quite as good, I know, but worth a shot. In the meantime, please accept a cyber hug {{{hugs}}}
Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #359  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Pinkhippie and Mad Donelly it's so good to know I'm not alone, and that it's a temporary thing. I will just have to stay on plan (not like I was ever tempted not to) and tough it out, or figure it out.

Warmest Regards,
Diane
Old 07-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #360  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Hello ladies. 170.6 this morning. I keep going back and forth between that and 169.4. It's okay. Yesterday I began my second trimester!

And as if by magic, my very VERY mild morning sickness is gone. The lightheadedness is still there, though.

Today I'm allowing myself to eat a bit extra and not all completely good for the sake of freedom. Happy 4th of July, ladies!

Last edited by Paulitens; 07-04-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Closed Thread