Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #361  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Pinkhippie I did learn a ton of good stuff I loved her cooking Pinkhippie thanks for saying this ---> One thing I read once is that you can't feel fat. Fat is not a feeling. You can feel bad, angry, sad, overwhelmed, stressed out, etc, but not really fat. I find that to be a helpful thing to remember for myself. When I "feel fat" I remember what I read and I look deeper to see what is really going on. There is always something else going on underneath the "fat feelings."

Diane, First let me say good job on the pound down I am where you are and my husband is also happy with my weight regardless or so I thought. Now let me explain, he doesn't mind me being heavy at all but when I told him that my goal weight was 132 he wasn't happy about that. Last evening I had a conversation with my 109lb Mom and my 120lb daughter but in, both saying that I am a stick now and I don't need to lose anymore weight. Well I don't agree and that's easy for them to say because the have never been heavier than what they are. My husband didn't bother to open his mouth because of course he agrees that I am fine at this weight. (I have been there in wanting to punch him in the face, trust me) I'm not going to say I still feel fat because I don't look anything like I use to but I am still not happy in this body as it is and it is for me and my children (long life) that I am doing this. I have type II diabetes, so I need to do this. Be proud of all you've done and how far you've come. You are, can and will definitely inspire others

Paulitens the things that can hurt the baby so many. on starting your second trimester

Mad Donnelly, I agree ---> Find someone who gives good hugs and get one. Helped me. though most of my hugs do come from my cyber friends on 3FC. No one here relates to me the way that the friends I've made here do these four years.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #362  

Pauli: Yay for morning sickness being gone!

Love2b
: Im glad that little reminder helps you too. It really helps me. My husband has been supportive and loving at my highest weight. He never hints in any way that the weight I am now is better than the weight I was before. WHich sounds nice but can be maddening when Im all like yay! Im almost to my pre pregnancy weight! And he has no reaction other than, Im glad your happy about that. I know, though that it is good that he doesn't look at my weight as a positive or negative thing though.

Yesterday the scale showed 165, today it shows 164. Im not going to change my ticker just yet. Im giving it a few more days. Of course, now its fourth of july weekend with parties and food galore. We have a party/potluck tonight but I have this weird thing where I can't really eat potluck style. Like I get there and I dont' feel hungry or want to eat anything. I think I just feel squicked out eating what other people that I don't know have cooked. Anyone else a weirdo like me?
Old 07-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
I am where you are and my husband is also happy with my weight regardless or so I thought. Now let me explain, he doesn't mind me being heavy at all but when I told him that my goal weight was 132 he wasn't happy about that. Last evening I had a conversation with my 109lb Mom and my 120lb daughter but in, both saying that I am a stick now and I don't need to lose anymore weight. Well I don't agree and that's easy for them to say because the have never been heavier than what they are. My husband didn't bother to open his mouth because of course he agrees that I am fine at this weight. (I have been there in wanting to punch him in the face, trust me) I'm not going to say I still feel fat because I don't look anything like I use to but I am still not happy in this body as it is and it is for me and my children (long life) that I am doing this. I have type II diabetes, so I need to do this. Be proud of all you've done and how far you've come. You are, can and will definitely inspire others
I don't have anyone calling me a stick but some that do say I don't need to lose any more. Which they mean well but if I want to lose the belly fat, then I have to keep losing. And that's not merely a vanity thing because it's the dangerous visceral fat. I don't still feel fat either, but I am pretty happy with my body as is already during this process. Once I lose more belly, I should be ecstatic. I love getting external validation. It is quite inspiring ... but I don't NEED it to feel wonderful about my progress on just my own terms. And nor do I let wayward comments mess with my equilibrium.

In some ways, how much I've changed has seemed hard, but some has also seemed not quite effortless but less difficult than I thought it would be. Some people find change impossible or scary. For me, it was life saving. I became a person I didn't think I could be but who I also love! I discovered someone inside me who blossomed and came alive and ALL I had to do was lose weight, start exercising, and change my hair color.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #364  
~Rennie

Pinkhippie, my husband says, "If you're happy I'm happy" drives me nuts. But I will admit when he told me that he thought I would look sick at 132 I wanted to say but I see you looking at little petite woman but I didn't. I look too (I love to see a well kept guy my age) but still, why would I look sick if they obviously catch his attention. My other thought was does he not want me to look like them because then I will be eye candy to others? .... hummmm ... We're like that, all 7 of us and now 8 with my SIL. I always fix my husbands plate so he knows there is nothing on it that I don't know where it's from. And the kids will ask me, Mommy who made that??? So yeah we'll go to a potluck and we'll stop on the way home or I would have already cooked before we left Yay on the scale moving

Mad Donnelly, I need to lose belly fat also. I don't know that it is even possible for me though. I'm not even sure that it's all belly fat, it may just be more skin than anything. Good to hear you are happy with your body. I can't wait to say that Every time I think to myself wow you look good, I take one of those selfies and bam, I am slapped back into reality that I still have a way to go. I do love the nice compliments and but the wayward comments do sometimes bother me because of who they come from, but I am able to brush them off. One day I'll say this with my head held high --> For me, it was life saving. I became a person I didn't think I could be but who I also love! I discovered someone inside me who blossomed and came alive. ... the life saving part I can say because my blood sugar has improved ... the rest will come

thanks to my 4th food fun I was up a pound but back OP today so not changing my ticker either because I will get back there
Old 07-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #365  

Love2b: Yep I know what you mean. My husband always says he finds me attractive at any weight but as I started losing weight I noticed he was even more "amorous" towards me and had more comments about how sexy I was. So, I don't know if that is because i look different or because I have a lot more confidence now which is attractive. I guess it could be both.

I had a good fourth. I went to a party where I saw lots of people I haven't seen in years and it was nice to basically look the same as I did before I gained my baby weight. Then yesterday at a cook out at dh's family my MIL commented that I had lost a lot of weight. As always I felt awkward and said something about how it always takes me a while to lose baby weight and I still had about 10 pounds to go and she said "oh no I don't think you need to lose any more, you look good." This by the way is from a woman who has never ever ever ever commented on my physical appearance in any way. To myself or her son in the 9 years we have been married. It was kind of shocking.

Scale said 163 today. I have kind of been working through some anxiety lately so I think the scale reflected that. I really need to learn to manage my anxiety without food when I can.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:30 PM   #366  
~Rennie

Pinkhippie that's great with regards to your husband. My husband isn't one to vocalize anything. If someone brings the way I look up, then he will comment. But then I feel like he is just saying whatever/agreeing to keep peace. I'd like to actually hear him say I look nice or for that matter notice without someone else speaking up. I remember when I had loss weight before my Mom's husband said, "look at you getting your shape back and everything!" and the look on my husbands face was "WHAT!!!" then he said why are you looking at her shape that's your step daughter. My daughter and I cracked up, it was the funniest thing My daughter said, "Daddy did that bother you? " he just responded with, ... " he shouldn't be looking at her shape!" Then I had gone to the store once and I told him that this young man was flirting with me. He says why are you flirting with men? I said I wasn't flirting, he was hitting on me, and at my age, I was flattered. Then all of a sudden he wants to go to every store with me. Men are silly (at least mine is ) Woohoo on the compliment from your MIL. My in-laws are the first to give me compliments. Big or small they don't care. I married into a great family ... sorry about the anxiety. Hope it goes away soon Still so close to goal, I am so happy for you and envious also

Tomorrow is my son and my first weigh in. He has been chowing down the last two days so I believe I have the upper hand this week. But football practice and weight training resume tomorrow so he will probably take it from there ... I'm gonna have to work really hard

Last edited by love2b150; 07-06-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #367  

Thanks love2b for popping in and keeping me company. I know what you mean about the husbands. Last time I lost most of my weight after baby #2, I didn't get a compliment on it until our neighbor stopped by and noticed. My husband never said a word about it. That is pretty funny about the shape comment. I married into a great family too the second time around, I am very grateful.

Good luck with your weigh in!

I weighed in at 163 today so I am pretty happy.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 07-07-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #368  
~Rennie

LOL Pinkhippie we have a bit in common, this is the second time for me also. My first set of in-laws were great also it was the man I married that was a mess and it wasn't until I left him that they saw and still see his true colors, just sad. ... on the shape comment, Yeah if you could have seen his face (crazy) I'll keep popping in until you move over, hoping soon But who knows I tend to switch back also, let's hope not Nice weigh in

My son was down .4 and I am down a 1lb for our challenge. I would have done better had I not ate that taco salad after church. I didn't realize how heavy some things are. SO NOT a good feeling lesson learned I hope

Last edited by love2b150; 07-07-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

I feel firmly entrenched in the 150s after being firmly entrenched in the 160s for about 3 months. But I'm still checking in over here.

My husband is a non-commenter .. or at least doesn't comment in a way I'd really like. He thinks to not comment -- I.E., to not say something converse like, You need to lose weight -- is the same as proactively telling me I look nice. It's not. It's just not. Esp. when other people (male and female) ARE giving me that positive verbal feedback. I need to make a trip home soon (I am from PA, I live in MS). THAT will get me some positive verbal feedback as they have not laid eyes on me since December.

But, you know, otherwise I just keep on keeping on. I seem to be out of my stall and am hoping that this last 13 pound loss will realize some big gains in loss of inches on my waist. I have heard a few people say that their last 5-10 pounds really started to make a huge difference. Now, my "goal" weight was sort of arbitrary so that may not indeed be my LAST 10 pounds. But, still, I am hopeful.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

Hi Mad Donnelly I'm making a trip back home to PA soon myself (I live in the UK). My mother and dad will be beside themselves when they see me. They haven't seen me since I started this whole thing back in September. I'd love to know when and where in PA send me a PM if you'd like.

Warmest Regards,
Diane
Old 07-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #371  

Love2b: It's funny about my first set of in laws. We get along So much better now that I'm not married to their son. lol I still see them a lot as my first child is their grandaughter and we all live in the same area. I hope to join you in the 150's thread soon but I am guessing it will be a while. Congrats on the pound!

Mad Donelly: Out of curiosity because of your comment, I measured my waist yesterday and although I have only lost about 4 pounds since I lost measured my waist, I have lost an entire inch that seemed like it would never budge during a large portion of my weight loss so far. So maybe those last pounds do come off your waist. That is where it seems like my extra weight is hanging out mostly.

I weighed in at 163 on the dot this morning. I also finally started doing my weight work outs again. I figured out what exercises i can do differently because of my injured ankle. I should have done that earlier. I will be interested to see if it shows up on the scale.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 07-08-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:57 PM   #372  
~Rennie

Mad Donnelly, my point exactly on the commenting I haven't been back to VA in almost two years. I know everyone will be shocked when they see me

Thanks Pinkhippie , but like I said, I tend to slip back Tah dah and here I am ... I weighed in at 161.2 this morning. Up 3.2 of bloat, thanks to eating just about everything I have been craving yesterday. I know it's just water because I accounted for everything except a pat of butter but it still wouldn't add up to 3500 calories to make me gain a solid pound. Today has been a good day so hoping to see a better number tomorrow. You just got your scale right? Have you read the reviews. I wonder if it's stuck, you've been OP so no reason why you shouldn't be lower than 163. I think you are actually in the 150's like it said that one day you re-calibrated it. Just a thought. Good job on the weight workout.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #373  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Donnelly View Post
I have heard a few people say that their last 5-10 pounds really started to make a huge difference.
Paper towel theory, yep!

I am now finally just getting in to the 160s so I thought I'd pop in and say hello!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:05 AM   #374  

Love2b: It's a nice thought, but I did look up reviews for my scale. The reviews are bad but they all say that their weight was different every time they stepped on the scale. Mine doesn't do that. It is exactly the same number if I step on and off several times. I have also calibrated it recently. But out of curiosity I went and tried on all my old clothes and everything fits. My clothes that I have been wearing that I remember barely being able to squeeze myself into earlier this year are falling off me. It was totally shocking. I feel like the way my old clothes fit is when I was on the higher end of my regular weight fluctuation. I never weighed myself so I don't know what that was. I just know I was always about 155 on friends scales and the dr scales. I think maybe because I have been working out more regularly and I have a lot of muscle just naturally I weigh more on the scale now than I used to while wearing the same sizes. people have been commenting on the muscles in my arms lately. So, even though I took a break from weight lifting I think I kept a lot of the muscle. Even my new summer clothes I bought are now all a little too big. It seems like it happened overnight.

The great thing about keeping track of what you eat is that you totally know that your weight gain is just water. You will be back in the 150's in no time!

Welcome Mauikai! I have read your plateau thread. Congrats for making it into the 160's!

I weighed in at 162 today!

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 07-09-2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Edited because I mangled MauiKai's screen name. :)
Old 07-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #375  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Yeah it seemed like a never ending, never budging struggle. I was quite pleased to finally not see 17- on the scale. Now I hope not to suffer any rebound up into the 170s again.
Closed Thread