Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #376  

MauiKai LOL Im glad you knew I was talking to you. Sorry I messed up your name so very badly. I fixed it in my original post.

I feel the same way about the 160's but I also figured this close to my goal weight it would go slowly.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #377  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhippie View Post
MauiKai LOL Im glad you knew I was talking to you. Sorry I messed up your name so very badly. I fixed it in my original post.

I feel the same way about the 160's but I also figured this close to my goal weight it would go slowly.
Well seeing as I'm a bit hefty I though "MuKai" was pretty good Haha
Old 07-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiKai View Post
Well seeing as I'm a bit hefty I though "MuKai" was pretty good Haha
I'm sorry but that is funny. We need a sense of humor, right?

And it does happen. I am glad the 17- is behind me now. In fact, it's been behind me a LONG time because I am now losing so slowly the last couple of months. I feel like 15- will be staring me in the face a long time, but I have finally resolved myself to knowing that it takes as long as it takes and I won't be any happier if it happens this month as opposed to 2 months from now. I just won't be as instantly gratified, but I'll be just as happy when 14- happens!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #379  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Pinkhippie, WOOT, on the pound down that's great and what an awesome NSV, loose fitting clothes and the compliments. I love compliments more than anything I'm happy for you I am starting to wonder if I will ever get into weights. I just don't have the desire to do it. My son does it and he's seeing big changes but he's a guy so I don't feel like it would be the same for me. If I had someone like me to do it with it might just give me the push I need to try, idk I'm just rambling. But YOU, keep up the great work Thanks Pinkhippie, I sure hope so on the 150's but I haven't quite got a grip on it yet. But I will before Monday. I like the competition with my big 6'1 son. He still couldn't allow me to have the victory of a bigger loss last Monday than him

MauiKai, that is my struggle with each decade, the bouncing back and forth. But like Pinkhippie said since I know it's what I'm eating. I just need to be a good girl and listen to the good side of my brain and not eat the carbs that have me so bound ... that was cute the comment on the name misspelling and no you are not hefty ... we're all in the same boat here and we're not sinking

Same here Mad Donnelly on the 140's but unlike you I've got to first stay in the 150's

I was a pound down to 160.2. I once again had one too many carbs today so not sure what what the scale is gonna say. I just checked and I ate the same amount of carbs as yesterday but calories are lower today than yesterday. I also got in more steps today than yesterday. This will be interesting to see what the scale reads.

Last edited by love2b150; 07-12-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #380  

Hah hah MauiKai: Yes you need a sense of humor, but I am sure you are far from hefty.

Love2b: Thanks! It felt really good but kind of anticlimactic too. Like: here I am, all my old clothes fit. Now what? I go back and forth with weights. I really like the feeling of being stronger and it REALLY comes in handy in my every day life. Lifting my toddler in and out of her crib, carrying my 5 year old when she is sad, lifting the groceries, etc... I can also see physical changes pretty quickly so that is motivating. But the actual lifting of the weights I really don't like. I find it boring. but that is how I feel about most exercise. It's hard to motivate myself. Yay for your pound! Good job with your steps.

I weighed in at 162 this morning. the exact same weight as yesterday. I ate like a pound of cherries before bed last night though ( yum!) and I have ramped back up into my weight work outs so Im not sure if it's affecting the scale or not.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 07-10-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #381  
~Rennie

Thanks Pinkhippie feeling stronger and seeing the physical changes are great GO YOU!! I don't like exercise, but I love to walk. I feel so refreshed and my mind is at peace. I listen to my iphone and just zone out and with attempting the jogging/running thing yesterday again I felt really motivated. Had my son not been ready to leave I would have tried for at least another mile. My husband is off today and I'm going with him. This should be fun. He's going because I asked him but not something that he wants to do on his day off. We have an errand to run and it's not far from the gym so I think it's stupid to not stop by there. I'll probably take the lap top and he can surf the net while I get my steps in.

All of the walking/jogging/running yesterday paid off. I am down 1.4lbs so on my way to my ticker weight hopefully. I made my last craving this morning for breakfast ... hushpuppies, yep hushpuppies. I have now consumed everything that I have been craving so hopefully I am good for awhile, HOPEFULLY

Last edited by love2b150; 07-10-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #382  

S/C/G: SW:180s CW:167 GW:150

Height: 5' 3"

When I hit in the 50s i'm really going to feel like im doing something right! i always vary from 163-168
Old 07-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #383  
~Rennie

Janelle and to the thread. I was stuck between those numbers also. What avenues are you taking to move through this journey?
Old 07-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #384  
~Rennie

Weekend is here Happy Saturday

I'm so bad. I saw 159 yesterday and today back at 161. But I'm going to do a low day today so I should be great for my weigh in on Monday with my son
Old 07-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #385  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

I saw 168.0 today, was really hoping for 167 something, but hey I'll take it.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 170/163.6/130

Height: 5 ft. 4 in.

Hi ya'll, I'm new to this board cause I'm a newbie! I am at 169.6 as of today and this is my NEW HIGH! (I was trying to lose a few months ago and got to 153 and gained it all back).

Done with the yoyo diets and am going for consistency and gentle-to-my-body approach this time around!

I just jogged/walked two miles and I plan on not eating past 8 (that's what usually gets me). Looking forward to getting back down to 165ish.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #387  
~Rennie

MauiKai, I'm right here with you hoping for a better weigh in ... hoping we have a better weigh ins tomorrow

iam@hero and to the thread. I long to see 153 ... hope you're not here long and can move to the next decade quickly

I'm at 160.6 today
Old 07-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 170/163.6/130

Height: 5 ft. 4 in.

Love2b, that is awesome! You're so close and it must feel pretty awesome. I felt great at 153. So great that I started to think I could splurge again (nasty trap that is!) lol

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to updates!
Old 07-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #389  
~Rennie

thanks iam@hero the sad thing is I go back and forth from this thread to the 150's thread every week. I've been doing it since June. I can't keep my head (mouth) straight for more than a day. VERY SAD ... I went to the gym today burned 752 calories walking/jogging and came home and ate junk with my children, smh. Just plain foolish and I do it ever so often. One day I'll learn, prayerfully before this year is out ... On the feeling great weight ... I felt great at 165 in 2010 and ended up gaining the weight I loss back and some more. So this time I have gone a little further but still haven't got my head fully in the game, thus the constant bounce back. Thanks for listening
Old 07-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #390  

love2b: I love to walk too but I don't like our neighborhood and getting out with or without kids to walk is a challenge.

So, Ive been thinking about my goal and I am changing it to 165. All my old clothes fit me now, ( size 9/10) and I am starting to feel deprived by trying to eat the amount required to go any lower. I look good, and dare I say relatively thin and healthy. Im in a healthy BMI and I can run and play with my kids with no problem. My thighs don't rub together with skirts anymore ( I LOVE this benefit) I think I may be hurting myself trying to go lower, starting to get more in the bad old diet mindset for myself which then involves feeling deprived and eating when Im not hungry thereby actually gaining weight.

So, Im just going to maintain here for a while. My goals are going to shift to more fitness based goals. I still want to increase my strength and cardiovascular health. If I happen to lose more weight great but Im not going to strive for it. So, I guess I will be in the 160's thread possibly forever. But that is ok.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 07-14-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Closed Thread