Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #301  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Mad Donnelly how to do us prepare the dark chocolate with the almond butter, sounds like a treat I'd love good job on your fast

Syckgirlsfv ... not bratty at all

hiddenstar yay you on the 155 Well that's great that you have the calm safe house. what a blessing to those children

I'm up .2 to 159. Creeping up again and of course it's my fault. I'll get it right one of these days.

Happy Friday Everyone
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, the treats ARE hard to keep from stuffing into my mouth. HOWEVER, it's been 2 days and there are still a lot left so I'm not doing too bad. That first day, I couldn't see how they would even last 1 day.

My chocolate treat is just the Lindt 86% cocoa squares that I dip into my organic almond butter. It's a splurge but one square hits the spot. It's to replace my former habit of "homemade PB cup" .. you know, a Hershey's milk chocolate bar dipped into Jif peanut butter (or am I the only adult that's ever done that?). I still feel like I'm doing something "bad" but "good", but it really helps me when I'm feeling deprived without completely going off around the bend.

Now, this is only a sporadic foray. I don't ALWAYS keep the dark chocolate around and the almond butter will not be a staple either. My treats that I made were something I had been wanting to try for a while, so once those are gone, I won't make them again for a while.

I am planning on trying a week without dairy as an experiment, so I really didn't want to go into it already feeling deprived.

Last edited by Mad Donnelly; 07-11-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:16 PM   #303  
~Rennie

Thanks, honestly I didn't even think of ever dipping my chocolate into the peanut butter. I would just buy a king size pack of reeces and eat them all I have some Ghiradelli dark chocolate, the next time I want something sweet I'm gonna spread some almond butter on it. Thanks again. I too wanted to try going without dairy for a week to see if that is what is causing my bloating.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:47 PM   #304  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

I'd love to hear how it goes doing a week without dairy. So please keep us up to date.

I don't think that i could survive a day without cheese. Some people got to have their chocolate. My weakness is cheese. But i have been making better choices for the cheese and always weigh it.
hiddenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:42 PM   #305  
~Rennie

hiddenstar cheese has been my go to for awhile now. LOL when I think dairy the first thing that comes to mind is milk and ice cream. I don't know why I use regular milk when I can easily drink soy no problem at all. And the ice cream I shouldn't be eating anyway because I only eat it with cake (a second )
Old 07-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #306  

Down a little more 155.0 dh wants to go out to eat tonight. So even though i might make smart choice i need to prepare for sodium gain.

I heard of people dipping chocolate bar into peanut butterbut never did it. I'd rather just eat peanut butter off a spoon.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #307  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

157.6 this morning...TOM is torturing me by not showing up yet.

We rode 20 miles yesterday and then ate pizza...YUM! I love pizza. It's one thing I just cannot give up! I'll try to get in a ride by myself today while DH is gone to a meeting. I got to get this water off!!!!!

love2b have you tried almond milk? It's good (I like it) and it has 50% more calcium than cow's milk. Plus, what I've read about cow's milk has ensured that I never drink it ever again! I do eat ice cream, though...really everything these days has been ruined and is bad for us
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #308  
~Rennie

hiddenstar, peanut butter on a spoon gets me into trouble I don't particularly care for the almond butter but I can eat it and will only eat 1 tbsp. Enjoy your dinner out so romantic just get your water in most of the day I think that should help so you can keep the scale moving and move onto the 140's soon.

Syckgirlsfv, it's coming off, you're doing great as usual I tried almond milk once. I probably didn't give it a fair shot. I'm not a fan of almonds either though so it may just be the taste, idk. But I do like the soy milk. Yeah if we took everything we read to heart we would probably not eat much of anything.

I was 159 yesterday and I'm 161 today but doing a low day to clean this mess out so I should be good tomorrow and much better on Monday for my weigh in with my son
Old 07-13-2014, 10:46 AM   #309  

I like the almond milk to but it has to be vanilla flavor. I get the unsweetened also.

I hate giving up pizza too. But i severely need to limit how often i have it. I have a really hard time stopping at 1-2 slices.

I didn't do to bad after dinner. Had a 6oz sirlion with broccoli and potatoes. Up only a little to 155.8
Old 07-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #310  
California licensed CPA!

down a tiny bit to 157.4 today. I'm ok with it, because yesterday we ate breakfast out, and the meals were so big that we only ate half, then went for a 23.5 mile ride, then ate the other half for dinner. Bacon, Avocado, Tomato, and Cheese omelets with hashbrowns! Ridiculously good. But I usually have a sodium water gain from that type of stuff, so down .2 is ok.

DH wants to do something fun today - he wants to go walk around somewhere and give our bodies a bike break. We might go have pizza at this place call Garage Pizza in Silverlake, and then walk around Hollywood a bit. It's right next door to Silverlake and the pizza place is on Sunset Blvd. so we'll already be there. Hollywood is only 5 miles from us to begin with and we like to go walk around down there on Hollywood Blvd. or Melrose - you can walk a LONG way and window shop the whole time We just need to stay away from Te'Kila's! LOL
Old 07-14-2014, 07:00 AM   #311  

S/C/G: 207/121/128

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick Hello to all, you've been great support in the 160's thread, but I guess it's time for me to join you all here. A new weight "decade" is always exciting, and a little bit scary.

Special shout out for Love2be and Mad D
DLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #312  
California licensed CPA!

ugh, didn't stay away from Te'Kila's and paying for it now ate bad food and drank way too much yesterday, drinking lots of water today but I know that I'm in trouble later. We had a blast, though. It may take a while for me to undo all that fun...I was 158 this morning but by now I'm sure it's more. I'm not weighing again until tomorrow
Old 07-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 171/165/140

Height: 5' 8"

Thank you for the welcome hiddenstar!!!
FitFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #314  
California licensed CPA!

even with Sunday's antics I am still in the 150's. 159, but it's water and I'm getting it gone already. I rode 22 miles on my bike with DH yesterday, that's a good start. Eating so very clean today and yesterday, to continue on through the week. I won't be doing that craziness again for a WHILE!
Old 07-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #315  
California licensed CPA!

hmmmm....where did you ladies all go? I'm talkin' to myself!

just came in from a 16 mile bike ride for a 550 or so calorie burn - cooking dinner with DH now.

He's doing the bison burgers, and I'm fixing fresh asparagus and the chipotle sweet potato fries he ordered from Omaha Steaks. It smells amazing in here