Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #391  
California licensed CPA!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

154 again...I'll take it. Not so long ago my normal everyday weight was 167

last night, briefly after my bike ride, I was 153.5 so it's around the corner! Hope I don't **** it up today! daughter's grad from her career college is today, she earned her certified medical assistant. It's an hour away and who knows what we'll do afterwards.

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 08-09-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Syckgirlsfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Congrats to your daughter, Syckgirlsfv!

So, how did you celebrate?
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #393  
California licensed CPA!

jenteisving thank you! I'm proud of her, she took her certification test a few weeks ago - when they announced her name they also announced "honor roll, certified medical assistant" I guess if they just say the person's name and nothing else, it means they didn't get certified yet and didn't make honor roll. It was a nice ceremony, 4 campuses all at once so there were a lot of grads! We had pizza last night, and I did have a couple shots of vodka and a pear cider. Needless to say, 156 this morning

BUT, we are going on a 25 mile bike ride today, so that pesky water will likely go bye bye quick :ride:
Old 08-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #394  

Jeneteisving: Congrats on the button fly!

Sycksgirlfv: congrats to your daughter! That is awesome!

Love2b: How are you doing these days?

I weighed in at 158 this morning. My dh and I have been taking the little kids for rides in the bike trailer and I have been taking them for walks in the afternoons. I have been much more active the past couple of weeks and it has been fun!
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:39 AM   #395  

Just stoppin by...

I'm back down to 158.8

Pinkhippie - Thank you
High five on the 158

Syckgirlsfv - Oh wow! Double congrats to your daughter! That truly is an awesome achievement
(And well worth the two pounds of water weight if you ask me
Besides, they'll be gone in no time. Does it sound like I'm trying to suck up to you if I say how much I admire all those long, and especially regular, bike rides? It's true, though, I honestly do.)
On a sidenote, pear cider sounds yummy

Can I file a missing persons report for Rennie, hiddenstar and Mad Donnelly? Where are you guys?
Old 08-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #396  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

It's so dark out today! =P Eerie.
Well, I was pretty good food and exercise-wise but because my TOM is still at bay, I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to weigh-in. Sounds like everyone else is going well! Nice job Pinkhippie and JenteIsving.

Syckgirlsfv - pear cider is so bangin'.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:43 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Sorry I haven't checked in. Had family over the past week and haven't been on the compute much. I'm at 155.6! So excited it's coming off! Hope everyone is doing well.
nayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #398  
California licensed CPA!

1 pound of water gone already this morning, and we didn't even get to ride!

jenetIisving and Pinkhippie thank you!

lildazed - yes the pear cider rocks! I get Wyder's...it's only 140 calories per 12 oz bottle so not too bad

jenteIsving LOL I do love my bike rides! we do about 80 or so miles a week, which translates to over 3,000 calories burned

we were going to ride last night and then found a giant nail in DH's tire needless to say we decided to take both bikes in and have them tuned up - the gears need adjusting any how and my back tire is a little wobbly so they will straighten the spokes. I am also buying a bike rack that fits in to the trailer hitch on my truck finally! we will be able to pack the bikes up and take them to the beach or where ever else we want to go! My truck has a lid on it and the bikes don't fit very well - DH's bike is long and keeps us from being able to shut my tailgate. Excited! We'll pick them up today and head out for a ride

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 08-12-2014 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #399  

Oh Christ! They are having "American Weeks" at our local Aldi. Jelly Beans and (mini) pies everywhere. And now in my pantry, too. And in my stomach.
I'm pretty sure that none of the pies come even close to real American recipes, but they were still pretty good. 5 to 10 kilometer walk tonight? I think so...

On another note, have you noticed how "retro" is chic these days? Apparently that goes for produce, too. "Vintage vegetables" are all the rage right now.
I'm game!
I finally bought some parsnips at the farmer's market today, so tonight I'll try this recipe for parsnip "French fries" that I've been meaning to try out for weeks now.
Jente vs. the parsnips, round 1
Old 08-13-2014, 12:49 PM   #400  

Waiting for the rain to stop...
Summer is definitely winding down, this feels - and smells - more like autumn rain.
Doesn't look good for my evening walk today.

So if I don't get to do this , I guess I'll just go back to this:
Old 08-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #401  
California licensed CPA!

this morning - 152.4

WHOOSH! Maybe eating kiwi fruit the last few days has cleaned out my system! in any case, yay!

I've now lost 20 pounds
Old 08-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #402  

wow sycksgirlfv: congrats on 152! Holy smoke!

I am still hovering around 158/159. I was looking at my weight history and I realized that for the past few months I have been losing weight around the rate of about 2 pounds per month. lol! But hey it works for me. And I have been working out and loving it. Even though my weight is the same, I was able to actually "button" my skinny jeans today. ( haven't been able to fit into them since I lost a bunch of weight post divorce about 9 years ago) I couldn't even fasten them last month. I just feel pretty happy with my body right now.

And here is something cool: Tonight is my daughters open house for her ballet studio. Last year I wore a big long sleeved shirt because it was my most flattering shirt. Never mind that it was August in the south. And my jeans, the only pair I could squeeze into and again the most flattering pants I had. I was uncomfortable and dripping sweat the whole time I was there.
Today I am wearing my new shorts and tank top in smaller sizes. I look athletic and healthy and I feel confident and happy about how I look. Its hard to believe that I felt so different just a year ago. I really feel like myself again.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #403  
California licensed CPA!

way to go pinkhippie!!!

I'm also wearing jeans I ordered online a few years ago, but didn't really ever quite like the fit of. Now they are loose. My snug jeans, size 10s, are ALL loose now.

152.6 this morning...I'll take it! LONG bike ride tonight! TGIF!!!!!

Last edited by Syckgirlsfv; 08-15-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:33 PM   #404  

sycksgirlfv That is such an awesome feeling when formerly snug jeans are loose.

So I had food poisoning this weekend and today is the first day I don't feel like Im dying. The scale showed me 154 this morning. Obviously Im not going to count that, as a weekend spent not eating and being ill will do that to you.

Last edited by Pinkhippie; 08-17-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #405  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Pinkhippie -Congrats! I hope your daughter's open house went well. Sounds like you were rocking it stylish up in there. Also, food poisoning?! =( Never a good thing. Feeling better now?

Syckgirlsfv - Loose fitting jeans are the best. None of those awkward skin indentions at the end of the day. Haha.

Well, it was more or less a cheat weekend for me. I meant to only cheat on Friday but due to stress level rising, I was pretty bad Saturday too. Still hit the gym, but I'm gonna try and be really good this week. Oy.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote