Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 10:30 AM   #406  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Well, I feel recovered from my craptastic day yesterday. Today will be much more low key becuase more people are gone and there are no meetings.

I got very little sleep last night. I am going to fall asleep and bonk my head on the computer. O well.

QOD: No, my favorite outfit would look pretty bad on anyone, and on me... It is a pair of striped bibs that were died brown and then cut off in to shorts. They belonged to my boyfried who is much larger than I am. The little clippy things for the bibs broke so they are heald together with wire. It is a very flexible outfit becuase it looks equally bad with any shirt. None the less, I wear it whenever I get a chance

Well, I suppose I have to dash. The round robin looks good. Maybe I will hop on later.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:09 AM   #407  
Is it Friday yet?

Mornin' everyone....

Still tired. For some stupid reason I didn't go to bed early, I sat up watching tv all the while my eyes literally burning because of exhaustion. Why do I do things like this????
Tonight, bed, EARLY! I miss the days of being TOLD to go to sleep - being an adult sucks sometimes...

Amarantha, no joke, they said the scents violated the rights of people who were forced to smell things they didn't want to. IMO this is taking things to the extreme. It never did pass btw.
Da' mom's got her favorite water-toys, problem is that water tastes foul. She said her mouth feels like it's coated in foam and even water, and she has always been a *huge* water drinker, tastes really really bad. So she's drinking diet Snapple and Gatoraid... better than nuthin' I guess. Oh, and no steroids, I don't think they'd do much with chemo - they told her this was just part of it. They're keeping a close eye on her and thank goodness only one more treatment to go!

Kaylets, you are absolutely right - you're not going to get everyone to agree with your parenting choices, and until they've been in your shoes, or in your house, they really can't tell you what you're doing is wrong. You and DH need to do what you feel is right. WE agree with you!
About being able to do the treatments while the person is "out" - I mentioned to my mom in the beginning, when the fatigue first hit her, that she should just sleep until it was time for radiation. Thankfully that time is coming in just a month...

Arabella, I can't imagine how relieved you must feel! Very cool that it's affecting your healthy habits too!

Anyone else a little worried about Anagram's disappearance? I hope she's just spending extra time with her mom...

Zadie, may I borrow "craptastic"? Great word! Glad you survived yesterday and hope the rest of the week is uneventful - here's to Friday

Q o' the day ~
I'm torn, with all the new clothes I have, I now have favorite outfits that I DO look best in, but I also have favorite clothes that I look like a total slob in, but they're comfy and worn only in the house.

Time to scoot and get some work done!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 08-19-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:21 AM   #408  
Momma Frog

Hi all!

Me Post....

I'm having a bit of a hunger struggle for the past half week or so. I'm eating the same kinds of foods that I have been eating on my low carb modified, but I'm excruciatingly hungry for the past couple of days. I'm almost about to give up and I REALLY don't want to! I have only a few more lbs (8) to be in onederland. And then ultimate goal is about 40 lbs from that. I haven't cheated so that's a good thing. I'm really struggling though.. I'd kill for a scoop of ben and jerry's fish food. (Frozen yogurt. The icecream is too rich for me) or a piece of chocolate (which I haven't had in almost 2 months

Sorry I haven't been on much, but between work and trying to stay ontrack with eating, I've been busy.

Last edited by frogger; 08-19-2003 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:58 PM   #409  
Momma Frog

and I certainly know how to kill a thread.........
Old 08-19-2003, 04:42 PM   #410  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Just got back from a sojourn seeking gas ... finally found a station open with two tankers sitting outside and two lines running three to four blocks. It only took an hour ... :sigh: so now I'm not going anywhere because I refuse to fill up and carry the stuff around in cans ... which is what took so long in the line ... people filling up two cans each and then their tank, which irritates me, as it smacks of hoarding!

Punkin, there are a lot of flavored waters out there that might appeal to mom ... Propel Fitness Water comes to mind, but Walmart carries a Sam's Club variety that is good, except it's carbonated, which Propel isn't. Maybe she'd like to try those.

Re steroids, they are giving them to people on chemo these days to alleviate loss of strength, weight loss, etc., at least in cases I've known in the past few years. But not being a doc, I dunno if it'd apply in your mom's case, and since she's almost done, it's moot. Still it's something to ask the docs about. Dunno much about it.

Frogger, see you haven't ended the thread!!!

Keep going, this excessive hunger is IMKIAO, a prelude to weight loss!

I'm really hungry today as well. If it weren't for the 21-day challenge, I'd be bingeing! I'm sticking to that challenge like glue!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:25 PM   #411  

Ah, loyal Punkin & Arabella, thank you for your good thoughts - no need to worry. I'm here and there and everywhere but not feeling cheerful enough to post much.

Have been spending much time with DM or working on her behalf. Unfortunately, things continue to worsen, as yesterday they discovered a malignancy that has been causing her severe pain. She had already been unable to speak so it was a case of seeing her distress and when dr. probed, found source. No particular diagnostics will be done to find out where it originated, etc. as nothing could be done for her except to keep her comfortable. Blood work confirms it has spread to her liver; blood work on same three weeks ago showed no such signs.

She has been started on morphine today in addition to other painkillers as her discomfort has become severe. Last report was that she was "resting comfortably" this evening. Sister and her dh are at the hospital for overnight.

Have not been adhering to anything strict, just hoping not to cause too much damage to weight loss during this time. Not being too demanding on me as stress level has been high. Tonight though I seem to be achieving peace.

We'll see what the morning brings......hang in, all royal personages and conquer.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:43 PM   #412  
Spreadin' the luv.

Exclamation Bloody smileys!!!!!

Aaaaaagh! I just spent an hour of my life posting to EVERYONE and used too many smileys and lost EVERYTHING!!!

I was being so CLEVER, too. @#$%^&^^%$#@!!!!!!!!!

I'm too exhausted to do it again. Oops, there's Anagram. Hey, darlin'. I'm thinking about you, my dear. I wish you peace and rest tonight. I'll think about you lots this evening.

Much love to the rest of you - I'll say what I had to say again tomorrow, Cyber Gods permitting.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:41 AM   #413  
Gonna be strong and fit!

I just popped on for a minute and saw your post, Anagram. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I know this must be very painful. You know you can come her and destress when you need too. Remember to take time for yourself. Try to maintain if you can and if you can't don't beat yourself up over a few pounds, we all know we can kick 'em to the curb again.

Sending you

You take care of yourself

BoBeena
Old 08-20-2003, 06:54 AM   #414  
deleted2

Hi Anagram,
Thank you for letting us know what's going on. You're in my thoughts--sending you strength and peace....

Old 08-20-2003, 06:55 AM   #415  

Hello all!!

I have a Toastmasters Speech to give at noon today, " Thinking Outside The Box"-- Wish me luck!

Anagram: From all of us ((((((((HUG))))))))-- I am so sorry for you and your family. I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts. I'm glad they are keeping her comfortable.
(((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))))

Today's thought is :

"I cannot touch without being touched,"
-- Bob Perks

Today's question is :
"Is summer the best season?"
Old 08-20-2003, 07:25 AM   #416  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Good luck, Kaylets! I'm sure you'll be great -- wish I could hear you!

For whatever reason -- haven't managed to figure it out yet -- I was in a weird, edgy, anxious mood yesterday and then couldn't sleep last night. Don't know exactly what the problem is, but I think that the answer is to try to do those things that make me feel better: yoga, tidy the house, get outside.

I've been a little in a rut, I think. I remember before MIL arrived I was feeling like "I just can't do this," and like I really needed a break. So maybe this is just a continuation of that.

I feel silly even posting this when so many of you have such difficult things going on in your lives right now, but mood is such a strange and unpredictable thing. However, I have to remember that I can control my mood (esp. by taking control of my life) and I vow to do it.

Re: QOD -- I LOVE summer, but I feel like it's passing me by. Haven't been getting to the beach or spending enough time outside. Maybe I can still salvage some of it...
Take good care of yourselves, Lovelies! I'll be thinking of you!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:14 AM   #417  
caffeine free!

Hello,
Fly by. Conference call in 23 minutes where theoreticallly I find out if I have a job. AARRGG

Anagram - I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I wish both her and your wholee family comfort.

QOD: No. I am not a summer person. I love autumn. Spring is nice as well. Summer is just too darn hot. If the temp stayed below 70 I would like it a lot more. Winter I like in small doses (like two months) but once I hit February I am ready for spring.

Well, must dash. My destiny awaits.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:24 AM   #418  
Empress/Queen

Anagram, sorry your mom is going through this. It sounds as though you are coping and hanging on very well. Thinking of you!

Arabella, you should not feel silly posting about anything that troubles you. We all have a need for support and we all have our own sadnesses and troubles. Hang in there and I do think yoga will help!

Zadie: Hope the conference call turns out well.

This is a fly-by, I'm off to the 21-day challenge thread and have early appointment with trainer. Working tonight. Gas situation is still a mess here and may need an extra hour to fill up again later.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:26 AM   #419  
Empress/Queen

Oh, re question of the day, in Arizona, summer is only the best season if you have a cabin in the mountains and a job where you can take three months off.

In my case, though ...
Old 08-20-2003, 10:43 AM   #420  
deleted2

Arabella, We love it when you're here and always want to know what's happening with you. Wouldn't be the same without you!
Do you think maybe that you're "decompressing" from the visit with MIL? I love mine, but still there's a stressful element there.

Closed Thread