Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2003, 10:27 AM   #541  
deleted2

I'm here to humbly report that I've exceeded my Labor Day challenge to lose 5 pounds. I weighed this morning and since July I've lost 7 pounds!!!

I'm not given to making big sweeping statements [hate 'em actually] but I think after 5 1/2 years I think I'm finally getting it. I truly believe that if I keep up with this regime that I'll get to my goal. And believeing it is a big part of it for me.

So this puts me at 144 pounds----can't remember the last time I weighed 144. Sorry for the mememe post, but I'm incapable of anything else right now----I feel like I've crossed over into really believing I can do this and am really humbled by it!

Old 08-31-2003, 11:02 AM   #542  
Empress/Queen

x 5 to Eydie for the exceedement of her Labor Day challenge!!!! WTG, Eydie!!!

I'm also claiming victory on this challenge, although to be PRECISE, I didn't make my EXACT goal. Still, the number contains 158 and I AM SURE THAT HALF POUND IS WATER!!!

I'm very happy with this result and it is due to the Flexpoints because I was just about ready to quit the whole weight loss game when I decided to do the new plan. I think I'll have good results for the Halloween challenge. In fact, Hagometer has looked into her crystal ball deep in the scary forest and it SAYS:
'AMARANTHA, AS WELL AS ALL THE LABORIOUS LOSERS WILL REACH THEIR HALLOWEEN GOALS!!! NO FEARS, DEARS!'

Old 08-31-2003, 11:05 AM   #543  

Congrats Eydie ! Good for you. What a great feeling to know its working for you!

I'm not very cheerful today...
Recvd word this am that a beloved great uncle passed late last night. His wife of more than 60 yrs is just now realizing she does want some of her family w/ her although for many years we were told "it would be too much of a burden, you won't know until its all over with"..... I know these people more from stories relayed by my mother. Only met face to face twice. The 2nd time, they were planning their deaths then, 30 yrs ago. They never dreamnt they'd live this long and now one has to go on alone.
I cannot imagine what she is feeling. She has never learned to drive and has no children. Her fierce sense of independence has held most of us at bay and now she is realizing that she needs someone.
And she is 2000 miles away.

At least, she doesnt have to watch her husband suffer from prostate cancer and just last week, a broken hip.

How crushing this is to know it was only to provide for family that we are so far from her now. And that this easily could happen again, with my own parents-- wishing I was closer geographically.

Sorry to be so somber today.

I am hoping to use this as even more motivation that "today is the day" ...etc but am just overwhelmed right now.

---
Empress--
I do the same thing when we go to BJ's- I tell DH its to make me stay on course and I do know I am afraid of being as large as some of these folks are. But I wonder if steroid or antidepressant medications are to blame. I witnessed both types of drugs creating shockingly quick weight gains. What some of these drugs can do to your metabolism is amazing.
---

I'm going to take a shower now.

Be back later...
Old 09-01-2003, 01:22 AM   #544  
Empress/Queen

Sorry for your loss, Kaylets. Hope your aunt is able to get the support she needs even though the family's so far away.

I posted earlier but deleted it as it seemed to reflect too much of my bad mood or something. Probably need to eat something, but am liking the hoarding of the Flexpoints too much, for now.

Congrats on making (and exceeding) your goal, Eydie! You're doing great!

I kind of made mine as well ... the half pound was gone by afternoon, but because the a.m. weigh-in is my official one, I'm just leaving it. It doesn't matter that much to me, to tell ya the truth. I'm happy with my results for the challenge.

See everyone later!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:32 AM   #545  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Smile Day 8

Happy Labour Day all!

Reporting that my loss for this challenge is 4 pounds....now if the truth were to be known and that seems to be the way, I've lost and gained those pounds at least 2x, maybe 3 over the course of the challenge. However to their being gone FOREVER!

for Eydie....way to go!

It is quite dull here.... started late last night...hopefully it will wander its way outta here by the pm.

Well I have a mountain of laundry to do, one child goes back to grade 11 tomorrow and the other starts classes at the U on Thurs.

Have a great "labour-less (HA)" day!

Ceara
Old 09-01-2003, 10:11 AM   #546  
Empress/Queen

Ceara for your 4-pound loss!!! WTG!!! Those s are gone forever.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-01-2003 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:08 AM   #547  

Hello all--

Slept in unusually late and then had a race w/the trash man to see how much I could get outside to the trash b/4 they showed up. Got some overdue weeding done as a result and bumped into a neighbor outside as well. We then went to the grocery to chat and pick up a few sale items-- Nice to see her.

Dh is watching Jerry Lewis but its bittersweet as Jerry is obviously not well and the show has a different format. Seems like just another reminder that we are at a crossroads.

Time for a new challenge! Who shall be our opener this time?
I am eager to see a new thread.
Today's thought is:

Your are merely the lens in the beam. You can only receive, give and possess the light as the lens does... You wil know life and
be acknowledged by it according to your degree of transparency, your capacity, that is, to vanish as an end, and remain purely as a means.
--Dag Hammarskjold

Today's question is :
"How many hours of sleep do you need to be at your best?"

/*********************
Old 09-01-2003, 11:54 AM   #548  
Hot Stuff

Kaylets, sorry to hear about your uncle and your poor aunt. It is often easier to accept an offer of help than it is to request help, so be sure she knows the offer is there.

Congrats Eydie, Ceara, and Amarantha for meeting or exceeding your Labour Day goals!

I am holding at six pounds lost, which is just fine with me! I'm ready for the next challenge and have been thinking of many changes I want to make. All set to start!

We need a name, though. BOOtiful Spirits? Gorgeous Goblins? Or just a Scary Hallowe'en Challenge?

Started my day with a tea injury. I was pouring boiling water from the kettle into the teapot when the kettle lid slipped off, hit my ring and pinky fingers on the right hand that were wrapped around the handle, and the steam from the boiling water hit my hand. My two fingers took the worst of it because they were wrapped under the handle. It's now over three hours later and I can't straighten the fingers completely because the skin is too taught and it's red, looks like I'll have blisters running the length of both fingers. It's a little hard to type, but since you type with your fingers slightly curled anyway, it isn't too bad. Aloe with Lidocaine has helped with the pain.

Amarantha, Tim Horton's is a donut and coffee shop chain that is all over Canada, with a few just across the border from southern Ontario. We have Krispy Kreme here, and I hate to say it to such a fan, but I don't like Krispy Kreme! I'd take Tim's donuts any day if I had to choose between the two. If you ever get the chance to find a Tim Horton's, buy a Canadian Maple donut. You will never want another Krispy Kreme!

Well, I worked yesterday and Saturday, and I am NOT going in to the office today!

Where are the rest of our Labor Day Losers? Enjoying the long weekend, I hope!
Old 09-01-2003, 01:50 PM   #549  
Empress/Queen

Wildfire, on your six pounds lost!!! WTG! And thanks for congratulating me ... I needed it!

Hard to believe anyone doesn't like Krispy Kreme, but guess this Tim guy must make one HECK of a donut!! Likely it's best if I never make his acquaintance, methinks!

I'm not going to do the Halloween challenge this year, although I AM the Halloween Hag! I posted an End of Daylight Savings Challenge thread here and on the WW board, which is kind of hard to navigate. Just a crazy idea I had for getting to where I want to be by winter.

Later, gators!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 09-01-2003 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:09 PM   #550  

NOW I LIKE THAT!! I LOVE it when we change the clocks! Its the best time of year!
Let's do that one all??!!?? Ok??? I think its PERFECT because there really isnt any traditional food linked to that event.

Well, that's just my opinion. I know other people HATE the time change....

What do you all think?
Old 09-01-2003, 02:55 PM   #551  
the sword bearer

Wink OK

'Tis Ok by me. The savings time thingy I mean.

Empress, oops I mean Hag 'O Hut, Tim is dead. Sorry. He was a famous sorta hockey player, whose family sold his name/and whatever donut stores they had, to be used by some huge company who knew how to market and the product took off. I saw a special on the bunch on the CBC last year...so sad for the family, they sold out too soon, didn't keep percentage options and really didn't get much...now they are litigating? I like their coffee, but since they went to the frozen product, which they then thaw and bake, I won't buy the donuts...they are too doughy. Even my husband doesn't like them.

Way to go Wildfire! SIX! And Empress A....alll that WW work is paying off!

I gotta go and finish up my ratatatuee (cain't spell worth s...) and sour dough buns!

Ceara
Old 09-01-2003, 03:16 PM   #552  
Empress/Queen

Oh, no! Donut Tim is DEAD!????

And these Canadian Maple Donuts are FROZEN?
Old 09-01-2003, 04:45 PM   #553  
Hot Stuff

I haven't seen any difference in the Tim's donuts. I know they were test marketing in some areas using dough that was frozen, but I wasn't aware it had gone chain-wide. Nevertheless, I still like 'em!

Doesn't matter to me which challenge we do. We just have to leave breadcrumbs so everyone finds everyone.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:03 PM   #554  

Smile Follow the crumbs!

I couldnt resist and started posting on the Empress's Time Change Thread....

Hope you all join us!
Old 09-02-2003, 06:07 PM   #555  
the sword bearer

Talking in case the birds ate 'em

Zadie K is afraid that some of you may get lost along the way....

We're up on the End of savings time (or its evil twin) with the Empress A.....it is only 4-5 days before The H Holiday....and isn't associated with FOOD.

See ya'll there!

Ceara
Closed Thread