Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #241  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Zoodoo--I would be unable to resist painting that if it were sitting in my kitchen. What a lovely and tasty composition you arranged there!

Diana--At the moment, I already have the part time job. I signed the paperwork and everything. I have an email with them and all that jazz. I just will be in dire financial straits if I can't find a second job to supplement it. If the FSUS job gets offered to me--THEN I will have a real conundrum. The job I like and potential financial insecurity, or the job I might not like and financial stability?

Eep! I am going to go play some video games or read a book and not think about it lest I decide that chocolate will solve everything. Hah!
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #242  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I got a lot of satisfaction this morning. My thin husband who has gone swimming every other day for the last 6 months - swimming a mile every other day is not unfit. However, I can lift more weight than he can for all exercises except chest exercises and there he can do a bit more than me. He's hobbling around the house barely able to walk. I lifted the same amount of weight with my legs/butt (just went to that weight this week - and it's NOT heavy) and I feel great - not fatigued.

I'm taking a bit of satisfaction with that! I'm getting stronger and fitter! I've come a long way in 7 months!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #243  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Checking in at 216.8
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #244  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Melissa: Great Job!

I am checking into today. Stepped on the scales and it read the same thing! I was shocked. Back to being good again!

I got my ticker! I am so happy! Now, I need to get that ticker to move!
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #245  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon,
I wanted to share something that I thought was cool. Yesterday at the concert we were standing and having a good time when a sweeper came by. I thought I'd be nice an rearrange my bag strap for him so he could sweep. Mind you there are a lot of people behind me and if I bent over I'd block the whole concert so I squatted. I got all the way down to where I could sit on the back of my feet. The crazy part that wasn't the neat thing as usually I can get down it's getting back up with my hip that never happens. And I realized this only after I went down. But before asking for help I tried it and I sprung up with easy. I tested that move out several times during the concert I feel it in my inner thighs today...that is so awesome.

Walking with ease and squatting with is ease, I never thought I'd see the day. Just five years ago we were prepping this house for wheel chair. I want to cry with happiness. I really feared the wheel chair and the loss of my right side and I truly believe that the exercise (although poopooed on by one doctor) is really working. I may not be losing weight but Oh man, to walk for 9 hours and to get up and down off a ground are by far more important to me than being thin. I love the way legs work and I was so scared mine were stopping...and now I have hope for the future to maybe walk with my grandkids on a lovely evening (hopefully far in the future ).

I just HAD to share that.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:00 PM   #246  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

mojo - i was JUST gonna post the other day that winnie the pooh is a sugar addict LOL i was watching those movies with my younger son for awhile last week...too funny!...hope things will work out well with the jobs!

zoodoo - those veggies look AMAZING!!! sooo jealous! our farmers markets arent anything like that but i can still get some good stuff

scale is holding steady this morning....my goals for this weekend are "mindful eating and relaxing weekend" and its written right on my food log where i always put my goals...it will be a challenge this afternoon though with the birthday cake and mcdonalds food at the birthday party so we'll see....hopefully my last 5ish months of dieting have taught me SOME restraint lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #247  
BlockHead =)

mojo keep posting! i hear you about using sugar to help deal with indecision (or for me any difficult emotion). At the interview, be honest with them about what you like and dislike about teaching in general and in the public school system in particular. Maybe your outlook is just what they are looking for! They contacted you after all And as a mom of a public schooled kid I am grateful for teachers who find ways to enhance the mandated curriculum, so if you can handle being back in the public school system I bet it would benefit the kids you teach. Just thoughts. Only you know in the end what will be right for you. I'll keep you in my thought though.
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Good afternoon everyone!!

Our water heater started leaking into the house yesterday. That is when I found that no shut off valve was installed for the water heater. As a result I had to cut all water to the house hot and cold. As a result my DW asked to eat out for lunch and dinner, Even worse she wanted Chinese food for lunch. So I reluctantly went being super cautious about my sodium. I ate at the salad bar. Then I had a 1/2 cup of plain white rice with two boiled eggs accompanied my a very small portion (about 2oz) of baked salmon. Followed by some watermelon. For dinner she wanted to go to Wendy's which is another sodium nightmare place. After studying the nutrition chart I ordered only a medium Frosty. Yes that's right a frosty at 430 calories and 200 mg of sodium it was the most sodium free item on the menu including their salads.

My totals for yesterday were 1555 calories and 438 mg of sodium. I am calorie cycling and the 1555 was 246 under my plan. The 438 mg of sodium was phenomenal consider I ate Chinese and Wendy's!!

My weight remains 223 and I have no swelling or pitting edema in my legs or ankles. Color me a happy camper!!

The Third week of Calorie Cycling

8/1/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 714 (937 under)
8/2/11 - Tue -goal 1201 calories - actual was 1040 (161 under)
8/3/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1031 (470 under)
8/4/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 812 (539 under)
8/5/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1555 (246 under)
8/6/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/7/11 - Sun -goal 1501 calories - actual was

Total so far for the week is 2353 calories under

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #249  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Afternoon All!
I decided to work today. It's been an awesome day in CVICU. I don't normally work over here, but I come when I can
I'm not really counting today, since I've had Chinese food and a dessert!
Monday is coming! Tomorrow is a running day for me! I'm excited!!
6 more hrs to go. I hope this late afternoon picks up!

hAPPi wEEKENd
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #250  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Berry: AWESOME! Haha, sounds like you're one strong momma!
Mommakat: Huzzah for functioning body parts!

Also: I HAS TICKER!

That means I've stuck with it for a good long time! Course...today I had only had 700 calories by 6pm, which for me is NOT a lot. So when the boyfriend asked me to stop and get him some ice cream (He's quitting smoking, so I indulge this to a point) I picked out a Magnum Bar for myself.

Which, bless his heart, he confiscated the minute I skipped in the door with it. "You always tell me you can't have sugar cause you'll just want more!" he chided, snatching it away from me and stuffing it back in the freezer. "I don't want to see you glaring at yourself in the mirror tomorrow and asking me why I let you eat that huge ice cream bar!" And then he said,

"You'd better get on that three fat ladies website or whatever and tell on yourself for buying it! It's called accountability, miss!!!"

...I'm so going to flush the rest of his cigarettes down the toilet now.
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:47 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

No Breakfast

Lunch was cooked vegetables 3/4 of my plate, no starch and white fish broiled.

Dinner was Pan fried Tilapia, cooked only using Pam spray and whole grain brown rice.

Total was 1193 Calories which is 308 under my Saturday calorie cycling goal.

Another outstanding day in the sodium department. Only 323 mg of sodium for the full day!!

Dropped another pound to 222.

Still no hot water but I have a new tank and I have installed a valve to it. then I could turn the cold water back on in the house for flushing, washing hands, brushing teeth and everything that you miss when no water is available. I have no stream nearby so I couldn't follow alaskanlaughter's method and get a bucket full to bring home.

The Third week of Calorie Cycling

8/1/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 714 (937 under)
8/2/11 - Tue -goal 1201 calories - actual was 1040 (161 under)
8/3/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1031 (470 under)
8/4/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 812 (539 under)
8/5/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was 1555 (246 under)
8/6/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1193 (308 under)
8/7/11 - Sun -goal 1501 calories - actual was

Total so far for the week is 2661 calories under

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 08-06-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #252  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Today I canned 8 jars of salsa and 7 jars of pickles. I got a killer deal on tomatoes. I am exhausted now. I lost a total of 4.6 pounds this week. Now to look for vacation packages in TN.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #253  
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojojuju View Post
Berry: AWESOME! Haha, sounds like you're one strong momma!
Mommakat: Huzzah for functioning body parts!

Also: I HAS TICKER!

That means I've stuck with it for a good long time! Course...today I had only had 700 calories by 6pm, which for me is NOT a lot. So when the boyfriend asked me to stop and get him some ice cream (He's quitting smoking, so I indulge this to a point) I picked out a Magnum Bar for myself.

Which, bless his heart, he confiscated the minute I skipped in the door with it. "You always tell me you can't have sugar cause you'll just want more!" he chided, snatching it away from me and stuffing it back in the freezer. "I don't want to see you glaring at yourself in the mirror tomorrow and asking me why I let you eat that huge ice cream bar!" And then he said,

"You'd better get on that three fat ladies website or whatever and tell on yourself for buying it! It's called accountability, miss!!!"

...I'm so going to flush the rest of his cigarettes down the toilet now.
LOL this made me LMAO!!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #254  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Mojo: You have a great support system!

Thanks for the chuckle!
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #255  
Lifelong Alaskan!

its been an interesting day today food-wise...being relaxed but mindful about what i eat and still logging it...at first i wasnt going to log anything but it's such a habit that i felt bad and decided to log it...

went to the birthday party at mcdonalds...i ate before i went there and that must have been why i wasnt craving everything on the menu...i had already made up my mind that, if i truly couldnt do without, i would go order a diet soda but i didnt even want that until the very end and only then because it was SUPER HOT inside there....so i didnt eat ANY mcdonalds food, which i was proud of, and i ate a very small piece of cake and just a few bites of ice cream...so i was proud of that too...we were there for almost 2 hours and i didnt even crave anything else, i was very surprised