Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-02-2011, 11:40 PM   #121  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Holy crap there's a bat in my house! What do I do? I want to get it out but I don't want to wake the baby! Ugh I wish DF was home already. I'm not afraid of bats but I am afraid of being loud when I try to get it out. It's in my son's room. I shut the door so it couldn't get to DD but I'm kinda stumped on what to do next. It's just hanging from the ceiling.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #122  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Diana32: My heart is absolutely disheartened at this moment when I read your sad news. I was just thinking earlier today and almost posted that we needed another Magnum update. From one pet owner/"that's my baby" to another, you and your DH are at the top of my prayer list. I cannot even say, "I know how you feel." or "I know what you're going through", b/c even though I have lost pets in the past, it is still not the same feelings you are having right now.
I feel like we have somehow formed a special bond in this group with the ones who have been around a bit, and I feel confident in saying that if you ever need to vent, we are all here to listen. Deepest sympathies to you and your DH , my friend!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:51 PM   #123  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Today, my plan was right on!!

Tuesday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, Fresh Peach 139
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Almond Caramel Ricotta Crème’, Mixed Nuts 575
Tropical Smoothie Lean Machine, Powerbar 530
Red Snapper, Idaho Spuds 199
Total: 1443

Water: 128 oz
Tennis: 836
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #124  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Holy crap there's a bat in my house! What do I do? I want to get it out but I don't want to wake the baby! Ugh I wish DF was home already. I'm not afraid of bats but I am afraid of being loud when I try to get it out. It's in my son's room. I shut the door so it couldn't get to DD but I'm kinda stumped on what to do next. It's just hanging from the ceiling.
are bats dangerous or something? do they bite you? i think bats are kinda cool...if it was me, i'd probably just leave it in there, maybe open a window so it could fly out...let me know what happens
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #125  
BlockHead =)

So ya. I did it. The big E word. First thing in the morning. Only a 10 minute workout, one of those 10 minute boot camp thingies you can stream on the Wii. It kicked my large bootie. I couldn't keep up with the "boxer shuffle" and am I way too uncoordinated to do all the moves right, but I punched and kicked and when in doubt I shook my groove thing. I couldn't believe it was only 10 minutes as I was sweating and reaching for water by the end, but hey, it's a start

Happy, health on plan day to all!
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:11 AM   #126  
BlockHead =)

oh shishke...do you have a fishing net? My DH says when he was a kid that's how they caught bats, when it would get flying in circles in a room his dad/uncle/whichever male type was around at the time would hold a fishing net up in the bat's path and it wouldn't see it with it's sonar and would fly right into, then they could take it outside and let it go.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:47 AM   #127  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Diana--I am so, so sorry. I wish I could take the pain away for you, my friend.
shellsbrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:30 AM   #128  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Have a great one and make the most of your day!

I would like to thank all of you for your kindness and words of support and courage. It means more to me than you can even imagine. I can truly feel the love from our group. I knew it was going to be rough, but geesh!

On to other news:

I got a call yesterday from the nurse at the allergists office. She said that the test results show that I am having an allergic reaction. DOH! It doesn't take a blood test to figure that one out. Anyways, she didn't have any specifics. Unfortunately, I think I intimidated her a little with my questions. Anyways, I scheduled an appointment to speak with the Dr. to find out the exact info from the tests. I also have a list of things I want to be skin tested for. I think I mentioned this this from my gyno appointment last week. The gyno said that 70%-90% of people in my situation are never able to find out what they are allergic to. What she is specifically meaning is that people who develop an allergy out of the blue as an adult. She also said that the majority of the time, the allergy passes over time. She implied that allergies that are present as a child are different than my type of situation. The Allergist and GP both mentioned the same thing. So, I am going for my next appointment. I will have all the skin tests that I want to have performed at that time. Then I am done with it.

Weigh In: 142.4
Down: .8
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Ugh, we get bats in the house all the time. My husband has a butterfly net that he'll catch it with and then let them go outside. Since it's still, trapping it with a bucket and newspaper might work. Count yourself lucky that it's just hanging there! It's so eerie to wake up to find one flying around the bedroom.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone
Yesterday Magnum was doing fine, but last night he took a turn for the worse. I am sad to post that we decided to have Magnum put to sleep this evening. We are both so sad and hurting right now. I just hope we made the right decision and have avoided him having to suffer. {{Magnum}}
I'm so sorry to hear that Diana. I'm sure you made the right decision, and there would never have been a point when it would have been an easy decision to make.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #131  

Mornin'.

Weigh-in this morning was 195.4. Another on track day yesterday, food-wise, 1400 calories. I need to just keep stringing them together and maybe I'll get somewhere.

This was odd, and I guess a bit of an NSV. I took my son to his art class last night. The last time he went was 3 weeks ago, since he was in CO the last 2 weeks. I did the same walk both time, 3.5 miles on the nearby rail trail. but this time I did it 3 minutes faster! Last time I felt really rushed to get back in time to pick him up and felt like I was booking it. This time I pushed, but it didn't feel that bad. My pace was pretty darn close to a 15 min/mile, where as 3 weeks ago it was over 16. I'm pretty surprised by this. The last 3 weeks have hardly been high intensity training weeks.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #132  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Quick pre-run update--weighed myself this morning out of curiosity and my suspicions were correct. Back up to 288.8! Almost eight pounds up.

This water weight gain-loss yo-yo seems excessive, even for me. I hope I don't discover I have a heart condition when I go in to see my doctor.

I bet I drop at least two of that in water after this run, since I'm gonna run as much as I walk for the first time today. Wish me luck!
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:28 AM   #133  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Feeling sore this morning in my legs. I think the squats yesterday during the workout did it. i think I went lower than I usually do. Interesting that my legs are feeling it because I was walking a lot while on vacation (so using my leg muscles) and I didn't up the weights on my legs during the workout. My arms, however, I felt yesterday the workout was easier and I was using the same weights as always. Halfway through, I switched my weights a bit higher and you would think with 1.5 weeks of no weighted workout and with upping my weights in class my arms/shoulders would be sore, but nope... not at all. Just the legs. That's odd!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #134  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Jeniansmom: HUZZAH! Good for you! Those ten minutes will start to feel easier and easier and easier till you won't feel satisfied with them and will push yourself further! That's a big NSV, as far as I am concerned. Breaking the initial exercise inertia is a big deal.

ZooDoo: I love it when I discover my body is stronger than I expected, don't you? Good job!

Shishke: Update on the bat situation? They're so cute, but nobody wants them pooping on the carpet, amirite?

BerryBlonde: If I were to guess, I'd say that your rest let your arm muscles repair themselves--so the new cells are stronger and ready to go! If they were sore before, it was because of micro tears in the muscle fibers, which is after all how we build strength once those tears are repaired. So good on you, you probably built muscle. Grrrr strong!

Last edited by Mojojuju; 08-03-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

Diana: I am so sorry about Magnum. Hang in there. I hope your appt with the DR goes well.

If I see 243 one more time I dont even know what I will do..... GAH!!!! I have been eating pretty well and exercing more. Please let there be 242.something tomorrow!!!!!
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote