Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:58 PM   #181  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ugh sooo wanting to eat everything bad in sight...luckily there's not much unhealthy in this house lol....already at 730 calories and its only noon, and 77 carbs...mostly from some raviolis and animal crackers...i have zero willpower today and i know my weigh in tomorrow will show practically nothing lost this whole month even though ive been doing low carb, counting calories, hand weights, biking and pool time in addition to the usual housecleaning, running errands and watching 5 kids daily...sooo discouraged...all that hard work and practically nothing to show for it tomorrow
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #182  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
ugh sooo wanting to eat everything bad in sight...luckily there's not much unhealthy in this house lol....already at 730 calories and its only noon, and 77 carbs...mostly from some raviolis and animal crackers...i have zero willpower today and i know my weigh in tomorrow will show practically nothing lost this whole month even though ive been doing low carb, counting calories, hand weights, biking and pool time in addition to the usual housecleaning, running errands and watching 5 kids daily...sooo discouraged...all that hard work and practically nothing to show for it tomorrow
But why do you care about an official monthly weigh in? you know you are in an upward blip and that you have seen losses. So, in your heart you KNOW you are doing something and making progress. We fluctuate and you might just be in a normal upward fluctuation for you right now. Try not to let that discourage you.

For what it's worth, it's 4 pm here and I've already eaten 920 calories for today and that was as of 1:30 pm.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #183  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Alaskan: Keep your head up gf! This too shall pass and remember “You are a work in PROGRESS!!”

Ande: Welcome Back!!

DZ: I hate “nail-biter” days!! I have those before TOM when that dumb cRAVEN bird is at my house!!

Shishke: I know I posted on your MFP wall, but on 34 lbs!! GREAT JOB!!

VIX: All that cleaning you do makes my head

Diana32: Thinking of you today!

Mlgibson: remind me never to order the FO Soup!

LGW: Sending a little to you, friend!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #184  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Doing better now, I went to the store and got some tuna. I made a salad and set it down....and my veggie loving dog ate it. LOL so I made another one and he tried to it that too! But my belly feels better, I think I will go for a jog before dinner.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #185  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

back from the farmers market with carrots, lettuce, kohlrabi, pattypan squash, yellow beans, tomatoes. My fiance was impressed that I didn't want to stop at the culver's custard stand in the park... nope, no custard... kohlrabi!

Off to figure out ways to serve pattypan...
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #186  
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThickMiddle View Post
Oh Happy Day! Back on track! Woke up this morning and lost a few pounds. I was extremely active yesterday. My oldest son started soccer practice last night. And I ate great yesterday, wasn't really even hungry all day, forced myself to eat tuna and crackers. Bottled water all day. Best of all I feel Fabulous!
My name is MsThickMiddle and I caved yesterday!

I have been craving a burrito for a great Mexican place for months. Well. I had to drive past there on my way downtown yesterday. I thought about that burrito the whole time I was gone. On my way back home, I caved! Stopped ordered a SMALL one and ate it for lunch. I will admit it was delicious! And I'd do it again if I had to. lol. Anyhow I was terrified to weigh in this morning because of it. So, when I weighed in I just about passed out. I went from 181.5 up to 187! BUT! I weighed again and was back down to 181 this afternoon????? So, I hope it's all "passed" and I'm back on track now!

08/04: 181
MsThickMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #187  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

MsThick - I think satisfying your craving was a good idea. And you were smart to order a small. The scale jump was probably from the sodium, and all should go back to normally now. Plus you won't be thinking about that pesky burrito all day now!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 PM   #188  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andejean View Post
MsThick - I think satisfying your craving was a good idea. And you were smart to order a small. The scale jump was probably from the sodium, and all should go back to normally now. Plus you won't be thinking about that pesky burrito all day now!
I agree. The hardest part about weight loss is finding that balance. You can't hide from life and normal foods. Sure, you could go on a special diet with their own foods, but eventually, you have to come back to normal eating.

So what is normal eating? It's what you did. You were craving something, but you kept it reasonable. If it's high calorie still, just watch it the rest of the day.

As far as the jump up - remember, food has weight. Water has weight. We vary in pounds every day. Food takes 24-48 hours to be digested, so it's impact can't be known hours after ingesting it. Sodium can have effect quickly or it make take a few hours, but the rest takes time from fast - sugars to slower - fats and proteins.

So, don't beat yourself up. You are retraining yourself how to eat so that you can keep the weight off.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:55 PM   #189  

Logged another 2 miles today. The FL heat will kick your butt! Had a nice cold shower and now on to cooking dinner for hubby and 3 kiddies. I'm needing somthing a bit more than salad tonight for dinner but...I dont know what do eat and the pickins are a bit slim...Not really sure what to do...I feel like I'm needing some salt but I know it will make me retain every ounce of water I guzzled when I got back from running....*sigh* dont know what to do....

Perhaps an egg? I say "an egg" cause I only have one....LOL

Last edited by DZackery; 08-04-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #190  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
But why do you care about an official monthly weigh in? you know you are in an upward blip and that you have seen losses. So, in your heart you KNOW you are doing something and making progress. We fluctuate and you might just be in a normal upward fluctuation for you right now. Try not to let that discourage you.

For what it's worth, it's 4 pm here and I've already eaten 920 calories for today and that was as of 1:30 pm.
thank you and thanks k9 also

it's just a weird transition time this week...ending my summer childcare and getting ready for work again...and reading on facebook on one of those "you know you're from..." groups brought up alot of old and sad memories for me...and it's pouring rain out and i miss my son....and i could go on n on...for some reason...especially missing my friend who died when we were in college...stuff like that...when i get down i get REALLY DOWN and then i spring back and i'm good for another year or so

i made a nice big chocolatey protein shake and that satisfied my wanting something cold and chocolatey and filled me up enough to where i didnt want to keep eating...im making a lower-carb enchilada dish tonight, using cabbage wraps instead of tortilla wraps...and BIL is coming over for dinner
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #191  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
thank you and thanks k9 also

it's just a weird transition time this week...ending my summer childcare and getting ready for work again...and reading on facebook on one of those "you know you're from..." groups brought up alot of old and sad memories for me...and it's pouring rain out and i miss my son....and i could go on n on...for some reason...especially missing my friend who died when we were in college...stuff like that...when i get down i get REALLY DOWN and then i spring back and i'm good for another year or so

i made a nice big chocolatey protein shake and that satisfied my wanting something cold and chocolatey and filled me up enough to where i didnt want to keep eating...im making a lower-carb enchilada dish tonight, using cabbage wraps instead of tortilla wraps...and BIL is coming over for dinner
I'm sorry you are down. I know sometimes it feels like it pours in sadness/upset. Sometimes it's tied to hormones and sometimes it's not. You're in a period of transition too (or it's about to hit) so it's normal to feel the blues.

I'm proud of you though for making a protein shake instead of delving into something else!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:41 PM   #192  
poundsbegone

S/C/G: 199/162/150

Height: Just because you put a pretty shirt over your muffin top, that dose not make it a cupcake!

Thanks ladies. I needed to hear that. I felt a whole lot better when I checked my weight this evening and was back down, actually minus .5 than yesterday! Hope to be in the 170's by Sunday!
MsThickMiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #193  

I was logging the food I ate today on Fitday and I have eaten more calories today than all week. I logged 962 calories today. I'm a bit scared to get on the scale tomorrow...
Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #194  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I am going to try to get to bed early tonight, so I won't be doing personals. We haven't slept well this week.

I might have a scheduled higher calorie day tomorrow. Well, specifically dinner. My breakfast and lunch will stay the same. DH mentioned about going to an Italian restaurant that we haven't been to in about a year.

Total Approx 1440 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 calories
Sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
Bob Harper's UCB w/#5's and #10's

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-04-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #195  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Thursday's Menu
FF Cheese Omelet, Fresh Peach 184
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad 255
PB Oats 265
Turkey Patty, Mashed Potatoes, Fresh Peach, Carb Smart Chocolate Ice Cream 527
Total: 1231

Water: 88oz