Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 220.2/211.4/130

Height: 5'3"

You all are very impressive with your calorie counts - never managed to get the hand of that. Perhaps that is one of the many reasons the low carb works for me.

I must say that with all of the bats and bears on this board it seems really exciting. We just have the occasional squirrel in these parts.

Dropped to 203 today - I know this is just the first week shedding of water etc but it is still nice to see the numbers go down. At this rate I should be able to get below 200 before my birthday on the 29th. It is really odd how I am not at all hungry. At certain points I get an emptiness, and I realize I need fuel, but not really hunger. I guess the sugar really is behind cravings, at least for me.
haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:06 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

Height: 5'7"

ZooDoo and Berry: 193 is so amazing! Remember when you were just getting to onederland…and now you are 7 under! Congrats.

K9: That is nuts! DRINK WATER! Good luck in that heat. I could not survive.

Shish: Nice loss!

Haggis: Congrats on the loss.

I did W2D2 of C25k today. It went really well. I am loving it!
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 PM   #198  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
I'm pretty sure my cat never even saw the bat. She would have been going nuts trying to get it. As far as I can tell, it was in my son's room the whole time and now it's gone. My son wasn't here so I don't have to worry about him being bitten. So I think I'm ok. That's scary about the rabies, though. I think I did know that they sometimes carry it but I forgot.
Good to hear ya'll were safe! And yeah, one article I think mentioned it was harder for the bats to sneak-sleep attack animals.
I watched the movie 'Quarintine'...scary stuff! Researched the heck out of rabies after, lol.
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #199  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

just checking in for the night...its been a busy evening as well but tomorrow is friday...i still dont know what was up with me today...i was so discouraged this morning and so emotional this afternoon and so irritated with people this evening...

i got to about 1300 calories and 100 carbs and just sort of quit counting after that...what i ate after that was 2 healthy cabbage wrap/turkey burger enchiladas, 2 bites of refried beans, and a bowl of cherries...so i dont suppose i did too much damage

i almost feel like i need to take a "diet break" but i know if i do, the weight will come flying back on...so i guess i'll just wake up tomorrow and keep at it...i did my calorie allowance according to the other thread (weight x 7) and it puts me at about 1400-1500 which is right where ive been trying to aim anyhow...i think it will be easier to eat healthy and eat less when i get back to work next week anyhow so i'm kind of looking forward to that...3 day weekend after tomorrow!!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:54 AM   #200  
BlockHead =)

2 weeks ago I was down to 249.5, then I went back up to 252.5 - maybe b/c of the sodium I was eating, I dunno. Today I am back down to 249. I am crossing my fingers that it sticks this time.

Will check in on everyone later.
Wishing you all a happy, healthy Friday!
Jen

Last edited by jeniansmom; 08-05-2011 at 05:54 AM.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:11 AM   #201  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning and TGIF!

I am hoping to sleep in and get caught up on my sleep this weekend. I am up an hour early this morning because I have some extra things to do today. Coffee IV anyone?

Anyways, I am up on the scale this morning. I always eat a few of DH french fries or taste a little of his food while we are eating and he does the same with mine. Last night DH took a paper menu from the restaurant and it said that they fry in 100% peanut oil. So, here we are, I don't know if I am allergic to peanuts. I didn't even think about the fried seafood from the other night. I don't know what they fry in. At this point I am just going to see what happens. It will be interesting to see if I have a reaction.

On another note, DH mentioned about going to an Italian restaurant that we haven't been to in about a year. I was planning on having a scheduled high calorie day. So, if we do go to this restaurant and I am in the process of having an allergic reaction, things will be getting pretty ugly.

Weigh In: 143.2
Up: 1 pound
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 07:27 AM   #202  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

So I weighed in at 168 even this morning, (plus .3). I'm very unhappy about it.... I mean I knew I ate over 900 calories yesterday but I dont remember eating anything bad. I gotta go get some groceries today but im not real motivated. Hope the day gets better.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 156.6/175/120.0

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Im new to the boards and still trying to find my niche here. There are so many threads LOL But I was reading this one this morning and I thought I would join in

Im on day 5 of my diet. I weighed in this morning at 154.0. Ive lost 1.5 pounds since starting on Monday! Hopefully that gives me the motivation I know I will need to make it through the weekend. (bc im starting to get HUNGRY) LOL

Ive been going to the gym everyday for about 30-45 minutes and using the elliptical. Hopefully next week I will be able to do more. Happy Friday!

Last edited by violet826; 08-05-2011 at 08:16 AM.
violet826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone!

I've been away from here for a few days. I'm finding that I was doing so many personals, that I couldn't keep up - this is a very busy board. So no personals now, but I'll try to check in with some now that I'm off for the weekend.

The scale said 143.8 this morning, down 3 pounds over the last 2 1/2 weeks. Not spectacular, but I'll take it. I'm still learning how to combine weight loss with really intense bike riding. I've kept up with the exercise this week by using my bike to commute to and from work. Today my legs feel like lead!

Have a great, OP day everyone!
roadbikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #205  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quick Hello to All
Bronx zoo on Monday and finishing the week out with Six Flags. In between I have worked out and mowed the lawn so calories should be burning...well then can anyone tell me why on earth am I back to that stupid number 243? I'm doing my best to stay positive about this...I have no want to cheat or binge (I guess it really is a lifestyle change as I haven't even considered scrapping it). I just feel like I'm beating my head against a brick wall.

I plan to call my GP for a physical, get some blood work done. Find out why I'm holding a strange amount of liquid in my feet (only in one spot...makes it look like a large tumor).

I really wish I got a whoosh like some of you, that would be cool.
Mojojuju when do you see the doctor?

Larry how are things coming?

Diana a lot of restaurants fry in peanut oil now as it burns hot and isn't animal fat. I'm wondering now if they did find out what it was what could they give you? Don't they normally treat that kind of allergy after the fact with an epi?

DZ hello...I wouldn't sweat .3. You'll see a lot of us weigh daily and we go up and down a lot but by WI day we notice a loss (usually ) Pick a day that you will count as WI day (once a week or month). Make sure to weigh at the same time of day every time. And try not to get discouraged during the rest of the days. It's hard at first but eventually you'll see your body in a trend. Berry has her cycle of weight loss down to a t...she is inspiring

alaskan I hope today is better.

Jen sodium is the devil!

Shish you are doing marvelous. Glad the bat is gone. When is the party. How old is your little man?

mlgibson you sound like me. I watch something or hear/read about it and then I want to know more. I love the internet. My kids have no idea what a tool it really is since they've had it forever. Man I would have to make tons of phone calls or go to library for all the information I can suck up in an hour.

iamerican how are you doing, has your scale budged yet? I hate the number 243!

Haggis I definitely see you below 200 by the 29th. You can do it.

Well what an exciting day, it will be Scotland's first concert...yay her! Both she and Ian have been awake since 6 am. I foresee them both zonked on the way home. I'm looking forward to the day, but I think I've hit the age that i'm not interested in the rides. So we'll see what happens. I plan to eat a good size breakfast and take along my nuts (almonds individually wrapped) to get through the day. I have a sneaky suspicion if theres funnel cake one of my kids is going to eat it and right in front of me.

I hope you all have a wonderful and healthy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #206  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning all. I had planned to take BodyStep today, but forgot I have a stupid meeting at my house this morning! Grrr!!!! I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to go back to work. I guess I'll have to either fit it in evenings or way crazy early during the week. I'm not looking forward to that, but it's time to start the wicked job hunt as fall is fast approaching and we just can't financially handle it any more with me home. And really, with the kids in school full time, our house 'basically' ready/done. What's the point of me being home? The extra money at this point would be much nicer. Plus, we are looking at having to pay for college in three short years! YIKES!

So... I'll have to skip the formal workout at the gym. I have a few choices and I think I'll combine them - walk around the lake a couple times and maybe a step routine in the basement this evening.

ETA: up .2 on the scale this morning - my wonderful monthly stall out. Only two more weeks of this to go! Oy Vey!!!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 08-05-2011 at 08:37 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

This morning I'm back up to 195.4. Sort of took me by surprise, but it shouldn't have, since even though my calories were fine, I made last night pizza, which is saltier than I think.

Didn't exercise yesterday. I don't love working out inside, but maybe I'll bring my son to my work gym with me so I can do something.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:45 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 258/244.6/190

MAMA: I HATE 243. I bounced to in the 241s and the 242s, but I hate 243. I am still at it. I decieded at this week I am goign to try to weigh myself only twice a week. I am getting too frustrated.

Berry: Good luck job hunting. That sounds horribe. I am fortunate enough to have on campus jobs during the school year....even if I work 4 of them. Oh the joys of being a student.

At work on Fridays we have inservices with food....Todays menu is PIZZA. I am vowing to have one slice. Bringing my own veggies so I don't suprise myself. I hope planning pays off.
iamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:04 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Mamakat, I don't think I knew you had an Ian. Me too!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

I dropped another 2 pounds of that water weight to 223! I have 3 pounds to go to get back to ground zero.

My legs and ankles have NO swelling or pitting edema this morning.

I am continuing to severely limit sodium and fluids. Following my cardiologist advice to let thirst be my guide. I am surprised how little thirst I have during the day. Yesterday's water was 8 ounces total although I did eat a lot of water laden fresh vegetables. Fresh veggies are good for me , low cal, low sodium and supply a lot of my water needs.

My total sodium intake yesterday was only 571 mg

My third week of Calorie Cycling

8/1/11 - Mon -goal 1651 calories - actual was 714 (937 under)
8/2/11 - Tue -goal 1201 calories - actual was 1040 (161 under)
8/3/11 - Wed -goal 1501 calories - actual was 1031 (470 under)
8/4/11 - Thu -goal 1351 calories - actual was 812 (539 under)
8/5/11 - Fri - goal 1801 calories - actual was
8/6/11 - Sat -goal 1501 calories - actual was
8/7/11 - Sun -goal 1501 calories - actual was

Total so far for this week is 2107 calories under my goal

It has been hot outside and with my restricted water intake I made the safe choice and walked a mile inside of air conditioned stores.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote