Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #166  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Diana, that is good news. It will be nice to not be so surprised at the end of it, lol.

shish: Be very careful. Having a bat in the house is very serious, more so then people realize. They carry rabies and other diseases. Doctors say that if a bat has been in the same area where you sleep, then you need to be seen and. The small bite marks may go unnoticed or overlooked. There was one case where a female came in contact with rabies. Had no symptoms for three years, and then was overcame with the disease. You said you have a cat? Check him/her over for marks too.

The CDC actually recommends capture of the bat, and for it to be sent in for testing if it was around people while they were sleeping.

"If you've seen a bat in your home, follow CDC guidelines; seek medical attention by contacting your local health departments epidemiology department immediately. This bat should be tested, and the health department may recommend that you undergo rabies post exposure treatment."
"If you have pets, take them to your veterinarian immediately and make sure that all of their vaccinations are brought up to date, including rabies."

http://www.totalwildlifecontrol.com/...es-safety.html

For more information:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0506074445.htm
http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum....php?p=2999985
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 AM   #167  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

The bears are out again!! Just last week up in the native village, a big brown bear tried to get into DH's elderly mom's house and ripped the door off the hinges. Luckily someone got rid of it before it did anything worse. Here in town, a black bear tried to get into our friend's trailer, smacked the door and damaged the door frame, cracked the drywall around it, and our friend shot the bear through the door. Don't know if he killed it or not.

http://www.adn.com/2011/08/03/199950...sing-some.html
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:24 AM   #168  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Have a great one!

I mentioned last night that I had some fried seafood. I left room in my calories in case I was off in my calculations. (my calories look low) Well, I remembered last night/this morning that I also had a couple fried oysters. I didn't include those in the calculations. So, my calories are not correct. Oh well. It could be worse, right?

Calories for yesterday: 1390 + + fried oysters + anything else I might have forgotten
Weigh In: 142.2
Down: .2
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #169  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

And back up .6 today. Seems that's where I'm going to settle in for awhile. yesterday's calories were a bit higher (1850) and higher in sodium. Though I was really active yesterday too, so it's probably a wash in more food and more movement.

I'm still sore from Body Pump, but it's not pain sore today. I was really hurting yesterday. I have body pump again today. I have a feeling today I won't be able to do as much as the other day.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Weigh-in 193.8. Calories were OK until we walked down to the store and bought ice cream They're still not too bad, really, about 1600. And hey we walked right? That counts for something.

My husband left on a motorcycle trip for the next week and I'm going to have to be more creative about exercise, since I can't just walk out the door whenever I want if he's not here. And my son's bike is currently broken. I'll have to make fixing it a priority.

'Tis the season for bats. We regularly get them in the house, but usually my husbands around to deal. He wasn't last night, so I stepped up to the challenge. You should have seen me, swinging the net and ducking at the same time. Real brave, I was. But I caught it and let it go, and that's what counts.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #171  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I'm pretty sure my cat never even saw the bat. She would have been going nuts trying to get it. As far as I can tell, it was in my son's room the whole time and now it's gone. My son wasn't here so I don't have to worry about him being bitten. So I think I'm ok. That's scary about the rabies, though. I think I did know that they sometimes carry it but I forgot.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #172  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Alaskamom..Why are the bears attacking? Are they hungry and can't find food in the forest?? We thought we had problems with a fox family living next door and attacking our cats!

Well I am staying at 167..i think I am at a wall. Today's goal is to eat fish and exercise and see if that does anything. Off to work on plants before it gets too hot.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #173  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I'm down .4 today to 185.6. I'll take it. I'm super sluggish today. Taking tomorrow off of work to finish up the cleaning. I'm dubbing it Unfinished Projects Day.

No time for personals, I have a LOT to get finished so I can have a work-free day tomorrow.

I'll check back at lunch!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #174  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

MamaKat: for your NSV! That’s awesome!!

Diana32
: Thx for the sweet compliment!

Larry
: I’m glad to hear your update! Keep up eating at home. That sounds like the best choice!!

No time for more personals. I have a dentist appt.

Wednesday’s Menu
Cottage Cheese, Polaner Allfruit, FF Cheese Omelet 193
**Skipped Lunch**
PB Oats, Happy Heart Trail Mix 660
Turkey Patty, Mashed Potatoes, Carb Smart Chocolate Ice Cream 378
Total: 1231

Water: 128oz (STILL NOT ENOUGH)

So, yesterday it was very HOT here and by hot—I mean literally [Alaskan, brace yourself], 106F with a heat index of 116F!!!
I did NOT make it through my run, as it was still 98F at 7pm
I was not hydrated enough, despite having drank 100oz of water (not Crystal Lite), a SoBe with B+ Vitamins, and water on the run. I ran 1.25 miles, then walked the remainer at a 15 mile pace for a total of 4 miles. I was SO hot by the time those miles were up, I thought I was literally going to BURST into flames!

Another hot day expected today, but I have a dentist appt. and will not exercise today
I have done really well this week, and I expect a good report from the tomorrow!! BRING IT!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #175  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

So I'm typing this for the second time since my 2 year old turned off my computer....grr....

I weighed in at 167.8, down .8, so I'm happy about that. Hubby is home today from work so I will probably try to go earlier for my jog and see if I cant add some additional mileage to it....although 2 miles a day seems to be working out for me. Trying to be prepared for TOM in the next week or so...I always gain like 3 pounds the week before.

We are expecting a Tropical Storm on Saturday...woo hoo! We need the rain deperately...my waterfront house is ditch front right now. LOL

Hope ya'll have a good one!
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #176  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

My birthday boy is home so just a quick post. 255 this morning! 34lbs lost! Now I know that I'll probably gain back 1-3 of those pounds in a day or two but it was still nice to see
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #177  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Good morning all! Allergies are kicking my butt... I slept until 9:30 when my fiance called to ask if I wanted him to pick me up and we'd go out for breakfast. If he hadn't called, I'd probably still be sleeping.

I had a HUGE potato pancake, with baked apples, and three slices of bacon, and a glass of milk. About 1050 calories... Don't worry, that's breakfast AND lunch, LOL. Tonight I'll make chicken breast and veg.

Eeeks to bats and bears, the worst we get around here are stray cats and wood chucks that make home in our garage!

Last night I forced myself to play some Wii, instead of sitting in front of the TV... Played Michael Jackson Experience. I only did 4 of the easy songs, but by the end I was sweating, and we had the AC on! Tonight I may have to do more!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #178  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning! the scale is messing with my mind today *ugh*...it bounces up, and down, up and down all the time but it's RIGHT before my monthly weigh in and its UP today..ive been keeping my calories around 1300-1500 and now im wondering if i need to cut calories even more...ive also been doing hand weights so i wonder if some of the "up" bouncing is muscle etc...but still its very discouraging...i know i've seen 206 this month and 204 this month but now its at 209 and i worry that my weigh in tomorrow wont show any difference than last month's weigh in of 211 *sigh*
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:02 PM   #179  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

So I ate 1 small pancake and an apple for breakfast this...afternoon. LOL I think it was like an hour ago but I am hungry again. Hubby bought chips at the store this morning and I'm chewing my nails off....I want a salad but I want tuna on it and im out....i may have to make a run to the store.
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #180  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

DZackery - Salad with Tuna sounds wonderful. I'm still full from breakfast (an hour ago, LOL), but if I wasn't, I have no salad... Oh well, a trip to the farmers market is in order!
Andejean is offline   Reply With Quote