Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2011, 12:55 AM   #226  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

iamerican- HAHA yeah my chihuahua loves fruit and veggies. He gets a home made dog food of chicken breast, brown rice, lentils, carrots, green beans, and chicken broth. Chichi's are not supposed to eat much fat but need high fiber and it's difficult to find a dog food that fits the bill and is affordable. So I crock pot it every other week or so. His treats are apple skins and his chewys are frozen baby carrots. It makes for an interesting dog. LOL
DZackery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #227  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i cut my hair much shorter this week, very layered and textured although i have a headband on in the pic, and colored it much darker....thought i'd show you all

2222mom and jackson 08-11.jpg
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #228  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

im aiming for a more relaxed weekend before i buckle back down to my diet and my real job next week...my intention is to just relax about food for the three-day weekend, not an excuse to binge or go all out on junk, but just to not beat myself up if i have an extra helping of cherries or something

i was at 1235 calories and 136 carbs (eek!) by this evening and we went out to dinner...i had a little salad, a few french fries, and 1/2 of a mongolian beef dish, just the meat/sauce/few bites of corn...i did not order rice, nor eat the roll, and gave the french fries to my son so i was happy about that...i didnt feel deprived by giving away half of my plate of food LOL and the beef itself was soooo sweet (weird!) that i only ate half, stopped when full, and felt fine with it....but normally i would have ordered a salad so it was "relaxing" to order exactly what i wanted

and that's what i want to do this weekend...just relax about it but still be mindful...like i did by giving away half of my food tonight and stopping when full...
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Mornin'. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Calories where lowish yesterday. I did 30 minutes on the exercise bike while watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Not a bad movie but not a great one either. The exercise bike was harder than I expected. It's one we borrowed from my parents and it's just not that comfortable for me, it's like my legs were in the wrong position.

So yesterday I didn't have a doughnut from the kitchen at work, and I didn't have ice cream from my fridge, both of which I considered doing. I did snack on some cherry tomatoes my neighbor gave me and they were devine.

I'm doing that scale thing we all know we shouldn't. Weigh-in this morning was 194.6, and I'm absurdly disappointed. Two days ago I was below 194, and I was really hoping I would be today. I've spent some time with 194, and I'm ready to move on, and for some reason I thought it was going to happen this morning again. I know it's silly, but there it is.

Last edited by zoodoo613; 08-06-2011 at 07:59 AM.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #230  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning!

I wanted to sleep later, but I woke up hot for some reason. I put a different blanket on me last night. I normally go to bed cold. Of course DH is always hot and I make him crazy with the blankets and being cold.

Calories for yesterday: Unknown
Weigh In: 146.8
Up: 3.6 pounds

I really thought my gain would be more than that. I'm still thinking it might go up more tomorrow since we ate at a later time last night. It's going to take time to adjust to higher calorie days. They just freak me out. I don't think it's as bad when we go out of town because I don't weigh myself then. It's just going to take time to adjust to things. I think I like doing things this way, though. I have my regular foods and I feel in control over my situation. My weight may drop a little. I have a vacation, special event, or special day and I can eat without counting the calories and hopefully wake up the next day still in my maintenance range.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:52 AM   #231  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning everyone! So happy it's a weekend! In a bit I'm going to BodyPump and this time my husband is doing the class with me! Should be fun, (I hope!)

Scale is doing it's normal thing for me which is fine. I need to get my snacking under control though as I've eaten a bit high a few days in a row. I think the vacation calories are still making me crave. Gotta nip that in the bud!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 AM   #232  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning. I am down a pound and happy about this. wt. 165. I did a strenuous workout at the gym yesterday. I also went out for mexican food for lunch and ate a salad with shredded chicken.
We are harvesting wheat and it is hot and dirty!
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 156.6/175/120.0

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday everyone. I weighed in at 153.2 this morning. YAY! Ive lost 3 pounds in 5 days!! Everyone cross your fingers I can make it through my first weekend. I dont want to cheat and with hubs home I tend to eat horrible!!

I will say NO to fast food, I will say NO to fast food, I will say No to fast food...
violet826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #234  

Weighed in this morning at 167.6 (-.4) woohoo! Hubby is on vacation this week so we are talking about taking the kids somewhere. Maybe TN. Anyway, gotta get ready for the day.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:52 AM   #235  
Trying to live below 200

Berry Have fun at your Body Pump class. It's funny how one little change in our routine (vacation/snacking) can make things for challenging. You can get through it, though.

Maile Great job on the pound!

Violet Stay strong this weekend! You don't want to undo all your hard work. Congrats on the 3 pounds!

DZackery Congrats on the .4.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #236  

Thanks Diana. Does anyone know a magic cure for irritability before/during TOM? I'm like super uber yucky for like 10 days.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:07 AM   #237  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZackery View Post
Thanks Diana. Does anyone know a magic cure for irritability before/during TOM? I'm like super uber yucky for like 10 days.
I have used these two products:
I prefer this one because it seemed to help with the bloating and water retention
http://www.vitacost.com/Boiron-Cyclease-PMS

http://www.vitacost.com/Hylands-PMS-50-Tablets

My TTOM has improved since I've cut out a lot of the carbs/sugars that I used to eat. I also think the weight loss has helped a lot. I haven't taken either of these products in a while, but they helped when I did take them. I still have them in my cabinet in case I need them.

Here's some more reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Boiron-Homeopa...pr_product_top
http://www.drugstore.com/hylands-hom...hyland%27s+pms
http://www.iherb.com/Hyland-s-PMS-100-Tablets/3873?at=0
http://www.iherb.com/Hyland-s-PMS-50-Tablets/3870?at=0
Old 08-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

So I got a bit excited at the Farmers Market this morning.

I don't get there as often as I'd like, since I'm so often on the go, and the growing season starts so late here. I always find things, but this was the first time that it was so hard to choose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0079.jpg (42.9 KB, 6 views)
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #239  
Giantess

S/C/G: 286/283/175

Height: 6'1"

Violet: If you get dragged there, find the healthy options. If I know I'm going to have fast food now, I hit the internet and look up what I WANT to eat...usually seeing 800cals or so turns me right off! Also, there are many fast food places that have a burger or a chicken sandwich that is not massive, and checks in around 350 calories. Not low, but not terrible, and it can be worked into a daily calorie count without too much horror.

HI EVERYONE, sorry I have been missing for two days! TOM sent me sliffling into a self pity corner for two days, but I did exercise and stick to plan, and something good did happen.

At least, I think it's good.

I lost my job (public school teacher) at the end of last year due to budget cuts and, well, frankly, because my boss and I did not see eye to eye. I won't go into it, but each of us thought the other was doing a pretty poor job.

I've spent the summer desperately searching for another job, but in this EXTREMELY insular community, if you piss off one principal, you're never going to get another job. Yes, it's illegal for them to blackball people, but it happens all the time. I got tons of interviews this summer, and not a single one panned out. I heard from a friend at school that the principal was saying bad things about me to any people who called her to inquire about me. Lovely. At the school board they recommended that I try to work in Georgia. Yep, I was told to "git outa town, we don't like yer kind here." (Larry, this is all part of the reason that I call my town H-E-doublehockeysticks).

Well, I went outside the public schools and found an amazing private school where they don't equate education with mind-numbing worksheets done in strict silence. They liked me, too, as well as my progressive ideas about the way children learn. They gave me a part time job. Now, I am very happy to be at that school--but I am the breadwinner in a two-person household while my boyfriend finishes law school. So I still need a full-time second job to be able to pay our bills.

When suddenly, out of the blue, Florida State University School calls me and basically tells me to apply for a job posting. "We have your resume here and we'd like you to apply for this job if you're available."

Wow. I've never been TOLD to apply for a job before. And a day and a half later they've scheduled an interview. It's Wednesday.

I'm torn. FSUS is an amazing charter school. But it's still part of the public school grind, and I'd spend as much time testing my students as teaching them. I'll have a workload that spills over into every weekend (last year I had about five hours off a week--on Sunday. Mon-Sat I worked from 7am-10pm). I'll have to teach the utterly crappy curriculum that the politicians have decided on, and to top it off I'll have to teach fourth graders how to write badly so they can pass a stupid test with mechanically-styled essays. These are all things that make me green to think of participating in again. Plus I'll have to tell the really wonderful private school that I'll be ditching the contract I already signed with them.

On the other hand...if I get the FSU job...full time work. Pay that can keep my little family such as it is afloat for another year. And the student body is supposedly well-behaved and smart.

*sigh*

It was this antsy-worry-ness that caused me to hide from the boards the past two days. I was craving sugar SO BADLY as I often do during times of indecision, insecurity, and stress. I drank a protien shake and ate more bread than I should have. Still stayed under calories, though!

I guess I'm kinda where you were the other day, Alaskan. About to transition into a job--tom hounding me--the frustration with my scale that has not settled in what is now close to six weeks.

Must not eat sugar! Must not eat sugar!!!!

(I did sneak into my kitchen yesterday and ate two spoonfuls of pure crystallized honey. Me and Pooh, we're junkies.)
Mojojuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #240  
Trying to live below 200

Zoodoo Looks yummy to me!

Mojojuju Congrats on the job opportunities! I would apply for both jobs, pray on it, and see what happens.