Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2011, 11:15 PM   #256  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

So tired... I will go and read.

As you know I am from Finland, and have a MIL from ****..lol

I like to volunteer. My volunteer work has been directed at my kids spors and interest until today... I was asked to donate and plant some flowers for our senior center. -- I bought the flats earlier today, but I was feeling tired and resentful about the planting process...I just wanted to stay at home and chill...but off I went.

I had the MOST delightful evening! -- My own mom is 80 and she has no children or grand children close by.... these ladies were HER.

I truly enjoyed my 5 hours with them, and my visits will be a weekly event, maybe more....

Soooo...please remember our elders
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:16 PM   #257  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Diana3271 Any more testing/figuring out about Mustards?
The last time I had anything from the mustard family was last Friday. I am just about cleared up. I've got my fingers crossed that I have it figured out. The bad thing is that if it is the mustard family it's going to be very difficult to deal with. Most condiments and sauces have mustard in it. I have not found a mayo that does not contain mustard or mustard powder. I called Hellman's last week. They don't list mustard in their mayo. Come to find out they do put mustard powder in there and they call it "natural flavor". I think all BBQ sauces have it, too. There are so many vegetables in the mustard family. It's totally a PITA!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #258  
Trying to live below 200

Sum I'm glad to hear that you had a great day after all.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #259  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
So tired... I will go and read.

As you know I am from Finland, and have a MIL from ****..lol

I like to volunteer. My volunteer work has been directed at my kids spors and interest until today... I was asked to donate and plant some flowers for our senior center. -- I bought the flats earlier today, but I was feeling tired and resentful about the planting process...I just wanted to stay at home and chill...but off I went.

I had the MOST delightful evening! -- My own mom is 80 and she has no children or grand children close by.... these ladies were HER.

I truly enjoyed my 5 hours with them, and my visits will be a weekly event, maybe more....

Soooo...please remember our elders
Ah, that is so nice... glad it turned out to be great and a new discovery for you.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #260  
Trying to live below 200

I have a question about next weeks (Memorial weekend) thread. I'm not sure if I will have access to a computer. The hotel may have one in the lobby that I can use. I know the holiday weekends tend to be slow because people tend to be busy. I can make the thread tomorrow for 2 weeks (I doubt we will go over the 500 post limit) or if I don't have access to a computer next Sunday, someone else can start it. Any thoughts or ideas? Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-21-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #261  
Trying to live below 200

Berry I still have mustard listed on my lunch, though. Since I cannot find a condiment that does not contain mustard, I have been using 1/2 of a wedge of Lite Laughing Cow Cheese. That's the best that I can do for now. Otherwise, my sandwich is a little dry.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #262  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Berry I still have mustard listed on my lunch, though. Since I cannot find a condiment that does not contain mustard, I have been using 1/2 of a wedge of Lite Laughing Cow Cheese. That's the best that I can do for now. Otherwise, my sandwich is a little dry.
In a way I hope it's not mustard because that is such a PITA, but I also hope it is it so you can get past it!

Have you ever tried avocado on sandwiches? That's yummy and nutritious.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #263  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
In a way I hope it's not mustard because that is such a PITA, but I also hope it is it so you can get past it!

Have you ever tried avocado on sandwiches? That's yummy and nutritious.
I like avocado, but the calories are a little high. I would have to cut something else where. Also, trying to keep the avocado fresh for multiple days proved to be difficult. It would be better for me than the processed cheese, though.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #264  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I like avocado, but the calories are a little high. I would have to cut something else where. Also, trying to keep the avocado fresh for multiple days proved to be difficult. It would be better for me than the processed cheese, though.
It's true. When we cut open an avocado, it's for 3-4 of us and we can keep it for the next day if there are leftovers. Man... now I'm craving a big bagel, toasted with butter and avocado, high quality ham, swiss cheese, sprouts, tomato and a crisp dill pickle. That used to be one of our summertime after farmer's market lunches. Bagels are now off the menu though! Better go to bed and stop thinking about food!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #265  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

Diana - Wholly Guaccamole!! 100 calorie packets. You can find them at Walmart - veggie section near the salad. I use one package for 2 fajita burritos (one for me, one for DH) If I use only 1/2 package then I roll it down and clip for later.

Jomatho - YAY 180's!!!

K9 - the White Chocolate Bliss seems like a lot of sodium. Could you make your own drink using a tbsp or two of cocoa powder - stuvia - and one pkg of the wcb?

Jomatho and K9 - thank you for your advice. I had gotten off the 1200 calorie counting a while ago because I had been doing so well I thought I could just estimate my calories. Then I read somewhere that if you're working out really hard that you need MORE calories - so I estimated those too. MAYBE I've been overeating?? Ya'think? So, I'll go back to logging in every bite until I've gotten this under control. I've been eating very healthy foods (except for my occassional binge run) but I'm guessing that if 1200 calories is where I need to be no matter HOW much I exercise, then I've been overating by a long shot. You ARE telling me to stay at 1200 no matter what?

On the bright side - I'm feeling some mighty big muscles under this layer of fluff! It's taken a while to get up to where I'm doing HIIT cardio 3-4 days a week 30 - 45 min followed by upper or lower body work (again in the HIIT style.) Then 1 day entire body on the circuit section of my gym (it's like Curves inside the Planet Fitness) I'm feeling SO STRONG which is a thrill - I had been having troulbe lifting dishes into the cabinet - couldn't carry more than one grocery bag at a time... Now I'm lifting my 30lb grandson with no problems!
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Saturday 5/21
Breakfast: 2 mini blueberry muffins, 1 slice turkey bacon
Snack: Sting Cheese
Lunch: ham Sandwich, apple sauce
Snack 1/4 cup craisins
Dinner: An italian sausage with peppers and onions, side salad
Water: 120 ounces
Excercise: Hiking Stone Mountain

Overrall very good day yesterday. I did want to snack more since I was home all day after hiking. I'm starting to add more grains, breads,etc back into my diet this week and I'm taking it in moderation.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #267  

Diana3271, just make your own mayo and BBQ. Here is one recipe for mayo, but there a thousands on the internet. Just omit the powdered mustard and personally, I would use olive oil instead of canola. Would keep a while for you. http://www.food.com/recipe/homemade-mayonnaise-719
And here is one for BBQ:http://www.food.com/recipe/finger-li...bq-sauce-19023 (no mustard in that one)
Hope these links work.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:30 AM   #268  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Gwen & Jo Thanks for the links and info! I will check them out! Jo, I also found out that Canola is also in the mustard family. Isn't that crazy! They are putting canola in everything.

Berry I know it's not the exact same thing, but have you ever tried the Thomas Bagel Thins? Calories 110, Carbs 24, Fiber 5, Protein 5 You might be able to make that work with your plan.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

K9- I had been wondering what your white chocolate bliss was. How many calories does it come out too? Sounds like a good solution for those sweet tooth. I eat chocolate or peanut butter protein bars or coffeee. I mix a splenda mocha flavor into my coffee... but I'll have to check out that cocoa idea. Is the white chocolate with the cocoa in the grocery store? I loved your story of your pizza. I am well aware of the pain that overindulging can do. It seems like it is even worse now. It is actually a great deterrent to overconsumption.

Diana: What about hummus for a condiment on a sandwich? I think making the thread for two weeks is okay. I find it amazing that your body is still losing! I think actually it is perfect to go below your maintenance right before going on a vacation. That means you can indulge a little and no shoot out of your maintenance range. I know I was hoping to be lower for going on my vacation- but my body just hasn't cooperated.

Jo: I had no exercise on Saturday. My girls had their dance recital and then we had a benefit party for my friend with the GBM tumor. We raised almost $1000.00 for her to use as she wishes. I think of your running so often. I push myself on the elliptical and in spin class but when I really think about it if I could just get the gumption up to commit to running it woulld really push me. My body is getting used to the elliptical and spinning... It is such a challenge for me I have a hard time committing.

-----------------------------

Bad news is I am at 175 again. I am not going to change my ticker. I am hoping it is from my party last night. I drank 2 Skinny Girl Margaritas between 6-8:30. I really wanted to be able to drive home so I started filling myself with water and diet coke. Then I wanted to make sure I had food in my tummy to help get the alcohol out of my system. I had tons of veggies with hummus, deli meat and cheese and fruit... but then I also had a couple handfulls of chips, several small slices of cheesecake... Definately a 2000+++ calorie day.. I ended up driving home at 12:30AM. I never so much as take a sip of alcohol and drive - I was so paranoid I might have overeaten to compensate for the paranoia... but it is definately better to be safe then sorry though.

I usually don't workout on Sunday but I will today. Cardio and some abs. After I get some more chores done. Better go do those!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #270  
Trying to live below 200

Stacy Thanks for the hummus suggestion.

I've never made hummus. How long will it last in the refrigerator? Here's a recipe that calls for yogurt. That will give extra protein, without the extra fat. Hmm, it calls for plain yogurt not Greek yogurt. I wonder how the flavor would be different with regular vs. Greek yogurt? I think it's probably lower in calorie than traditional hummus. Any thoughts on this recipe? http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...sp?recipe=4487