Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #166  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Ladies,

I want to get my mom some clothes... She is very short...maybe 4'10...and her weight is around 135 pounds. -- What size do you think she is...14 or 16 petite? I am 5'3 and 155 pounds and I am 10/12...

One thing Finland does not have...clothes for short and "round" people. Everyone is usually tall and thin.. So I tend to get her pants from Lane Bryant. She has lost around 50 pounds...
Ask for her measurements so you can have a better idea what to get her.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #167  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Berry: Do you use a low sodium soy sauce? And congrats on the size 14! I can't imagine me being a size 14 but I'm working on it lol

Sum: The rain can really suck sometimes! How long does it usually take you to walk 5 miles?

Jomatho: Congrats on the new low!!!!!!!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #168  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
About to post some pics (which, you would NEVER know it from this site, but I ABHOR photos and avoid the camera). You have not shared ANY PICS YET!!!! Girl!!!! Post some!
Planning on it when I hit half way mark which is 187ish. I posted waaaaaaaaaaay back when I had lost 10% of my weight and was 207, it is in the mini goals thread. I should go look at those and see if I look fat to myself

Last edited by jomatho; 05-19-2011 at 12:03 PM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #169  

Berry, you are looking grrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeaaaaaat! Certainly can see that hourglass figure coming out! Thanks for sharing, makes me want to take some pics now.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #170  
Danielle

Claire: We all have slip ups sometime but we just have to get back at it! Good luck with the jogging!

Stacygee: Told ya the scale will move! Congrats! lol

K9: Ugh!!!1 My neighbor's dogs have been waking me up the past 3 days! It's really annoying! lol
Old 05-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #171  
Melissa

Ah thanks guys. I reallllly hate the camera and bathroom lighting and an iPhone are not flattering, but one thing I DIDN'T do the last weight loss was to watch the progress on photos and I felt as fat at 185 as I did at 235 (my starting weight then). Why? Because I had the same imperfections - droopy stomach, big arms. I didn't take measurements or photos, so I couldn't see the transformation. And it IS a transformation. I still have (at least) 35 pounds to go, but I can see a HUGE difference with the 45 I have taken off already.

And yes... TAKE PHOTOS!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #172  
Danielle

As for me!!!!! I woke up this morning feeling great!!!! I think it was my workout last night. It was my first workout with my cousin who has lymphedema. I asked her before we started how long she could normally walk without stopping and she said 5 mins. So, we walked together on the tread. I'm starting her on some interval stuff just to help build her endurnace. She ended up walking for 15 min! I was soooo proud of her! After that we took it easy so we wouldnt overdo it. I showed her how to do some lunges (without weights for her) and some simple exercises with hand weights. Then we did about 10 min on the bike followed by simple ab stuff using an exercise ball. This will be a challenge but i enjoy helping out as much as possible! She did great and I am proud of her!

This morning I weighed in and was still down (263.6) so I rewarded myself with a nice breakfast. I usually just opt for cereal since it's quick and easy, but lately i've been making an effort to cook breakfast.

B: Omelet loaded with peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives and a little cheese with 1 piece of whole wheat toast
S: Spinach & artichoke hummus with whole wheat pita bread
L: Turkey and cheese sandwich with white cheddar popcorn and banana
S: Oats & peanut butter fiber Bar
D: Rotisserie chicken with a bowl of turnip greens

As for exercise, I plan on going to the gym with my cousin again!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #173  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

MZ Based on my walking history; I do 5.2 miles for 68 minutes. I average around 4.5-4.7 mph, if I really get my legs moving I have done the loop 4.8 mph....Each mile in 12:30 -13.00 minutes.

Melissa Yep, I will ask...she is shaped like me tho...we have a big belly

Jo I am dying to see the pictures. I thought you looked great last time. We also need pictures of DianaLa now that she is in 100's.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #174  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all.

I think I've entered another one of the famous Freakish Whoosh cycles. I'm down 1.4 to 190.4. I've revised my May goal to 189. It felt super ambitious in the beginning of the month because of how slow April was for loss but I feel ok adding 1 more pound now.

Nothing new on the drama at home except that I am now focused on making Maxwell feel better and finding time to do fun things with him. He has really been effected by this over these last 2 weeks since I have been busier than usual and more stressed out. He and I need a SEVERE dose of fun STAT!!!! I hate how this is bothering him. I am going to do a fun supper tonight and then we can work together to straighten out his playroom downstairs since my new treadmill (yes, the ONLY high point from last friday!) is there now. I think I am going to surprise him and pick him up from school and take him rollerskating tomorrow. He's been wanting to do that recently. I don't know. I just feel the need to focus on him to show him that we are ok.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #175  

Holy Crap, I went back to look at those photos, who is that girl with all those rolls! I am wearing the same pants as in the last two pictures right now and they are practically falling off me! The shirt and jeans from the first two photos are unwearable, way to big. Haven't tried on that tight red top again, maybe I will do that today. Here is the link if you all want to look at the fat me. I am so motivated now, I just want to shout out the windows that I have lost 40 pounds (well, almost, hehe)!!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...my-weight.html
ETA, okay link is working now

Last edited by jomatho; 05-19-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #176  
Melissa

jomatho I could see a HUGE difference from your top weight and down 22 pounds. I cannot imagine how much better you look now with all that added fitness and another almost 20 pounds. Only 3 more pounds until your halfway mark!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #177  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

So i'm back!

I feel like i have been gone forever, but i guess its only been a week. And i think that having to read through 14 pages of posts that i missed is enough to convince me to not do that again!!! Sorry i have been MIA, i just havent been feeling it. I want to stay honest on here so i'll say i had a moment of weakness where i was just totally over the work needed to stick it out so i took a little break. I wasnt terribly off plan but i just stopped counting calories. And i blame it all on last weekend when i went out to dinner. I just dont have the will power yet to do it once and move on so i'm not doing that again for a while!!!

Havent worked out in a week either but i've been just thoroughly exhausted with some huge financial burdens i've got going on. Its looking like i might have been offered a job though so HOPEFULLY tomorrow ill bring good news that will kick start my re-entry into getting back OP. I havent touched a scale in a while so i will be weighing in on Sunday to see where i'm at and going from there! Work outs start again on monday and...

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

i so badly want to do this i just need to stop defeating myself and take it one day at a time! I will succeed!

So i've decided to torture myself... haha. By that i mean, i have decided not to cut my hair until i reach my ultimate goal! I normally wear my hair quite short but was talked into growing it out and i guess i did because i gained a lot of weight in my face. So aside from a trim from time to time, i will not allow myself to cut my hair short until i reach my goal! And then and only then, will i cut my hair off and wear the nice short cut that i miss so much!! Anyone that knows me knows that is motivation enough!!! haha

Other than that WELCOME to all the new peoples! All i can say is be sure to post on here as often as possible, it really does help! I missed it when i stopped..

And i would go on and on about everything that i read but it would take forever so congrats to those doing well, and hang in there to those that are struggling like me!!!
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #178  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Sorry on phone...
I've been having a kick *** week. I made sure i've walked at least half an hour every day this week though my goal was 40 min a week! I felt good, so why stop? Even on that rainy day i walked around a store for an hour or so. Been eating really well, too and drinking my water. I had a little juice yesterday and the amount of sugar almost made me gag. I'm feeling super positive this week.
But i've been worrying about the loose skin thing when i hit goal. I'm poor so i doubt i could afford surgery.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 163/143/135ish

Height: 5'2

Wednesday 5/18
Breakfast: mini quiche, 1/2 a grapefruit
Lunch: Chicken Pablano Soup
Dinner: Taco Salad (homemade with pico de gallo and 1 dollop of sour cream)
Snack: Fruit Popsicle
Excercise: p90x Kempo
100 ounces of water

Yesterday I stopped at the grocery store and was drawn to the dessert section. They had a key lime and kiwi cupcake that I bought but youll be glad to know I didn't even eat it. I tasted the icing and immediately threw it away. It was nasty.

I'm feeling like there isn't any weightloss yet this week because of TOM. I'm tempted to get on the scale but scared I'll be disappointed if I haven't lost anything.
RachaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #180  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Berry, OMG! You look awesome!!! I don't think I'd ever seen anything really other than your face.....way to go, girl!!!!

Sum, I take my pics on the 28th of the month.......so I'll be doing them sooooon! I'm kinda curious this month.....last month's I couldn't tell much difference. Hoping to see more this month.

Have had 582 calories today, so far. We grilled last night and had leftovers so that's what we're doing for supper tonight. I can still have 515 calories today. Not feeling well today......took pain meds last night for a sore hip and I'm VERY groggy today....I keep zoning out at my desk. BUT I WILL go for a walk today. Hubby and I walked 1.25 hilly miles Tuesday. It felt GREAT!! Didn't go last night because of sore hip. Can't wait to do it tonight.

Okay, back to work for me.

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 05-19-2011 at 02:03 PM.
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote