Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I may do some personals later, but stacy, that news can't wait! WTG! That's so great!

I've been struggling a lot this week, and I'm not sure why (aside from the work and weather issues) and it has me nervous. The behaviors aren't too far off, but the attitude is. I was an emotional wreak last night. I was mad at my husband for letting my son have a friend over (I had my reasons) but my response was way overboard. I was in tears.

I rode my bike to work today, but I felt like I was just going through the motions, not excited about it the way I usually am. Ugh. And then a vendor brought in bagels after I'd eaten breakfast. I was all set to snag one and save it for lunch and instead, I just ate it then and there.

I finally found someone to give me some work yesterday, and as always, it's one extreme or the other. There's a pretty tight deadline on this and there a lot to do! Just can't please me!
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #212  

Zoodoo, sometimes you just have to go through the motions, it is all a part of the journey. You will get your head in it again, just do the best you can for now. Fake it til you make it! Chin up!
Stacy, for overweight! I just hit that this week too, I want to say it feels great, but I didn't feel obese in the first place Maybe when I get to say I am of normal weight it will feel better. Congrats on that and your 173 sticking!
Vixsin, I have to tell you, I have a chuckle everytime you post your weight because you and I have been EXACTLY the same weight for 3 or 4 days now! There was only one day we were off by 0.2, but other than that exactly the same! I am 190.8 today also, waiting for the 180s morning! Have fun rollerskating!
Berry, I don't think the BMI thing is going anywhere anytime soon, but you are right, it is not meant for every body type. Probably only average boned people. For me, I think it is right on the money, but won't know until I get closer.
DianaLa, August is going to come and go whether you are on plan or not. When it comes, how will you feel if you did throw in the towel and are still at this weight, or worse, heavier? How will you feel if you keep chugging and are at/around the 180's like you predict? That's an easy answer, now keep doing what you are doing and focus on one day or week at a time. You can do this! (please repeat this back to me when I am feeling frustrated!)
Milesaway, I was talking of calorie control next time you go out! What you did is done and gone, forget it and move on. You are right, you won't lose weight taking in that many calories from alcohol alone. You have to make a choice to have it or not. If you choose to have it, you will have to set a limit. There are only so many calories in a day. Stick with diet mixers or light beer, then you can have a couple. Think about your plan for today, tomorrow, this weekend. Forget last weekend.
Rachael, hope your DD feels better soon!
Sum, sounds like a fun day!
Diana32, your trip sounds wonderfully perfect! Thats a nice looking menu, have you made a choice?

Last edited by jomatho; 05-20-2011 at 10:18 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #213  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning Everyone
Another Friday! I can’t say I love the weekends like most other normal people. But then again, I don’t consider myself all that normal!

Thank you all for the nice commies on my avi. That pic was taken on March 18, right before I started 3FC.

I saw a slight drop (0.2) this morning, better than gaining any day of the week! I’ll always change my ticker on Fridays to reflect my WI.

I don’t really know how I feel today. I think it’s b/c I had so few cals yest. I have a lot I could realistically do, but for some odd reason, I have very little motivation. UGH! I can’t stand it when I’m like this. I’m glad it’s not very often.

I am working tomorrow night. This may be contributing to my blah feeling. When I went in for 4 hrs on Wednesday, our unit was a train wreck! We defo do not have the issue ZooDoo does with her job. We are ALWAYS overworked, from the time you walk in to the time you walk out! (Thank you USA governmental policy)

Jo: Have fun at the game tonite.

Kristiina: I wouldn’t have a problem eating at your fundraiser tonite. I don’t eat red meat It’s not like “Save the “ I just don’t like it. Have fun and enjoy your beautiful day!

Diana32: OH WOW! I didn’t know the GSM had a train ride! How FUN!! We visit there at least once/yr, sometimes more. My parents have a timeshare there. We typically go in the winter. I haven’t been in the summer in forever. I hope you have fun while you’re there. Oh, and you can tell your DH’s friend you “splashed around” while you were on holiday!

Stacy: on the STICK!!! Thanks for you kind words.

Miles Away: Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and know that you are defo NOT alone. I so feel ya on the being able to consume 1400-1500 cals/night on drinking 3-4 nights/wk! I was right there! Funny tho, I was much smaller than I am now I’d have to attribute that to dancing most of the night away!

Hi Claire, DianaLA, ZooDoo, Melissa, and anyone I missed.

Hope everyone has a fabulous OP weekend.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #214  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

I got a new low today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I weighed in at 262.6! I'm so excited! I'm getting closer and closer to the 250s!

Last night I had another great workout with my cousin. She was able to do the full 20 min on the treadmill this time! After work this afternoon i'm going back to the gym with my boss to take a BLT cardio class. I've never taken this class before and hope I can make it lol. It targets the butt, legs and tummy!

B: 2 egg omelet loaded with veggies with a side of whole wheat toast
S: Spinach & artichoke hummus with whole grain pita bread
L: 6 in turkey sub with cheese, lettuce and honey mustard on wheat with a side of white cheddar popcorn
S: Oats & Peanut butter fiber bar
D: probably lettuce wraps stuffed with homemade chicken salad
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #215  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Berry: I think biking is so fun! I need to buy me one! I am soooo proud of you and look up to you for your efforts. You're doing great with your blood sugar and its truly inspirational! Can't wait till you get to onederland!

Sum: Have fun golfing! It's something that ive never tried and am sure I will be terrible at it lol

Gaining: Man I thought I was the only onestruggling in April lol

Stacygee: Maybe I need to adopt your "stick" method lol. I see a new number and then run with it lol
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #216  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Stacy: Congrats for being Overweight!!!!!!!! That's amazing!!!

Jo: Thank you for that post! That was so funny to me! I can't wait to see what WE will weigh tomorrow!!! I've got my fingers crossed that we'll hit the 180's this weekend!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #217  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I just came back from REI. THey are having their BIG sale. I was looking at the one bike I can try out. It's OK, but I really want a step through bike. SO, I will order the Raleigh. But, I went browsing while there. I tried on a few skirts and shirts. There was even one size 14 that was baggy? What's up with that???? That is some serious vanity sizing going on. I didn't buy anything as I'm good to go with my goodwill finds for this upcoming size except for a couple t-shirts and I'm not buying t-shirts at REI. But for the first time in years and years and years, it's a little fun to try things on! I have some semblance of a shape again so thinks don't look that awful on me. Well, they don't look great, but things were looking SO BAD, that this improvement in the mirror is making me feel like EVERYTHING looks good (slight exaggeration).

But I'm starving - only had a protein bar so far today. Time to eat! So nice to come online to so much positiveness!

And Stacygee woohoo to that scale finally MOVING. You know it would! You are soooooo close now to losing 100 pounds and when you do - you NEED to get some serious, fabulous pictures taken!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:44 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Berry: I've noticed the sizes are all so different too. I told my stster today I wear a SMALL 14. Becasue some 14s are too baggy on me. Some brands run small and some run big. It is very hard to figure out when you haven't worn regular sizes since 1998.

Vixson: Congratulating me on being overweight is CRACKING ME UP!

MzJuicy: I like the "stick" method... it keeps me from being to crazy about the little fluctuations. I highly recommend it! Congrats on your new low, too!

K9: Tell me what your job is again? Did I miss that somewhere? I thought you were a stay at home dogmom. and no thanks for kind words... but you really are quite stunning.

Jo: I thought it was you that also became overweight this week... but I wasn't sure. We are such good diet buddies... never getting too far ahead of each other! I really don't live and die by that BMI thing. I've been lifting weights for over a year and I know BMI really doesn't account for muscle mass... but it is a measurememnnt that people concern themselves with so I am happy to see progress.

zoodoo: did you see the thread about weightloss making you more emotional. Could that be what is happening. I don't know what truth there is to that... I know I have had emotional issues through this journey. Also, too little sugar or changing your eating habits could make you cranky too. I know by the end if the day I am totally WIPED out and I get VERY grumpy with my kids. I always feel bad.
--------------------------------

I am a little dehydrated. BBL... I need a water break!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #219  
This is for life!

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/136

Height: 5'3"

I saw jomatho on another thread and followed her over here... You are all very inspiring!

Jomatho: you are showing such a steady weight loss, and I wanted to ask you how you are doing it. I see that you are running. How about diet and other forms of exercise?

I've been stuck at 192 - 195 for 2 months and it won't budge. I've been trying all different approaches to exercise - switching it up to keep my body guessing. But maybe I need to start running and leave it at that?
Gwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:01 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

Berry~ hate the bmi think as well. one summer years ago me and my sister weighed the same amount, we are similar heights as well. and it was unbelievable. bc she looked chubby, and i looked average, really. huge difference, but she is very petite and im big boned. they have to use body fat % added to that bmi calculation.

stacygee!~ 9 from 100, amazing, you're an inspiration!

k9owner, themilesaway~ thanks for the responses

im kind of new to this, but is it possible that eating a steak and exercise can have you up 1 pound? i was OP, and did hard aerobics/weights at curves, and had a nice filet mignon which i made, so i know there was nothing bad added to it. it did cost me 500cals and a lot of fat. but still OP. is it normal to be up?

Last edited by aggie2006; 05-20-2011 at 04:02 PM.
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #221  

aggie- I eat steak at least once a week and I don't think that I go up b/c of it. But, if you have some sore muscles from your workout they could be retaining water. i have found when I am sore I sometimes go up and I think it could be water retention. try drinking a little extra and that could help flush out water retention or when your muscles aren't sore you'll find the pound come back off.

Gwen: welcome! This is a great place to come for support and advice and encouragement.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #222  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
K9: Tell me what your job is again? Did I miss that somewhere? I thought you were a stay at home dogmom. and no thanks for kind words... but you really are quite stunning.

--------------------------------

I am a little dehydrated. BBL... I need a water break!
I am a Cardiac RN. I specialize in heart failure and have a minor specialty in Myocardial Infarct (heart attack) as well as abnormal heart rhythms. I use to work full time, but in February, I cut my hours to part time. I typically work just 1-2 nights a week now (7p-7a). Sometimes, they offer me to come in for 4 hr shifts or 8 hr shifts, but these are rare these days at the hospital where I work!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #223  

K-9: I knew that... I forgot! I spent the month of October with my dad in the cardiac unit... the nurses on the Cardiac Unit were UNBELIEVABLE. Day after Day I admired each and every one of them. I have never seen people work so hard in all my life.

--------------------

What's a girl got to do to get attention from her husband these days? You'd think my newly emerging figure would be more interesting then a computer game?
Old 05-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Stacy, congrats on the 173!! I knew it was only a matter of time before your scale co-operated with you.

It is official I am down another pound and I have changed my ticker. Now at 238. I have to start thinking about getting some clothes that fit me. I look like a baggy pants comedian!! With so much weight yet to lose I hate to pay top dollor for temporary clothes. I think I will shop at Goodwill, Salvation Army, AMVETS and Habitat for Humanity stores. Being so short I can always find pants that need to be hemmed for my height. It would be different if I were tall and everything was too short.

1081 calories today and an amazing low 524 mg of sodium!!

K9Owner, As a Cardiac Nurse, Tell me can a person recovering from multiple bypass surgery be too low in sodium? I add no salt to anything. The 524 mg is what was in the food I ate. Your avatar looks great. The Cardiac Nurses I have been around are much more than nurses, they are also my Guardian Angels!! Thank You!!

1/2 mile walk today

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 05-20-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:06 PM   #225  
~Krystal~

Larry,
The answer to this Sodium question is “Yes”.
Not only after bypass surgery! However, any time you have had a human manipulate your heart, you are pretty much at risk for every electrolyte being out of balance, which is why it is imperative to keep it checked at your MDs office.
The normal sodium range in blood is 135-145.

However, it is more to it than loading up on a bunch of Sodium Chloride—or table salt.
Since you probably have a small percent of CHF (congestive heart failure)—I have acknowledged this based on the meds you talk about taking—the treatment may be something more along the line of a 3% Saline solution via IV instead of someone who does not have heart failure. WHY? Glad you asked. Normally, a cardiologist would prescribe a bolus of Normal Saline via IV be given to someone with a Sodium level in the 120s, but because your body has enough fluid on board already, he may not take the chance in throwing you into a full blown CHF episode, where you would be symptomatic, i.e shortness of breath, especially with exertion, edema, pulmonary edema (fluid around the lungs), edema of the extremities (pitting or non-pitting), chest pressure with or without pain, etc.

I’m not sure how often your cardiologist will be checking your labs, but I would guess every 3-6 months, especially being on Lasix—as he is more concerned with your Potassium levels being too low instead of your Sodium.

For signs/symptoms of HypoNatremia (low sodium) Click here.
With you watching your fluid intake, I don’t really see you having a Sodium deficit as I do a Potassium deficit. If anything, I would expect to see you experiencing HyperNatremia (elevated Sodium), despite careful calculations.