Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:00 AM   #106  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2006 View Post
diana32~ i cant wait to have your problem. to be at that point where i am finding what works for my body, and no longer needing to lose. i have a very long road ahead of me but reading your statement "being obese your whole life" kind of made me realize i dont want to be on this weight loss journey when im older. im 28, id like to see myself healthy and in shape still in my 20's. i want my 30s to be full of energy, and looking fab! one day at a time right?
Aggie It is most definitely one day at a time! I feel that I have missed out on some things because of my weight. I have still lived a very full life and tried not to let my weight hold me back, too much. I have made the most of my life, that I could. I would encourage everyone to do that, no matter your weight. Live your life, to the maximum of your ability.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Of course my morning weigh in was 175 AGAIN! BUT- I know I am doing everything right. I'm not freaking out although it is a bit frustrating. I know I am eating well and I am going to give my body the time it needs to adjust. Today I will go to SPIN class and Pilates. I may jump on the treadmill or elliptical for the 30 min in between- or I might rest... we'll see.

----------------------------------------

Jo: Start your workout... once you get started you'll be glad you did!

Berry: Glad your scale moved down! YAH for you!

Diana: I think your planning for maintenance is so well thought out and reallistic. You are such a wonderful example to us all.

Milesaway: Is it BodyPump that you go to? I am going to start that when I am done with my trainer. It is a really popular class here. I guess I should be glad I am not gaining too. I've been working on this for a while so a major plateau was bound to happen. I love going to the gym and exercising. I don't even count spin class as exercise... I just go for FUN!

Still: I worked in human resources until 2001 and then I opened and ran my own store until 2005. Running your own business I thought would allow me more freedom but it really didn't so I closed it. I have some very special memmories with staying home with my first child at that time (she was born in 2004). We did tons or playgroups, zoo visits, childrens museum. It was a very special time. I was in a GREAT MOMS CLub that provided an excellent social netwrok. When I moved to where I lived now there was no MOMS CLUB and less activity options and staying home was very alienating. I think that is what provided me the opportunity to gain 25 EXTRA pounds. NOW though I am really feeling a pull to return to the work world. I feel like I am not done professionally. I am just worried about what type of job I can get and if it is worth it. My computer skills are not what they were and I haven't answered to a boss in 10 years. Just sharing my experience with you... not sure if it helps or not!

Roadbiker: You're right this is a frustrating plateau. After my second baby I was treated for hypothyroidism but after 2 years on levothyroxin my doctor took me off. He checks it periodically but everything has been normal... If this plateau lasts much longer I may go for a check.

Aggie: I don't know my fitness pal. I'll have to look it up. I the info helps you out!

Larry: I had many years of behaving badly... so I'll be okay with a day or two of being well behaved... you know what they say, "Well-behaved women rarely make history."

Pint: Good to hear from you!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Stacy - My class is called Power Pump, but I think it's basically the same thing as body pump. We basically work out with weights to music, going through all the major muscle groups. I started a few months ago and have upped my weights once since then. I still feel the burn the next day, it's a good feeling! I'm envious that you enjoy exercise, I hate every minute of it. Can't imagine in a million years I'd have fun at a spin class, good for you!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:10 AM   #109  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Phew! Weigh in--OVER for ANOTHER week! After all that smack I talked earlier about only going to meetings to help keep my friend accountable--it was an AWESOME meeting....I left there tonight TOTALLY re-inspired!!!
Way to go! You are doing so great - so consistently too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post

Also, have you guys ever had weird cravings while losing weight and working out? I'm talking WEIRD. Tonight my mouth is WATERING over the thought of combination Pizza Rolls dipped in chocolate icing/frosting. How gross *should* that sound?! Of course, that fat bomb will not be indulged, but still. The thought is sooooo tantalizing. I'm utterly confused over it.
That is really odd. I know there is a disorder for people wanting to eat nonfoods, but combining weird foods? Maybe you were just realllllly hungry and anything sounded good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Melissa - Way to go on that 1.2 pound drop. Glad to see you have Mel's book on Square Foot Gardening. I have the original that I bought back in 1981 when I lived in Hawaii. I have been a Square Foot Garden enthusiest ever since.

My DW brithday is tommorrow and she asked to go to Red Lobster looked online and my best choices seem to be be either the 1/2 order of Tilapia at 210 calories or the 1/2 order of Salmon at 270 calories. I will decide when I get there. I am definately staying away from those wonderfull cheddar cheese biscuits. There should be a law against them.

Larry,
I am excited about it, but then, I just saw my parsley is all gnawed away and we have a pesky groundhog. I got a trap (a live catch trap) last night. Let's see if I catch the bugger! And when I went to RL, I got the salmon with a side salad (dressing on the side) and veggies and ate only 1 or 2 bites of the potato (and they encrust it with salt, so skip the skin if you get it). For all places to go out to eat - I found it one of the easiest to eat on plan - skipping the biscuits of coruse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadbikerchick View Post
Hi everyone!

Berry: I hope you get some encouragement from your doctor, and that you find a new one whose a better fit . We have such a shortage of doctors in this part of Ontario that you can’t switch. If you quit a doctor, you are simply without a primary care physician . It’s resulted in a situation where too many doctors misuse their power. Oops, I got off on a rant there.
We used to live in Waterloo, ON and faced the same problem. A lot of it is the brain drain to the US. Doctors get paid more in the US, so they leave. I had a horrible experience with a miscarriage while we lived there and my husband had some oddball treatment when he broke his ankle - all because of lack of doctors - not universal health care - but lack of people to provide it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
Hey everyone! Big WOOSH for me! I'm at 171 for the second day in a row, down from 173!!!! Woo hoo! I've been working hard for this loss!

Thanks for all the congrats to DH. He graduated with his bachelors from Lawrence Tech University, which is in the Detroit area. He's looking at getting his MBA from MSU, though, which would be awesome. I totally have a husband again for at least nine months though!!

I have a very scary question for you all. I'm really considering becoming a stay at home mom, or at least lowering my hours at work to about 20 a week, to spend more time with little man. I was hired in at 20, but as they really liked my work, they've just slowly moved me up, and up, until I don't have much work-home balance anymore. My boss wouldn't even honor my dr's note for 25 hours a week while the cancer stuff was happening until I threatened to quit. After the radiation, she had promised me no more than 6 hour days/30 hours a week, but surprise! Here I am with my shortest day this week being a seven hour day, with some nines thrown in. I'm still sick, and tired, and not doing well. They are piling on more and more. I love what I do, I really really love what I do, but little man needs more of me than what he is getting. How do I do this? Have any of you made the work to home transition?

Thanks. I'm really worried about this.

I actually get out of work early today, so I will be back later for personals.
First, congrats on your weight loss and to your DH for his degree. Now with teh job thing. If it was supposed to be 20 hours and she agreed to drop to 30... you need to talk or leave if you guys can financially afford it. My opinion of course, but that doesn't sound like a healthy environment - especially when they didn't even want to alter your hours when you were getting radiation? HELLO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
I've had another drop on the scale. I am in the 145 range. That's where I wanted to get. I am going to try to maintain in this range, with the idea that I will bounce up during TTOM, etc. I have started following my TF rotation more closely how it was written instead of doing more. On days that they have rest days, I will still do a workout. I don't feel that my, once 300-400 pound body is like a "normal" person's body. I think something changes once you are morbidly obese and/or you are obese all of your life. I have read about it, so I will just keep that idea in my head. I am not changing my daily calories, but I am making some changes at other times. Tonight will be the first change that I make. Today I am getting my hair cut and we are going to that Japanese restaurant that I like. In the past, I didn't eat the rice that came with my meal, I substituted vegetables. On this day, once a month, I will eat the rice. I will monitor the amount of rice they give me to make sure it's not way too much. The other change I have made is that, I have struggled on the weekends. Due to our weekend schedule, my meals are spaced out farther than they are during the week. Especially on Saturday, I find myself getting light headed. I have added in an extra snack (cottage cheese w/fruit or yogurt @150 calories). I did a lot better this past weekend. I only had to do this on Saturday. The whole idea here, for me, is that my weight loss has slowed considerably over the last few months. That tells me that I am eating/exercising close to what my body needs to maintain my weight. Based on that, I don't really need to make any major changes. I will make the small changes that I mentioned above and then analyze from there.

Berry Let me tell you! Just when you think you've figured out your body, it WILL change on you! Have fun mulching!
Sounds like a reasonable plan Diana and when you stop losing and don't gain (which will take a couple months to figure it all out, I'm sure), you will know you found the balance.

And yes, every time you think you have your body figured out - it changes - always!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Checking in for yesterday, I was very busy. Had the same exact meal plan as the day before (POP), I was just at a track meet instead of baseball game to mess with the timing of my meals . I did rest all day yesterday, and my joints feel better, but I feel so tired and blah today. Trying to find the motivation to workout right now. I don't want to do it, but know I will feel better if I do. I am currently half way to my monthly running goal, so I need to stick to my schedule of run three days, rest one day.

Berry, please send some of that sunshine my way! The wind has finally died down here, but we need some sun to warm things up again.
Back later for (hopefully) some personals, lots of great things going on with everyone!
Have a great non-blah day!
yay for another great day! We've been getting LOTS of rain too - every day this week. I'm just sneaking out between downpours. I tried to go out now, but the ground is so squishy that I am waiting a bit for it to soak in before attempting to mulch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Of course my morning weigh in was 175 AGAIN! BUT- I know I am doing everything right. I'm not freaking out although it is a bit frustrating. I know I am eating well and I am going to give my body the time it needs to adjust. Today I will go to SPIN class and Pilates. I may jump on the treadmill or elliptical for the 30 min in between- or I might rest... we'll see.
Want me to kick the scale for you? it will move and when it does, it will probably be significant but plateaus STINK. I'm sorry!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #110  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Aggie, I'm in the same boat. I've wasted almost all of my twenties. I don't want my thirties to be the same.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #111  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Aggie, I'm in the same boat. I've wasted almost all of my twenties. I don't want my thirties to be the same.
I wasted my 20s and 30s. I'm taking back my 40s and I'm going to be HOT!!! For the last hurrah of my younger looking years! (OK, me hot is not quite the way I would describe me, but I want to look great and be fit for the rest of this decade!)
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #112  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I'm taking back my 40s and I'm going to be HOT!!! For the last hurrah of my younger looking years! (OK, me hot is not quite the way I would describe me, but I want to look great and be fit for the rest of this decade!)
I am totally with you on this one. I may not be HOT by others standards. I am HOT in my own way.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #113  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Nikki, I'm kind of facing the same thing as you....we own our own business (a family-operated machine shop). My MIL had always taken care of the office stuff (most of it)...I began "helping" her in 2000. I have a 12 yr old and a 6 yr old. I was able to spend a great deal of time at home with my 12 yr old when he was little. However, 2 years ago, MIL decided to retire....which left me. I still only work 3 days/week....but with two kids and DH, I pretty much use my days off catching up on what I didn't do while I was at work....plus my stress level is such (with all the added responsibility) that I often find myself short tempered with my kids....or just almost totally tuning them out because I have so much on my mind. I don't have the option (unless I just wanna leave DH in a really bad place of having to find someone to trust to replace me at work) of spending more time at home......if I did, I certainly would! Your kids are only small once. If you miss out on it, you can't get those times back. It breaks my heart that I miss as much as I do with my DD. I NEVER missed a field trip, class party or anything with my 12 yr old when he was younger. I haven't been on a single trip or to a single class party with my DD this year. I have to say....I totally resent it. I've even told my DH that I resent it. And Grandma has become TOTALLY self-absorbed since retiring and REFUSES to spend ANY quality time with her granddaughter. (We've discussed this with her a few times...she promises to change, but HASN'T....because she doesn't want to.) Your kids are much more important than any stupid job where your best interests aren't considered......that's my opinion. Hope I haven't offended you or upset you.....I just feel really strongly about it in my own circumstance. I wish I had the option you do........

I saw a new low this morning.....197.4, fully dressed. I'm giving planning my meals out a shot....I like it a lot so far. Makes things so much easier! K9owner, thanks for being willing to give me that ...I sure hope I don't need it! Still feeling REALLY motivated this morning.....hope it sticks!

Hope everyone has a completely on target day!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #114  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

.....and berryblondeboys and diana3271, I'm jumpin' on the "hot boat" with you guys!! I'll be 38 in July.......I plan to hit the big 4-0 lookin' like I'm turning the big 3-0! My 40's are gonna be smokin'!!!!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 188/165/140

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone

Hope everyone’s off to a good start today.

Still: Once your basic needs are met, more money doesn’t make you happier, and no one dies wishing they had spent more time at the office. Your boss sounds like an unsympathetic person. Wouldn’t even honor a doctor’s note? That’s awful!

Aggie: yes, I’m usually very active. This week, though, I haven’t done much. You might have guessed I really like cycling, but we’ve had sooo much rain here. We had the wettest April on record, and so far in May it’s the wettest it’s been since 2000.

Diana3271: way to go on 145. How did you keep your motivation up? Now that I’m close to the end, it’s like my motivation has gone out the window.
Berry: way to go on the weight loss. I wish I could be out in the garden like you, but we have rain again. Things are greening up beautifully, but I have no chance to get out there and tend to them. On the other hand, I’m not made of sugar, so maybe I’ll do a little this morning.

So here is my commitment for today. I will track what I eat – everything - and I’m going to work out for one hour. The weather’s not cooperating, but I’ll do something.

Oops, I started the personals hours ago, then got distracted, so I've missed all the posts since about 8 am. Oh well, BBL
roadbikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #116  

Still, I have done both stay at home and work, a couple times I worked full time for 12 years, home for 5, worked for 6 more years part time and have been home almost a year now. It is hard for moms because we have this need to be nurturing but have urges to be professional too (generalizing here). This last time back to work, I only worked 3 days a week and the reason I quit again is because I felt like life fell apart on the days I worked. Things get very busy and it is like DianaLa said, you feel like your head is spinning with all you have to do and remember. I was neglecting myself and going through the motions/just doing the bare minimum with the kids, the house, my health. I was also going to say something similar to what roadbiker said that when DS graduates from high school would you ever think to yourself "I wish I would have worked more"? No, if you continue to put in more hours than you are comfortable with, you will probably think you wish you would have worked less and spent more time with him. I have other issues too such as DH travels a lot and my kids have medical issues that I need to oversee 24/7, so it was really a no brainer for me, not sure why I went back in the first place. On the other hand, many, many women work full time or more and get through, so it is doable. I know it is a tough decision, but the only regrets I have are the years I was working and what I missed out on. Money is material. I can always go back when they are gone, or if needed, but for now I am happy with my decision. Hope that helps a little, I know it is hard!

Last edited by jomatho; 05-18-2011 at 11:18 AM.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
.....and berryblondeboys and diana3271, I'm jumpin' on the "hot boat" with you guys!! I'll be 38 in July.......I plan to hit the big 4-0 lookin' like I'm turning the big 3-0! My 40's are gonna be smokin'!!!!!
I want on that hot boat!
Old 05-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #118  

Well, I did a 2 mile run today, the bare minimum. It will have to do for today. Not sure how a body gives energy for 8 miles one day and barely 2 another .
I still feel blah. . . Have to go get a few groceries and I don't even want to do that, ick.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #119  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

You ladies have me seriously this a.m.
I can't stay long. I have a date with my
He insists, but I am giving him a go at protesting--He's gonna win

I’m going to do a couple personals now, then later for more.

Still: I know so many moms who have opted to stay home and raise their children, it is really unbelievable! I will tell you, I have NEVER head any of them say, “I really hate I am choosing to stay at home with the children. As a matter of fact, it’s just the opposite! They love their SAHM lifestyle. As for me personally, I am mid-30s and have 2 K9s and I was working full time 3 (13.5 + hr shifts/nite) and now I just do 1 or 2. When they ask me to do more, I usually don’t. My health comes before taking care of someone else’s. I know this seems cruel, but if I can’t walk, I certainly can’t help you walk—or anyone else! I have had to do some major shaving of financial extras, but I really don’t miss it! Like, instead of a $60/month gym membership, I utilize my treadmill, the local parks, dvds, and such. We had DISH satellite turned off at $70/month and got Netflix $8/month—ok by me, I hate t.v. and never watch it. Instead of going out to eat 4-5x/wk, now it’s just on Sunday. Thinking back on it, going out 4-5x/wk is what attributed to me gaining 20+ lbs!
on the woosh!!

Aggie
: I seriously am so addicted to MFP it’s ridiculous! I never thought I’d be so obsessed with an app for my iPhone, much less an internet site! There is just something about it that has captured my mind for now. You can add me if you like. My handle is “chosengiver”. Also, there is a Texas girl on my friend’s list that is a personal trainer. Her name is Robin. She is FABULOUS! She has been a HUGE help to me and just everyone on MFP. She adds people to help “coach”. Check out her profile “trainerRobin”
"Today is the first day of the rest of your life" this is in a movie I’ve seen!!

MilesAway: That plan is exactly what I aim for each day! If I’m to carby in the a.m. I try to do an omelet at nite and vice versa. I have done pretty good cutting out a lot of the processed sugar, if I can wean off of these Dulce De Leche PowerBars my trainer friend introduced me to! OMGosh, so addictive! I seriously eat one almost everyday! If hot chocolate and a cereal bar is considered a “binge”, I think you’re OKAY!
Hope you have a successful WI!!

RachaelJ: Good Job staying within your calorie range!

Diana32: on the drop!! Maintaining is HARD! I found it’s best to have a range, a couple lbs under and over the initial goal. Fluctuations are defo going to happen. I just wish I was in that range again ((sigh)) I hope your changes produce the responses you are looking for!

Melissa
: on your drop DURING TOM!! Hey, I’m not telling him to stall on you this month! that cycle you’re used to is changing up a bit!

Ok, off to
Have a fabulous OP day everyone!!

NO SNACKING MS.ONEDERLAND! GRAB A
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #120  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Gang!!!

I am confirming that I am, in fact, ALIVE!!!!

As you all know, I’ve been dealing with some crazy stuff going on with vandals. Well, they got me for a 3rd time on Friday morning. 4 flats and now a cracked windshield. I have installed new and wonderfully bright motion-lighting at my house and the security camera will be going up early next week. The plan is to park my car back in my driveway and wait them out. I hope, hope, hope, HOPE that they come back again because then I’ll have them on camera. I am in contact with the detective for my case and a laision for the community police in my area. The PO PO can’t do much until I have proof. They all know about the lighting, camera, and my plan to catch them. I am ALL about catching them! I am so excited about it. I can’t wait to let them know that they picked the WRONG girl to f*** with. I am VERY MUCH Mother Lion again. I now feel like I am protecting my pack. I think it might be the neighbor across the street's older son. I think I might have a slight stalker/obssession thing going on. Maybe... The cameras will tell me.

So with all of the drama of the last few weeks and especially the last few days, I haven’t eaten all that great. Not too many bad choices. Some days though were LOW on calories. I’m focused this week on planning my meals and working on getting all of my calories and water in for the day. But here’s my info:

13 no w/i
14 192.8 -.6
15 190.6 -2.2
16 192.6 +2.0
17 193.4 +.8
18 191.8 -1.6

I know you will forgive me for not doing personals. LOL I’ve been thinking about you guys and my need to get back here and update all of you. I’m hopeful that the offline craziness is under enough control so that I can get back to my online activities. LOL
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote