Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #181  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Back ladies. I feel awful that I'm only checking in every other day (or longer) but even Facebook is suffering from neglect at this point! I'm so frikin' busy.

For those asking about P90X: I do like it, and yeah, it is kinda hard. The thing that's nice about it is that there are no set reps. He doesn't say, "Ok, now give me 50 pushups." Instead, you set your own reps, focusing on form. If you can only do 3 pushups without losing form, do 3. Next time you push for more. You are constantly trying to beat your last performance. I use workout bands instead of weights and I have a pullup bar that fits into a doorway. Ab Ripper X is... I can't even describe. It's DEFINITELY a good workout for the abs. My favorite butt-kicker workouts are plyometrics, ab ripper X and kenpo. Yoga is my favorite recovery workout.

Roadbiker: Yeah, I have been watching portions and logging calories. I'm not eating any more than I was before upping my workouts. DH says it has to be muscle. He said I'm looking more fit, but my pants aren't getting any looser and the scale isn't moving, so I don't know. It's frustrating. I may need to reevaluate my diet. I'm stuck. I want no part of giving up. I have to work out at this point, it's part of my every day life now, but I'm also frustrated beyond measure. I didn't even have any cake or ice cream at my son's birthday party. UGH.

For everyone else: I am so happy to see everyone coming in with good news and losses! I hope to be joining you soon!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #182  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
Back ladies. I feel awful that I'm only checking in every other day (or longer) but even Facebook is suffering from neglect at this point! I'm so frikin' busy.

For those asking about P90X: I do like it, and yeah, it is kinda hard. The thing that's nice about it is that there are no set reps. He doesn't say, "Ok, now give me 50 pushups." Instead, you set your own reps, focusing on form. If you can only do 3 pushups without losing form, do 3. Next time you push for more. You are constantly trying to beat your last performance. I use workout bands instead of weights and I have a pullup bar that fits into a doorway. Ab Ripper X is... I can't even describe. It's DEFINITELY a good workout for the abs. My favorite butt-kicker workouts are plyometrics, ab ripper X and kenpo. Yoga is my favorite recovery workout.
I am afraid to try such tough workouts. I don't want to try things that make me feel weak! So, you have got some serious strength going on and your body will show it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post
Berry, OMG! You look awesome!!! I don't think I'd ever seen anything really other than your face.....way to go, girl!!!!

Have had 582 calories today, so far. We grilled last night and had leftovers so that's what we're doing for supper tonight. I can still have 515 calories today. Not feeling well today......took pain meds last night for a sore hip and I'm VERY groggy today....I keep zoning out at my desk. BUT I WILL go for a walk today. Hubby and I walked 1.25 hilly miles Tuesday. It felt GREAT!! Didn't go last night because of sore hip. Can't wait to do it tonight.
Thanks for the positive comments. My husband was telling me I'm getting a lot narrower front to back and he's right. Still a long ways to go, but I'm not a blob any more.

Hope your hip feels better. Any idea what causes it? And woohoo to you for taking walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzJuicyD View Post
As for me!!!!! I woke up this morning feeling great!!!! I think it was my workout last night. It was my first workout with my cousin who has lymphedema. I asked her before we started how long she could normally walk without stopping and she said 5 mins. So, we walked together on the tread. I'm starting her on some interval stuff just to help build her endurnace. She ended up walking for 15 min! I was soooo proud of her! After that we took it easy so we wouldnt overdo it. I showed her how to do some lunges (without weights for her) and some simple exercises with hand weights. Then we did about 10 min on the bike followed by simple ab stuff using an exercise ball. This will be a challenge but i enjoy helping out as much as possible! She did great and I am proud of her!

This morning I weighed in and was still down (263.6) so I rewarded myself with a nice breakfast. I usually just opt for cereal since it's quick and easy, but lately i've been making an effort to cook breakfast.

As for exercise, I plan on going to the gym with my cousin again!
So nice to see you all fired up again. See, your efforts are inspiring others and re-inspiring you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
Hi all.

I think I've entered another one of the famous Freakish Whoosh cycles. I'm down 1.4 to 190.4. I've revised my May goal to 189. It felt super ambitious in the beginning of the month because of how slow April was for loss but I feel ok adding 1 more pound now.

Nothing new on the drama at home except that I am now focused on making Maxwell feel better and finding time to do fun things with him. He has really been effected by this over these last 2 weeks since I have been busier than usual and more stressed out. He and I need a SEVERE dose of fun STAT!!!! I hate how this is bothering him. I am going to do a fun supper tonight and then we can work together to straighten out his playroom downstairs since my new treadmill (yes, the ONLY high point from last friday!) is there now. I think I am going to surprise him and pick him up from school and take him rollerskating tomorrow. He's been wanting to do that recently. I don't know. I just feel the need to focus on him to show him that we are ok.
Woohoo!!!! I love Wooshes! And I totally get that you need some mom and son time. They internalize a lot and having him feel that everything will be OK is important. Yes, things happen, but we get through them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTerminedOne1219 View Post
So i'm back!

I feel like i have been gone forever, but i guess its only been a week. And i think that having to read through 14 pages of posts that i missed is enough to convince me to not do that again!!! Sorry i have been MIA, i just havent been feeling it. I want to stay honest on here so i'll say i had a moment of weakness where i was just totally over the work needed to stick it out so i took a little break. I wasnt terribly off plan but i just stopped counting calories. And i blame it all on last weekend when i went out to dinner. I just dont have the will power yet to do it once and move on so i'm not doing that again for a while!!!

Havent worked out in a week either but i've been just thoroughly exhausted with some huge financial burdens i've got going on. Its looking like i might have been offered a job though so HOPEFULLY tomorrow ill bring good news that will kick start my re-entry into getting back OP. I havent touched a scale in a while so i will be weighing in on Sunday to see where i'm at and going from there! Work outs start again on monday and...

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

i so badly want to do this i just need to stop defeating myself and take it one day at a time! I will succeed!

So i've decided to torture myself... haha. By that i mean, i have decided not to cut my hair until i reach my ultimate goal! I normally wear my hair quite short but was talked into growing it out and i guess i did because i gained a lot of weight in my face. So aside from a trim from time to time, i will not allow myself to cut my hair short until i reach my goal! And then and only then, will i cut my hair off and wear the nice short cut that i miss so much!! Anyone that knows me knows that is motivation enough!!! haha

Other than that WELCOME to all the new peoples! All i can say is be sure to post on here as often as possible, it really does help! I missed it when i stopped..

And i would go on and on about everything that i read but it would take forever so congrats to those doing well, and hang in there to those that are struggling like me!!!
Sometimes getting back in the groove is hard, but a lot of time all it takes is ONE workout - or ONE really good day and it gets you right back at it. You can do it!!!! And checking in is a positive sign that you will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
Sorry on phone...
I've been having a kick *** week. I made sure i've walked at least half an hour every day this week though my goal was 40 min a week! I felt good, so why stop? Even on that rainy day i walked around a store for an hour or so. Been eating really well, too and drinking my water. I had a little juice yesterday and the amount of sugar almost made me gag. I'm feeling super positive this week.
But i've been worrying about the loose skin thing when i hit goal. I'm poor so i doubt i could afford surgery.
Yay for you! Try not to worry about loose skin. What's worse? Loose skin or flab everywhere? The answer is FLAB! And you never know. I've lost 46 pounds so far and I'm not noticing any loose skin. And even if you do get it, it WILL shrink up. Some people it shrinks up completely. Others not all of it, but much of it. Clothes hide it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelJ View Post

Yesterday I stopped at the grocery store and was drawn to the dessert section. They had a key lime and kiwi cupcake that I bought but youll be glad to know I didn't even eat it. I tasted the icing and immediately threw it away. It was nasty.

I'm feeling like there isn't any weightloss yet this week because of TOM. I'm tempted to get on the scale but scared I'll be disappointed if I haven't lost anything.
Yay for throwing it away! Next time - just walk right by!!! And weigh yourself when you're ready. There's no reason to do it if you don't want to. Just keep making positive decisions and the scale will catch on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
Berry - Did I miss it? How'd the doctors appointment go?

Diana/Berry - It seems like everyone is in the bathing suit frame of mind. When I get some pictures ready, I'm going to post them here for advice. And speaking of advice, Berry, Lands End has lots of options where you can buy suits for specific bra sizes. Makes a HUGE difference.

I sort of fell apart yesterday, although all told I ended up with about 1850 calories. Definitely high, but not insane. There are a couple of factors making me feel blah: the #@#%*& rain that just won't quit isn't doing me any favors. I've still managed to get bits and pieces of exercise on the elliptical at lunchtime, and I pulled out the wii fit plus and have been playing on that some, but I don't enjoy it as much as a walk or bike ride or working in the yard.

The other problem is that I've got almost nothing to do at work, which means time goes slow, I'm bored, and snacky. Not a good combo. This is an big issue I have at this job. My supervisor pays absolutely no attention to me and only a small fraction of my work comes from him. I've asked him if he has anything for me, and a few other people. I'll get a days worth of work and then go back to next to nothing. Yet last winter I had so much to do that I was working nights and weekends. I'm pretty new here, and the company as a whole isn't doing too well right now, so I don't want to make too much of a stink. But it is an issue I'm not really sure how to handle.
Sorry work is at a lull - boredom is certainly a trigger for me to eat. maybe find something fun to work on that you can take to work. Or find a mini project that makes things more efficient.

And I updated about my doctor visit and I have some swimsuit news to share in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Jo OOPS! I normally forget to put my weight on this check in. I always put it on my weigh in thread. The sodium did jump on me. I'm up 1.4 pounds. It could have been the rice, since I don't normally eat that many carbs. Back on plan and back to business as usual.
You know it's water - it will come off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire25 View Post
Grr! Back up to 192! Had a celebration this weekend and kind of pigged out on bday cake and rich food, so there's no surprise how this happened. Though, I did exercise a LOT this weekend, too, so I was hoping for some offset there. Boo!

On the plus side, all the walking/jogging I've been doing lately has, I think, started to reveal some visible progress on my legs. They seem to look a bit more toned. Not to mention, I feel a lot less stiff in both my legs and lower back since I've started this weight loss/exercise change. So, it's back to business as usual for me, too.

About to go have some breakfast (a grapefruit and a cup of green tea) and then tackle the massive weeding project that is my backyard. Hopefully a jog later, too!

Claire
Birthdays happen. it's what you do inbetween those times that counts. You'll get there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post

Quick post to let you know the SCALE FINALLY MOVED! It weighed in at 173.2 this morning. Let's hope and pray it sticks! This has been a hard time! I'm off to the gym to try to take some power away from the scale and put some power in my own hands!
When you lose you like NEVER lose .2 or .4. You go for whole pounds! yay you and I hope it sticks or adds more to it tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
Hi All
So, if it’s not a tornado siren waking me up, today it’s my neighbor getting a new roof! And the guys that are doing it are banging every SINGLE nail in—one at a friggin time!
I need more than 5 hrs of sleep! River is having no probs sleeping right through it!

No for me today or for that matter
I have the P90X-Ab Ripper and some HIIT I’m doing instead.
Tomorrow is WI, and I will probably gain (buhu, I wanna cry)
However, I think I am losing like Melissa, as in around ovulation time, I will stall or gain a pound—then WOOSH. Push on some more, right? The numbers still don’t add up!
The body just doesn't follow what the books say -but you know if you keep doing what you're doing, you're bound to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Ladies,

I want to get my mom some clothes... She is very short...maybe 4'10...and her weight is around 135 pounds. -- What size do you think she is...14 or 16 petite? I am 5'3 and 155 pounds and I am 10/12...

One thing Finland does not have...clothes for short and "round" people. Everyone is usually tall and thin.. So I tend to get her pants from Lane Bryant. She has lost around 50 pounds...
Same all over Europe. I wonder if that's changing though as Europeans are adopting more and more of the American lifestyle.

I have no idea how to guess her size though, sorry!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 05-19-2011 at 03:33 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

Height: 5'7

Berry! ~ i like the tight pants on you! they dont look to tight to me!

zoodoo~ i went back to fitday because i liked how it lists all the vitamins and minerals you consumed, and the wheel that breaks apart your carb/protein/fat ratio...i just lowered my activity level to stationary to get a better calorie estimate for the day.

yesterday was a tough day for me, almost fell of the wagon, i had such an emotional/this is too hard/feel sorry for myself day. i got so frustrated, that i just went to bed early so i wouldnt eat! im glad i stuck it out, bc im 1 pound down this morning i went to curves and got my butt kicked, i like this curves bc you can stay as long as you want, and the ''rest'' stations they do different aerobic exercises. my heart is definately pumping the entire 30+min! then me and DH had a nice light dinner by the lake. we recently got an amazing nanny, thanks to her i can go to the gym, and out with hubby, she is a blessing! just needed to share!!
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 255/220/140

i have a question. when i track my calories, it also tells me my vitamins/minerals. some days im low on a particular vitamin, but then the next day i have a double dose. is that ok? or do you need for instance 100% of your daily calcium everyday. or can you have 50% one day, and 150% the next and it balances out. any ideas?
aggie2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #185  
Melissa

Went to Kohls and got a second suit. This one I could wear in my yard and mess around with the kids and the sprinkler and not feel self concious. It's not on the Kohl's site, but I found this top which is the same - just mine is blue accent, not red: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...e=00-1678718-2 And these shorts (you guys are right - those shorts with underpanties built in are WAY flattering!): http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...e=00-1679933-2 So all together it looks something like this: http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?...e=00-1680907-2
Old 05-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #186  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

stacy- Yay for the break in the stall! Yay for 173!!!

Melissa- What fantastic pictures! You are working yourself right into a perfect hourglass figure! How gorgeous! Also, so glad to hear about your great doctor's appointment!

aggie2006- hi!

pint- you sound so frustrated. Could it be that as you exercise so intensely, your body is holding on to water weight to repair your muscles?

Diana (LA)- I can't wait to see your new pics!

Dtermined- Sounds like you have a plan! Just keep going, keep your head up, and forgive yourself for the past week. You've learned something invaluable from it- that you can't jump off plan quite yet without falling off. Every time I went totally off plan or stopped counting, it taught me something really important about how and why I lose weight.

jomatho- Holy cannelloni, lady! What a huge difference in the first 22 pounds! Definitely post pics now that you are 40 down! You are so inspiring!

Vixsin- Yay for your woosh! Have fun rollerskating with Maxwell tomorrow!

Sum- man, you are quick! Sometimes I kick the treadmill up to 4.7 MPH and I can barely catch my breath!

MzJuicy- I'm so glad you are feeling so motivated!

K9- hi!

Claire25- hi! Yay for all the exercise you are getting lately! Birthdays are my downfall as well... all that yummy cake and ice cream.

Diana3271- hi! Drink your water and the evil soy sauce weight will drop off. I have a friend who always gets the low sodium soy. I haven't tried it yet. She calls it "low octane soy sauce" Your bathing suit top is totally cute, BTW!

themilesawaygirl- hi!

Larry- hi!

roadbikerchick- hi!

Thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes on my job situation. I'm going to keep stewing it over, and start separating my paychecks from our checking and stowing them away, to get a sense of what our finances will look like should I not work at all. I anticipate by the middle of the summer it'll be done, one way or another.

I have been awesome at staying on plan lately. Scale read 171.0 this AM, so maybe 170 is around the corner. And after that, the 160's! Yesterday I didn't get to work out, but tonight I am definitely hitting the gym. I can totally feel muscle under the fat layer on my belly, which is exciting.

I've been having some emotional issues with weight lately. This is the first time in over four years that weight loss has been considered healthy for me, not a sign or symptom of illness. My thyroid started going intermittently overactive while I was pregnant with my son, and since then, every time I've lost weight its been because my thyroid was overactive and I needed to be medically treated. It was so frustrating because at points I was trying so hard (exercise, eating well) and yet, the only time I lost weight was when I was "sick". I felt like I was being cosmically punished for trying to be healthy. So this is the first time in over four years I've been anywhere near a healthy 170. And I know this time its healthy, a result of me taking good care of myself. There is no way this can be illness related. So I'm proud, very proud, but still kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Here's hoping you are all have fabulous, on plan days!
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #187  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
I have been awesome at staying on plan lately. Scale read 171.0 this AM, so maybe 170 is around the corner. And after that, the 160's! Yesterday I didn't get to work out, but tonight I am definitely hitting the gym. I can totally feel muscle under the fat layer on my belly, which is exciting.

I've been having some emotional issues with weight lately. This is the first time in over four years that weight loss has been considered healthy for me, not a sign or symptom of illness. My thyroid started going intermittently overactive while I was pregnant with my son, and since then, every time I've lost weight its been because my thyroid was overactive and I needed to be medically treated. It was so frustrating because at points I was trying so hard (exercise, eating well) and yet, the only time I lost weight was when I was "sick". I felt like I was being cosmically punished for trying to be healthy. So this is the first time in over four years I've been anywhere near a healthy 170. And I know this time its healthy, a result of me taking good care of myself. There is no way this can be illness related. So I'm proud, very proud, but still kind of waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Yay for the drop on the scale! And I'm sure this is a very emotional time! You found out you had cancer. Had to go through treatment to kill your thyroid to make you hypothyroid and now you are getting that all figured out. One thing you KNOW though is that hypothyroid doesn't make ANYONE lose weight - gain - possibly, but never LOSE. You ARE doing that all on your own and you have every reason to be proud of that! I think you are just awesome!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:08 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

No time for personals today.

It is 9:04 PM and I have only had 883 calories. Will try to up that a little but I do not want to eat a lot before bedtime. My sodium is 1814 mg which is in my plan of 2000 mg.

Walked about 3/4 mile.

Scale is hovering around 238 but I am not changing my ticker yet until I am sure.

Berry You are looking great!!

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #189  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

I just got home! I have been getting home and into bed late every night this week. I don't like not having time for personals! Maybe tomorrow will be a better day to keep up with everyone. I know I will have more time this weekend.

I bought the swimsuit! Last night I also went to Belks. They had the same suits on sale for 30% off. The people there were less than helpful. I definitely didn't want to spend my money there. I went back to Dillards tonight where they were holding my swimsuit. I told them that Belks had the same thing and they are having a sale. The Dillards SA called Belks to confirm it was the same. I got it for 30% off along with great service. I am a happy camper! Or should I say soon to be swimmer.

Berry & Jo I love the new pictures. You both look fabulous!

Total Approx 1450 Calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (710 Calories)
Bread w/butter 160 calories
Sirloin Stead 350 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories

Exercise:
Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body Extreme Weight Loss Workout w/#3 & #5
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Holy Crap, I went back to look at those photos, who is that girl with all those rolls! I am wearing the same pants as in the last two pictures right now and they are practically falling off me! The shirt and jeans from the first two photos are unwearable, way to big. Haven't tried on that tight red top again, maybe I will do that today. Here is the link if you all want to look at the fat me. I am so motivated now, I just want to shout out the windows that I have lost 40 pounds (well, almost, hehe)!!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...my-weight.html
ETA, okay link is working now
Wow!! You're looking great. I see a big differance.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:17 PM   #191  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Wow!! You're looking great. I see a big differance.

Larry,
And those were old pictures. she has lost almost 20 pounds since that was taken! 3 more pounds and we get to see her most current photos.

And thanks Larry for the compliments up above. I'm beginning to see bone structure and muscles...things I had forgotten about!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 05-19-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #192  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Went to Kohls and got a second suit. This one I could wear in my yard and mess around with the kids and the sprinkler and not feel self concious. It's not on the Kohl's site, but I found this top which is the same - just mine is blue accent, not red: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...e=00-1678718-2 And these shorts (you guys are right - those shorts with underpanties built in are WAY flattering!): http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...e=00-1679933-2 So all together it looks something like this: http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?...e=00-1680907-2
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!
I have a couple "Zero" suits! I love them!!
Nice find on the shorts too!!
BTW, love your pics, Melissa.
I love before and afters!
They are super inspiring to me! Thx for sharing your life with us
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 AM   #193  
~Krystal~

I guess I win the award for latest poster for the evenings!
I just got home for the afternoon at 2230! Better than this morning when I got home at 0130!

Quick post for the day

MN-7a: Diet White Chocolate Bliss, 2Tbs FF ½ n ½ 68
7a-Noon: Cheese Omelet, Orowheat English Muffin, 1 tsp Polaner Allfruit 272
Noon-3p: Honeydew Melon 174
3p-7p: Diet White Chocolate Bliss 48
7p-MN: NOW Green Monster, Diet White Chocolate Bliss, 2Tbs FF ½ n ½ 383
Total: 945
I just didn't feel like today!

Ab Ripper X Only made it through some of this! My back can’t tolerate some of the positions, and
I desperately need a spotter on the side positions raising your legs off the floor Good ab workout
though, but glad it was given to me. I’d be upset if I had purchased this!

Approx 2 hrs of HIIT--but not all at once.
Unsure how many cals I burned, but defo more than I ate probably!

I have learned a lot from this day! The main thing being, “I MUST DO MORE CORE!”
Cardio is awesome, but when it comes to floor work, plank, and strengthening exercises….I just don’t
have IT! That’s ok, this has given me newfound inspiration! I that!!

tomorrow! Maybe I'll get lucky and plateau instead of gaining!
Who ever thought I'd use "plateau" and "lucky" in the same sentence???
Old 05-20-2011, 12:37 AM   #194  
~Krystal~

Jo: I love your pics! So motivating!

Diana32: on getting a swimsuit!

Larry: Love your achievements!

Still: I’m so glad you’re here! You’re so motivational to me!

Aggie: No idea on the vit/min thing! I should know this one! Glad you’re still here with us and DIDN’T fall off the wagon!
Push on some more girlie!

Rachael: for your NSV!! I love it when the small things happen. They add up to BIG losses! Trust me, they did for me!

Shishkeberry: Agreed with Melissa—cross the flab/loose skin bridge when and if you have to!

DTerminedOne: I think you must have chosen this name for a reason! I’m glad you’re here!
The first step in defeat is choosing beforehand in your mind it’s ok to give up. Here’s some to help get you back on track!

Vix: on the WOOSH! If I didn’t say so already.
I hope you and Maxwell have a FABULAIRE time this weekend! Gracious knows you 2 need it

MzJ: YOU GEAUX GIRL!!

Pint: you were right about Ab Ripper X! I don’t know that I’ll master this 20 min or so routine!
My poor back can’t tolerate some of the positions!

to everyone else—time for bed! I’m wiped out!!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #195  
Melissa

Morning all! I think I'm buying my bike today! Woohoo! Back down .8 after that high sodium day. So, returned to my low of 209.4 Man, I can't wait to get out of the 200s. Even though I have almost 10 pounds to lose, I can TASTE it... It's like tantalizingly close!

Got a nice walk in last night before the rains came (again). And I got a glucose meter at the doctors office so I can check to see what foods might be triggers for me. Last night was the first trigger food to try - Quinoa. It's a grain, but not known to spike sugars in most people with sugar issues. Count me along with that. My 2 hours post eating quinoa test was 80! I need to call my insurance company about what I need to do to get the test strips covered (they are - but I don't know if I have to ahve it by prescription or can just go and buy it). I don't expect to be needing them a lot as I have controlled my blood sugars completely by diet, but I might have given up foods that I don't need to. Or, I might still be eating some foods give me spikes that I should do without. Basically, I want more information so I always feel confident about what I'm choosing to eat in that it's not harming my body.

Oh, here's an NSV. My husband was holding me last night as we were falling asleep and he was grabbing my arm. He said, "I don't even have to see you to know that you are smaller. I can feel the difference." Well, I sure hope so, but it felt good to hear.